Honeyfund.com

Honeyfund.com

The free honeymoon registry, the free cash gift registry

Sebastopol, CA 95472 | map

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved that flexibility that honeyfund gave us to create a honeymoon fund. They website is clear and straightforward. It gave a fun selection of backgrounds to match our theme and clear explanations of how our guests can gift if they wish! It is also nice that you can update guests with information! Great website and way to create a honeymoon fund!

• Wedding: 07/24/2015
Miranda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Honeyfund is perfect for the adventurous couple on a budget! My Fiance and I are really excited to see if our guest are as on board with this idea as us! I will update the results!

• Wedding: 05/03/2015
Services Used: Travel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding planner suggested this site to me to start a home fund and since other funding websites charge the user or the givers, it really appealed to me. I couldn't see charging my guests more than what they were donating so this site is perfect since it is mostly guiding your guests that you would like a monetary donation for a home or honeymoon rather than specific items and they don't have to pay online. Your guests can pay in person at the wedding or send it to your address. I just set my account up and am having my wedding planner add it to my site on here! Hoping it is as user friendly and fool-proof as it seems.

• Wedding: 04/18/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Super easy way for guest to help pay for your honeymoon!

• Wedding: 03/07/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Using HoneyFund was an exceptionally easy and fun way to gather ideas for our honeymoon and raise funds for our journey of a lifetime. The site looked great, everyone seemed to figure it out without any trouble, and we ended up receiving way more money than we imagined. I recommend this for any couple looking to spend a long time traveling after their wedding (we are leaving for 14 months), or that just already has most of the stuff they need. Sara and Josh, the site owners, do a great job making this a positive experience within wedding planning.

• Wedding: 02/15/2015
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Honeyfund sounded like a great idea, but it was terrible. 70% of our guests could not get the site to work. It would not link to PayPal. I contacted them and they told be to try other browsers, which did not help. We had to tell most of our guests to bring checks and cash (not classy)!

Honeyfund.com responded with the following comments:

Hi there. We saw your review and of course we're not happy to hear about your experience. We make a point to stick with any issues our customers are experiencing. We would be happy to make sure your PayPal is working and personally contact any givers who were unsuccessful! Just e-mail us at help at honeyfund. Rachel is online now ready to help. : ) - Sara & Josh

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very easy for friends and family to donate for our honey moon. The service fee was very minimal.

• Wedding: 01/17/2015
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Honeyfund was a great resource for couples looking for a non-traditional registry (help with a honeymoon). It was easy to use and helpful in tracking gifts. There is not much flexibility in design unless you want to pay for the upgrades but we found that the fee with this registry was much lower than others and easy to transfer funds with paypal.

Sara & Josh (or their webmaster) was also great with well timed emails without overloading you with information. I would highly recommend this registry

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I enjoyed using Honeyfund. We raised over $10,000 and most people seemed to really like the concept. We had a traditional registry for my bridal shower and then closed that closer to the wedding. We are already settled in a home so honeyfund gave us an opportunity to raise money for a new couch, our 1 year anniversary trip and paid for our honeyfund food/drinks. Excellent in my book! I upgraded to the interface without ads, I would recommend that.

• Wedding: 12/10/2014
3.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Loved an avenue to collect money for my wedding but having to sign up for a paypal business account when we are not running a business was not only annoying, but unethical. Now I have to provide fake details to Paypal and until I give them my social, my account is locked.

I would highly reccomend Honeyfund if they could figure out another option to the business paypal account.

• Wedding: 12/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After attending another wedding where Honeyfund was used, we decided to use them for our main registry. My fiancé and I already had all our household basics and instead really wanted to splurge on a honeymoon. After doing some research, Honeyfund seemed to have the lowest fees taken out of credit card charges, and we really appreciated the option for guests to give checks or cash instead of using a credit card, and 100% of those gifts came straight to us.

Our guests seemed to be able to use the registry just fine, we heard no complaints and pretty much everyone used Honeyfund as our wedding gift. We used the free version and we really liked the feature where guests could buy an activity or a part of our honeymoon vacation. Some guests let us know how much they liked being able to do that, rather than just give cash without knowing what it might be going to.

We had no troubles with setting up Paypal to our account and we were able to receive our funds within three days of transferring them. Overall, I would recommend Honeyfund to anyone who wants more flexibility in a honeymoon registry.

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Honeyfund.com is a great idea for the couple that doesn't need items on a registry but would just like to have everyone "donate" to the honeymoon. It was a great solution for us. It also works brilliantly for out of state guests so they don't feel obligated to bring or ship gifts! There is a percentage fee that is deducted from each monetary "gift."

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We used HoneyFund as an alternative to a traditional registry because we wanted to make our honeymoon as exciting as possible. Set up was easy and getting the word out to our family and friends was easy too.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Honeyfund conveniently allowed us to select adventures for our honeymoon, and our guests to choose adventures they want to contribute money toward! Great idea! Great service. Thanks!

• Wedding: 10/23/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Honeyfund was a great addition to our registry. We wanted guests to be able to know exactly what we wanted to do with cash gifts, it just makes it feel so much more personal. We went ahead and had a traditional registry as well, and were surprised at how equally guests spread themselves out between using the Honeyfund and traditional store registry. There are a lot of criticisms of cash registries, but I think if you need/want money as a wedding gift, Honeyfund is the way to go.

You can link your bank accounts through PayPal and withdraw all the gifts at the same time in one large transfer, guests have the option of printing a nice certificate to include in a card, and the customer service is great. Emails are answered regularly, and by the same people, so it feels more like a discussion than contacting customer support.

We preferred to upgrade our account to remove ads from the registry, and I think it made a difference. The registry felt like an extension of our wedding website - especially with the slideshow and theme options - not like sending someone to a store. We strongly would recommend Honeyfund to any couple looking to create a cash registry.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just used the free version of Honeyfund to provide a quick and easy way for people to give us cash gifts. It helped them to feel like they were actually giving us a "real" gift rather than just a check. I feel this was especially the case, for our guests anyway, because everyone that used the site actually chose event-ticketed items versus the "dinner/hotel room" options.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
707-340-3863
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards