Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa
1 Goat Island
Newport, RI 02840  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Offered in-house

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We recently held our wedding at the Hyatt Newport Hotel, and we cannot say enough good things about the venue, the staff, the location, the food and the entire experience. In particular, our event manager Steven James was beyond extraordinary. I think it is very rare in a business like Steven's where he manages countless weddings each year to find someone who makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding he is working on, and he did just that. Steven went above and beyond to help us plan our perfect day, and the entire venue did not disappoint. He made planning fun with helpful suggestions, his availability, and general excitement for his job. Steven's enthusiasm was one of the main reasons we chose the Hyatt. We held a "wedding weekend" at the Hyatt with a large room block for our out of town guests, a bridal luncheon at the Hotel restaurant, and our actual ceremony and reception. The venue alone is surrounded by gorgeous views of the bay with a serene setting at the lighthouse for the ceremony. The Rose Ballroom and adjacent deck were the perfect place for our reception. Our guests continue to rave about the food including our cocktail hour raw bar. The food is not at all mass produced for a big event...it was delicious, and the Hyatt offers ton of options. They had no issue dealing with allergies for some of our guests. We researched several venues for the wedding, and without comprising anything, the Hyatt was a great value for the area. Steven went out of his way accommodate us on our wedding day from arranging food to be sent up to the suites to helping us "not be seen" by our guests before the ceremony every little detail was planned out. The Hyatt has a longer window of time for your actual reception than most! We would recommend the Hyatt and specifically Steven James to anyone looking to have a fantastic, fun, beautiful, stress free wedding in Newport. You cannot go wrong!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We recently held my daughter's wedding reception at the Hyatt. I can't say enough about how satisfied we are. The venue is in a beautiful location and the Rose Island room is breathtaking. The staff is exceptional. Our coordinator Kirby made planning the event effortless. She was prompt, courteous and accomodating through out the planning and on the day of the event every thing was seamless. Our Captain Gretchen and her staff provided exceptional service to us and our guests. I have received nothing but rave reviews from our guests. I would highly recommend the Hyatt as a wedding venue. Thank you everyone.
Wedding: 09/07/2013

Stephanie 1 Reviews
The wedding planner Kirby, her intern Jane, and catering manager Gretchen were absolutely excellent! We cannot praise them enough, they were extremely helpful, professional, responsive and friendly. After our reception, my husband and I did not want to leave...Gretchen let us stay at our sweetheart table for At least an hour afterwards, she brought us the dessert we never got to eat and more champagne.

Kirby really took the time to get to know us and was so enjoyable to work with. My husband and I truly felt like royalty throughout our 3 night stay at the hotel. Kirby really went outside the box for us with our requests and helped us plan and execute the most perfect wedding that we had envisioned.

The location cannot be beat - from the privacy of goat island, to the light house, harbor views, and backdrop of the Newport bridge - I cannot even imagine how gorgeous our pictures will turn out! Our guests were blown away by their stay and still talk about it! It is a beautiful resort, and you never need to leave, you have everything you could need - pool, spa, gym, etc.
We enjoyed our entire weekend so much we wish we could do it again!
Wedding: 08/18/2013

Kelly 1 Reviews
The Venue was such a beautiful place for a wedding. The ceremony area was amazing. The decorating of the reception room with the white chairs, white sheers and lighting made the room look very romantic.
Even the food from cocktail hour to the reception was amazing. Everyone is still talking about how good the clam chowder was.
Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a dream wedding at the Hyatt, it was absolutely fantastic.
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I don't know where else to begin than to say that our wedding at the Hyatt was straight from a fairy tale or blockbuster movie. I worked with Stephanie throughout the year+ of our engagement, and our "captain" on the day of the wedding was Gretchen. Both of them made my husband and I, as well as my parents feel like we were the only people in the world. They listened and accommodated our every concern and request. They responded to emails and calls immediately and were unfailingly patient and flexible. The view from the rose island ballroom cannot be beat, and having guests drive over the private bridge of Goat Island made it feel like a destination wedding even to those living towns over. The parking was complimentary and there was plenty of it. Cocktail hour on the deck was gorgeous with a perfect breeze even in the heat of the July day. There was a flawless sunset and fireworks both over the bridge that got guest outside, yet when we wanted guests back in for special dances, Gretchen was able to do it within a minute. The service and food cannot be beat. We have guests still raving about the lobster app, the clam chowder, and the filet that they could "cut with a fork." Everything came out on time and hot, was cleared off in a timely manner, and was unbelievably delicious. There were many guest allergies that were all met with no hesitation and they also enjoyed their meals, myself included. Stephanie recommended Richard Carbotti for uplighting and ceiling fabric and he made the room magazine-worthy. Many guests stayed and raved about the comfort of their rooms, and my husband and I had a perfect (and complimentary) honeymoon suite. The tables were dressed gorgeously and we did pay a little extra for chivari chairs, and it was worth every penny, there's so much more I can say, but I'll leave this with one last thought - if I could do it all over again there's not one thing pertaining to the Hyatt that I would change. Book now!
Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Newport as everyone knows is beautiful. Our daughter wanted to get married here but we needed to stay within our budget. Steven James met with us, listened to our vision and assured us he could step up to the challenge. Amazing, incredible I could go on and on. He had a staff member Kate Linehan dedicated to our room block which was so helpful when you have guests coming from all over the country. Our goodie bags to the guests were delivered in a timely fashion. Our wedding was amazing. Everyone is still raving about the food, the appetizers and the decor. The wedding had navy blue tablecloths with huge pink high based flowers done by Jay at Golden Gate florist that were more than any words could describe. We had pink napkins with pink crystaled napkin rings I had made. A touch of sail boats and nautical decor. The space, the rose wood ballroom overlooks the ocean and the Newport bridge was so incredibly beautiful. I have only seen a few snipits of photos but Troy and Nora photography from here in Mass did a more than amazing job. Being at the Hyatt allowed our guests to have a mini vacation. There was easy accessibility to go into town or to go and see all the sites around the area. There are a few venues that overlook the water as well but you do not get the amenities that are available at the Hyatt for your guests. If anyone reading this has a private question my email is cheryl.baxter3@gmail.com. I would be happy to help and encourage you to meet with Steven and have your perfect day.
Wedding: 06/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mr Steven James and the entire Hyatt staff treated us like royalty! We had our ceremony, reception and hotel block all provided by the Hyatt. From our initial meeting with Steven to our personalized menu tasting, we were always blown away by his knowledge and attention to details. Steven was always awesome no matter how many emails or phone calls I would make! At our final detailing meeting, I was totally put at ease by Steven and our Room Captain Matt. We went over all the details, no matter how big or small, and I can honestly say they do care about their clients! The food was incredible and our late night offerings were the perfect combination, and our guests where in aww of how beautiful and amazing the entire day was, which I cannot thank them enough for what they did for us. From the amazing views of the light house by day and bridge at night the Hyatt is one of Newport's treasures!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Recently we had our daughter's wedding reception at the Hyatt on Goat Island. We are extremely satisfied. Steven James, the catering manager, was first rate to work with. Matt Colna, our dining room captain, was equally wonderful. Our daughter and new son-in-law also worked with Steven from planning to food tasting to execution. We had numerous questions along the way. Steven helped us with our decisions when we needed help, and he let us go our own way when our minds were set. Steven always got back to us promptly when we had questions. Every detail was taken care of. Even small details that we did not think of. Steven stayed with us well into the evening during the reception and Matt was with us until the end. Matt was also with us during the brunch the next morning. Anything we needed was handled promptly and professionally.

The bride and groom were extremely happy!

It is a great venue with water views in every direction, but the staff at the Hyatt are what really made the difference. We would recommend this venue and the Hyatt staff specifically to anybody planning a wedding.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

christa 4 Reviews
If I could give more than five stars to the Newport Hyatt and their team, I would. From day one, they provided fantastic customer service, sterling vendors recommendations, and outstanding communication regarding any question we had. Our family and guests all commented on how outstanding the venue, staff, and food were throughout the whole weekend.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Amanda 5 Reviews
I worked with Stephanie and she was AMAZING. She was very quick to respond to emails and work so hard to make everything I was looking for happen. She made me feel so important and I loved working with the whole staff at the Hyatt!
Wedding: 10/05/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow is the first word that comes to mind when describing Steve James, Gretchen and the whole Hyatt wedding team! From our first meeting with Steven, it was clear that his attention to detail and wedding expertise would ensure that we had a great wedding day. He was incredibly responsive to all of our calls and emails. Steven was creative in offering up suggestions for vendors and how to lay out the room. There was no question or issue too big or small that Steven wasn't happy to help with!
Gretchen managed the catering for our rehearsal dinner (clambake at the Hyatt) as well as the wedding reception. She had a constant smile on her face and was nearby offering us drinks, making sure we were happy and even got my parents wedding cake at the end of the night. The whole evening just flowed so smoothly.
The food was excellent at the Hyatt from the clambake to the reception. It is definitely not typical hotel food. I would highly recommend the clambake - it was a great relaxed event to kick off the wedding weekend.
We had many guests come up to us at the end of the night to tell us that this was the best wedding they had ever been to - we certainly owe that gratitude to the detail and care that the Hyatt put into the night. If you have the opportunity to get married at the Hyatt Newport, I would highly recommend it! Thank you Steven for everything you did to make our day great!!
Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The spa services provided to myself and most of my bridesmaids came from the Hyatt's spa staff and they were great! Our hair stayed in place even with August humidity in Newport and my makeup didn't stray. I had a trial run of hair and makeup as well which I highly recommend. Definitely go here if you're having a Newport wedding - it might be a little pricey being in the hotel but its so worth it.
Wedding: 08/12/2012

Tank 6 Reviews
When we first started talking about getting married, we decided that a destination wedding was the best choice for us. In reviewing different areas, we found Newport, Rhode Island, a beautiful place with plenty to do. Looking at locations in Newport we found them to be gorgeous and expensive, almost out of our reach. We ended up meeting with Stephanie Davis at the Hyatt, and realized that a Newport wedding was within our reach. We did look at other locations and venues, but nothing came close to the all around package that we could get from The Hyatt. They were willing to work with us on dates & menu. As the months of planning went on, the team was always responsive to our inquiries and flexible to our request.

This past August on a sunny Friday evening, I married my best friend in front of the Hyatt Lighthouse. Thanks to the support of the Hyatt staff, my family and friends were able to celebrate with us in that beautiful location, with great food, drinks and dancing. We are both very thankful to Stephanie & the rest of the Hyatt staff for making our dream wedding a reality
Wedding: 08/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hyatt was absolutely PERFECT!! I couldn't imagine a better wedding experience. Their planner, Stephen James helped us plan every little detail of the day and made sure everything ran smoothly. He was always willing to help and answer questions no matter how many. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and every picture came out breathtaking! The view from the deck and the sunset over the Newport Bridge was amazing! The food was incredible, and everyone loved it! Gretchen helped us with every moment of our reception and waited on us hand and foot. She was cheerful, aware of our every need, and made everyone feel comfortable. We already knew the Hyatt was a beautiful place, but we were blown away by the outstanding service and flow of the event. We will certainly be going back and I would recommend the Hyatt in Newport to anyone!!
Wedding: 07/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at Hyatt Regency Newport is nothing less than amazing! From the moment you meet with the coordinator to the last moments of your reception, they consistently go above and beyond to make sure you are happy and feeling confident that everything will go as planned on the day of. They’re always prompt and on top of everything pertaining to your day, which means the world to a stressed-out bride. One of the things my now-husband, Elex, and I loved most about the Hyatt was their flexibility. When we threw at them things we wanted that they’d never done – a six-course tasting menu and a preceremony hors d’oeuvres hour in addition to the post-ceremony cocktail hour – they put 110 percent into making it happen and making us happy. Stephanie, the Hyatt’s wedding coordinator, is outstanding. At a time when I was probably the most stressed out I’ve ever been, she always put me at ease. She always has a smile on her face, and she is always assuring you everything is going to work out just fine – even when, with only 30 minutes until ceremony start, it starts to drizzle and everything has to be moved inside. When all was over, she stopped by to see me in the lobby, and I couldn’t thank her enough for everything she’s done for us, for making our dream wedding a reality. And Matt, who was our banquet captain, was incredible. We met him only the day before our wedding, but it felt like we’d known him through the entire process. He was so helpful, and while he was by your side in a split second during our entire reception, he wasn’t hovering. We couldn’t have made it through the night without him. The Hyatt Newport as a hotel was stunning and created the perfect wedding weekend for ourselves and our guests. Everyone loved the hotel and the area, and we think a lot of them will be returning to the Hyatt for weekend getaways in the near future. But above all, I can’t give a raving review of Hyatt Newport with giving a raving review of the food! Food is always a concern at a wedding, as usually, it isn’t all that great; it’s been more than two weeks since our wedding, and our guests are still talking about how absolutely amazing our food was – especially the mashed potatoes, which are a can’t miss! Overall, it was a beautiful evening that couldn’t have been so successful with the entire staff at Hyatt Regency Newport!
Wedding: 05/04/2012
 401-851-1234
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire