Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa

Value
Flexibility
Kyle
05/31/2015

My wife and I got married at the Hyatt Regency in May and the weather could not have been any more perfect. There was a chance of rain but thankfully it held off until after the ceremony and the view that the cloud coverage provided with the Newport Bridge and the lighthouse in the background was absolutely stunning! The location of the ceremony itself is in the perfect location if you have the lighthouse in the background with the sailboats driving around in the harbor.

Working with Kirby, Scott and the entire Hyatt staff was very relaxing and they made everything run so smooth. They were very timely with their responses to emails and phone calls and they always had an answer for everything. If you choose to have your wedding here, you will not be disappointed in the slightest bit.

I highly recommend this location as a wedding venue, not only because of the location and the view but because of the awesome people that you get to work with. You can't go wrong with the Hyatt Regency on Goat Island!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding at the Hyatt in Newport, RI in September. I just wanted to say it was an awesome wedding!!! Planning the wedding from start to finish was made so easily with staff at the Hyatt. I want to than Kirby, Anne, Kendall and the entire staff at the Hyatt. The staff was so welcoming and helpful. The food was delicious at the restaurant Windward Restaurant and at the wedding. My guests loved the food!!!
The wedding ceremony was outside by the lighthouse, we loved the location. Beautiful for pictures!!!
We had an awesome sunset for cocktail hour and it was nice for us and our guests to be able to relax on the outdoor deck and look at the ocean.
The reception was in the Rose Island Ballroom. It was just the right size for the amount of people we invited. The staff at the reception was very attentive to everyone!!
I would recommend the Hyatt to anyone who would like to have a wedding in Newport, RI.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were married at the Hyatt on 8/2/14. It was pouring rain most of the day but that didn't stop the Hyatt from making our wedding absolutely perfect! Our wedding coordinator Kirby was the absolute BEST. From our first meeting until our wedding day she was so great to work with. Always promptly responding to calls and emails. The service was outstanding, the staff always made sure the bride, groom and our parents had whatever we needed at all times. The room was gorgeous! Our guests have not stopped raving about the food, it was so delicious. My husband and I did not get to eat much during the reception but the Hyatt put two hot meals in our hotel room for us to eat after the wedding was over. It was perfect.

I would recommend the Hyatt to anyone for their wedding venue. It is an all around 5 star venue with the best staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hyatt and its staff was amazing! We had an awesome time. From start to finish, the staff was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want your wedding to be memorable, fun and enjoyable you need to go to Hyatt in Newport. It is a day we will remember forever. All we heard from guests was how great the food was, how amazing the staff was and how much fun they had. Kirby, Kendall and Ella were a dream team to work with.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our contact person for the Rehearsal Dinner was awesome! She was very nice, professional and responsive. She helped us with all of our needs. We did a clambake on the deck for our rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing and was a great variety. The bartender and wait staff were equally incredible. They made the night truly amazing. It's not often that you hear people rave about the view and food for the rehearsal dinner - but we are still getting compliments about it.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding at the Hyatt was amazing and memorable!! Our guests keep ranting and raving about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to because of the food, friendly staff, atmosphere, and the breathtaking views. Kirby and Carl (our Captain) were such a pleasure to work with. From the moment we saw the venue, my husband and I knew the Hyatt was for us. Kirby was extremely thorough and prompt. She always responded to me within a few days. The weeks coming up to the wedding she was always available and helpful. The day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff did a great job with creating my vision and I wouldn’t have changed anything. The food was phenomenal and the view was spectacular. The only compliant I had was that not everyone, including myself, were able to eat or finish our meals due to the wait staff clearing the tables; however I would not put the blame on the staff as our guests were either too busy dancing or outside!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Hyatt was amazing!!! This is the perfect venue for a wedding, all of our guests enjoyed their stay. The staff did a wonderful job assisting us throughout the wedding process. Kirby, was amazing we are so thankful we were able to work with her! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day.

Private User
1+ year ago

We worked with Kirby to plan our wedding, and Matt was the Captain, and we loved both of them. It was the PERFECT day! We planned the whole thing in about 6 months, and I couldn't have asked for a more fun wedding. Everything was so easy and ran smoothly, and they treated us like royalty. I wish I could do it all again!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Loved this place. The first thing that caught my attention about the Hyatt was the lighthouse on site. I love lighthouses, and after visiting the venue I fell in love with the grounds, from the ocean scenery, the bridge, and the flexibility of the staff to accommodate the needs of the customers. The time leading up to the wedding day (from the day we signed the contract to the day after the wedding) they were there, helping anyway they could, and always there. They offered help and helped ease any concerns or stress. They worked with us to make it the best day possible. We had someone with us throughout the entire planning process and the day of. They even helped bring all the personal items to our room at the end of the night. They got to know us. Our team were, like friends: they seemed excited for my husband and I, which made the experience better. Imagine a team of people helping plan your wedding day, one of the biggest days of your life, and they are just as excited and care about the details and perfection of the day.
My friends and family have not stopped talking about how great the place was, how beautiful it was, how delicious the food was, the staff were on point, and the day was amazing.
I am a vegetarian with a severe gluten allergy and my mother has Celiac disease, as well as my husband's aunt, the Hyatt staff were highly concerned in making sure everyone could eat and had a delicious meal without health issues. They even helped organized a gluten free cake. I was able to cut and eat my wedding cake, which was a big deal to me.
I could go on and on about the Hyatt Regency on Goat Island in Newport.. The quality is well worth it, and might I say for Newport what you get is beyond what other venues offer for the price. If you want a beautiful place on the water with a scenery, great staff, amazing food, and a great wedding, consider the Hyatt and ask for Kendall shes the best!

Private User
1+ year ago

I held my son and new daughter in law's brunch the day after their wedding here. It was beyond my expectations and flawless! The food was plentiful, hot and fresh. The tables were set beautifully and the centerpieces from the night before looked elegant. I would not hesitate to cater any affair large or small with Kirby Conheeny. She is professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The staff that worked the brunch were attentive and very polite. I would give the entire experience 5 stars!!! FYI, They prepared the crispiest tater tots on the planet and my guests left smiling!

Services Used: Catering

We recently held our wedding at the Hyatt Newport Hotel, and we cannot say enough good things about the venue, the staff, the location, the food and the entire experience. In particular, our event manager Steven James was beyond extraordinary. I think it is very rare in a business like Steven's where he manages countless weddings each year to find someone who makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding he is working on, and he did just that. Steven went above and beyond to help us plan our perfect day, and the entire venue did not disappoint. He made planning fun with helpful suggestions, his availability, and general excitement for his job. Steven's enthusiasm was one of the main reasons we chose the Hyatt. We held a "wedding weekend" at the Hyatt with a large room block for our out of town guests, a bridal luncheon at the Hotel restaurant, and our actual ceremony and reception. The venue alone is surrounded by gorgeous views of the bay with a serene setting at the lighthouse for the ceremony. The Rose Ballroom and adjacent deck were the perfect place for our reception. Our guests continue to rave about the food including our cocktail hour raw bar. The food is not at all mass produced for a big event...it was delicious, and the Hyatt offers ton of options. They had no issue dealing with allergies for some of our guests. We researched several venues for the wedding, and without comprising anything, the Hyatt was a great value for the area. Steven went out of his way accommodate us on our wedding day from arranging food to be sent up to the suites to helping us "not be seen" by our guests before the ceremony every little detail was planned out. The Hyatt has a longer window of time for your actual reception than most! We would recommend the Hyatt and specifically Steven James to anyone looking to have a fantastic, fun, beautiful, stress free wedding in Newport. You cannot go wrong!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently held my daughter's wedding reception at the Hyatt. I can't say enough about how satisfied we are. The venue is in a beautiful location and the Rose Island room is breathtaking. The staff is exceptional. Our coordinator Kirby made planning the event effortless. She was prompt, courteous and accomodating through out the planning and on the day of the event every thing was seamless. Our Captain Gretchen and her staff provided exceptional service to us and our guests. I have received nothing but rave reviews from our guests. I would highly recommend the Hyatt as a wedding venue. Thank you everyone.

Stephanie
08/18/2013

The wedding planner Kirby, her intern Jane, and catering manager Gretchen were absolutely excellent! We cannot praise them enough, they were extremely helpful, professional, responsive and friendly. After our reception, my husband and I did not want to leave...Gretchen let us stay at our sweetheart table for At least an hour afterwards, she brought us the dessert we never got to eat and more champagne.

Kirby really took the time to get to know us and was so enjoyable to work with. My husband and I truly felt like royalty throughout our 3 night stay at the hotel. Kirby really went outside the box for us with our requests and helped us plan and execute the most perfect wedding that we had envisioned.

The location cannot be beat - from the privacy of goat island, to the light house, harbor views, and backdrop of the Newport bridge - I cannot even imagine how gorgeous our pictures will turn out! Our guests were blown away by their stay and still talk about it! It is a beautiful resort, and you never need to leave, you have everything you could need - pool, spa, gym, etc.
We enjoyed our entire weekend so much we wish we could do it again!

Kelly
08/17/2013

The Venue was such a beautiful place for a wedding. The ceremony area was amazing. The decorating of the reception room with the white chairs, white sheers and lighting made the room look very romantic.
Even the food from cocktail hour to the reception was amazing. Everyone is still talking about how good the clam chowder was.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a dream wedding at the Hyatt, it was absolutely fantastic.