Idlewyld Inn

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding here was perfect. Thank you to all the staff for making it a wonderful day.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Idlewyld Inn is Londons best kept secret. My husband and I are so glad we chose idlewyld as our wedding venue. Our guests still talk about the service, food and rooms at the idlewyld. With the help of Judy the on site coordinator our wedding was seamless from the first steps of planning right through to the morning after the wedding. Not only do I recommend the idlewyld to everyone but my husband and I regularly return. Perfect location if your looking for an intimate yet classy vintage wedding.

• Wedding: 10/08/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Idlewyld Inn exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding day. There was really only one bump on the road in our wedding planning. The original Innkeeper, Scott, left the Idlewyld to move up north. Not all of the information he had collected from us was given on to another co-ordinator (not the innkeeper) after he had left.

Our first in-person meeting with the co-ordinator caused a bit of concern as she was missing some important details regarding our wedding day. The room I had chosen a few months before was no longer available for the night before and the night of the wedding. I was quite disappointed, but let it go. A few days later, I called the new innkeeper, Christine, to let her know of my disappointment. She immediately reviewed the paperwork, and had my husband and I booked back in to our original room. From then on, Christine took care of us, and it was smooth sailing.

From the moment our first guests began arriving three days before the wedding, the helpfulness and warmth of the staff was apparent. A special mention must be made to the evening staff member, Janice, who went above and beyond her regular duties to make our guests comfortable and happy. I should include that my husband and I do not live in London; we live in Japan, and many of our guests were coming from all over the world (Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Australia and the United States) to attend our wedding. Each and every one of these overseas guests had nothing but praise for the staff, the amenities, the rooms and the food at the Idlewyld.

The cocktail reception was originally to be held outdoors on the beautiful terrace. The weather, however, had other plans. The change in plans went without a hitch, and our guests were taken care of in the beautiful front salon of the Inn. The call for dinner was made, and the guests made their way to the wine cellar; a cozy, warm and welcoming environment. There were four food choices for the guests (my bridesmaids and I had a tasting session at a beautiful dinner at the Idlewyld a few months previous to decide on the evening's menu). The food was piping hot, and served quickly and efficiently. Wine, beer and spirits were served both at the table, as well as at a small bar set up just outside the eating area.

My husband, myself and two of our friends provided the traditional Irish music that evening. The speaker system and wiring were fine, and our guests (and the serving staff!) enjoyed an evening of jigs and reels.

As you can see, I have nothing but praise for the Idlewyld. I visit my family in London at least twice a year, and testament to my satisfaction will be the fact that I will be visiting the Idlewyld each time for brunch or dinner with my bridesmaids for small reunions.

I would recommend the Idlewyld to any couple who appreciate and expect attentiveness to detail, a warm environment, and professionalism on their wedding day. September 4th will carry so many memories for my husband I, and central to these memories will be time we spent at the Idlewyld Inn. Thank you so much.

Sarah Mulvey Cullen
Nagoya, Japan

• Wedding: 09/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful time and the service was great. They took care of a lot of things that made it very worry free for me. We are going to try and go back every year for our anniversary. The decor was fabulous and made for great pictures. I highly recommend Idlewyld Inn for any gathering.

• Wedding: 07/17/2010
877-435-3466
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire