Hino B Photography

Hino B Photography

Arlington, VA | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Digital Files, High Resolution Images, Negatives, Pr...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino was referred to us by a friend and when we saw his pictures, we knew he was perfect for us. And then we met up and he is the nicest, sweetest person! Really easy to work with and totally rolled with the punches and chaos during our wedding. He was attentive to the best moments to get great pics and made sure to take us out while the sun was setting to get some in the best light. His rates are really reasonable and you'll see he goes the extra mile. If you want someone with a great sense of style and just really down to earth, look him up!

• Wedding: 04/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino was awesome to work with and was super flexible. The photos came out great, he had great ideas of shots to get (we did our engagement shoot with him as well). I was very pleased with how everything turned out and what he and Wade (a second photographer Hino brought to help at the wedding), were able to capture. I will be reccommending him to anyone I know that would need professional photos or event photos.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Juli
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is unbelievably talented and a great photographer to work with. He was quick to respond to our questions, interacted well with the entire bridal party and worked well with the other vendors as well. One of my favorite things about Hino was his ability to make me laugh and keep me calm during the more emotional parts of the day. He's super sweet and I guarantee you won't regret booking him.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is without a doubt a brilliant photographer and amazing person to work with. My MOH recommended him after he photographed her wedding, and her photos were gorgeous. Hino made everyone feel at ease and comfortable, and I didn't notice he or his second shooter Jess at all during the ceremony. They are very good at being "invisible" while still getting into position for that perfect shot. They are also fantastic at proposing ideas for great shots - so many of the pictures I love are things I wouldn't have thought to do or ask for. We made up a TON of time doing the formals after the ceremony, so we had more time for candid shots and :) Hino also generously offered to stay an extra hour for me - just in time for the cake cutting and bouquet/garter toss! He and Jess captured so many memorable moments, and I can't imagine having had anyone else photograph our wedding. From the formals to the candids to the special requests, like our pinky swear shot and our first look, every photo is beautiful and puts me in the moment. And there are SO many of them! I tried to cut down on what I posted online to share with friends, and I still only got down to 483. WOW! I'm a raving fan and will continue to recommend Hino to friends, family, and anyone who needs a photographer with artistic genius and amazing personality :)

• Wedding: 09/01/2012

Hino was awesome!

We got married at the Arts Club of Washington in DC, a place with lots of rooms filled with great pieces of art as well as a courtyard where we ended up having the ceremony. Since the place is pretty unique, we asked Hino to come take a look at the venue with us, which he didn't mind doing at all. He quickly came up with great ideas for what types of shots we could have in each location in the house!

The day of the wedding went amazingly. Some of our favorite shots came prior to the ceremony during the 'guys horsing around' series of shots and 'bride getting ready' pics. We also did a round of 'first look' photos prior to the ceremony, which turned out spectacular. For the rest of the day, he and his second shooter blended in like ninjas during the ceremony and reception (unless you needed them for a picture, in which case you were able to find one of them very easily).

Hino delivered our photos to us in a very timely manner -- they were extremely simple to view. He took some of the best ones and provided them in different schemes for us (original, black & white, vintage look, etc.). Overall, we're BEYOND SATISFIED with how everything came out. The photos look very professionally done. He really captured some great moments!

It's true what they say that time really flies by on the day of your wedding, and we're so grateful that these pictures will let us revisit our special day for the rest of our lives! Thanks, Hino!

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is absolutely awesome. He is the perfect calm personality to have around on a hectic and exciting day. He's never in the way and you almost forget he's there. His candid shots are beyond perfect and I was extremely impressed with the quality of my photos.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is an excellent photographer, who somehow manages to improve continually. He takes his craft seriously, and clients like us really truly appreciate it. Hino shot both our wedding and our engagement photos and we were very pleased with both. He pitched the idea of taking engagement shots in Blacksburg, VA since we graduated from Virginia Tech, and I couldn't be happier with his well-thought out shots list. He was very flexible and receptive to our ideas as well. At the wedding and ceremony, we barely knew Hino was there, so he was able to capture emotions and candid shots. He has a keen eye and is great with both traditional photos and creative ones as well. He is such a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend him to my friends and patrons of weddingwire!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I start to say about Hino!? First of all, this guy is gonna completely make a name for himself - book him now while he's still being generous with his rates! Once he becomes rich and famous, you won't be sorry :) Hino was recommended to me by my friend Dana. I normally shy away from using friends - and even using recommendations from friends - for very important events because I know myself - I would totally hold them responsible for anything that went wrong!! Luckily, Dana's recommendation was one of THE best we received.

Photography was huge to me, but so was budget. I was willing to pay for quality, but I wasn't willing to break our bank either. I originally wanted to hire a different photographer, but he was booked and after hearing my frustrations of crappy photographers that were charging top dollar, Dana put me in touch with Hino. My now-husband and I checked out his awesome portfolio, received his incredible rates, set up a meeting and we were sold pretty much right away. Hino is very personable and very comfortable in his skin. The fact that he was also around our age made it even better, because we felt as though we were almost talking to a friend but a very professional one at that! We interviewed a few other photographers after we met with him, since we already had the appointments set up, but we already knew we wanted to book him. We already let one great photographer get away, we weren't about to let another one!

By an odd twist of fate and courtesy of an extremely small world...after our amazing engagement session at the National Harbor last summer, we discovered that Hino actually shoots with the original photographer we wanted to hire! Another reason why we were drawn to Hino - we admired the first guy's work and loved Hino's just as much...go figure, it's because they shoot together and have the same artistic eye!

