Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Favorite
Melville, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.9
3.1
Flexibility
3.4
3.7

WE had our wedding in the Savoy room and it was great for our needs Ceremony Downstairs, cocktail hour Upstairs while they change the main level to Reception time. Food was plentiful and great. Susuan who worked with us from begining to end was great she understood what I wanted and made sure it happened. I hear she noticed the Cake was a little off in the decorations and she got the Bakery back to correct the problem and when I saw it I had my dream cake. Rooms were nice and my guest had no complaint with the facility. This is why I had it hear as I had 25 out of town guest and did not want them trying to drive all over the island.

My only complaint is that the Hotels support staff needs to be replaced. There are theives among them. A cell Phone was left under the seat during ceremony and in less that thirty min we went looking and no body saw the phone?? Then the bathroom toilitries I had placed for my guest use were taken by the staff and until we made a fuss all that was returned was our signs and empty baskets ( $150.00 worth of products). It really put a damper on the party to know we were being ripped off. I would do it again but watch that support staff like a hawk. I am sure its just one person but management is not watching their staff enough if this could happen.

The Social Catering Manager Susan and her staff were a pleasure to work with and she just know what is needed and how to keep this a seamless wedding.. The Hotel support staff well, you have been warned.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.2

I reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton Long Island for my June 2011 wedding, and after some back-and-forth rate negotiation, received a rate that I thought was reasonable for the area and the time of year. We did not really get a discount for having a block of rooms, as one of my guests found the same rate on Expedia. It was a bit confusing to set-up the block because I received conflicting information on the number of rooms I could block without charge. When we finally had it settled, I noticed online that my guests were being charged a rate higher than the one on my contract, so I had to call and have the rate adjusted for those and future bookings. Despite logistical hassles, I did not hear any negative feedback from guests regarding the hotel. It is in a convenient location, and has great amenities like indoor/outdoor pools, bars/restaurants, etc., which made it an ideal hotel for my out-of-town guests. They also gladly put welcome bags in our guests' hotel rooms. I stayed in a bridal suite at the Hilton Long Island as well, and although I do not have complaints about the actual room, it was pretty much on ground level, so we weren't really able to open up the curtains for natural light without people outside seeing in. We received a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries on our wedding night, and also complimentary breakfast the next morning, which was nice. Overall, Hilton Long Island does the trick - just don't expect it to be a perfect experience start to finish.

0.6

This is one of the most poorly run hotels I have ever had to deal with. While the hotel is fairly nice looking, it is run by incompetent MORONS.

While dealing with them they went through over 4 event coordinators (that I know of), and each one of them told me completely different things. I was lied to repeatedly - and it didn't seem to bother anyone. I guess when the turnover rate is so high it doesn't matter what you tell your clients. The most recent EC didn't even bother responding to any of my messages - I had to have my husband call up, and miraculously she responded to him immediately - every single time.

My in laws and a number of guests also had problems with the HH upon their arrival - check-in problems, rate issues, rooms were filthy - you name it. It was pretty embarassing considering that this is supposed to be one of the more upscale hotels on L.I.

What really sealed the deal for me was that they couldn't even handle distrubuting our out of town boxes. They "forgot" to give them to 3/4 of our guests - I had to speak to the people at the front desk three times before they finally sent out a voicemail to all the guests in my room block, telling them to pick up their boxes downstairs. Unfortunately not everyone noticed the blinking light on the phone, and a number of my guests ended up missing the shuttle to the reception hall (the bus schedule was in the OOT boxes).

I ended up filing a formal complaint with the Hilton headquarters, but unfortunately that was a joke as well. Headquarters basically forwarded my complaint to the manager and events coordinator at the Huntington Hilton, and they ignored it.

I do not recommend blocking rooms off here unless you are a sadist

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

We used the hotel to have guests stay at. Their services were amazing and we even got a free room to because we booked so many rooms with them.