Irini's Originals

Sort By:

4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I did not buy my dress at Irini's, but I did try on several wedding gowns one afternoon. The woman that helped me (Niki?) was very nice and helpful with suggestions. She made it clear that she would be doing any alterations, that there were plenty of options as far as belts, bustling, etc, and that she had plenty of experience and knew what she was doing. The only negative things I can say is that while I was there for my appointment she had to keep stopping and helping other people coming in to the shop to pick up their orders. I was probably there half an hour longer than I needed to be because of that. And because of how the store is set up, every single person that came in would walk by where I was standing in the gown, say why they were there, Niki would go help them, and they might make a comment on how I looked in the dress. All of them were polite, but the fact that random people could walk up and comment on what I was wearing wasn't ideal.
Wedding: 03/14/2015

Private User 2 Reviews
I went to 5 different dress shops and Irini's by far was the best in customer service, flexibility with my schedule, and value. The business is family owned and operated and it shows with 1 on 1 appointments. Felt like my dress & how I looked on my big day mattered rather than just being another sale (like how I felt at those chain stores.) Nikki is also the seamstress and made me feel confident that what she promised could be done.
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with the staff/family of Irini's was a truly wonderful experience. Ten years ago, I bought my senior prom dress here. This year, I bought my wedding dress at Irini's. The fact that it is all family run is really important to me, and this family is wonderful.
When I arrived, Niki greeted me and immediately found a dress that was not only in my price range that we discussed, but also looked stunning on my figure. It also matched my mother's veil perfectly. Niki let us scan the racks (which, I read below and some people seem to think is terrible, but I really enjoyed! All people that came with me had a really fun time!). After trying on about 9 other dresses that I loved, two which were so different and looked so beautiful, Niki pulled a dress that turned out to be very different from what I thought wanted, and yet was "the one." Niki really spent the time to get to know me and my style throughout the process, a process that was just so easy and enjoyable!
I was truly impressed by the professionalism that Niki had, as well as the passion and love for materials and fabrics. It is truly an art what she does, and I am so happy that she spent the time to talk to me about what she could do to make the dress perfect. Niki was so friendly and helpful, that I wish all future brides get the opportunity to work with her. She spent a great amount of time on me, and then allowed us to scan the bridesmaids dresses.
Thanks so much!
Wedding: 07/19/2014
0.2/5.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Poor service and customer service is AWFUL!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Niki and her mom are amazing! So friendly and accommodating. They felt like family!!!! Great prices and gorgeous gowns and bridesmaid dresses. Love love love. So glad I chose to come here.
Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Niki was so helpful! I was looking for a specific bridesmaid dress that my bridesmaids had tried on elsewhere. The other place charged significantly more for the dress and I was hesitant to ask my bridesmaids to pay that much. After shopping around, I found Irini's and got a great price. Niki also helped me find a coverlet that I wanted for my dress. The shop I got my dress from wanted to charge a lot more and again I contacted Niki to see if she could offer a better price. I have recommended this shop to many people. Thanks for all of you help, Niki!
Wedding: 06/07/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so glad I went to Irinis. I found "the dress" at a different bridal boutique in Pennsylvania but wanted to wait to purchase my dress to ensure that I didn't rush into such a big decision. Niki at Irinis was fantastic. She beat the price the other boutique was selling my dress for and since she could not discount my dress during their bridal sale gave me a free veil (which was stunning) and headpiece of my choice for free! Added bonus there was no tax which also saved quite a bit of money.

