HOUSE OF BRIDES

HOUSE OF BRIDES

Woonsocket, RI
401.762.1772
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Everyone is absolutely amazing! They make you feel like you are the only bride in the world. Wonderful selection great value. Love Woonsocket house of brides.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

It was very busy when I arrived, but Nancy (one of the consultants) as well as everyone else were very attentive, cheerful, and willing to help. I had been to the store once before to try on dresses, but most of what I was looking for did not fit into my budget. After hearing about the closing sale, I wanted to take another look and I'm very glad I did. I found many dresses that I liked and several that I loved. Nancy was fantastic! She was very busy with other clients, but I barely noticed. She was so attentive, listened to everything I had to say, and gave great advice on choosing my dress. I felt like she really understood what I wanted and didn't bring a single dress that I disliked! I would definitely recommend this store to others! The prices are unbeatable at 50% off of EVERYTHING!

TarantoWedding2015
[Private]

I had the pleasure of working with Lynda for my first bridal shopping experience. I had an idea of what I was looking for but wasn't sure where to start. Lynda was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She knew exactly what type of dresses would flatter me and added the perfect accessories. I went there just to browse and ended up buying my wedding gown from her that day. I couldn't have found anything more perfect. I was so impressed with her, I brought all of my bridesmaids back to pick out their dresses. I've made a total of 6 trips to House of Brides over the past 3 months and can't wait to go back again once my dress arrives. I'm planning on bringing my mother there for her dress as well! I would highly recommend using House of Brides for your wedding gown needs and also bridesmaid dresses!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had visited a few bridal salons prior to my visit to House of Brides in Woonsocket. They were all picturesque shops filled with beautiful dresses... I found a few in my budget but just wasn't in love. Upon the recommendation of my aunt, I went to HOB. What a change of pace - first, it's a no-frills shop and you can't browse the wedding dresses like other shops allow... the women who work there bring you dresses to try on based on what you described. Odd but they have their reasons. All of that aside, I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I walked in those doors! I tried on a handful of dresses that were amazing... and then I found one that I absolutely fell in love with. Afraid to look after I had already decided this was the dress, I checked the price tag --- this dress was $600 less than the cheapest dress I had tried on anywhere else. They have a seamstress - she is adorable - in house, so that makes things easy. Further, they offer a 10% discount to your bridesmaids when you buy your gown there... we dressed my 5 'maids in the most beautiful dresses (which received a TON of compliments).

All of the above to say: go to House of Brides. You won't be disappointed!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have referred friends to this shop due to the individual attention the bride receives. The staff were so kind and made me feel welcomed and special!

Melissa
07/26/2014

Very helpful! Mariann was fantastic! Found my dream wedding dress with her help!

HOUSE OF BRIDES responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for the review Melissa. It gives us such joy when we hear the bride found her dream gown......

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After a brief trip to David's Bridal, I went to House of Brides on a friend's recommendation. It's a little out of the way up in Woonsocket, but the service was excellent. Linda helped me and all of my bridesmaids find our dresses and she was so patient and had such a great eye for what worked! She definitely wasn't afraid to say when something didn't look good, which is actually really helpful! And she had a knack for finding dresses that would look good, including the dress that I ended up purchasing. It wasn't at all what I had in mind beforehand, but it was the perfect dress (and only the second one I tried on during my visit!) Additionally, I was losing weight for the wedding and ordered one size down initially. Then I was much more successful that I was expecting (I ended up losing 75 pounds total) and I outshrank the smaller size! Their seamstress was phenomenal- she took in the dress flawlessly and for relatively little expense! I also purchased earrings and a headband from House of Brides (which Linda helped me pick out.) I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and everyone raved about my dress, including my now-husband! I highly recommend House of Brides!

Mary L
06/28/2014

Best bridal experience, you have to go here! I had gone to a few other shops & didn't have many complaints - liked the dresses & salesperson. I did not realize what I was missing out on until I came here. Make an appointment with Marian, you will not be disappointed one bit. I showed her some pictures of dresses I loved and the first one she put me in was it. I brought my older sister with me & we couldn't get over how amazing she was. This review doesn't even do her justice - you have to meet her to understand. If you are looking for the perfect dress & perfect customer service please go here. I have referred a few friends here and all of them said the same thing! I also worked with Linda, who was wonderful! Thank you so much Marian for finding me my dream gown and making it such a wonderful experience!

Dearest Mary,
Lynda and I thank you for all the praise. We do work hard to give our clients the experience they so deserve and love when we deliver. You have been wonderful and have sent so many lovely,nice ladies to us. You know that saying "Birds of a feather flock together"? Your friends just reinforce what a charming young lady you are. Your parents did a great job. We look forward to anyone you send here and are so pleased when you come by also. Once again,thank you Mary!!!!

06/07/2014
3.0

This bridal shop is very close to my house so I went just to see what was out there and found my gown after trying on 4 or 5 dresses. The service was great and the price for my gown was under budget.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The house of brides was absolutely phenomenal! This was the first and only place I went to in search for my dream wedding dress! I worked with Lynda. She was so patient, and knowledgable. She made me feel so special and like I was her only bride. After trying on about 12-15 dresses, I found the one! The whole process was so easy and stress-free. All of the staff at house of brides are helpful and so nice. The seamstress was also excellent, fitting my dress to me like a glove. My mother, mother-in law, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses were also bought at the house of brides! I can't express enough how happy I was with the house of brides. They truly made the wedding dress process so fun, exciting, and special for me.

Recently Married

House of Brides was the one and only place I went to find my wedding dress. I tired on I think abut 7 dresses, and the dress I purchased was the last one I tried on! We planned our entire wedding in six months, and I was really worried I wouldn't' get my dress on time. Linda at house of brides assured me it would be, and she was so right! My dress and alterations were completed in plenty of time before the big day, and it was the PERFECT dress for me :) I am an extremely indecisive person but Linda was so helpful in calming me down and helping me make the right choice! Another one of my friends has already been to house of brides as well, and just bought her dress there! I highly recommend their services.

Maggie
05/24/2014

I went to house if brides in pursuit of a specific dress from the allure collection. They had one in stock and ordered it right away in my size. They were very professional and courteous, I would recommend them to any bride.

Recently Married

Marian was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! She helped find the perfect dress and under garments. She knew what I wanted and did a great job getting it for me. Her personality was a perfect match for my family and I. Thanks so much!

HOUSE OF BRIDES responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words. I hope it shows that I truly enjoy working at the House of Brides. When people are wonderful it is so very easy to have a great experience. I know how much I love to see the happiness a bride gets when she finds her perfect gown. I wish you much love and happiness in your new journey...

Mary
05/10/2014

I bought my wedding dress at House of Brides and I loved it. Everybody there was really helpful and professional. I would definitely recommend them to anyone else

3.0

Thank you for helping with one of the most important days of my life!

Laura
04/05/2014

I worked with Lynda and she was wonderful! She made the whole experience fun when I wasn't sure what to expect and there was absolutely no pressure involved at all. I went through 12 dresses before I found mine she let me decide when I was done trying dresses on though. Everyone at House of Brides was super helpful with my wedding dress t and the semstress they have on site was also wonderful to work with. I traveled from MA to RI just to work with her.

HOUSE OF BRIDES responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is gives us such pleasure when we know that provided the say yes experience to our brides. We can not wait to see the pictures Laura!