Houston Oaks Country Club

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Houston oaks is absolutely breathtaking and we were so excited that we found this little gem. We visited the place over a year before our wedding. Alissa have us a tour. The next time we went out there with my parents, Alissa basically have us golf carts and told us to go show my parents around. I thought this was extremely unprofessional, as my parents had several questions that did not get answered. When we got back to the club house she told us we could not book a date at that time. We live an hour away for the venue so our time was wasted driving out there to not get a tour, not get an info regarding pricing and details and not being able to book a date. A few weeks later we were put in touch with another coordinator through a connection my fiancé had at the club. Kameron was initially very helpful. After hearing from a family friend that she was told she COULD book a date, my parents and I made the trip out there again to meet with Kameron. We got a proper tour and were given a lot of details that made us hopeful. When we left we were ready to make our deposit. A few days after our visit I emailed Kameron to see about a contract and submitting the deposit. I didn't hear back from her for a week. I emailed her to follow up (on a Friday) and she responded on Saturday that she would send me the info on Monday. Monday came and went and I never heard from her. My dad emailed her that afternoon. Two weeks later j still had not heard back so we are now having our reception at Hotel Zaza, which has been the best change I've made. They are EXTREMELY helpful compared to HOCC. if I couldn't get ahold of someone at HOCC over a year before my wedding, I did not feel confident that it would be any different on the week of my wedding. As I mention, the club is magical! But I definitely think they need to make some changes in their events department.

• Wedding: [Private]
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was so incredible pleased with the venue and staff at Houston Oaks. It is a gorgeous location and really set the mood for the entire event. The staff was incredibly amazing. They worked so hard and were available to help with any little question we had. They went above and beyond to help my photographer, Willow Tree Photograhers, and my florist/decorator, Tamara Menges Designs. They both bragged on the staff.

I would highly recommend HOCC!

• Wedding: 09/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Houston oaks for our rehearsal dinner and they did an amazing job. Everything was beautiful and the food was amazing!

• Wedding: 10/29/2011
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Houston Oaks is a beautiful, privately owned country club in northwest Harris county. I had my wedding ceremony and reception here, and had the perfect Texas wedding. The setting was exactly what I was looking for, and my wedding day, for the most part, was stress-free.

The only problem I had was some miscommunication on behalf of the wedding coordinators at Houston Oaks, which resulted in the day-of decorating and set up being started 2 hours later than what I had planned. But, it was all taken care of in the end (thanks to my sister and sister-in-law staying on top of things and making certain they were done), and the ceremony and reception went off without a hitch.

I visited 6 venues before I finally booked a place, and knew Houston Oaks was the right one as soon as I saw it. There is no prettier setting in and around the city of Houston to have your wedding.

• Wedding: 01/29/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Houston Oaks Golf and Country Club is probably one of the most beautiful places in Texas to get married. They have beautiful facilities and a wonderful chef for your special day. The cost has doubled since I booked my wedding there because it has gone private but it still, it is simply beautiful! The site comes with a caterer, wedding planner, cake baker, linens, tables, chairs (both ceremony and reception), baskets, lanterns, shepherd hooks, candles...all the things to make your day beautiful and special. The planner lacked some organization but to her defense, she was fairly new and took over weddings that had already been planned with the old wedding coordinator! The cake vendor, Celebrations and Sweet Creations, does wonderful work! The chef is from the Houstonian and knows what he is doing! I wouldnt have wanted my wedding any place else!

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

When I first saw the ceremony site and I fell in love with it, the scenery was beautiful, especially all the oak trees.
My mother in-law dealt with a lot of the staff since I was out of town but they were very easy to get a hold of and
with the renovations they were going through they tried to accommodate the best they could to make sure my day was going to be perfect. But a lot of the renovations did get in the way of our ceremony site and we had to change a lot of what we first had planned but it all worked out.
On my wedding day it did end up raining and the Houston Oaks Staff did their best to help with changing the ceremony to the reception building and in the end everything did turn out really beautiful and I really loved the look of their temporary reception building.
The staff was very kind and did the best they could to make everyone comfortable and dry..
Great place.. I wouldn't have changed anything!
Worth the drive out to..

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Houston Oaks was a wonderful place to have a ceremony and reception.

The location was absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony took place outside near the water under a large oak tree. The pictures on their website don't do them justice, you have to go to the facility to really take it all in.

I think for the price, you really got a lot. The only downside is that it is located in Hockley, TX, which can be a drive. But definitely well worth it.

The staff there was fabulous; very professional and attentive to your needs. I worked directly with Kristi Cavnar.

I would highly recommend having your wedding at Houston Oaks.

• Wedding: 10/18/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
713-888-0000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.1