Hotel Boulderado

Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with the Boulderado and Melissa! It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Having the ceremony and reception in the same venue was great. The in-house catering made for easy food and drink choices and the decor already present on the Mezzanine (romantic Victorian) made it easier to decorate the tables. Having an in-house wedding coordinator also made a huge difference. Melissa made herself available whenever we needed to check in about something and helped us with some significant, last minute changes. I never felt like I was inconveniencing her, even when I was obsessing about last minute details. I was able to show her my decorations for the space and was confident that she would make sure they were done correctly. We did not have to worry about set-up or clean up of the reception space - the banquet manager was on top of everything and made sure that all of our stuff ended up in the Bridal Suite. We would recommend 100% using the Boulderado for a wedding or other big event!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with the Hotel Boulderado! When my now-husband and I walked into the venue for the first time, we knew that the unique, elegant, and historic feel of the hotel's mezzanine was perfect for our ceremony and reception. We worked with coordinator Melissa throughout the planning process and she was also there to orchestrate everything on our wedding day. Melissa was organized, professional, and extremely accommodating at all times. The hotel provided excellent food and service at a great price. We also used their preferred vendor list to find our florist, baker, and DJ, all of which we were very happy with. We would absolutely recommend this venue!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Boulderado was amazing!! After our previous venue fell through, they were able to accommodate our wedding on very short notice. Tonya was wonderful to work with - she answered all our questions and went over every detail with us so we knew what to expect. She is so knowledgeable and has great ideas for creating a smooth event that everyone will enjoy. The food was delicious - we did a cocktail style reception with a variety of different tapas. Every detail was taken care of in an organized and professional manner. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our entire event, and was helpful in accommodating some last minute requests from our families. Thank you all!!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Beth
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow - the BEST wedding-planning decision I made! An incredible value: when talking money, I kept waiting for some hidden expense...but it never came. In fact, Hotel Boulderado gave me more than I was ever expecting. From the very beginning, Tonya included taxes and gratuity in all of the estimates so we could see an itemized list of all of the costs. They provided beautiful centerpieces (for a small rental fee), table # stands, an antique bird cage to hold the money cards, etc. Tonya was amazing...so calm and reassuring and also so fun at the same time. She patiently answered all of my questions, was totally prompt in her responses, and accommodated my parents and I every step of the way. I am not good at details so I just handed over some decorations and said, "make it pretty", and they totally did. The reception was beautifully decorated in a way I never could have envisioned. All of the staff went above and beyond in service. They were professional, funny, and all totally awesome! The food was AMAZING. We had the petite filet and I was nervous that it wouldn't be cooked correctly, since it is so easy to overcook but it was done perfectly and all of the other food was perfect as well.

I can't say enough good things - Tonya and the event staff went above and beyond in every way. The guest book got lost the night of the wedding, but Tonya found it and OVERNIGHTED it to our house! I loved that we could do the ceremony right next to the reception and guests didn't have to travel. The wedding discount on the rooms was amazing and all of my guests couldn't stop raving about the Boulderado staff and their stay at the hotel.

I always envisioned myself getting married out in the woods, but due to logistics (and the amazing reviews), we chose Hotel Boulderado. The style of the hotel is perfect for a wedding: classic, unique, beautiful, required minimal decorating on my part, and was stunning for pictures.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I chose Hotel Boulderado for it's unique romantic feel and the fact that it is close to a "one stop shop" (they have their own ceremony area, catering, clean up, coordinator, reception area, rooms, after party/after-after party locations, and centerally located downtown).
We were married during the Holidays when the big tree was put up, the lobby was decorated, school - aged carolers in the lobby during the day, the parade of lights festival going on, etc......it was great. They took care of us well, even in the middle of all the other events. We had no distractions during the wedding, and the reception had excellent service with the staff. I am so glad that I chose the Boulderado and would do it all over again.

• Wedding: 12/08/2013
Bojangles
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A great place for a wedding reception. We loved the catered food (and have had many friends say they loved the food too). The presidential suite was a great room for getting set up and other logistics. The Hotel staff was excellent at being there to help when we were stressed with planning. They really took a lot of burden off of us and helped make the day very memorable.

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hosted our rehearsal dinner hear, and the lion's share of the guests (including party and our families) stayed here. They were excellent at every turn. In particular, the bell boys and valets were simply wonderful. The event staff was also great - totally easy to work with, and not afraid to make very good suggestions. I loved seeing friends and family in the beautiful lobby.

Using the Boulderado as a base of operations was one of the best things we did!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Your sales representative will be totally available to you. I never had a problem reaching Tonya, and if she was away from her desk, she called me back within a day. In the days before the wedding she was my calm reassurance that the day would be perfect, AND it was thanks to her careful planning. It was as if she and her crew thought up all the possible problems or needs and anticipated them so that the event was perfect. Can't say enough about the way they cared for us during the event. One man even helped me carry some things to the care when the event ended. Now That is service.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had such a wonderful experience working with the ladies at the Hotel Boulderado. They were helpful and flexible and very knowledgeable about how to work with their space. I could not have asked for better planners. The food was so delightful and delicious, all of my guests after the wedding said how exceptional the food was. We had the amazing opportunity to stay in the Presidential suite and that room alone was a highlight of our wedding. We Would definitely recommend the Boulderado and staff for any party or wedding ceremony and of course if they get a chance, a room for the night.

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our wedding reception at the Hotel Boulderado and were truly impressed with the service we received. Tonya was extremely accommodating and attentive to all our needs (even ones we didn't know we had!), and many of our guests mentioned how good the food was. We highly recommend the Hotel Boulderado to anyone interested in hosting a classy event.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with the event staff at the Boulderado could not have been easier! We looked at several venues and from our first meeting it was apparent that they were organized, flexible, and willing to accommodate our requests. It was great peace of mind knowing that they were handling everything, and they had great suggestions when we were not always sure exactly what we wanted. They just took care of everything! We can't say enough good things about the staff at the Boulderado! They made our event a great success!

Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Boulderado was a wonderful place to have our reception. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, the venue was lovely, and the food was excellent. The woman who helped us book our day was very responsive. She returned calls promptly and set up a couple of walk-throughs when we requested them. She also provided me with a spreadsheet and the menu, so I was perfectly in control of the estimated cost of the wedding. I knew exactly what taxes and gratuities would end up being. The event coordinator took time to sit down with me and discuss exactly what I needed for the wedding. She was very generous with her time answering the one hundred questions I had leading up to the day of our wedding. Also, the banquet manager was fantastic. He met with us to discuss our decorations and he gave us some great ideas. There were several staff members there at our wedding to answer questions and make sure everything went smoothly. We used heavy books to decorate with and I was a little worried they would be too much for us to deal with after the ceremony, but the staff was amazing with helping us pack up and take the books where they needed to go after the reception. We barely had to lift a finger. I cannot thank the staff at he Boulderado enough for helping us so much with our wedding.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The wedding planners at the Boulderado were great to work with! We had our ceremony nearby and then had our reception at the Boulderado. It was great! The setting was beautiful and the even went off seamlessly.

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding reception in the mezzanine at the Hotel Boulderado. We had a very pleasant experience from the beginning of planning to the very end of the reception, and couldn't be happier about choosing the Boulderado! We worked with Tonya, who was a joy to be with, and so calm and professional. At one point we considered hiring a wedding planner, but Tonya assured us she and her staff would do A LOT of the work and that we probably would be fine without a planner. She was right. The hotel staff went above and beyond to ensure our reception would go flawlessly. The food (which is a huge part of a party in our opinion) was delicious! We heard MANY compliments on how good the food was, and how nicely everything was presented. My husband and I wanted to add a few of our own decoration pieces, such as family wedding pictures and our custom made guest book. All we had to do was drop everything off a couple of days before. I remember walking into the mezzanine after our ceremony and it looked beautiful! We used one of the florists recommended by the hotel (Ellen Cara Boulder), who was very familiar with the venue, and together they did a fantastic job. The mezzanine is such a unique place. We loved that it had many windows, and is already very elegant and full of character on its own. It took very simple flower arrangements and candles to make it beautiful and classy, whereas in your regular boxy, plain hotel ballroom we would have spent a fortune to decorate. The other awesome thing about the Boulderado is its location. We had many guests from out of town who absolutely loved Boulder. We were extremely pleased with how everything turned out, and highly recommend the Hotel Boulderado!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the most amazing place to get married. The staff was absolutely awesome and went above and beyond. The rooms, food, and atmosphere were incredible. Our wedding was perfect! We couldn't have been happier.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dani and Tonya and the whole team were fantastic. They worked with our budget, large guest list, and family traditions. They set up our decorations, let us come in the night before to add a few more finishing touches, were beyond flexible and offered great advice, and were all around wonderful. The food was delicious. From the tastings to helping us settle on a menu to our ever changing guest count, they were wonderful and the food and waitstaff were awesome. Our wedding happened to be in blizzard conditions and they were still ready to go, even adding some last minute items to the menu in lieu of the storm. Very professional, friendly, and a blast to work with. if you're getting married in Boulder, this is the place, hands down. We also spent our honeymoon here because we just couldn't get enough of the atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Melissa
303-440-2880
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards