Hotel Viking

Value
Flexibility
Jeb
11/22/2014

Best day of my life that was only made better by the beauty and seamlessness of the event at the Hotel Viking. Linda Ferguson did everything that we asked to a "T". The Best Wedding I have ever been to!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Linda was great to work with and incredibly helpful along the way. She is very on top of everything that goes on at The Hotel Viking which too the anxiety out of it and made planning the wedding a breeze.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Ryan
10/04/2014

Linda was awesome and the staff of the Viking went over the top for us. From the moment we arrived everything was so perfectly planned. We could not have asked for a better venue. I would recommend the Hotel Viking to anyone I know getting married.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It really was the perfect wedding weekend! Our ceremony was held at Kay Chapel, our cocktail hour was in the courtyard (thank god for warm September weather) and our reception was in the Viking Ballroom (downstairs). We also hosted a breakfast Sunday morning in the courtyard for our guests that stayed in the hotel.

I really loved the overall experience and style of the Hotel Viking, it definitely has an intimate, classy and charming feel to it, which was a perfect fit for our wedding.

Kay Chapel is simple and elegant, certainly a gem! Our guests also loved that it was a short walk from the Chapel to the Hotel for the cocktail hour/reception (no need to get back in the car). The cocktail hour was really nice, we had rented white lanterns from our florist, and he placed them throughout the courtyard. They looked lovely! The ballroom looked beautiful, the food was excellent (I received many compliments from our guests), and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Our waiter came over to us many times during the evening to see if he could get us anything else.

I worked with Linda Ferguson at the Hotel Viking, and she was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful throughout the planning process, very responsive to my many, many questions, and certainly accommodating. The day before our wedding, our wedding day and at our Sunday breakfast, Linda checked in with us to ensure everything was going well. She goes out of her way, to make sure everything goes well.

Overall, our experience with the Hotel Viking was PERFECT…. I wouldn't have changed a thing. We had such a nice and fun weekend, certainly a time to remember!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at Kay's Chapel. Everything was perfect. Linda was wonderful to work with. She was incredibly responsive and helped us every step of the way.We also used her recommendation for our officiant and we were extremely happy with him. I would highly recommend Kay Chapel for a wedding ceremony. The chapel provided a historic intimate setting and my pictures are stunning.

Recently Married

Linda Ferguson and the entire Hotel Viking staff were absolutely on point from start to finish. The hotel is a historic iconic building in this beautiful city by the sea but the staff made the event even more memorable. They all deserve 5 stars!

Recently Married

Every detail of our wedding weekend was amazing! We were first drawn to Hotel Viking for the location and atmosphere. We also held the ceremony at Kay Chapel and hosted a brunch the next day in the Colonade room. The convenience of all the events was wonderful, as we had many out of town guests. The entire staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and accommodating. Our event planner, Linda, was THE BEST! Her attention to detail and responsiveness thoroughout the whole 12+ month process was wonderful and made the wedding seamless. Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I celebrated our wedding at Hotel Viking recently. The ceremony was at the charming Kay Chapel and the reception in the beautiful Bellevue Ballroom. We planned our wedding from Boston and I am a law student, so I was expecting it to be a very stressful several months leading up to the big day. Our event coordinator Linda Ferguson was amazing - responsive, accommodating, and completely on point. She made the entire process so easy and stress-free. She made great suggestions and knew exactly how to execute our beautiful wedding. Our day went off without a hitch, and my guests are still raving about the venue, the food, and how much they enjoyed our wedding. The staff at Viking was also fantastic. Servers and bartenders were friendly and helpful, and valets and everyone working at the desk was great. I really cannot say enough about Hotel Viking. We will remember our wedding day for the rest of our lives and look forward to returning to the Viking for our anniversary for years to come.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our winter wedding at the Viking was so great!
We were married in Kay Chapel (simple, cozy, New England charm) and we hosted our reception in the Viking Ballroom. We also hosted a morning-after breakfast in the Bellevue Ballroom. Everything, from the moment we arrived on Thursday morning until the moment we drove away on Sunday afternoon, was handled with professionalism, wowing our parents, guests and us (the bride and groom).
Furthermore, the months and months of planning with Linda Ferguson were productive, efficient and smooth. Linda is on the top of her game. She is smart, kind, flexible and thoughtful. She works seamlessly with your vendors. She gets to know you and your family and then alleviates any doubts and ultimately delivers an experience that keeps to your budget and exceeds your expectations. As someone who somewhat works in the business, I had zero concerns when working with Linda.
Overall: The location in Newport is perfect, the hotel rooms are comfortable and nice, the food is delicious, and the staff (kudos to the front desk team and bells who didn't blink when we handed over our room drop spreadsheet) is focused and nimble.
Thank you, Hotel Viking (and thank you x 1,000, Linda)!

Jennifer
12/28/2013

Linda far exceede all of our expectations. She was not only extreamly professional and excellent in her job. She was flexible , friendly and made us feel like we were her only priority. That our day was just as important to her as it was to us. Weddings are stressful as we all know and to know Linda was taking care of everything and was so dependable I sis to have to worry abt anything venue related. I could focus on other aspects only wedding. She really created a special memory for us and we will be coming back to the Viking to celebrate each anniversary. Linda is amazing without her we would have been lost.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Hotel Viking was perfect. The chapel and ballroom were gorgeous, the service was fantastic, and the food was outstanding. Linda Ferguson was very easy to work with and very responsive to questions and concerns, and everything went very smoothly for us. We would definitely recommend this venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I planned my elopement package with Linda at the Hotel Viking and had my wedding at the charming Kay Chapel. Everything from the moment we arrived was just perfect! We met with the officiant and Linda, and when we arrived in our suite, there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The next day was my ceremony and due to unexpected rain, the Hotel provided transportation for me to the Chapel which is only a block away. The gentlemen who work the valet area were also commendable, helpful and very personable. Our package included a wedding dinner and bottle of champagne in the Hotel's restaurant, One Bellevue. The manager, Frederico, was the best--he personally came over to make sure everything was to our liking and that we had a nice corner table. The food was delicious. Overall, we had a great experience and can't wait to come back for our anniversary, if not before!

1+ year ago

The Hotel Viking was fantastic. Linda Ferguson was simply the best. Her guidance, effort and constant assistance made for a flawless wedding. The hotel and chapel were beautiful. The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and always greeted us with a smile. I would recommend the Viking Hotel to anyone that is looking to have a wedding in Newport, RI.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful and warm and inviting venue I have ever been to. The staff at The Hotel Viking was beyond exceptional. Our guests said they have never tasted food as good as the food at our wedding. The historic elegance is a statement in itself and created a beautiful atmosphere for our special day. I have never had a better day thanks to The Hotel Viking

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose the Hotel Viking for our wedding and it was a dream come true! right from the start Linda was fantastic and was able to make everything that we wanted a reality. The room we had was big enough for all our guest to feel comfortable and not crowded. We went for a food tasting and was nervous that the food we had then wouldn't taste like the food at the actual wedding, we were wrong! The food was beyond delicious! Our guests really enjoyed what we chose and how it was prepared. We had a few guests that would need special accommodation's due to allergies and the Viking had no problem creating something as delicious as everyone elses dinners.

Food was awesome.....and staff was suberb