Hy-Vee

Hy-Vee

3504 Clinton Parkway
Lawrence, KS 66047 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres - Displayed, Ho...
Maximum capacity: 5000

Value:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hy-Vee did a wonderful job of catering our Thanksgiving pot luck for our company. They had exactly what I ordered ready for pickup even before I got there, so I was able to pick it up, pay for it and walk right back out, worry-free!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

So Hy-vee did our food which was great! We had plenty and it was so good. The catering manager there helped so much and was so flexible because of our venue and how the time line fell. He helped get it in order and handled any bumps that arose. The guest loved the quality of the food and we had plenty to go around and still some for family to take with them. I loved the taste, the value, the service, and the professionalism.
The cake on the hand not so good! Hopefully changes have been made. First we meet with a nice lady who detailed everything out she seemed to have great notes on what we wanted. She stayed in contact with me the whole time. Especially since we had live flowers to be added to the cake, we had a hot venue (barn) and a special grooms cake request. Well about two weeks before the wedding I go to the bakery to pay and the young lady collected my payment but couldnt answer any of my questions then a week before this young lady calls says she is doing my cake because the individual I was working with left. I to start all over again! I sent pics and emails and had phone conversations. The day of the cake was delivered it looked fine and tasted okay. However, they did not leave cake boxes and we didnt even eat the cake because we did sheet cakes. So we had to spend at least 30 minutes wrapping each section for my family to ride home with cake sections on their laps and we live 45 minutes from site! Then my cake was supposed to be stacked not tiered!!! gues what it was tiered even after conversations and pictures. When I called and discussed this the email response I received was she is new sorry about this glad it tasted well and we will make sure we pack cake boxes for the next wedding. Really?
So food okay use but dont use the hy-vee bakery in Lawrence on 6th street!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was able to get my wedding cake, bridal bouquet, corsages, boutineers, and floral centerpieces all at the HyVee at 23rd street in Lawrence. I had a small bride/groom cake and several dozen cupcakes with coordinating designs. Everything was beautiful. The cakes and cupcakes were amazing. I could not decide which flavor to get so I got several. We had almond, pumpkin, spice, and chocolate cupcakes. We had several compliments on them. The flowers were really gorgeous. It has only been a week and my bridal bouquet is still gorgeous. I will be sad when it is time to dry it. I would highly recommend HyVee for your event. The only reason I didn't have them do my catering is because the even venue did.

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Cake
Erica
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

HyVee did an amazing job -- affordable but still great food and great quality!! Would recommend using them for everything. If you use each department you get a % off.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Wedding Cake
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angie at the Lawrence Kansas 6th Street Floral Dept. Did an amazing job on my daughters flowers! Absolutely beautiful!! Delivered on time and so helpful. Thank you!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was great, had a lot of variety, plenty of food, and a price well within our budget. Wonderful service.

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used the HyVee in Prairie Village for our cakes. The cake we got was lemon and we got a separate chocolate sheet cake and they were both beautiful and a great price...and tasty!!! The only thing was the top tier got sunken in but I'm sure it was from my heavy cake topper and probably arrived fine. It was there on time, it was really easy to add or change orders or anything like that. Very easy simple and straight forward, which when you're planning a wedding is always nice!!

• Wedding: 03/04/2011
peach
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food from Hy-Vee was so delicious - everyone really enjoyed the food.The assistance from Hy-Vee was even better. She was a wonderful help, and the wedding was better because of it. Thank you Hy-Vee for a flawless catering experience!

• Wedding: 04/21/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Hy-Vee meets our needs best since it is a nice place where quality and price meet at its best. They provided beautiful flowers to our venu and took time to decorate it.
The staff was so friendly and coordinated with us very well. I have to say they are vey
experienced and professional with this kind of stuff and they set up the venue in no time. Thanks for your hard work.

• Wedding: 12/08/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

HyVee at 135th and Antioch provided our flowers. They did an amazing job on my bouquet and I loved the final product on the bridesmaid bouquets, though I'm glad we previewed the flowers the day before because the BM weren't quite what we'd settled on. They were great about making the necessary adjustments and ensuring that we got what I wanted by the wedding day. They are a great value for the money and I'm happy with how it turned out. Definitely take advantage of the time to preview the flowers ahead of time.

• Wedding: 10/10/2009
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The bridal bouquet was done by the floral dept and turned out beautifully; it was everything that I dreamed it would be.

The catering dept however, was a dissappointment. I had no problems and was very happy with them until the day of the wedding when we picked up the fruit kabob display we had ordered. The kabobs themselves were not wrapped up very well at all, nor did they provide us with a flat cart in which to bring them to our vehicle. They loaded the kabobs onto the bottoms of 2 shopping carts and 1 of them ended up tipping over off the cart in the middle of crossing the street. Of course, since they were not wrapped well, the juice began draining out of the side.

• Wedding: 10/04/2009
Services Used: Catering, Flowers
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We used the 6th Street location for our flowers and worked with Angie. She was very helpful and enjoyable to work with. On the wedding day the flowers were delivered on time to the church and to the reception hall and looked great. I really loved all the flowers and Angie seemed to have understood our ideas perfectly. One flower type was substituted, but the look of the bouquet was still the same as what I had wanted.

• Wedding: 08/15/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We used the HyVee in Topeka and they were great. We did appetizers and they went above and beyond when we said we wanted some sushi. They didn't just use what was in the store, but outsourced the job to a sushi chef in town. Everyone thought the food was excellent. I can't tell you from personal experience because I only had a few bites, but we had no negative comments and they were super easy to work with.

• Wedding: 07/25/2009
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

my flowers we exactly what i wanted, they were good but since so many people work in one area you prety much work with somone different everytime, a flower i order did fall apart but they gave me something else that i need in place of it also their orders come in at a certain time so by the day of my wedding one of my flowers in my bouquet was died and i had to cut it out because it was already premade but they put my throw away one together for free for it, so they are reasonable

• Wedding: 06/28/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We didn't want any food items to be very extravagant, so we didn't go to an extravagant place. Hy-Vee had many designs to choose from, and even though it didn't turn out quite like the picture, it looked nice and tasted great.

• Wedding: 03/25/2009
Services Used: Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful flower arrangements for a fraction of the cost of other florists. The assistance was amazing, service was wonderful. I was very impressed with Hy Vee!

• Wedding: 12/31/2008
785-832-0044
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire