High Definition Video

High Definition Video

Timeless Wedding Films that leave a legacy of lives well lived.

PO Box 303208
St Thomas, VI 00801 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: Ceremony, Edited Video, High Definition Video, Invit...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris did a beautiful job putting together our wedding film. He also sent a second dvd with the "raw footage" of our entire ceremony, our first dance, our dances with our parents, and the toast. My husband initially didn't think we should spend the money on a videographer but now we both agree - it was 100% worth it. Thank you, High Definition Video, for giving us a fantastic way for us to enjoy our wedding day memories for years to come!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Initially we weren't going to hire a videographer, partly financial and partly as I was hesitant, thinking we weren't as photogenic as I would have liked considering we'd be capturing us "forever"! Just two weeks before our wedding we came upon some unexpected money and suddenly we felt we just HAD to see if we could make it happen. Our wedding photographer recommended Mike and Connie and let me just say it was one of the BEST decisions we made throughout our entire wedding planning process! Seeing us after, I am SOOO glad we did it! THANKS MIKE & TEAM!

We're four days from our 1st anniversary and there isn't a weekend that goes by that I don't want to pull out our wedding video and relive those precious hours over and over again (compacted into about 90 amazing minutes), including Mike in the water with us capturing our sea turtle snorkel!!! Thankfully we also have a "highlights" video that I really CAN pull up in the blink of an eye to get a quick "dream island wedding fix" and save the longer edited video for those days when we've got more time.

Mike and his partner were great to work with, and Connie did a wonderful job editing the footage with music we selected. She also came up with a terrific song for our short video we didn't know but which is SO perfect. I wish I had known two things early on, though. One, that our guests would be asked to say something on camera so we could prepare them (I just hadn't thought about it!). And two, we were hoping to capture the performances on video by our guitarist and steel pan player because we knew we'd likely be too busy. Due to the soundtrack of our video (which we love) we still wouldn't be able to hear them play. We do have the raw video footage, it's just not in our edited version, so just make sure they know if it's a big deal to you.

All-in-all, we are so thankful we had the opportunity to work with them and think our finished videos are AMAZING!

• Wedding: 02/19/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

High Definition Video did a remarkable job filming our wedding. Mike and Connie are truly professionals - they know how to get the shots and how to edit it into a spectacular production. We wanted to have something to show all of our family that couldn't make our destination wedding, and we were excited to find a videographer who could make it more exciting than a traditional wedding video. Mike and Connie were able to get us a video short in less than 2 weeks so we could show it at our reception home. It was phenomenal - our friends and family said it looked like a music video! We're so happy with the short and excited to see what our full DVD looks like.

UPDATE: We received our full DVD and it was amazing! The quality was just as good as the short but much longer. Worth every penny!

• Wedding: 02/08/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had Mike from High Def great person to work with, Mike and my husband had a great rapture. He made us feel comfortable and it was like he was not there but he was.

I didn't receive the video as of yet but when I do I will let you know how it came out.

Mike was great to work with, thanks Mike for being a part of our day!

• Wedding: 04/02/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had high expectations about what Mike and Connie could offer, but I have to say that the finished product was even better than expected!! Mike's a true professional and you can tell that he has a real passion for what he does--which makes him go the extra mile to capture each and every moment on your special day (I will always remember him climbing up a coconut tree with his bare feet just so that he could capture the perfect shot). We felt very lucky to have such a talented couple working with us in the Virgin Islands.

• Wedding: 12/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Connie were an absolute pleasure to work with! Mike has a very calm and laid back personality which is very soothing on a day when everything else seems to be stressful and everyone is pulling you in a million different directions. He was very flexible and professional during the entire event when working with other vendors and demanding family members. After the ceremony, he captured the sunset and us perfectly with a few different camera angles. They mailed out the Dvds very quickly, and were very accomodating with a request to change a song in the background. They then sent out the new Dvds very quickly as well.
Connie did an amazing job putting together the video. She was able to put it together like a storybook, capturing all of the meaningful moments in a great sequence. Their video is the perfect memento from a dream wedding, and we will always cherish it!

• Wedding: 11/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A wedding video is one of those items that brides often times debat about their "value" -- DO NOT let this happen to you! Mike and Connie from High Def Videos did such an amazing job capturing our special day. The little extra's they added at the beginning and end were a nice touch. (Since we came in on a cruise, they had our shipping leaving port that evening). Our expectations were far exceeded and I would definitely recommend using their services!

• Wedding: 07/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Almost a straight week of rain provided the backdrop to our eloping to St. Thomas. We had the perfect plan for our wedding ceremony but the weather was not going to allow it, so we had to move under cover. Mike did an amazing job providing ideas for how to make our rainy wedding day still look beautiful on video. It was a huge success! Mike helped put us at ease over the rainy day and helped keep the atmosphere fun with his sense of humor and easy-going personality.
Mike and Connie did an amazing job in the post-production process of our wedding video. I can't say enough about their professionalism and persistence even in getting the video to us ahead of schedule (with multiple power outages in their office due to all the storms they've had this summer!) so that we could share it with our families who couldn't be in St. Thomas with us. If there is even a doubt in your mind if spending the money on the video willl be worth it - lay those doubts to rest. The experience, the finished product and the memories they help to preserve are more than worth it!
- A Happy Groom

• Wedding: 07/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy I booked with High Definition Video and my weeks of researching and reading countless boards and reviews to find the perfect videographer paid off! Mike and Connie have AMAZING talent! They pulled everything last minute for me (with only a week's notice!) and delivered the final product in super speed time! They made us feel very comfortable and we had a lot of fun working with them! They also worked really well with the other vendors and was able to come up with a video that made all our friends and family say that it was the best wedding event video they have ever seen! *^_^* I wish they lived in Seattle so we can book them for future events!

• Wedding: 06/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did such a great job! The footage on the site speaks for itself! Their work will allow me to cherish my day forever. Excellent work!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! What an amazing team, Mike on camera and Connie in post production! They created a piece of art that will be cherished for years to come. Professional, engaging, and fun to work with. The quality of the end product was superior. 5 Stars!

• Wedding: 05/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great experience with Mike and Connie. Mike captured amazing video, still shots, and time-lapse footage. He encouraged us to be ourselves and just went with our flow. Connie did an excellent job editing the footage and meshing it with music. Together they produced a video that showcased our personalities. The end product is something that we will cherish for years.

Sometimes the little things are the big things. Thank you for understanding that!

Forever thankful,
Chris O'Malley and Hubby

• Wedding: 04/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved working with Mike from High Definition Video! He was a breeze to work with, very personable, did fantastic work and we were extremely pleased with the results. Months later, he was even able to hook me up with an HD version of our video on Blu-ray Disc. Loved the panning video, angles and video clips that he captured for us on our wedding day. Mike is a true professional who knows his stuff and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for your videography needs.

• Wedding: 04/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just received our wedding DVD today and couldn't be happier! Mike was professional and great to work with. The DVD is artistic and an accurate representation of our wedding day. You can book Hi Def Video with confidence that it will be some of the best money you spend on your wedding day. Fast turnaround too!

• Wedding: 03/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was very personable and did fantastic work. I loved the panning video and high def shots of the bubbling champagne he captured for us. I was amazed at his ability to really capture the special moments and romantic looks between me and my husband. Watching the video really takes us both back to OUR day.

We wavered on whether to hire a videographer. I am so glad that we did, it was worth every penny. They went out of their way to finish the editing to have our video ready and mailed to us for our party back home. The video arranged 1 week early. Great Service. If you are having your wedding in the virgin islands you HAVE to use them.

• Wedding: 03/29/2011
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Couldn't rate too much on quality of services etc. because I havn't gotten anything from them!!!!

So, our wedding was in February and we still haven't gotten our video. When attempting to contact them about this they were non-responsive by email and when I called I was TOLD TO SEND AN EMAIL!! I did as I was asked and days later had a response to my email that the video would be sent out the following day and the tracking number would be emailed to me as soon as it was available. A week and a half and another email later, I have heard absolutely nothing!!!!! Mike didn't even shoot the wedding and didn't return my phone call before the wedding. I was surprised when it was his wife who showed up and shot the wedding.

I am very surprised to have had this terrible of an experience given all of the wonderful things I read about Mike. Good luck!

High Definition Video responded with the following comments:

There is always one that individual will berate a product for arriving broken in the mail.

Please note this person didn't review our product, only the perceived lack of email response, and presuppositions about Connie's ability. We have not heard back since delivering the film, ahead of schedule, likely because it was awesome and Kathryn was embarrassed to say so.

I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate, as we do at the end of every event, that it usually takes 6-8 weeks to receive the finished film.

We want to thank all of our happy couples their family and friends who have taken the time to write reviews about our wedding films!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
340-777-1000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards