Houston Flower Girls

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

It was a pleasure to work with Mary Ann and create my own flower centerpieces and bouquets for our recent wedding. By taking the classes and having meetings it was easier than I ever imagined to make all the table arrangements for our wedding as well as the bouquets. The flowers were in excellent condition and looked gorgeous by the time the wedding came.

Services Used: Flowers

I found Houston Flower Girls when looking for a less expensive way to be able to have all the flowers I wanted in my wedding. A florist quoted me $4K for what I wanted- a little out of my price range. Then Mary Ann came to my rescue! She offers classes on most Saturdays- we took the bouquet class and the table arrangement class. Not only were they absolutely a blast, but we learned how to do exactly what I wanted to have for my wedding! She is so amazing at what she does. In the bouquet class, she was able to help each of the brides (2 in the class) learn how to design exactly what we wanted. She is patient, fun, and really goes out of her way to help you get it exactly right! The arrangement class was amazing too. I took several of the vases I wanted to use with us and she taught my mom and I how to make arrangements for those specific vases, as well as how to do something a little different than what I had in mind. I feel like I could open a floral shop and go into business after her help! We ordered more flowers than we used, just to be on the safe side. All in all, with the vases I purchased (about 30 different ones), floral supplies and the flowers from Mary Ann, I spent less than $1000! I had flowers all over the ceremony and reception! This was the best budget saver I did and I am so glad I did it! The flowers were absolutely perfect and people were shocked when they found out I did them myself. I had some of my other vendors ask me who my florist was because they looked so beautiful! All in all, if you are considering doing your own flowers, go see Mary Ann, take a class and know that your flowers will be beautiful!

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Mary Ann was such a wonderful florist to work with! She is a friend of my husband's grandmother and it definitely felt like it when I met her and walked through the freezer with her to choose flowers. She is so talented and knows exactly what she is talking about. She was also so accommodating, even when I emailed her a week and a half before bridals panicked that I needed a sample bouquet! She is friendly and warm and was a joy to work with for the rehearsal and the wedding itself.

Services Used: Flowers

We used them for our wedding and we got a ton of flowers for the price. Def. Recommend the flower kit as well.

Services Used: Flowers

Houston flower girls has a website and is for the do it yourself bride. Maryann is wonderful and offers flower design classes that can be scheduled for you and your bridal party. She will teach you how to make your vision, inform you what flowers are available at the time of year you marry, and then order all the flowers for you to pickup and design in the days before your wedding. The value is superior. I purchased triple the flowers from her and designed them myself for 1500$ versus the quote I received from a florist for 3400$, and I got triple the flowers. Could not recommend this more! The flowers were amazing and of superior quality.

Services Used: Flowers

We were very excited to find this option. After my husband convinced me to try a wedding flower workshop at Houston Flower Girls, I realized that preparing our own flowers wasn't as difficult as I thought. We worked with them with our general ideas and they provided specific flower recommendations and quantities. We got over 200% the quantity of flowers as our second option, HEB, which itself would've been a great value.

We finalized the order a couple of weeks out, and picked up the flowers and paid (cash only) two days before the wedding. They also provide all the materials needed for the corsages and bouquets (wire, wrap, tape) as well as the foam and bases for the larger arrangements. Most importantly, they provided a lot of moral support as we texted pictures of each of our designs while we did them and got great feedback and encouragement.

The only word of caution would be to have adequate fridge space and to change the water frequently in the buckets where you store the flowers! The flowers stayed fresh through the wedding and for several days following.