Hotel Maya

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crystal and Team were a pleasure to work with! Helped make my dream wedding a reality.

I didn't worry about a thing the day of my wedding and everything went perfect. Everyone raved about the delicious food and beautiful views.

Thank you Crystal and team at Hotel Maya for making our wedding day so special!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ceremony only - Our wedding was very simple and basic, we just wanted a beautiful, comfortable setting and that's exactly what we got. The price was much cheaper than I thought it would be, considering it is a Double tree Hotel. I liaised with Lisa Duncan for planning purposes and she was always quick to return emails and phone calls. The setup was just as we discussed and everything went beautifully. Our photographer said the hotel was a photographers dream because of all the different settings, textures, and designs that he could utilize in our pictures.

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife & I can't even BEGIN to say enough good things about Hotel Maya! We were married 06/29/14 @ the Maya hotel in Long Beach, CA. Their wedding planner, Linda bent over backwards to make sure all of our needs were met. She worked REALLY hard to make sure all of our wishes were fulfilled & even surprised us with some extra stuff we didnt even know we needed...like the "First Glance" & a quiet moment for just the 2 of us at a table with appetizers & champagne right after our ceremony. Linda made sure we had something blue for the ceremony, a detail we forgot & the ceremony was a Broadway meets baseball theme. She made sure my Dodger blue was prominent throughout the entire event & found creative ways to incorporate Broadway into everything. When we walked in for the grand entrance, she made sure the hotel had Dodger blue napkins on the tables being waved by our guests & our wedding party was waiting at the front saluting us with Dodger blue bats. Even our make-up artist wore a Dodger shirt. Linda even found us the greatest photographer! TRUST HER TASTE PEOPLE! SHE'LL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU! LINDA DUPLAINE GRAY NOT ONLY KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING...BUT SHE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER!

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hotel Maya is such a beautiful location. I always wanted to get married on the water, but most waterfront locations were way out of my budget. I was even a little hesitant with Hotel Maya at first being a little over my budget, but it was honestly SO worth it! They took care of so much for me that made the whole planning process so much easier. My coordinator that they assigned to me was amazing. Their food was some of the best my guests have ever had at a wedding. And the day of I really didn't have much to worry about because they handled everything. I can't tell you how many compliments I received about this venue. I am SO glad I made the decision to have my wedding here. It really was awesome.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my spouse and I started looking for a venue, we knew exactly what we wanted. We knew we wanted it to be in Downtown Long Beach because that's where our first kiss was, we knew that we wanted it to be at a hotel because it would make it so much easier for everyone traveling in (about 1/2 the guests), and we knew we wanted somewhere beautiful that would look amazing on the day of our wedding. When we found the Hotel Maya, we knew we found everything we were looking for.

From the beginning we were absolutely in love with this place. I started e-mail communication with them and they were awesome to deal with right away. I am a big e-mail person and I mostly communicated with Crystal Kelly Olivares, the Senior Catering Manager, and Stephanie Bondoc, the Senior Sales Manager. Both of them were awesome! Crystal was super friendly, helpful, and detailed, which I LOVE, and Stephanie was very helpful with setting up a room-block. An added element to all of this was that we would not be meeting any of these people or seeing this venue until the month of our wedding!

We are a same-sex couple but we live in Texas, so we knew this was going to have to be an out-of-state affair. I did extensive research on tons of wedding sites, on Yelp, everywhere, and knew that I was going to have to be really comfortable with all the decisions I made because we were not going to be able to travel out to California until 3/1/14, with our wedding just a few weeks later on 3/23/14. Throughout the entire process, both Crystal and Stephanie made us feel at ease and made sure that I was good with everything.

When the big day actually came, I was in awe of how beautiful everything was. Our outdoor ceremony site, The Jardin de Palmeras, was perfect, everything had been set up exactly as we had talked about. The upstairs reception room, MiraMar, was done to perfection, and the staff was amazing! Our wedding was perfect, in huge part due to the Maya. Thank you Maya staff for everything!

• Wedding: 03/23/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the most magical wedding day and I owe a big part of that to this amazing venue. It was the wedding of my dreams. They were wonderful in helping make my big day so special. The location, decor etc of the hotel is so unique and stunning, the food is outstanding, the staff is fantastic. You can't go wrong by having your wedding here. It really is kind of a hidden gem. I had not heard of Hotel Maya before searching for wedding venues now I will be a regular there, for the amazing Sunday brunch, the great happy hour, or just to visit for the great rooms and location. Thank you to Kayse and all of the staff at the Maya for making our day wonderful!

• Wedding: 02/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EVERYONE at Hotel Maya is extremely helpful and friendly. My fiance (then) and I went to visit the hotel on a whim without an appointment. The front desk gave us all the information and the ballrooms to check out. We walked around the hotel ourselves and was helped by all the employees. When we walked into the Miramar ballroom, we knew this was the room we wanted. It was already nighttime so we saw the full effect of the lights from the downtown.

Crystal assisted us with the catering and Kayse with room reservations. We had a number of guests from out of town. Kayse is just amazing. She answered all my endless questions patiently and accommodated all my requests. Crystal was actually the catering manager of my friend's wedding at another venue. It's really funny how these things work out. She is professional and very helpful in helping us make our choices for the ceremony and reception. The only thing missed was an item from the package we had, the gobo light. But I can live without gobo lights at my wedding :)
I have to also say, the banquet captains and the reception staffs were just amazing. Everything went flawlessly!

The venues I chose were Playa at the Maya for ceremony and Miramar Ballroom for reception. Crystal mentioned to us about the Playa as an alternative for ceremony site (at that time they have not made it official yet). When we saw the man-made beach side overlooking the water, I wanted it!! It was a perfect and easy transition to the Esplanade for cocktail hour. The guests spent the hour watching sunset and enjoying delicious Hors D'Oeuvres.

All my guests couldn't stop commenting at how nice the venue is. I'm really glad we found Hotel Maya!

• Wedding: 11/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crystal Kelly, catering, and Kayse Funez, room reservations, planned and organized the food, beverage, and room and board for our wedding guests at the beautiful Hotel Maya. The filet mignon at reception was perfect, according to the groom and guests. The rooms at the Maya are so colorful and spacious, and THE VIEW is spectacular. The brunch the next morning at The Fuego overlooking the Long Beach Harbor was delicious and beautifully displayed. At least five of my guests mentioned having their next event at the Hotel Maya. Nobody wanted to leave! Ha ha!

I sent countless emails to both Crystal and Kayse throughout the planning stages, and they were answered promptly and professionally by both. John and I appreciate their patience and kindness thoughout the whole process.

The Hotel Maya accommodated our beloved Rawley "The Ball" family dog to join us in our wedding and in our hotel room. For this, I appreciate the most.

I recommend the Hotel Maya for your event.

John, Cary, and Rawley LaTurno

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was PERFECT! Crystal Kelly did a AMAZING Job making me feel very Special

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter got married at The Hotel Maya June 9th of this year. The Maya was very accommodating to us and all of our guests upon arrival and throughout our weekend stay! The wedding director was wonderful and all of the Staff were amazing. Also, thanks to the chefs at Fuego the food was a hit with all of our guests!

I would definitely recommend The Hotel Maya and Fuego.

And thank you Simona for making the process so easy for us! We enjoyed working with you.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! I recommend this place to anyone getting married.

Eileen coordinated the wedding from the hotel catering staff. She was GREAT! She nice, so caring, and genuinely wanted us to have the best wedding possible. She thought of things I hadn't even considered! And I never once saw her frazzled or lose her cool. She has a wonderful and positive attitude, along with being great at her job.

My fiancé's (now husband) family and my family were both coming into Long Beach from out of town for our wedding. This can be a bit overwhelming, especially for the hotel. Even with the constant flood of questions being asked of the front desk, they staff was always friendly, and made sure we were getting the best advice.

The restaurant Fuego (which is DELICIOUS) was also really understanding and helpful about all the big groups we had come in to eat there. They helped us move tables around so everyone could sit together! So nice! Also, it is now one of my favorite restaurants in the Los Angeles area! I have never had a bad dish there.

• Wedding: 05/06/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eileen & her team was AMAZING!!! I did not have to worry about everything. If I had any questions her or someone on her staff would be there.

We met with Eileen a few times to review all the details for the wedding. One thing that I loved is we were having a Spanish theme wedding on cinco de mayo. We did not want the traditional wedding food. Eileen worked with her chef and was able to come up with a menu that blew us away. Everything was so good. Our guests still tell us how delicious it was all. We even did a late night snack of tacos & churros.

While the Bridal Party was busy taking pictures, the guests were enjoying pre reception. The staff was going to put some appetizers to the side for the bridal party. When we got to the area, there was none left. Eileen and her team jumped right on it and were able to provide food for the bridal party. Their staff even took our presents to our room so my husband and I did not have to worry about them.

We could not be more happy with everything. We stayed the night there and it was so peaceful. The next morning we went to brunch. So happy we were found Hotel Maya to have our wedding at.

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Two words... Eileen Dinh... Get in touch with her and you won't have to worry about a thing. perfect night for the most important event of our lives, thanks to her.

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding at this hotel and were very impressed with everything. We planned our wedding from a distance and we very happy with the way that everything came together in the end. The views are amazing and the event went great.

• Wedding: 05/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a beautiful reception at the Miramar Ballroom at Hotel Maya. The view is priceless!

• Wedding: 09/26/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

it is great, I like

• Wedding: 03/01/2011
562-481-3897
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards