Hyatt Regency Jersey City

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding here last Saturday and it was absolutely amazing. First of all, the staff are amazing. I worked primarily with Melissa and Jeleinnie during the planning process and both are just so incredibly responsive and helpful and flexible. I cannot say enough good things about them! They are total professionals and are so easy and fun to work with. I also have to say that Melissa was wonderful in dealing with us because we were not very specific in our vision or any of the details, which I can imagine was frustrating for her to deal with, but she made such great suggestions to help us have a beautiful and really perfect night and never made us feel bad about anything. On the contrary, she made us feel like we were the most amazing and fun people on earth!

Daniel, the wedding butler, is also just more than anyone could ever ask for. Right when I got to the hotel he came up to the bridal suite and made sure I had everything I needed, made sure my friends had what they needed and made us feel like VIPs. He kept my husband and I on track so that we could eat and relax and kept a drink in my hand the whole time, was incredibly kind and accommodating to my friends and just such a professional. He even ironed my husband's shirt on our wedding day! We couldn't have had such an amazing, smooth and fun time without him.

The staff at the reception were also amazing. All of our guests made comments about how fun and professional they were. Honestly, everyone from the front desk, housekeeping, restaurant and valet were just incredible. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. Everyone kept commenting to us how excellent and perfect everything was at the Hyatt and how kind and customer friendly the entire staff was throughout the whole hotel. You don't always find that to be true, in fact, it's kind of rare these days so it really stood out and made us all feel so special! Oh yeah, and last but not least, the view is TO DIE FOR.
Wedding: 01/18/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
My husband and I knew this was the place for us! The Hyatt in Jersey City by far has the BEST view of Manhattan! The banquet room is one of the best and it has an awesome terrace too! To top it off, with Hyatt's high quality food choices, our food was AMAZING. Our guests are still talking about it! Despite the rain and some fog, our wedding day was perfection. The entire staff was the BEST around - everyone loved how accommodating everyone was.
Our main contact was Beverly Leibowitz who was EXCELLENT! Super nice and always put us at ease. Originally when we wanted to look at the Hyatt I spoke with a Sandra - who was not very nice to me and assured me there was no one else to work with, but after making a call without her answering, I was introduced to Beverly, who was a gem. This place was too perfect for us to be discouraged bc of one person and Beverly helped us with EVERYTHING and her assistant Chris just as AMAZING, we can't thank them enough! Let's not forget Daniel, our "butler" for the entire wedding day! He was TOP NOTCH! Sooooo nice, super helpful, made us feel like a king and queen! First meeting him we felt like he was more of a friend then someone working for us. He's awesome!
I could go on and on about the people who helped us. Really - they were outstanding!!!
One issue we ran into was reservations for our hotel rooms, that's the reason for it not being 5 out of 5, but the actual rooms were great!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding absolutely exceeded our expectations on every level and was worth every penny! I would recommend this venue to everyone I know.
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We visited many venues and were searching for one that had the best balance between reception space and NYC views ... and then we finally visited the Hyatt and found it! Why be in the city looking at the buildings around you, when you can just cross the river and view the entire Financial District and west side?! The added bonus was that we were directly in sight of Battery Park / Stuyvesant HS where we first met!

We worked with Lori Palencia -- and she is the best you can work with. Daniel, the wedding "butler", will also be your best friend on the big day. Our bridal party and family all commented on how dedicated and "on top of things" he was throughout the ENTIRE day and night!

A few notes about the different spaces: the carpet in the Manhattan ballroom is an odd blue. Not very wedding appropriate, and my bride was concerned about it for months before and after contract. But honestly, with the dance floor and tables, no one will notice. But the chairs have to go. Rent your own!

We originally wanted to have our ceremony outdoors in the Riverview terrace (?). But after several visits, we decided to move it indoors due to the wind and the sound of cruising boats. The Hudson room was a safer choice!

We did not expect much with the catering, thinking that it was just going to be typical hotel food -- overcooked, dry, bland, etc. We addressed these concerns during the food tasting, but knew that this was to be expected with a party of over 200 guests. But WOW were we impressed! People were still raving about the food even weeks after the wedding! The servers were all professional and even did a little dance as they served the plates!

Every guest was impressed with the quality of the hotel, the food, and views of NYC. The location was very convenient despite Holland Tunnel traffic. We are so glad to have found this place and to work with Lori and Daniel, two great people who go beyond treating you as clients, but also treat you as friends. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for professional, attentive service, excellent food and the best Manhattan view that you can get, you can't go wrong with choosing the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. We knew about the stunning features of the Hyatt, as my husband organized a large corporate conference at this venue a few years ago and was still raving about the views. We also often go there for lunch or dinner as the restaurant is excellent. So, it didn't take us long to decide that we wanted to have our wedding reception held at this hotel. It was also very conveniently located for our guests from New York City and those coming from the New Jersey suburbs.
Sandra Draper, our wedding planner did a fantastic job! Although we had a fairly small event, she always took time to listen to my ideas and made all my wishes come true. Our decoration looked like right out of magazine. The organization was very professional and she and her assistant Jeleinnie took the time to walk me throught he process and answered all of my questions. The catering staff at the event was very courtous and attentive. And all of our guests loved the food and the views. On the day of the event, there were signs everywhere guiding the guests to the room. It was also very easy and hassle-free for our musicians and photographer, so everything went smoothly and stress-free vor us. The cake was provided by the "Cake Boss" and was as beautiful as delicious alike.
If you are looking for a very special venue providing an unforgettable event for you and your guests, then the Hyatt is your place to go.
Wedding: 01/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A pricey venue but let me tell you it is so worth it! We had our ceremony and reception here. The view is priceless and the food was so delicious that almost everything was eaten at cocktail hour! Everyone had such a great time that they didn't want to leave- so we all had an "after party" at the hotel's bar on the main floor, which was a lot of fun! Lori, the wedding coordinator, is SO nice and Daniel (your day-of-butler) was amazing! I didn't think I would need a butler the day of my wedding, but now I know I don't know what I would have done without him! The Hyatt gives you a free bridal suite the night of your wedding and free nights at any hyatt (which we used towards our hawaiian honeymoon!) It was great not having to worry about bringing things back to our room at the end of the night because the Hyatt took care of it ALL for us (everything from our aisle runner to the top tier of our wedding cake). It was an extra nice touch coming back to our room with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us. If you want more of a contemporary wedding, with an amazing view of the NYC skyline and impeccable service- then this venue is for you!
Wedding: 08/04/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a gorgeous fun-filled reception at the Hyatt Jersey city for a party of 170. I worked with Kristine as the Director of Catering and she was a complete gem! She'll work with you to discuss your vision and is so incredibly patient as you change your mind 50x before deciding on the menu, floorplan, etc. Kristine's been there for years and has a wealth of experience. She's seen it all and is prepared for anything. If there is some ludicrous idea you are entertaining, she will never say no, she'll just work with you until you come to your own realization that what you are thinking is just plain too expensive/too much trouble/too stressful and then eventually you'll let it go :) She was also open to letting me add a few personal touches to the event, which really impressed me. On the day of the event, you'll also get a wedding butler. I got Daniel who is a pro and keeps the night moving like clockwork and he makes sure you eat and drink.

I arrived the night before and was lucky enough to book the bridal suite that night. The suite is HUGE, sports two very fancy bathrooms, and is equipped with a welcome bridal basket for the bride with toiletries and necessities for the day. There is also a skinny mirror for the bride in the room (smart!). I would highly recommend that any bride splurge to get the room the night leading up to the event so that hair & makeup as well as family all have a place to meet up. Do yourself a favor too and get room service for breakfast the next day.

We had the cocktail hour outside at the beautiful Riverview Terrace where we had 3 stations (chinatown, sushi and slider stations) as well as 8 passed hors -d'oeuvres. I am a complete foodie and thought I would need even more stations and more food, but it turned out to be plenty. All the food was very good - in particular, the lobster mac and cheese (well, not like I had any running around being the bride, but I heard from multiple people that it was impressive, served in its own little ramekin with chunks of lobster), the sushi was fresh and authentic from Komegashi's - the rice was nice and plush, not like refrigerated prepared sushi and I was even able to get spicy tuna for my guests which is my fav. I was even able to bring in my mom's spicy homemade dumpling sauce and ordered custom chocolate dipped his and hers fortune cookies to add as nice touches to the chinatown station. The fortune read, "Confucious says...You will not go home hungry" :)

We had the dinner in the Manhattan Ballroom on the 9th floor. The view of Manhattan was stunning - floor to ceiling and all the way around the perimeter. We lucked out with a perfectly clear day. The Hyatt also worked really well with my vendors. Throughout the planning process, my florist and DJ (who I used to create a beading structure and for lighting) visited the site to look over the specs and talk through logistics of when to get everything moved in and out. I really wanted a lux feel so I splurged for chiavari chairs in gold, gold candle stems, gold beaded plates and table linens in a champagne shantung with Party Rental Ltd. The look went amazing with the huge high cherry blossom center pieces and rich flower bomb low center pieces I chose (with nyc florist Designs by Ahn). My florist actually helped me pick out the color scheme and the tablescape. She has impeccable taste!

About 3 months prior to the event, you will be invited to go for your tasting in the Vu restaurant. It will be one of the highlights of the overall experience! We brought another couple with us and had so much fun! The service throughout the tasting is superb and the food will blow you away. You won't even know what to choose, everything is so tasty and beautiful. Each person is presented a tasting portion, then you get to see each sample entree, appetizer, and salad displayed properly by itself to see what a full serving looks like plated, and finally, you get to take it all home at the end of the night to have the next day. Seriously, there is a sick amount of food and wine too. Sick.

I worked with Kristine to edit the menu selections until it was exactly to my liking. I could request no cilantro, to add a crisp, and even to completely transform one of the seafood appetizers into one of the entrees instead! The kitchen was incredibly open to hearing my ideas but then also exercising expertise and recommending something that would match my preferences. I ended up choosing the refreshing jumbo lump crab ceviche to start(west coast quality!), the spinach salad (dressing is so yum!), and for entrees the brined pork with fennel slaw and posole (huge), the beef tenderloin (absolutely tender and delicious) and created a jumbo buttermilk poached scallop entree with cauliflower puree and brussel sprouts (i think it was the second most popular entree selected by our guests!). The husband and I went back to our room a the end of the night and devoured our scallop dish - still yummy even cold. While the dinner portions were plentiful, they were not as robust as those presented to us during the tasting. I felt like they were about 15-20% smaller than what I remembered. Just something I noticed.

For dessert, there were these scrumptious petit fours which is nothing like the old fashioned petit four you might be thinking. They are more like one bite desserts, some may resemble a chocolate flourless cake, some a macaroon, some a cheesecake, etc. Finally, the Carlos Bakery (otherwise known as Cake Boss) Wedding cake that comes with the Hyatt package is to die for! I paid a little extra for sugar handcrafted flowers that matched my motif and for another layer, but it was gorgeous and exceeded my expectations. I wasn't even all that impressed with the cake at the tasting, but the actual cake during the day was AMAZING and rich and moist. They will save the top tier for you for your anniversary, of course!

After the reception, the ballroom was cleaned in a flash and in about an instant, everything is packed up (a tip for brides - write down EVERYTHING you want saved, down to something as small as your placecard, otherwise it will be tossed!). Your vendors will be going back for cleanup and you should definitely just pay them to not have to clean up yourself! The Vu bar stayed open til around 2am. A bunch of us were up in the bar area until 3am, so we ordered pizza in the area and got it delivered. It was fun and yum.

The next day, we hosted breakfast in the Vu Restaurant for all the out of towners that stayed in the hotel (we got a room block for $199 which for some, was still rather pricey, but still much less than the retail rate for that weekend). The service was outstanding and the price per person reasonable. They event included the omlette station and I still fondly recall the gourmet trumpet mushrooms in my omelette! A great way to extend the event and make it last longer.

And the cherry on top? I qualified for some promo hyatt gold passport points for booking by end of 2011. And, I paid with the Chase Hyatt Visa (3 gold passport points for every dollar paid). And I got planner points for doing a room block. Overall, I got more than 200,000 points which all went towards FREE nights at 5 and 6 star Hyatt hotels in Hawaii for an amazing two week honeymoon with the works. I love Hyatt!
Wedding: 04/20/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best venue ever! You can't get a better view than that plus the food and drinks were delicious. The staff was so wonderful and helpful every step of the way and we couldn't of asked for more.
Wedding: 03/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I chose the Hyatt for the view and location...It was unbelievable..I had the most beautiful wedding day and our friends and family were so impressed with the Hyatt..We had tons of out of town guests who stayed there for a long weekend and loved it....Kristine is the most amazing and helpful person ever and I loved working with her...Included in the wedding package, you get a butler on the day of your wedding and I have to say that one of the best parts of my wedding day was my butler Daniel..Everyone kept trying to steal him from me! Kristine and Daniel helped me to have the most beautiful wedding ever...I highly recommend the Hyatt, both for the actual hotel and the staff...
Wedding: 04/02/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding reception at the Hyatt in Jersey City and couldn't have been happier with our choice. It was held in the Manhattan Ballroom which had spectacular views of the skyline and despite it looking like a boring old conference room by day, by night with the candles and the tables set, it looked great. The staff was amazinginly helpful and made the day a breeze for us. Everything happened without us having to lift a finger. Our assigned wedding coordinator was very professional and detail oriented and easy to work with. We also loved the suite that we got for the night of the wedding - it was huge and gorgeous and very comfortable for me and the bridesmaids to dress in the day of the wedding. Overall, we loved having our wedding at the Hyatt. It was expensive, but they were open to negotiating with me (I did have a November wedding, which could make a difference) and it certainly wasn't the most expensive we saw in the area. Finally, and one of the most important things, is that the food really tasted good. The cocktail hour and the plated dinner were both great; it was definitely some of the best wedding food I've ever had; my husband and I eat out a lot so it was very important to us to have tasty food and the Hyatt definitely met our expectations. I'd recommend it as a venue to anyone!
Wedding: 11/06/2010
3.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
BEAUTIFUL venue. Absolutely perfect for the backdrop of NYC, the Hudson - you cannot go wrong. Their recommended vendors are the best of the best and they are experts. We would go back in a heart beat but there are some things to be aware of.

Getting in touch with your planners is nearly impossible. I cannot count the number of times me, my wife, or our family emailed, called, and desperately tried to get answers for planning with no response for weeks. One of our planners did get sick, however, her backup, while helpful, was very limited in assistance. For planning a big wedding, it is mindblowing to me how this can happen. Thankfully, in the 2 weeks prior the planners stepped up and were there at our beck and call, but good grief - it wasn't worth the stress and frustration of the prior 8 months!

You will NOT regret the Hyatt - the 2 weeks prior they really did step up and we had a perfect wedding weekend with everything in place. But, if you do decide on them - MAKE SURE you know the issues with getting in touch with them and I would address it in the contract for a turnaround time to getting back with you. You will spend a LOT of money and you will get a lot in return, but for peace of mind - they need to significantly up their staff and address that issue.

The day of though ... perfection. Absolute perfection.
Wedding: 09/18/2010
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The reason we chose this venue were a) location, location, location (right on the Hudson, with beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline, and beautiful event spaces), b) they use the caterer we wanted for our reception food, and c) we were able to get a good price b/c our wedding was in the "off-season".

It took quite a lot of time and effort to get the Hyatt wedding coordinators to answer our questions (from negotiating the contract to the final details in the days before the wedding). We had to do a lot of follow-up to ensure that things happened the way the Hyatt agreed they would happen (for example, that our guests got the room rate they were supposed to (which they didn't until we followed up on that). We were supposed to have a final walk-thru of the ceremony/reception area the week before the wedding, but that never happened. As a result, the layout of our reception room was not at all what we expected -- and we didn't know this until we actually walked into our reception...by which point it was obviously too late to do anything about it.

Despite all of the above, there were aspects of the wedding day where the Hyatt folks did a spectacular job: they provide a personal butler, Daniel, for the bride and groom who's great; Monica, the wedding coordinator, was a very calming presence the week of the wedding; and overall, the ceremony and reception went well. Despite the headaches, we would choose the Hyatt again.
Wedding: 02/06/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This place is TOP NOTCH! PERIOD!

Everyone who attended our Wedding loved the Venue, the service and the food. The service was SOO good the guests were tipping the waiters/waitresses. I can't wait to attend another event here. I'm pushing my brother to have his wedding here so I can experience it from the other side.

We worked with Kristine Henry Blake and she was EXCELLENT. Hyatt = TOP NOTCH SERVICE. So worth it!

They know their stuff and they help you out every step of the way. So organized and so knowledge. What more can you ask for? Seriously...one stop shop for quality all the way!

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception all in one shot!

Daniel was our Butler for the event and he totally helped calm me down. I was in panic mode when it started snowing before our New Year's Eve Wedding & we had some vendors come in late. Daniel was a ROCK STAR and helped me get through it.

Honestly, our guests were coming up to us and saying this was the BEST venue that that they have ever been too. Plus it's fairly new (built 2002). You get the NYC Skyline without having to actually be in NYC.

Only CON is that you have to deal w/ Holland Tunnel Traffic and paying for valet parking there is quite costly......but the place is STELLAR.

You will be pleased!

Wedding: 12/31/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everyone on the Hyatt team was dedicated to making this the best day of our lives and they did. From the moment our friends and family walked into the hotel they were not only amazed by the views but your the hospitality of the Hyatt team.

Thank you to my Hyatt friends for making my dream wedding come true!
Wedding: 11/21/2009
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Hyatt is the place to go to completely wow your guests with a breathtaking view and stellar service that cannot be found at many other wedding venues in NJ. Quality over quantity is what we were looking for and that's exactly what we got - from an upscale cocktail hour on the water with food and drinks that wowed our guests, not to mention a great view on a great night, to top notch service, the Hyatt truly delivered. Daniel, the personal bridal butler, was the absolute best! He gave us all of our direction, without ever once being intrusive. After picking out our great-tasting menu, he was sure we got a chance to eat it, even if it meant putting samples in the bridal suite for us. You will, however, pay for all the Hyatt has to offer. To us, it was well worth the spend. We also thought they were short staffed as we were planning the wedding, as some of our questions often took awhile to be answered, as we felt as though they didn't have enough people helping brides and grooms plan on the front end. When it all came down to it, everything turned out perfectly and we had a truly fairytale wedding!
Wedding: 09/18/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everyone at this hotel went so far above & beyond our expectations, we were absolutely amazed. This is a top notch event location and we would encourage any couple who wants to have a "wedding of a lifetime" to get married here...Kristine, Monica, Sandra--we miss you and hope we can plan another event with you very soon!
Wedding: 02/21/2009
 201-469-4548
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire