Jack Looney Photography
PO Box 518
Crozet, VA 22932  | map
Style: Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My husband Shane and I got married at Pippin Hill on a cold day in November and Jack was our photographer. He came highly recommended by a co-worker and I know totally understand why. He was absolutely wonderful to work with from the start. He met with us as soon as we requested some information about his services to get a feel for what we would like. From then on, he was always available to discuss ideas or answer any questions.

The day of the wedding, he arrived exactly when he said he would and managed to get in some really great pics of me getting ready with my bridesmaids. He also took great photos of all the details - my dress, my accessories, the rings - they all came out wonderful. And even though it was cold, he didn't miss a beat. He got so many great shots of me and Shane and our family and the venue. He timed them so well with the sunset, everything looked magical! The ceremony and party went so fast for me, I didn't even get to see a lot of the crafts I had made to put various places around the venue. Jack got pictures and videos of all of them and it was so nice to see how everything turned out!

More importantly, Jack is just an extremely nice person with which to work. He is very polite and very patient. And despite taking so many amazing pictures and video snippets and remembering all the pictures I had requested, Jack really managed to stay in the background and let us enjoy every moment of our wedding. I never felt like I was being taken away from people to take pictures.

After the wedding, Jack provided us proofs in a very timely manner, despite it being the holiday season. The media he provides is everything you could need, and he has been there to answer any additional questions I have had.

Oh, and I cannot forget to mention the photo booth! SO FUN! The guests had a blast with it.

I could not be more truthful or more happy to highly recommend Jack to any happily engaged couple!
Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jack was one of our favorite wedding vendors and an absolute joy to work with! We got married at Verulam Farm in November, and Jack was able to capture every special moment of the day... and then some!

I'll admit that I was a little shocked at the prices of wedding photography in Charlottesville as it was more than all of the industry averages I had read online. But after speaking with 3-4 area photographers, we knew Jack would be the best fit for us because of his laid back style and amazing eye for artistic shots. Now I believe that the cost of the photography was worth every penny, thanks to Jack... they're really the only memories we have to take away from the day.

Jack came highly recommended from our wedding venue, caterer, and several friends who got married in Cville. I also love that he threw in a complimentary engagement shoot to get to know us beforehand, and a photo booth for our reception... we brought a few old Halloween costumes as props and it was like extra entertainment for our guests! Those are hidden costs that we avoided because they weren't included in many other photography packages we considered.

We also didn't want a photographer who would be ordering us around and asking lots of questions of us on the big day, and that's one of the reasons we were initially drawn to Jack when interviewing potential photographers. As my husband and I were reviewing the photos (which came just 2 weeks after the wedding), we both noted how surprised we were at all the details that Jack was able to capture while we were busy enjoying the festivities. Neither of us had even noticed him or his assistant, Ashley, as they were busy shooting every angle of our wedding party getting ready, the ceremony, first dance, reception... they were so unobtrusive and professional. Even our guests noted how incredible the pictures turned out and what a good choice we had made in our photographer. I highly recommend Jack to any Charlottesville brides-to-be!

Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so, so happy that we chose Jack to be the photographer for our big day. Jack will go above and beyond for you and is extremely willing to help you get the most value out of your budget. Jack is so friendly, accommodating, and professional - he really knows what he's doing. Luckily for us, Jack was also really familiar with our venue (King Family Vineyards) and that definitely helped to make things run very smoothly. At the reception, we hardly saw Jack - he unobtrusively managed to captured SO many special moments without continually asking people to pose for pictures. We could not have been happier with his service! Our pictures are stunning and he really captured our relationship with such ease - especially for two people who don't love having their photo taken! Everyone in our families and wedding party could not stop talking about how nice Jack was and how he made the potentially stressful pre-wedding time so easy and worry-free. We wholeheartedly recommend Jack to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!!
Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot give enough praise to Jack Looney for the amazing service he provided before and on the day of our wedding. From the day we signed the contract to the the day we received our pictures in the mail, we have had such a wonderful and easy time working with him. He has been responsive to every email/inquiry my mom, husband, and I sent, he was early the day of the wedding, put up with all of our photo taking requests and beautifully captured every detail about our venue, decor, food, guests, and wedding. We were blown away to get our pictures withing 2-3 weeks of our wedding and were able to relive the entire day through the absolutely stunning pictures Jack took. On top of everything, our guests LOVED the photobooth that Jack provided. I would recommend him in a heartbeat and think he is absolutely one of the best photographers in Charlottesville!
Wedding: 10/25/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Jack was a very professional and unobtrusive photographer who captured our wedding day efficiently and beautifully. Numerous guests commented on his speed and kindness which meant a lot on such an important day. He sent us final images within 3 weeks and was a pleasure to work with.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Finding a great photographer was a top priority for our wedding. We were so lucky to find Jack Looney! Not only is Jack an amazing photographer he is also a great person! We had so much fun with Jack taking engagement photos and he put us at ease all day at the wedding. Family and friends commented on how much they liked Jack and how efficient he was at getting all of the group photos done. Jack managed to turn a rainy fall day into a gorgeous backdrop for all of our photos. The photos are incredible and arrived less than 3 weeks after the wedding! Working with Jack was the easiest part of our wedding and we would highly recommend him to anyone!
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wedding planning is an exercise in insanity. We agonize over the details: the dress, the venue, the catering. Once it’s all over, all we have left are the memories and hopefully the most amazing pictures of the best day of our lives; pictures that tell the story in vivid detail. Jason and I could not have wished for a more fantastic photographer for our wedding. Jack was personable, professional and easy to work with, guiding us though the process, making sure he knew who we are as a couple so that he captured our day the way we wanted. During the event, Jack was nearly invisible – he eased in and out of the crowd with the precision of a Ninja! Jack not only delivered in terms of being a great photographer, but he suggested the most amazing shots. One of our favorites was the group shot: we had around 90 guests and he successfully corralled them immediately after the ceremony and made the most gorgeous group shot of us, our wedding party and all of our guests. The pictures – all of them – are stunning. Within a couple of weeks after the wedding Jack delivered several hundred prints, digital copies of all our photos (both high and medium resolution) and the digital rights to all of it. It doesn’t get any better than this. We wouldn’t think of hiring anyone else for any future photo ops.
Wedding: 10/06/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Jack was highly recommended by several other Charlottesville brides, and we were so thankful that he was our photographer for our big day! When we got back the photos, not only were we thrilled with the posed shots but were so surprised by how many candid moments he beautifully captured.

Leading up to the wedding, other vendors always confirmed our decision to go with Jack saying he was incredibly talented, a true professional, a joy to work with, and simply the nicest guy! And they were right! Jack deeply cares about his clients. His photo packages are so inclusive – no nickel-and-diming for prints and albums – instead we received every photo in high resolution. He even included a complimentary photo booth which the guests loved – and the pictures are such a hoot!

On the day of the wedding with all the anticipation, Jack immediately put us at ease. He made sure to document all of the special details of our wedding so that we can relive the day through pictures for years to come. Well regarded and highly recommended. Thanks so much, Jack!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I happened upon Jack's photography when I was searching for wedding venues in Charlottesville. I was immediately blown away by his range and his ability to capture every moment in a photo-journalistic style. I'm so glad that I hired him! Jack's pricing was reasonable, he's extremely easy to work with, I hardly noticed that he was there the day of, and I'm so happy with all of my pictures. Jack was extremely flexible when the day before the wedding we decided we needed him for an extra hour. And he had all of our pictures to us within 3 weeks of the wedding. I'd recommend Jack to anyone!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Jack was fantastic! He was very personable and easy to talk to at our initial consultation. He gave us some great ideas for shots and assured us that we wouldn't even know he was there. The day of our wedding, he blended right in, snapping shots without us even knowing he was there. We felt so lucky to work with him and even luckier because another local professional photographer was our second shooter! He did an amazing job capturing the most intimate, fun, and unforgettable moments of our wedding. Having the photo booth was alot of fun for our guests and added the perfect touch to the venue. I loved that within the following week he had posted photos from our wedding to his blog. We didn't have to wait months to see our photos, we got a sneak peak of the best 50 within the week of our wedding! Working with Jack was wonderful and his pictures speak for themselves. I would highly recommend Jack and hope to use him again for family shots in the future!
Wedding: 08/02/2013

Stephen 2 Reviews
When we created our budget we knew that we didn’t want to cut corners when it came to the photographer. The food and drinks are gone and forgotten, but the pictures we have and will cherish forever. So we knew we wanted the best photographer, and that is why we hired Jack Looney. I cannot put into words the beauty of his art, and I will not try. Just look at his work (http://jacklooney.com/blog/). Now go and look at any other photographer’s work. There is no comparison. What I would like to say, and is less easy to see from his blog, is that Jack is also a very lovely man. You meet Jack and immediately you feel comfortable, you feel like you’ve known him for a long time, and you enjoy being around him. His company adds to the day’s magic, and feeling comfortable also makes the pictures come out better. Lastly, Jack is the definition of professionalism. You will receive your pictures in beautiful print and digital form when they are promised. Hiring Jack was the best decision we made.
Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When planning my wedding, I knew right away that photography would be a priority in my plans and budget. After all, I know a lot of the memories from that day will fade with time, but not the ones captured in gorgeous photographs! With that in mind, I chose Jack to be our wedding photographer. I was very impressed with the quality of his work, and he has competitive pricing for the area. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Jack made my camera-shy husband feel very comfortable, and he got lots of amazing shots on our wedding day without being intrusive at all. Jack was totally willing to take any shots we wanted, but filled most of the day with candids and gently-directed shots of the wedding party. We were also really happy with the engagement pictures Jack did prior to our wedding! After both our engagement session and our wedding, we got our photos surprisingly quickly. We loved having access to all of the shots digitally as well as his favorites in print! They were absolutely beautiful and we've been complimented on them since day one. Choosing Jack was by far the best money we spent for our wedding!
Wedding: 06/15/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Jack is 100% worth the investment. Not only is he an absolute pleasure to work with, he goes above and beyond with the services you receive. His turn around time is so fast to give you your pictures, and they all have turned out AMAZING! My house and the houses of my family will likely be covered in pictures because you can't even choose just 10 favorites! He does give you everything he promises with the digital images and prints. He is outstanding and the quality is unmatched. I would recommend him to any couple in a heartbeat.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jack Looney is truly the best of the best. He was recommended to us by Cody, our wedding planner (Amore Events by Cody), who was amazed that he was even available to photograph our spring wedding, as his schedule tends to fill quickly. We are so happy that we followed her advice. We met with Jack a few months before our wedding to take some engagement photos, which were so amazing - we spent the afternoon with Jack in some of our favorite C'ville locations. Jack helped us to feel really comfortable and at ease while he was taking photos, which was so important - neither my husband nor I are exactly fond of having our photos taken, but somehow Jack managed to make it a really fun experience - and you can tell just how comfortable we were with him by looking at how well the photos turned out! And there really are no words to describe the photos of our actual wedding day - Jack captured so many incredible moments, not just of ourselves and our wedding party, but of so many of our family and friends, as well. Looking back on our wedding day, we keep saying "it went by so fast!" - and we cannot stop flipping through these gorgeous photos to try to relive those beautiful moments. Thanks, Jack! :)
Wedding: 05/31/2013

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Like another poster, our wedding photographer was the most important vendor to us. We really lucked out with Jack Looney. I would have written a glowing review even before we got our pictures back, he was so easy to work with and professional. From our first meeting, he showed how clearly dedicated to quality photography and documenting our wedding the way we wanted was. We met with him several days before the wedding and he offered us great photography ideas that we hadn't thought of, and was even willing to accommodate taking pictures with our dog (sadly it didn't work out to bring her! We couldn't figure out a way to get her to UVa and have everyone stay clear!). At the wedding itself, Jack and his assistant were really unobtrusive and we have so many pictures that we weren't even aware that he took. All the pictures are amazing and we can't wait to start framing them. The turn around time was quick from wedding to proofs and we had them in time to share with our families at Thanksgiving. We highly recommend him!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I don't have to gush about the quality of Jack's photographs, because the nice thing about picking a photographer is you can see their work! Check out his blog, his work is stunning!! But, that being said, Jack took hundreds of beautiful portraits, captured wonderful intimate moments, and hysterical dance shots that truly capture the spirit of the day (and make me look better than I ever had:)) . He is an absolute professional, everything was straightforward and as originally discussed. He is WONDERFUL to work with, so personable and kind, we loved having him at our wedding! And, the turnaround on your photos is shockingly quick (we had them all when we got back from our honeymoon!). Also, he can set up a photo booth for you to get funny photos of all your guests, so fun! Highly recommend!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
 434-249-6266
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire