Henderson Beach State Park

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Everyone at Henderson Beach was amazing. We booked sight unseen, and were NOT disappointed. The day before the wedding we went to go see where our wedding would be held and told them this, and they didn't charge us to go spend the day there. It was very clean. The area where our wedding was held was away from other people, and was very private, even though it was located at a state park. The staff was very friendly, and the ranger kept their distance although while doing her job... They didn't give anyone problems getting in, and there was plenty of space so that no one was crowded in the pavilion we held our reception in.
Wedding: 06/28/2013
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ok. I reserved my beach area and pavilion one year in advance. The day of my wedding, my decorators and my caterers were told I had no reservation, no pavilion, and for us it was a "first come, first serve" situation. I tried calling Carolyn, the person I've conversed with the entire time, but she was off that day. One of her office staff members repeated to me what they told my people at the park. YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR A RESERVATION therefore YOU DON'T HAVE A SPACE. I live in Bham Al. There is NO WAY I would travel all the way to Destin, FL and not have a reservation! I told them to find Carolyn NOW!!! The office staff member hung up in my face. Now I'm crying! My wedding was suppose to begin @ 3pm. Its now 3:45pm. After several calls and no answer, I finally get someone. At this point I had to make a threat...If my wedding don't happen at henderson beach state park as I paid for, I am going to sue the sh*t out of yall....magically they found my reservation and Carolyn's number. It's now 4:25pm and now we're allowed onto my prepaid pavilion to decorate. The Carolyn I had been speaking with before my wedding date was not the Carolyn I was speaking to the day of my wedding. She was short, aggravated, unapologetic and withdrawn. In addition to that, Carolyn told me that if we were gone by 9pm, $100 would be returned. We were gone by 9pm and I contacted Carolyn the next day for my money. She tried everything to not return it to me. BUT in the end, I won the argument and my money was returned. The space and the beach was beautiful, but the headache and confusion of the park was so not worth the money.
Wedding: 04/13/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Rona 5 Reviews
Pavilion F at Henderson Beach was a perfect location for our day! It was at the end of all the pavilions so it felt remote and secluded and perfectly private! And the pavilion turned out beautifully when it was decorated. It was a great choice for a great day!
Wedding: 05/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Breathtaking and plenty of parking.... Highly recommended.
Wedding: 01/01/2011

Cynthia 5 Reviews
We had our beach wedding on 10-10 at 10am so we went the night before and took sunset pictures. We arrived a little early the morning of the ceremony to pick out site, which was no problem at all. This area of the beach has sea oats and dunes and very little commercial bulildings are visible, so it made for great pictures.
Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We booked our wedding through Barefoot Weddings in Fort Walton Beach and chose Henderson Beach State Park. Our wedding was a 7pm start and there was no one on the beach, and the company we booked through had the beach area cleaned up and ready to go an hour prior. All in all, great location.
Wedding: 07/24/2010
3.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Carolyn at Henderson State Park was wonderful to work with. She responded promptly to my phone calls and emails, and answered my many questions patiently! The contract was clear and easy to understand. The guests and other vendors coming into the park for our wedding/reception were treated with kindness and respect. What better scenery than the beach? :)
Wedding: 07/10/2010
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Michelle 5 Reviews
The park is beautiful. At 6pm there ended up being still a lot of beach goers on the beach so we had a lot of spectators nevertheless all were respectfull and moved prior to the ceremony to watch from a distance. The day was beautiful and just as imagined. The friends of the park were easy to work with and I got my deposit back with no problem.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Overall, everything was great! We wanted a low key outside venue that allowed us to have our own alcohol. Thankfully, we did not have any rain issues, but that is something to consider when booking as there are no other options. If you want a low key venue, this is the place to choose. You cannot set up a tent on the beach and there are other rules because it is a state park, so definitely ask important questions before booking!

Another thing to consider before booking this venue is that you have to rent additional time for set up. Also, there are no planners or staff, so everything is do it yourself. We ended up paying people to help us set up so that no family or friends had to help! All of those little things add up in overall costs, so this venue is best for small gatherings. It was a beautiful though and we had a great time!
Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For an economic option for a beach wedding, this is the place. Its a public state park, but you can rent a shelter for your rection, and they close that shelter for your time period, and it comes with restrooms. Entrance fees to the park are reasonable, and its a beautiful location. They book many weddings there a year, so they are accustomed to wedding traffic, and are very flexible with you and your guest. You cant have alcohol unless you pay extra, but it is clean, and welcoming.
Wedding: 03/25/2006