Fast forward a year to our wedding. Hino was extremely responsive and very communicative as we got closer to the big day. Not only did he talk to my wedding planner but he also took the extra step to talk to me directly a few days beforehand to make sure he heard from me exactly what kind of pictures we wanted. On the day of, he and Christa showed up right on time and got straight to work. It was a slight paparazzi-fest that day - one of my bridesmaids had an SLR, so did my makeup artist, plus we had two or three videographers floating around as well! Hino and Christa did not miss a beat, floating between the bridal suite, the groom's suite, and even sneaking down to the ceremony room too! Between all the chaos - Hino was shooting one-handed, with pretty much only his trigger finger! He got hurt in a sporting accident a few weeks prior and was a total soldier. We were running incredibly behind in the bridal suite (typical) but he was still able to squeeze in as many pictures as he could for our first look and after the ceremony. Although we weren't able to get a ton, we zipped through as many posed family/bridal party pics as fast as we could (and even ran away from my wedding planner at one point so we could sneak in a few more!) and he and Christa got wonderful, emotional, pictures throughout the rest of the night that really captured the feeling of the whole day.

His turnaround time on the editing was also very good - he ended up taking and giving us so many pictures, he apologized for being "late!" I was thinking that we wouldn't have the pictures back until August, so getting them last week was awesome. I look at the pictures almost every day online and am still amazed at the quality of work we were lucky enough to have from him. I know I wrote a book, but I needed to in order to express how awesome Hino is. I will definitely not hesitate to recommend him or give a reference - you can't go wrong with him!

• Wedding: 05/29/2011

INCREDIBLE VALUE, AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY

Hino photographed my wedding in Houston, Texas and he did a bang up job. My wedding was mostly a DIY affair and I was so pleased that Hino captured all the many small details that went into my MONTHS of projects. The candid portraiture of the ceremony--the guests, my husband, myself--was really beautiful as it captured the moments just as they occurred; the surprises, the tears, the unbridled bouts of smiling so much your face hurt--he got them all.

I cannot recommend Hino highly enough. In fact, I posted a selection of pictures on my personal blog in hopes of sharing his tremendous work.

Oh and one more thing: he shot my wedding one-handed! Hino injured his right hand in a football injury last spring. Despite he was working with a casted hand, he still took incredible photos and had editing done in a very fast manner.

A +++

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino was incredibly easy to work with. He was always available by phone or email if I had any questions, and helped me organize my day; fitting all the photographs we wanted to take on our wedding day.
When he arrived at the hotel the day of the wedding his calm nature put me at ease, and his assistant Jessica, was a joy to work with as well.
Hino also kept his word on how long it would be to receive the final photos.
I highly recommend him to any bride looking for a professional, nice photographer who takes amazing photos.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is an amazing photographer! We couldn't have been any happier with him as our wedding day photographer. He is a pleasure to work with and has a great eye for capturing beautiful pictures. He is very sweet and you can tell how passionate he is about is work-- the man literally gave me the shirt off his back so I could sit down and not ruin my dress for a picture. I've only had a sneak peak at one photo so far and it's already my favorite picture ever, can't wait to see the rest :) We most definitely recommend Hino to anyone!

• Wedding: 05/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the initial meeting with Hino, through follow up calls and emails, to the actual wedding day, and (of course) the photos--we were extremely happy with Hino every step of the way. Hino is a talented photographer who along with Alan (fabulous 2nd photographer) managed to capture the joy, beauty and emotion of our wedding day. Hino listens to what you'd like and then is creative enough to deliver beautiful images. We found Hino to be responsive, flexible, reliable, calm, funny--a true professional. If you are lucky enough to book him for your special day, you will not be disappointed. His work is just super.

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best photographer. Ever. So creative, great quality of work. He was also such a professional and great personality to have with us on our wedding day. My husband and I will recommend him to anyone and everyone!

• Wedding: 02/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not be happier with Hino, even our guests commented on how great he was! He was professional, always returned my emails/phone calls right away, enthusiastic, on time... I can't say enough about how great he (and the additional shooter) was to work with. Our photographs turned out AMAZING and the entire experience from start to finish was flawless!

We have already recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so!

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hino is awesome! He was very easy to work with, professional, and talented. I would definitely recommend him for any occassion. Hino is energetic, creative with a photojournalistic style, and has the ability to capture priceless moments so beatifully. My family and friends were all impressed with our engagement and wedding pictures.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having studied Hino’s portfolio against others, I’d always had full confidence that I won’t be disappointed in his photos. Hino is the sweetest person ever, and working with him was a joy. When I first met him in the winter, he was so quiet and nice that it seemed timid. I only had a small concern that he might not be as assertive enough to battle my large family and long list of formals. However, on the day itself, he totally crushed any concerns and rocked it with the formals! And because he was so sweet and non-abrasive in personality, my family and friends really took to him, which was just SO great. I really, sincerely enjoyed working with him. He even called me the morning of the wedding just to congratulate me, and I appreciate his professionalism and not losing sight of the fact that it was a very big day for me as the bride, as some vendors in the wedding industry have sadly begun to do. Brian, his second shooter, was also really sweet and easy to work with! The photos were gorgeous, and very quick in delivery of the high definition images, as well as my awesome three 8x12 prints. I am totally happy with Hino and Bryan’s work, and would definitely recommend going with Hino B Photography.

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
703-499-0085
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards