Images by Bethany

Images by Bethany

119 West Pender St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 1S5 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, High Resolution Images, Print...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was such a pleasure to work with, you can tell that she loves what she does and her passion shows through in her photos. I have followed her photos for years and was so excited to finally get to have her as a photographer!

Her artistically unique eye for our engagement and wedding photos was amazing and totally captured who we are. We are still in awe of how our pictures turned out, every time we see them we relive our wedding day.

Bethany is incredibly talented and we are so glad have her. She made us feel totally comfortable and guided us through the shoot and every question we had. She is so friendly and accommodating. Can't wait for another opportunity to call her again!

Thank you again Bethany!

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 1.5
  • Flexibility: 1.5

We were disappointed with the experience we had with Images by Bethany. To be fair, there were some very good shots of our wedding from Bethany and the second shooter, Rachel. However, we had significant concerns about many others. Larger issues included:

- portraits appeared over-exposed, were heavily bottom-weighted and blown out with little colour contrast;

- portraits we had expressly asked for weren't taken - including for example - a portrait of me with my parents and no portraits showed my full dress;

- little things like my dress being bunched up and people holding glasses in portraits were missed;

- I had asked for a photo to be taken through a car window - Bethany took the photo, and delivered it - but didn't use a polarizer when she shot it so you can't see us through the window;

- many of the images from the day were shot or cropped in such a way that cut off my husband's head at strange places - as an example, we took pictures with him in a Stetson and half the Stetson is missing from almost all of the shots;

- there were images that should have been better cropped to exclude things like, tri-pods and videographers in the background;

- images were delivered that could have been improved exponentially by a bit of time and effort, for example, swapping out open eyes from one portrait, for closed eyes in another.

When we raised our concerns, we felt Bethany was defensive. She noted that she was very busy and had a lot of other clients to look after. It took us several months to get a few improved photos. We didn't feel like clients after we raised our concerns or that she felt any obligation to us - we felt she hid behind her contract.

In the end, we feel like Bethany saw our wedding as an opportunity to take photos valuable to her portfolio rather than to take photos of our special day that would be valuable to us as a couple. We did not feel we got a product commensurate with what we paid.

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany is an absolutely AMAZING photographer! She has an eye like no one else, she was really easy to work with and very professional. We couldn't have asked for anyone better!!

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
Angela
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was by far the best choice I made! She is the most incredibly gifted person I know. As far as vendors go she was the most attentive to all my needs. She made a huge effort to stay in contact with me throughout my whole planning process, while others I felt might of just been another pay cheque. She made a huge effort to come and see me in person and get to know me and my husband. She took the time and energy to see what we had in mind. She by far made my wedding day very memorable. Not only did she capture every detail I seemed to miss she took the most amazing photos I could image. Me and my husband plus family were over the moon with how the pictures turned out. She made my wedding dream come true and I can't thank her enough for doing such a great job. If thinking of using Bethany there is no other answer in my mind but a giant YES. I can tell you it will make any event so memorable! Thanks Bethany again how many more times can I tell you and it still won't be enough. You have touched my heart with your gift!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Meghan
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Images By Bethany did a gorgeous job on our wedding! We are more than happy with her work, and I would highly recommend her services to anyone! Bethany was such a pleasure to work with; she was patient, understanding and very creative when taking her photos. She captured all the special moments throughout the day.
When our photos came out and she gave us a sneak peek, I couldn't believe it was our wedding; she made everything look so beautiful and breath taking. Bethany is extremely gifted and has an eye for every angle in her photos.
You will not be disappointed if you choose Images by Bethany.

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was referred to us by a friend. It was important for us to find a photographer who we felt very comfortable with. As soon as we met her she made us felt at ease, she listened and adjusted to our needs, and most importantly she seemed to genuinely care about her work and her clients. Not only did she provide photography services, she helped us to get in touch with wedding vendors to help us plan our day! We're extremely happy with our engagement photos and the wedding photos posted on her blog are stunning, we can't wait to see the rest! She was able to capture moments from our day that we will always treasure for years to come!

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We really loved having Bethany as our wedding photographer - she put our entire wedding party at ease and got great candid photos throughout the day! The photo booth was a hit and we really thought she beautifully captured the important aspects of our day. I strongly recommend having an engagement photo shoot because it was so worth it - we got to know Bethany and were so confident in her ability that we could relax on the wedding day!

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany and her photographers were great on our wedding day. They were very easy to work with and our photos turned out beautifully.

• Wedding: 09/19/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was incredible. She was able to capture everything we discussed and made me feel at ease all day. It was a pleasure to have her as a part of our wedding journey and her photo's were creative and totally suited us. She took time to get to know us and what we would like /disliked. We are very grateful for her work!

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What I loved about Images by Bethany was how personable she was. She's very friendly, easy going, easy to talk with and understands what brides want out of their photographs. Her images are so creative and I felt like our personalities and who we are as a couple was captured in our engagement session and in our wedding portraits. I also loved the quality and the variety of our pictures. There was a great mix of couple and family portraits along with amazing candid moments that she was able to capture.

• Wedding: 09/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SO AWESOME! Thanks Bethany!

• Wedding: 08/27/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany Schiedel is an amazing and creative photographer with exceptional service. She has such a refreshing and unique style. I loved my engagement session photos and my entire wedding picture package. Bethany was always so quick to respond to my emails and was helpful in suggesting other vendors in the wedding industry as well. Bethany made us (my now husband and I) both feel incredibly relaxed and comfortable in our photo shoots. I love how much fun we are having in the pictures and how natural they turned out. I would HIGHLY recommend Images by Bethany.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was a pleasure to work with, she took the time to find out what we were looking for and treated us like friends during the whole process. When we got the pictures back they were even better than we could have imagined!

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bethany was wonderful throughout the whole process. She really cares about what your personal needs are and has such a creative eye. I am so happy about my pictures and still love them even a couple years later.

• Wedding: 07/14/2007
778-846-8321
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7