I had my alterations done at Irinis as well. Sometimes they would be running behind schedule and I'd have to wait 30 minutes before putting my dress on but my dress and the bustle were gorgeous and fit me beautifully and I thought they were reasonable. Also, Niki and her mother were amazing in helping me deal with a major issue. On the night of my last dress fitting I started to turn red and get hives up my neck. As luck would have it I was allergic to the metal or chemicals over the beading of my dress and didn't find out until less than a month before the wedding after they took in the top of the dress. Niki was calm and her mother (the seamstress) was reassuring that they would find a way to fix it and prevent me from breaking out on my wedding day. They lined the inside of my dress and the beading with satin ribbon to build a layer of protection. It worked and I felt like a princess on my big day. I would recommend this venue to anyone.
Wedding: 05/25/2014
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I did not purchase my wedding gown from Niki but we did purchase our bridesmaid gowns from her because her prices were the best.... however.... we all felt like we were bothering her every time we went into the store. She is the only person working the store (with the exception of her parents sometimes) so it's hard for her to pay attention to everyone, but unfortunately that's not the customer's concern. We always felt rushed and like she had more important clients to tend to... In fact, she told two of my girls that she didn't need their business for alterations because they were "too busy" and that they should just find somewhere else. Her prices were good and Niki wasn't "mean", she was just a 1 man army that didn't really have time to give enough attention to each customer. I've heard that Irini's used to be the total package for wedding dresses (customer serivce, products, and alterations); maybe if Niki hired an assistant customers like us wouldn't feel dismissed.
Wedding: 10/12/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Anonymous 7 Reviews
I made an appointment for bridesmaid dress shopping over a month ago. My girls (2) and I showed up for said appointment 5 minutes early. Nikki came down with the pleasant voice I remembered from the telephone and asked if this was my whole party - yes. She asked if I knew what I was looking for - yes, I said as I pulled 9 printouts (specific with designers and item #s) from a folder. Things are going to great, right? Wrong.

Nikki pointed to a tiny room that we could use to try on dresses bc we had an appointment, and we continued through the store. What we did NOT expect was to be led into a small warm red room jammed with bridesmaids dresses and clusters of maids in various stages of undress, clambering for dresses. OK, I can deal with that.

I told Nikki the TWO designers I was interested in and she took us to a back wall for one designer, then pointed to the other side of the room for the other designer, and left before I could blink. My girls and I poured through the racks for a few minutes, finding none of my choices, so I hoped to salvage the appt by checking for the other designer. Then it hit me - I have an APPOINTMENT and I'm going to be paying THEM. Why am I doing the pulling?? Pssh

I took my girls and headed for the door, and Irini asked if I'd found my dress (Nikki was on the phone giving hours to some poor sucker). I tossed a "no" over my shoulder without breaking stride. We were in and out in 5 minutes, and my poor mom got to experience the Irini treatment on her own. She went in, told Irini she was there for me, and was told that Nikki would know where I was...and then Irini sat down to stamp business cards without another word. Say what?
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love love LOVE this place! Irini and Nikki are so sweet and responsive! Nikki is VERY truthful in everything she does. If she doesn't think something looks good/right, she'll let you know, and I loved that! She helped my mother find the right dress and color for the day, too, which was a huge help because my mom was clueless! Very nice, family owned and run business. I drove over an hour to go to this place!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Niki, her Mom, and the entire family was absolutely fabulous to work with! My dress, veil, hair piece and all bridesmaids dresses came out perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything! THANK YOU for helping to make our special day that much more wonderful!!
Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Irini's was great to work with. Nicky is so personable and they do amazing work! I scheduled an appointment the day before I wanted to come in, and she was able to squeeze me in. My mom, sister and I pulled a few dresses for me to try on and Nicky grabbed one she wanted me to try. Nicky's pick was the first dress I tried on and I absolutely loved it! Needless to say the other dresses didn't compare and I ended up choosing the first dress, the one Nicky picked! Irini's is a VERY busy store, but in order to have the attention and care you deserve they only have Nicky and her mom working there, but I loved the 1 on 1 attention. After only 2 appointments Nicky made me feel as though we'd been friends forever, and at my last appointment when I picked up my dress her mother and her gave me the biggest hugs and it felt as though they were family. I would 100% recommend Irini's to anyone looking for bridal gowns or bridesmaids dresses, they were amazing! And definitely have alterations done there, they were spot on!
Wedding: 08/23/2013
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 6 Reviews
Irini’s was a mixed experience. My first appointment went very smoothly—the sample dress I tried on at their store was actually in better repair than at the first I went to, leading me to change my mind about it and choose it. Since I’d made an appointment I got the main room all to myself and the dress I had wanted to try on was already pulled. However be prepared, wedding divas: the business is in a house and it is packed with dresses—if you don’t already know exactly what you want, you will probably be asked to pull your own. Nikki, the daughter in this mother-daughter business, was extremely sweet, however a bit unprofessional. She often disappeared for long lengths of time during appointments (usually to help other customers in the back room, they didn’t appear to have any other staff even on busy days) and was always running late. For one fitting, I was coming on the train from Philly on a weeknight and got a frantic call from Nikki 10 minutes before my stop asking if I could push my appointment back an hour later because she was so busy. I was actually made to feel guilty when I explained that I had to catch a train back to the city at a certain time and also didn’t want to hang around her shop for an hour with nothing to do. She agreed to see us a half hour later instead, but when my mom and I showed up a half hour later, we still ended up waiting the full hour (and then some), my appointment ended up being rushed and I almost missed the last train home.
However, the tailoring was good and Nikki and her mom are friendly and remembered me every time I came in. The prices seemed better than most shops in the area as well.
1.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
When I found out Irini's could price match, I was ecstatic! I love me a bargain and I wanted to find my bridesmaids one as well. Ordering the dresses was a nightmare! There is no organization, you have to write a huge paragraph on their PAPER order forms, hand her a check/cash, and you have no way of telling if she marked you down for paid half /full (insert phase one of anxiety attack!) There was a deadline so that the dresses would be here for when the out of town bridesmaids came in for my shower; deadline was met, but no confirmation that the dresses were ordered. I emailed and called and emailed and called and heard nothing. Then finally 15 days after the deadline I get a rude email from Niki stating that I need to check my email bc she told me I was missing an order form. (Insert phase two of anxiety attack!) I then re-forwarded her the email I had sent before the deadline and she quickly retracted her rudeness, stating she over looked it. I finally got a confirmation email that all dresses have been ordered. A couple months go by, I call to check on the status of the dress since they are supposed to be in that month and much you my surprise, Niki is out of the country for a month. Her mother was rude and told me to call back in two weeks. Well two weeks would put me over the deadline (insert phase three of anxiety). Long story short, when she came back to town she emailed me stating "I know you know the dresses are in, so you need to come pick them up with CASH, and you MUST call before you pick them up." Is this really how to treat a customer? I have a quite a few bridesmaids, which in turn brought her a lot of business. I would recommend saving the hassle and spending the extra $60 to go elsewhere. Dissatisfied to say the least.
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
I came to Irini's knowing exactly what dress I wanted for my bridesmaids and could not find it anywhere else. I made my appointment and told Nikki which dress I wanted to try on. She led me to the backroom to look for dresses while she pulled the particular dress for me. I had to find her when I was done but she quickly jumped up to come help. I ordered the dress almost immediately through her because of the price. It was over $80 less than other retailers. When we went back to pick up the dresses she mostly left us to ourselves since I told her we wouldn't be getting alterations done there. I don't think it would have been the experience I was going for if I was there looking for my bridal gown, but since I knew what I wanted I didn't mind having the space without a pushy sales person.

It was a slight hassle that you had to pay in cash or check, but for the price it worked out fine. I found them to easy to work with on the order and pickup side.
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We made an appointment like month ahead and when we got in, it seamed that we didnt need one, because none payed attention to us. So we just browsed through the dresses and pick our choices. Then someone finally came to us and measured me. Thats still not that bad.

We ordered and payed for one piece of our final choice to see how its going to look like then we get it and month and half later founded out that Irini's wouldnt order only one piece and that she is waiting for the rest of brides mades to order theirs. That was dissapointing since we were expecting the dress any day and werent informed about this policy.

Her prices are very reasonable however when they took my measurements and told me Im sicze 0 (usually im size 2-4) I trusted them because I expected them knowing more since they have been in business for many years. Unfortunately I was wrong, they measurements were way off and my dress is 4 inches smaller then what the measurements are! It wouldnt be such a big deal if this didnt happen to 4 out of 6 brides mades - 2 girls knew better and ordered bigger sizen-but I had no idea that these dresses were made in china so they just run much smaller-my chest is still 33inches and dress i received is 29, maybe 30 if I stretch it. Reaction to this was of course- no problem, bring them in, we will fix it but we would have to pay for that which i dont think its fair at all. So the dress out cost me 1/3 more in the end which isnt reasonable at all and I have feeling they know what they ar doing by all this.

One more dissapointing thing was to get hold of her. She seams to be overscheduled and not having time to get back to you and pay attention to you.