Hill Country Cupcake

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Hill Country Cupcakes was incredibly flexible with the specific desires for cupcake decor we wanted. The cupcakes turned out beautifully and were absolutely delicious. Hill Country Cupcakes was willing to cater to our unique needs and was quick and professional in the process. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Best cupcakes in the world and a wonderful mother-daughter duo! They were so friendly and easy to communicate with. We had a last minute request to make special cupcakes for the flower girl and ring bearer and they graciously followed through. We were beyond happy with the set up and everything they did. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Hill Country Cupcakes!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Best mother/ daughter team EVER!
Katie and Shelley made our wedding so easy and personalized.
Our guests complimented our cupcakes all night!
Many of them went back for seconds...
We chose the wedding cake, german chocolate, swirl with choc chips, and the BEST STRAWBERRY!!
We also had a small cutting cake on the top tier of the cupcake stand that was incredible!
They made it so easy and delicious!
They delivered and everything!
Thank you Hill Country Cupcake!

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

We received so many compliments on these cupcakes--they were delicious and beautifully decorated!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were fantastic! So sweet. So helpful. So willing to make our day perfect! They were the best!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cupcakes were wonderful, everyone raved about them! Wide variety of flavors, beautiful decoration. Would eat these everyday!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes were absolutely the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten. I met Katie at the Bridal Extravaganza here in Austin in January 2012. They had samples out and I tasted them and was so impressed. Not only did the taste impress me, but Katie and her mother, Sheila, were so kind and seemed genuinely happy to answer questions about their services. I had always known I'd wanted cupcakes instead of a traditional cake and so this just seemed like the perfect fit for us.
We set up an appointment and met with Katie and Sheila to discuss prices and dates, etc. We got to select 4 (of their MANY) flavors to try that day. We were so impressed by everything we tasted. But when we later on wanted to taste more to find just the right mix of flavors, they were completely willing to let us do that. They had a box of flavors for us ready to taste at the Farmer's Market. Needless to say, every single flavor we tried was delicious. We narrowed it down to our 3 favorites though for the wedding - tres leches, triple berry cobbler, and s'mores. They also have different display options to choose from. We went with a traditional multi-tiered set-up as the "bride's cakes" and some vintage boxes to set up as the "groom's cake". We ordered some extra flowers from the florist and had a few extra things we wanted on the table, and they completely set all of it up. It looked AMAZING. I am so grateful for the ladies of Hill Country Cupcake. They are so kind and easy to work with, not to mention they have really good value. You will be so happy if you choose them to make your cupcakes for your wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Working with Hill Country Cupcakes was such a pleasure! Our cupcakes were absolutely DELICIOUS! The cupcake display was gorgeous. We got so many compliments! We highly recommend Hill Country Cupcakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our cupcakes. The ladies at hill country cupcakes went out of their way to make sure we chose the flavors we wanted our guests to enjoy as well as providing decorating ideas to fit our feather and crystal theme. They also worked with our modest budget and definitely provide a moist flavorful cupcake at a great price. The cupcake set up on the day of our wedding was beautiful and exactly what we wanted.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I've been to plenty of weddings and eaten plenty of bland, stale wedding cake covered in fondant. I knew we didn't want that, and I knew our guests wouldn't either!

We went on the hunt for a proper cupcake option. We tried several in Austin, including some who had well known stores. They too were dry and not very appealing. Then we gave Hill County Cupcake a call. And I am so glad that we did! When we met with Katie and her Mom, they were both so amazingly sweet. They loved the idea for our wedding, and were so happy to be a part of it. I really felt like they cared about us and our idea. And I loved that instead of having one boring flavor of cake, we were able to select 10 AMAZING flavors!

These are not your ordinary cupcakes. They are EXTREMELY moist and delicious. Katie knows how to bring both flavor and pizzazz to her cupcakes, because I made sure we ordered extra, so I would be able to enjoy them well after our wedding, they are that good. She also gave us great ideas for decorating them! We ended up going with this beautiful white parchment paper and black ribbon, fitting in with our black and white theme beautifully. She was so kind as well to provide a gorgeous cupcake stand for the event, and even made us this amazing special cake for the top to cut for our event.

If you don't give Katie and Hill County Cupcake a call, you are doing yourself a disservice. Their cupcakes are out of this world. We even had guests who don't like cupcakes tell us that they had more than 1 because they were so good. And if you've had one of her cupcakes, that's saying something, because these are not your standard cupcakes. No, they are big and rich! You can tell that in addition to using fresh and natural ingredients that she puts a little bit of love into each and every one. I know she's got me hooked, because I plan on placing another order after I finish writing this review!

4.7

Mother daughter team, loved our cupcakes, changed the number on them a few times. Pretty cupcake holders were pretty pricey. Not the best cake ever, but yummy.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We totally loved the cupcakes and the small cake they made for us to cut and save. Everyone loved the idea and it was great that they had four different options to choose between. The really great part was that they were able to also make gluten free cupcakes since I had a few guests that can only have gluten free. Also, they did an amazing job setting up the cupcakes on their stand and using the flowers that we provided to add some extra touch.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Hill Country Cupcake is an absolute dream to work with!! Not only are their cupcakes out of this world, but their flexibility and quality of service are off the charts.

Our wedding guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful the display was and how delicious each cupcake tasted.

Thank you Katie and Shella for being so wonderful!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Katie and Shella are amazing. I see them at every wedding show I work and I recommend them to everyone I know for any occasion. All of my guests LOVED the cupcakes, and we even picked some up at the farmers market for our anniversary to enjoy it again. I love that she makes everything from scratch and uses as many organic ingredients as she can, and she also offers options for dietary restrictions.