Hotel Monaco Alexandria, A Kimpton Hotel

(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Monaco was the perfect venue for our wedding. Not only is the venue perfect for a wedding, its location in Old Town Alexandria make it the perfect destination wedding location. We had 50 of our guests staying at the hotel and they all had a great time even though the weather was not very cooperative. There was plenty to do and see for those who had dogs or kids to entertain. Our wedding contact at the hotel was very responsive and professional at all times. She gave great advice and all the references she provided were stellar, from the photographer to the cake baker. Due to the cold weather, the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all had to be inside and we loved the set up for all of it. There is really nothing I could think of that would make me hesitate in my recommendation. The Hotel Monaco is really the perfect venue, especially for a destination wedding .

• Flexibility: 5.0

I really wish we had the words for how happy we are that we chose Hotel Monaco as our wedding venue!! From the very first meeting to the perfect day itself, Trisha Murphy and her talented team went above and beyond to make everything absolutely gorgeous. The hotel is in a great location, and it is so uniquely beautiful, with bright vibrant colors and stylish, contemporary rooms. I wanted to DIY our wedding, so I had a lot of items I brought to Trisha. I feel silly now for ever worrying about ANY of the details, because Trisha and her team took care of every last thing! Trisha always responded immediately and put me right at ease. She also coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. The reception was so much more beautiful than we could have imagined, and all our guests and family members can NOT stop talking about how classy and elegant it was! We were treated like royalty. We were working with a budget, and let me tell you, Trisha kept to it! Every penny we spent was worth it. As for the food... where do we start?! We can't even call it "wedding food" because it was too superb for that kind of title. Stop by Jackson 20 (the restaurant in the hotel, which caters the events) to see for yourself! And, our wedding package included a "Mixologist" appointment with head bartender, Andy. He concocted the most interesting and delicious drinks for our "signature drink" choices which added a fun touch to our day! Special shout out to Trisha, for answering all of my crazy emails and worries and making our dream day a reality! I would recommend the Hotel Monaco for ANY event - our wedding was absolutely perfect and something we will cherish forever!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We began our wedding journey with Allison as our coordinator. When we looked at the Monaco, we liked how our entire event could be held in one place and how our guests could just go upstairs at the end of the evening. Also, the food from Jackson 20 is fantastic and is really what sold us on holding the wedding at the Monaco in the first place.

Allison left the hotel earlier this year and was replaced by Trisha. Trisha was absolutely AMAZING right from the get go. There were a few times where I hesitated in asking questions or getting information from her just because I didn't want to be a bother, but she ALWAYS promptly responded and never made me feel bad for asking what may have been ridiculous questions.

For all the events leading up to the wedding (tasting, final walkthrough, etc), Trisha was very accommodating to our schedule and would let us come after normal working hours. The tasting was so fun, you, your future spouse and 2 of your friends or family get a HUGE meal and tons of wine to try. We had such a blast deciding on our menu. Alcohol choices were also very important to us, so Trisha actually scheduled a meeting with the head bartender Andy at Jackson 20 so we could taste and pick out signature cocktails for our wedding!

For the event itself, Trisha was amazing at interfacing with all of my vendors, including my two wedding planners, in order to make the event run smoothly. Her catering staff was kind and attentive to us and our guests throughout the evening.

The only reason I knocked off a star for the "value" category is because the food and beverage minimum for a Saturday night is extremely high. We only had 80 total guests, so we struggled to ensure meeting the minimum, even with maxing out food and bar options for our guests. However, everyone who attended RAVED over the food and the booze, so I'm overall very pleased with Hotel Monaco for our wedding venue!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Casey
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria for both our ceremony and our reception. The location is perfect, right on King Street, within walking distance of the water and a few other lower-priced hotels (for guests). The venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect and we could not have asked for a better place to get married.

About halfway through our wedding planning the Hotel's wedding coordinator left and a new one was hired. The new coordinator took a bit of time to get situated and I would say that without our outside coordinator (Lindsey Farrell of Kelley Cannon Events) I would have been much more stressed and panicked about the whole thing. Because I had an outside planner I did not have much contact with the Hotel's coordinator but our wedding went smoothly so I assume the coordinator did a fine job working with Lindsey Farrell.

The Hotel did a great job reserving room blocks and helping our guests get a good rate for how amazing and luxurious the hotel is. Our suite (one of the biggest suites in the hotel) was perfect and the staff was attentive and professional.

My only criticism is that the hotel staff itself was a little un-helpful upon checking in, we received two different rooms upon check-in the Friday before the wedding and we were later charged for the mistake. However, Trisha, the event coordinator at the Hotel quickly fixed the mistake once we brought it to her attention.

Overall the hotel is beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a non-religious space for both a ceremony and a reception.

4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Hotel Monaco was my venue for my wedding reception of 130 in May. The staff was great and very easy to work with and contact. Everything that we wanted they made happen. Getting room blocks at the hotel for guests was easy and adding more rooms when needed. The food was great and presented very nice. Guests especially loved the appetizers and the fun mini grilled chesses and mini pulled pork sliders. The only problem we had was with the welcome bags we left at the front desk for the staff to give to guests when they arrived, some of our guests did not get them for whatever reason. I would suggest paying the extra money to have them delivered to guests rooms. Besides that they were wonderful!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our venue! The Hotel Monaco was beautiful and Trisha is amazing!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful venue, and food catered by chef was exquisite! The new event coordinator Trisha Murphy is fantastic! She was very flexible with last minute changes and worked hard to make our wedding day run smoothly and was a pleasure to work with.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had a very positive experience at the Hotel Monaco. The events planner did change midway through my planning time which presented a few challenges, but overall it was a good experience. The food was fantastic and the staff was very attentive and helpful. Our guests had a phenomenal time and I believe it is part due to the fact that the staff removed any potential distractions to make it seem effortless. It was a great day!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at the hotel was incredibly professional. They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. No detail was overlooked, the food was wonderful, the courtyard was a beautiful place to get married and have our cocktail hour, and the ballroom was the perfect size for our 120 guests. I am sure I emailed them dozens of times over the months leading up to the wedding and I always got a quick response. We felt incredibly special and looked after on our wedding day, just as you should!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
Wendy
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Excellent services provided by Josh as we negotiated our wedding block. The hotel is an amazing place to host traveling guests, great location, easy to get to, great free shuttle service to hotel, and fair prices for the area. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely love the Hotel Monaco-Alexandria. We worked with Allison and Trisha (when she took over for Allison). Trisha made a seamless transition. The staff at the Hotel Monaco was fabulous and very attentive. We had about 90 guests at the wedding and this venue was the perfect size. I would definitely recommend this venue if you have 120 guests or less. They say they can seat about 150 but I do think it would feel a bit tight with the dance floor. Allison and Trisha responded to all of my emails very quickly and were so helpful throughout the whole process. It happened to snow/sleet/hail on the day of the wedding and having the ceremony inside worked just great. The food was amazing! Everyone loved every dish that they had and the appetizers were to die for. I absolutely would not have changed a thing. The wedding went so smoothly.

• Wedding: 03/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Monaco is a beautiful, unique venue. The outside courtyard (that now has permanent hanging lights!) is a great option to have as part of the cocktail hour. The lobby provides guests with the perfect first impression.

Our event manager, Allison, was absolutely wonderful. She was always available through email and phone for any question, big or small. Her attentiveness throughout the planning process and the day of was superb. She kept my on schedule, which was appreciated.

The reception space was perfect for our guest count (130). If you need to keep your guest count down, this is the place for you! And the food was absolutely amazing. We received many compliments on the quality.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the most beautiful wedding and service at the Hotel Monaco Alexandria! Allison (our catering manager) was so efficient and replied to emails very quick. She is unbelievably organized! She made the planning process easier, especially at points when we were confused and stressed she was always one step ahead of us. On the day of, Annee was with us and was there from the beginning of the day helping with details and organization. Little things of course come up that a bride and groom may not think of and between Allison and Annee they took care of all that stuff so we didn't have to worry.The hotel itself is gorgeous and the food was AMAZING! They put together Indian menu options for us too since we wanted to combine both our cultures. We have no ties to Alexandria but chose this location based on the hotel and the amazing service we knew we, and our guests, would receive. Can't thank everyone there enough for being so helpful and making our wedding day so perfect!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Outstanding service from the initial contact through the final dance. The professionalism and attention to detail was phenomenal. Allison Manning, the catering manager was amazing, she is an expert and I am convinced there is nothing she can't do! Hotel Monaco even offered amazing options for food allergies and tailored the food options to meet our needs. Overall a fantastic experience and a wonderful venue.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and her team made our day fantastic, they remained very flexible up until the very last minute and were an absolute pleasure to work with - I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Britton
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We received so many compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed our wedding at Hotel Monaco. The courtyard made for a beautiful ceremony, and our out of town guests loved the guest rooms and being able to explore Old Town Alexandria. The entrees (filet mignon, rockfish, and chicken roulade) were crowd pleasers as were the chicken and waffles at cocktail hour! Also, Allison Manning (the hotel's wedding planner) was great to work with and is quick to respond to emails. Thank you Hotel Monaco for helping us plan such a wondering wedding we will remember for a lifetime!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Leigh
703-519-6850
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards