Higgins Hall

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pros: They were willing to change our booking date without charging us if our maid of honor could not get leave from the Navy. The rate was very reasonable.

Cons: The day of the wedding my wife showed up at 10 (our ceremony was at 3 pm). The worker she talked to refused to let her in or even call the hall director and get permission for entry even though my wife was in tears. I had to call my caterer and get the hall director's cell phone number in order to get my wife into the building. If you're planning a summer wedding bring extra fans because it will get hot - air conditioning was not turned on until right before the ceremony.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Higgins Hall is a beautiful venue for a wedding! We chose the Michael room, which is a smaller room with the wall partitioned in the grand hall. I loved the beautiful molding on the walls and how the whole hall is hard wood floors. The large windows in the back of the room look out to a cute patio and a little reflection pond. It really is a very romantic setting. Danah is the event coordinator there. She stays busy with events from the school on site and others who rent the venue, so sometimes it may take a few days to hear from her. I could recommend email over phone call! However, she is very thorough with her emails and tries to answer all questions and concerns. She is flexible with meeting times and will even allow you to peak in on the set up of an event before it starts. She is very accommodating and works with you to set up a floor plan. The wedding reception was so beautiful! I really can't wait to see all of the pictures. I believe that Higgins Hall was the perfect reception site for my elegant wedding!

• Wedding: 01/26/2013
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My husband and I are parishioners at St Lawrence, so we wanted the ceremony and reception at one place since most of our guests were from out of town. Higgins Hall is great. Danah provides you with a list of preferred vendors (and they know the ins and outs of Higgins Hall like the back of their hand which is very helpful when planning a wedding all on your own). Sometimes it was hard to get in touch with her. But then again, she is the ONLY event coordinator. Reasonably priced. Danah was there of my event and made sure it ran smoothly, thank goodness!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Higgins hall is beautiful! We used the Michael room, the hall was set up just like we spoke and Danah was on the ball the day of the event

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were able to do everything that we needed for the reception with the help of Danah at Higgins Hall! She was always very responsive and helped us with whatever we needed. She definitely made planning the reception much easier :)

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Higgins Hall was absolutely wonderful for our wedding reception. Danah was amazing and took care of all of our needs, everything was set up how we wanted it and it was beautiful. I don't have a single complaint about Higgins Hall and would recommend it to anyone for their wedding reception!!

• Wedding: 03/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Would not have had my wedding anywhere else. Gorgeous facility and it was transformed into an elegant New York City!

• Wedding: 08/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Higgins Hall was absolutely perfect for my wedding reception. The staff was very easy to work with and I thought that everything went perfectly. The hall has just recently been redone. It used to be a mauve/pink color. It is now much more neutral and more appropriate for weddings. The floors, hallways, and bathrooms have all been redone as well. Everyone kept commenting on what a gorgeous hall we used. The best part was that you can rent out the rooms of the hall separately. We used all three rooms and I loved how large the hall was. But, if you were having a smaller wedding you could also have just rented one or two of the smaller rooms. I can't not say enough good things about this wonderful venue and I would recommend Higgins Hall to anyone!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm not going to lie....Al is kind of tough to get a hold of so your best bet is to always go in person if possible. However, we were extremely happy with everything! They were incredibly flexible with us! The hall was absolutely gorgeous! This venue does have an approved liquor and food caterer vendor list, so check it before you book it! However, you can request that a vendor be added and they will review your request and decide if that is possible. This hall is gorgeous!

• Wedding: 02/20/2010