Irene's Cakes by Design

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Irene was FABULOUS!!! I am the mom of the bride and I can tell you that we did 3 other cake tastings before we found Irene and wow are we glad we did! She was amazing. She listened to my daughter and son-in-laws ideas about what they wanted and was able to make the perfect cake for them. It was exactly what they had wanted and portrayed the colors and theme perfectly. Every guest at the wedding was raving about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was !! It was certainly a highlight of the wedding. The tasting was so much fun and seeing the results were one of my favorite memories of the wedding! I would recommend her completely and wholeheartedly!!! Amazing job!

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Beth. It was a pleasure to work with you on Ariel and Devin's cake! And the theme was so fun to create!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had! Irene was a dream to work with and offered great advice on how to make our cake amazing! Everyone was saying how it was the best wedding cake that they had ever had. I can't wait for our anniversary to have another piece!!

Thank you for dedication to wonderful, delicious, and beautiful cakes!!!

Dear Justine and David,
Thank you very much and you are very welcome!
I love to make wedding cakes because it is great to give couples deliciously fabulous cakes. Thank you for letting be a part of your wedding celebration.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Irene's cake was absolutely fantastic and she was a delight to work with throughout the entire process. She shipped delicious samples to us all the way from Vermont to Virginia, and she was detail-oriented to make our wedding topper look just like us, even requesting a picture so she'd get hair and eye colors just right. We received multiple compliments on the wedding cake from guests, with one couple stating that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. Many thanks again, and we can't wait to eat the saved portion next year!!

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Your cake and cake topper were so much fun to make. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed them! Best wishes again!

Kristen
11/23/2014

The cake was amazing!! It looked and tasted fantastic. We choose the red velvet cake and white cake. They were both scrumptious!

Mike and Kristen Siska
11/23/14
Mountain Top Inn
Chittenden, VT

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kristin and Mike. It was truly a pleasure to help in your wedding celebration. Best wishes in your new future together.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had a wonderful experience with Irene starting at our tasting. All of the cakes were delicious it was nearly impossible to choose just one! Luckily, you don't have to, Irene will change flavors and fillings and mix/match your favorites. She communicated with us throughout the process and the actual cake was not only beautiful and exactly what we had pictured, but delicious! The guests raved about the cake, and we cannot wait until our anniversary to eat the top tier. She also did a gluten free version of our cake, and our GF guests almost didn't believe it was gluten free. Would recommend her in a heartbeat - Irene did an amazing job!

Victoria
10/06/2014

Irene was extremely professional and easy to deal with. The cake was gorgeous and everyone raved about the flavor integration (chocolate, hazelnut, baileys, buttercream - yum!)

Recently Married

Irene did an amazing job on our cake! It looked beautiful and tasted delicious. I had numerous guests comment on how great the cake was the next day. Irene was great to work with and listened to all of our ideas for the cake design.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We can't say enough about how easy it was to work with Irene. She made the whole process really fun and enjoyable. All of our guests commented the whole night about how beautiful the cake looked. Not only was it beautiful but it was delicious. We never knew there were so many flavors of cakes! We highly recommend Irene for any event!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Irene created the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. Every step of the process was completely stress free. She was a delight to work with!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Irene was amazing! She was so responsive to any of our needs and produced a cake that was exactly what we wanted. Not only did it look beautiful, but it tasted delicious. My guests were so impressed. Irene was so patient with all of our changes and allowed us to sample so many different combinations before we devude. I would highly recommend her business. Mt husband and I were just talking about getting a brand new cake made and shipped to our house for our anniversary.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Irene designed and delivered my wedding cake. It was beautiful. I almost didn't want to cut into it. But of course we did. We had two types of cake, one was primarily chocolate and the other praline and vanilla. Both were delicious. We had a little left over, so when I returned from my honeymoon I brought some in to work. Despite it being a week old everyone raved about it. Some people who I had never met before found me afterwards and thanked me for sharing the cake. Saying it was the best cake they had ever had. My husband and I have to agree.

1+ year ago

Irene was completely flexible with cake design, and presented us with many different options for the cake and filling. The cake was absolutely delicious and looked great too. All of our guests told us how much they loved the cake.

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

thank you R & V, it was a pleasure to help make your wedding day a wonderful celebration.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Irene is a genius! I married Lyle Pinder (the man of my dreams) on October 19th 2013 and our wedding cake couldn't have complimented our love more. We asked Irene (the week of the wedding mind you!) to make a very personal cake with our most special moments and inside jokes written all over it and she nailed it! The cake was absolutely beautiful and we were showered with praise because of it. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was extremely moist and the most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted! Each tier had a different flavor (marble, red velvet, lemon with respberry filling and apple crisp with cream cheese filling) and ALL of my guests were very pleased! I wish I could get married again just to have Irene make us another cake! Thank you!

Irene's Cakes by Design responded with the following comments:

Hi Diana and Lyle, Your cake was so much fun to make. All of your quotes were very original and it was fun trying to figure them out! Best wishes to you both.

1+ year ago

Irene made an amazing birch bark cake for our wedding! It was a beautiful design and multiple flavor layers. The sugar decorations of bittersweet and fall leaves went so well with the theme of our wedding. Irene was really easy to work with, even from across the country (as we were planning everything from CO). Irene allowed us to modify the design and flavor combinations. She also worked with us so that we could pick up the cake very early the morning of to transport it a few hours away. The cake was breathtaking and we have more pictures of the cake from our friends that we do of us :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Part of the reason our wedding was perfect was because of our wedding cake - the most beautiful, delicious cake ever. Irene was absolutely fabulous to consult with. She knew what I wanted before I did! I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to partner with her, nor about the perfection of our cake. Highly recommend her!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Irene! Her passion for cake design was evident every step of the way. The cake she created for us was so beautiful.

Irene was lovely to work with, she even shipped us cakes to sample across the country from Vermont to San Francisco.

Irene, thank you for the beautiful work you did and the delicious cake you made. Our guests are still raving about it.

you're very welcome!