Iced Elegance Custom Cakes

Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married
0.5

What a horrible vendor. The cake did not come out the way it should have and the cake looked like a cake from hell.

Private User
Recently Married

Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFULL!!!! It was more than we ever thought it could be. Colors matched perfectly and the details were spot on. Use this vendor. Every other vendor had told us that our design could NOT be done in butter cream and this vendor did it. We had bling with our cake that was beyond our imagination. Thanks so much.

Katie
06/15/2013

Cake was great! Turned out gorgeous and exactly how I wanted. She did a great job. She was able to meet with us several months ahead of time, which was great for our busy schedules.

Karin
11/03/2012

Great bakery. Cakes were just like we ordered. Flavor was awsome and they always returned calls and emails within 24 hours. Couldn't ask for better.

Meghan B.
09/15/2012

Mary at Iced Elegance did such an amazing job on both of our cakes! They turned out absolutely beautiful and tasted great. Only thing was that one flavor was slightly different than what we had discussed, but of course no one else knew that and everything tasted great anyway!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Wonderful cake and beautifully done. Was everything we asked for and more. They are a custom shop so they are not always available but they are worth the wait to get a hold of them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Mary at Iced Elegance was a pleasure to work with. We met with Mary several times designing my cake and the Grooms Cake. She scheduled a tasting for us and brought out a small cake that had the three flavors we had requested along with cheesecake for the Groom. The cake was moist and delicious! I decided about two months before the wedding that I wanted a different design for the cake – Mary was very patient with me and spent extra time re-designing the cake and it was PERFECT when the day came. For the Grooms Cake we decided on individual cheesecakes with assorted toppings which were a HUGE hit and exactly what my now husband wanted. When the day came there was only a few pieces of cake left at the end of the night and the guest are still talking about how yummy the cake was! Sometimes it was difficult to get a response and I would have to call several times before I was able to reach Mary, but she always followed through on her commitments. I would highly recommend Iced Elegance – their quality of work is outstanding and for the price you won’t find anything better! Thank you Mary for the perfect cakes for Shain and I’s perfect day!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This is a fun story, so bare with me: When we went to meet with Iced Elegance 8 months before our wedding I wasn't too impressed with Kim (I HAVE SINCE LEARNED THAT SHE IS NO LONGER EMPLOYED WITH ICED ELEGANCE). She was kind of curt on the phone and in person, but I just chalked it up to mismatched personalities. We asked to try the lemon with raspberry filling, chocolate with chocolate, and my fiance was curious about a flavor called "pink champagne." When we got to the store (which is a bit hard to get to), Kim had a little cake made up for us (a little smaller than a standard top layer) and it was divided into flavors with one little section being covered with their special looks-like-fondant-but-tastes-like-buttercream icing (everything else was covered with buttercream). They had a pretty table set up with china and crystal. Kim got us some water and she served us the lemon/raspberry. I'll be honest, we weren't impressed. It was okay, but not very flavorful and a little on the dry side. The chocolate was not much better. But the pink champagne... oh, the pink champagne!!! My fiance and I took our first bite and just stared at each other -- without a doubt, this was IT! The flavor is nearly impossible to describe, but I'll try... First of all, the cake itself was super moist and dense. There was a slight hint of… perhaps strawberry? and vanilla? Maybe French vanilla? It's hard to tell, but when the flavors come together you get this light, perfectly sweet flavor that my fiance described as, "What the color pink would taste like if pink had a signature flavor." It's just delightful! We discussed our cake design (Kim said a plain 3-tiered cake with a 4th dummy layer and no decoration would be exactly our budget) and then she boxed up the cake for us to take home. We literally fought over who "had" to finish the lemon and chocolate parts and who "got" to eat the pink champagne parts! There was fork fighting! And this was just on the drive home!!! For 8 months we dreamed about that cake...

In September we went to finalize our design. I suppose that's when Kim was getting ready to quit because she disappeared into the back and we only spoke with Mary, whom we both took to right away! Mary is very friendly and sweet and accommodating. I had printed out some pictures of cakes that we liked, thinking there was no way we would be able to afford a cake like that, but I just had to know how much extra it would be. I showed Mary the least fancy cake and she said, "This isn't the cake you REALLY want." I showed her the most elaborate cake that we liked (a round, 4-tiered white cake with fondant autumn leaves cascading down the side) and told her we could only afford what was already paid in Thunderbird Chapel's cake allowance. She said, "Don't worry about it." So, basically, we got our dream cake (and it WAS our dream cake!) for the price of a standard cake with no decoration. I cried.

THEN we discussed the groom's cake. Though we weren't having a Halloween wedding, my fiance had requested a cake with a skull on it. Mary kept grinning and glancing down under her desk as he was talking about his cake ideas. Finally she pulled out a cake mould... in the shape of a skull! It turns out skull cakes are a fun specialty of hers! And the price was good! My fiance was SO thrilled!

The wedding day was a blur, of course, but when we went to cut the cake I nearly started crying all over again. It was GORGEOUS! Everything I never thought we would have! The leaves didn't taste very good (fondant never does), but they were colorful and cascaded down the side of the cake beautifully. And, oh, the pink champagne!!!!!!! The groom's cake was fantastic, but Mary had taken some artistic license and, instead of covering the skull in white icing as my husband asked her to, she left the cake bare and then dusted it with confectioner's sugar which made it look AWESOME! Way better than what he had in mind! A month later we are STILL getting compliments on our cake choices and flavors. People who I had tried to describe the pink champagne to were awe-struck and said it was the most delicious wedding cake they've ever had. The staff at Thunderbird Chapel boxed up a couple of pieces of each cake for us to enjoy on our honeymoon and it was honestly the most amazing cake ever! I cannot recommend Iced Elegance and Mary enough and I cannot wait until our first anniversary so we can get our free Anniversary Cake!

HappilyTogether
06/12/2010

I recommend brides check out this new cake designer. Kim and Mary make the most delicious cakes I found in the OKC metro-area. The cake came on time and chilled. We had several people tell us that it was delicous too!! My only complaint is that the colors of the cake came out neon, which didn't match the wedding colors. But, the stacking was to order.