Irene's Cakes by Design

Your Wedding Cake - A Marriage of Sugar and Dreams

13 Pleasant Street
9 Pleasant Street
Ludlow, VT 05149 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience with Irene starting at our tasting. All of the cakes were delicious it was nearly impossible to choose just one! Luckily, you don't have to, Irene will change flavors and fillings and mix/match your favorites. She communicated with us throughout the process and the actual cake was not only beautiful and exactly what we had pictured, but delicious! The guests raved about the cake, and we cannot wait until our anniversary to eat the top tier. She also did a gluten free version of our cake, and our GF guests almost didn't believe it was gluten free. Would recommend her in a heartbeat - Irene did an amazing job!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene was extremely professional and easy to deal with. The cake was gorgeous and everyone raved about the flavor integration (chocolate, hazelnut, baileys, buttercream - yum!)

• Wedding: 10/06/2014
Victoria
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene did an amazing job on our cake! It looked beautiful and tasted delicious. I had numerous guests comment on how great the cake was the next day. Irene was great to work with and listened to all of our ideas for the cake design.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough about how easy it was to work with Irene. She made the whole process really fun and enjoyable. All of our guests commented the whole night about how beautiful the cake looked. Not only was it beautiful but it was delicious. We never knew there were so many flavors of cakes! We highly recommend Irene for any event!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene created the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. Every step of the process was completely stress free. She was a delight to work with!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene was amazing! She was so responsive to any of our needs and produced a cake that was exactly what we wanted. Not only did it look beautiful, but it tasted delicious. My guests were so impressed. Irene was so patient with all of our changes and allowed us to sample so many different combinations before we devude. I would highly recommend her business. Mt husband and I were just talking about getting a brand new cake made and shipped to our house for our anniversary.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene designed and delivered my wedding cake. It was beautiful. I almost didn't want to cut into it. But of course we did. We had two types of cake, one was primarily chocolate and the other praline and vanilla. Both were delicious. We had a little left over, so when I returned from my honeymoon I brought some in to work. Despite it being a week old everyone raved about it. Some people who I had never met before found me afterwards and thanked me for sharing the cake. Saying it was the best cake they had ever had. My husband and I have to agree.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene was completely flexible with cake design, and presented us with many different options for the cake and filling. The cake was absolutely delicious and looked great too. All of our guests told us how much they loved the cake.

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

thank you R & V, it was a pleasure to help make your wedding day a wonderful celebration.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene is a genius! I married Lyle Pinder (the man of my dreams) on October 19th 2013 and our wedding cake couldn't have complimented our love more. We asked Irene (the week of the wedding mind you!) to make a very personal cake with our most special moments and inside jokes written all over it and she nailed it! The cake was absolutely beautiful and we were showered with praise because of it. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was extremely moist and the most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted! Each tier had a different flavor (marble, red velvet, lemon with respberry filling and apple crisp with cream cheese filling) and ALL of my guests were very pleased! I wish I could get married again just to have Irene make us another cake! Thank you!

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Hi Diana and Lyle, Your cake was so much fun to make. All of your quotes were very original and it was fun trying to figure them out! Best wishes to you both.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Irene made an amazing birch bark cake for our wedding! It was a beautiful design and multiple flavor layers. The sugar decorations of bittersweet and fall leaves went so well with the theme of our wedding. Irene was really easy to work with, even from across the country (as we were planning everything from CO). Irene allowed us to modify the design and flavor combinations. She also worked with us so that we could pick up the cake very early the morning of to transport it a few hours away. The cake was breathtaking and we have more pictures of the cake from our friends that we do of us :)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Part of the reason our wedding was perfect was because of our wedding cake - the most beautiful, delicious cake ever. Irene was absolutely fabulous to consult with. She knew what I wanted before I did! I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to partner with her, nor about the perfection of our cake. Highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with Irene! Her passion for cake design was evident every step of the way. The cake she created for us was so beautiful.

Irene was lovely to work with, she even shipped us cakes to sample across the country from Vermont to San Francisco.

Irene, thank you for the beautiful work you did and the delicious cake you made. Our guests are still raving about it.

you're very welcome!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious -- several guests commented on it throughout the night. Working with Irene was also a pleasure, the tasting and design process was easy yet she was open to any ideas we had. Overall, it was a great experience and the cake was perfect!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so thrilled to have our wedding cake made by Irene. It cost little more than we hoped to spend, but was so worth it. The cake was moist and delicious, better than what we remember from the tasting. We had a gorgeous design of several birch logs with sugar acorns, bittersweet and fall leaves. It was the perfect addition to our Vermont fall wedding.

Irene was always on top of keeping in touch with us, and allowed us the flexibility to choose from a number of options to try to keep our costs down. The cake was one of the most admired things at our wedding, and we have no regrets from our decision. The guests loved the look and taste of the cake. I can't believe how many pictures people took of the cake! We have no regrets on our decision and I would highly recommend Irene for any special event!!

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, I am thrilled that you and your guests loved your cake!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We planned a destination wedding in Manchester, Vermont and had previously read reviews for Irene's cakes. We decided to meet and show her some ideas we had for our buttercream cake with small flower gardenias. We decided on a chocolate sour cream cake with 3 different layers of filling with vanilla buttercream on the outside. The cake came out exactly as planned and tasted even better. She was even able to use our vintage silver cake stands to tier the top layer of the cake! It came out just beautiful and we loved working with Irene as well. She is very professional and has been doing this for quite some time, so you don't have to worry when using her as a vendor, she can be counted on the get the job done well and efficiently!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered both a traditional wedding cake and a groom's cake. Both were exactly as we discussed with Irene and actually tasted delicious. Irene was professional and thorough throughout the whole process. For the groom's cake, Irene made a cake modeled after my husband's car and it was identical, even down to the license plate. I definitely recommend Irene's Cakes by Design

Thank you Annemarie!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
802-228-4846
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards