Indigo Photography

Wedding & Portrait Photography

2587 Kubel Avenue
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Weddings are hopefully once in a lifetime so the photographer has a tough job - to capture the important moments that we, during the ceremony, don't even realize exist. Brandi did this. She knows/knew which moments before, during and after the ceremony were the important ones and the result was absolutely awesome. Everyone is raving about my slide show set to the music of our first dance many years ago. The pictures include the most beautiful scenery in the world along with all of us who were there to share in this special time. I would highly recommend Brandi. I found her easy to work with, flexible, very nice, creative and most importantly she gave me what we wanted and more! Love love love her!!

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi shot both our engagement and wedding photos in South Lake Tahoe and did an absolutely amazing job with both. We we really couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. She was able to capture so many wonderful moments that we will be able to cherish forever thanks to her. She was so easy to work with and flexible, even when we wanted to go to multiple locations for the engagement shoot. She knew all the best places to photograph the wedding from and gave us great direction for the bridal party and group photos. She also was able to somehow get great shots of almost all the wedding guests, which from experience with previous family weddings, is not something that all photographers do. Brandi and her team were able to capture so many wonderful moments, we can't thank them enough and if you are looking for a great wedding photographer in South Lake Tahoe look no further!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was such a pleasure to work with Brandi and her photographer for our wedding! We just received our pictures and slideshow and they captured our wedding day beautifully! We were able to see every detail of the day, filled with love and all the emotions that came with our special day. Thank you Brandi and Indigo Photography for all the wonderful memories we will have for life!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very impressed with Brandi’s photography skills before I even had the pleasure of meeting her. She was extremely helpful over the phone with any questions and concerns that I had and her communicate was outstanding. She suggested an hour engagement session for us- after I expressed my nervousness about being in front of a camera! She put us at ease immediately and the pictures she took were fantastic. Her professional, confident, friendly personality is exactly what ANY bride needs on their wedding day! Our guests were thrilled to see the finished photos and we really enjoyed working with Brandi. She has a very relaxed approach to photography and I’m SO glad we chose Indigo Photography.

• Wedding: 07/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being a compulsive planner and deciding to plan our destination wedding without a wedding planner, I knew that I would spend hours searching for the perfect vendors. I looked at the website and blogs of over 10 photographers, inquired on rates and services, and stalked the entries of recent weddings. Brandi was one of my top choices, and she impressed me from day one. She provided referrals when I asked, and I was able to speak to some of her past brides (who continue to use her for newborn and family shots!). I was unable to find anything remotely negative, and knew that she would be the perfect fit. Here are a few of the reasons why Brandi was perfect on paper: Local to South Lake Tahoe, had an all day package which included a second shooter, quick turnaround time after the wedding, album design, and provided the client with all of the photo rights.

Brandi met with us around Christmas (when we were in Tahoe) to start talking details for our June wedding. She seemed very on top of everything. As the day approached, she assured me that all of the photos I wanted would be shot, and she delivered! She must have known that I'm not used to giving up control, but she did a great job taking over all of the control.

On our big day, Brandi was just absolutely perfect. I only had my MOH and my mother with me while getting ready, but nerves were high and Brandi was so calming. She would not let me worry about the time or the timeline... "that's my job" she kept telling me, which was so assuring! We had the most beautiful first look at Khale meadow and she did a wonderful job creating an intimate atmosphere for my husband and I before completely our family portraits before the wedding.

Brandi's photo timeline was 4-6 weeks, and she had all of the photos ready just in time! The photos came out so beautifully!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The pictures came out great! And they came back very quickly.

• Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were simply amazing. The photographer that was sent out to my wedding was friendly and completely professional. If you hire these guys, you immediately get a sense of comfort while your pictures are being taken, and you can tell that they know what they are doing. They are also completely flexible and will work with you and make you feel at ease no matter what, even if you forgot to include some last minute photos that you forgot to mention, they will do that. I would recommend Indigo photography to anyone I know getting married in Tahoe, they are simply the best.

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi goes above and beyond to help. She takes beautiful photos! She is very good at what she does. I would highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi was absolutely great to work with. She showed up to the wedding venue early to take pictures before the ceremony. She kept our whole night on schedule without being pushy or overbearing. She was very friendly. Our pictures were ready within a week (!) and we couldn't be happier with them. We would definitely recommend Brandi & Indigo Photography!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Loved Laura she was amazing on my wedding day! Got my pictures so fast i was very impressed!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi is totally wonderful. She takes very professional pictures but she is so easy to work with. She goes above and beyond what is expected. She made everyone very comfortable in her endeavor to make the best photos and include all involved with wedding. Thank you very much!! Pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me start by saying, I was really nervous about the picture aspect of my wedding since I really don't like to get photographed, but I am so glad Brandi was my photographer because I didn't feel awkward at all. She was great with directing our small group without being pushy, and fun to be with during our session. Our wedding was at Sand Harbor and I liked that she was willing to walk around rather than stay in one area. She was flexible with our on-the-spot ideas, and gave tons of suggestions since my spouse and I looked totally clueless :)

Furthermore, getting the pictures was a breeze. Two days after my wedding, the photos were available online and setup for the account was easy. She even created a slideshow (with music) as a preview which was amazing and unexpected. Not to mention, several emails about how I can print, where, etc. I can be quite a control freak, so I was relieved I never had to the have the moment of thinking where are my pictures.

Overall, I am so appreciative my photos didn't turn into "awkward family photos" and that can only be due to the fact Brandi was our photographer. It was a pleasure to work with her and she made our day a lasting memorable moment.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I saw Brandi Schlagels work from a co worker and I was sold. Her pictures were so personal and effortless . I was looking for a photographer in the south Lake Tahoe area to capture our elopement. Communication was fast and thorough. Services were very well priced. Pictures were very important to me since that was what we would have as a memories for family and friends. Brandi exceeded any expectations I had, my husband is on the shy side and she made us feel so comfortable. It was fun without compromising professionalism. We would highly recommend Indigo Photography to anyone. Thank you Brandi for capturing our personalities and love. I have gotten so many compliments!! Amazing job!

• Wedding: 09/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi provided us with the best photo experience we could have imagined. She's very personable, professional and talented!

She was responsive to our ideas but also had plenty of her own great ideas to share.

Because Tahoe was a destination wedding for us, we relied on Brandi to choose a beautiful site for our engagement photos and for the beach
scenes during our "first look". We were really pleased with the locations-- and also with her sense of timing on the day of the wedding.

We quickly felt comfortable with her, as did all the guests. She beautifully captured all of the details of our wedding and was accommodating
to families and friends who requested group shots. We love the memories she has created for us and give her our thanks and highest recommendation.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi did an outstanding job. Everyone who see's our pictures says, "Wow, those are magnificent!" We feel very blessed to have found Brandi to take our pictures.

Brandi was professional and easy to reach from the moment I contacted her. She had great ideas and helped us plan where we were going to have our ceremony. All of her suggestions were perfect!

We are very happy with our pictures! I would suggest Brandi to anyone who is considering using her services. You will not be disappointed.

• Wedding: 07/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brandi was absolutely amazing and her assistant was great too. Brandi took amazing pictures and we had lots of great backgrounds. She made sure the day was all about us. She has a great calming presence & was terrific to work with. You won't be disappointed if you use her.

• Wedding: 06/28/2013
775-790-5177
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards