HEB

4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Getting flowers at HEB Blooms was SO much cheaper than going to a normal florist. They had a wide selection, and you simply cannot beat the price. They were also very polite and helpful when it came to planning, and anytime I had a question, they were happy to help me. I would recommend HEB Blooms to all brides, or anyone that needs flowers for an occasion.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

HEB Blooms was wonderful. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on flowers, and they worked with me to stay well within my budget. The result was gorgeous. This particular location (HEB at Bee Caves and 71) was even cheaper than the other HEB locations in Austin. I wanted very simple flowers, baby's breath for the table centerpieces, and large urns with baby's breath for the altar. They turned out beautifully! Also, my bouquet turned out beautifully as well. I had an in-person meeting with Vanessa at Blooms, and showed her pictures of what I was thinking. The end product turned out exactly as I had envisioned. I would highly recommend using this vendor. They are still trying to establish themselves as a wedding vendor, so you can get a very good deal, but without sacrificing the end product.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The bridesmaid's bouquets were beautiful. The bridal bouquet had the gardenias hot glued in it!!! Some of the flowers were a little on sad side. I had to rework it myself. Flowers for the table were nice and very fresh.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User

AMAZING FLOWERS!
Beautiful bouquets and boutinieres!
SO Affordable

• Wedding: 03/02/2013
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I went into HEB Four Points in Austin, TX and talked to the florist. We talked about different options and finally settled on an option that was cheap but which I thought would look good. On the day of the wedding, the bridal and bridesmaids bouquets did not look at all what i thought they would look like. they were a bit ugly. the bridesmaids bouquests were actually bigger than the the bridal bouquet. the boutonierres, however, turned out really good.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Susan & Johnny
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vanessa, the floral manager at HEB Blooms-Bee Cave, is so great!! She worked with my budget (which was tiny), was super friendly and made BEAUTIFUL arrangements for my slightly different color palette. This is the place to go for flowers no matter what! My mom cried in the store when we picked them up because they just rounded out the whole wedding feel so well and looked so pretty and happy! Email Vanessa to set something up ASAP. She really was awesome!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Adrienne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used the Annaville HEB store number 5 in Corpus Christi, TX. I was blown away!!! All of my flowers were not only absolutely beautiful but at a cost anyone could afford. Every bouquet looked like it came from the most extravagent florist in south Texas! Susan was amazing! I had no idea what I wanted and vague pictures. She took it and ran, making mountains out of mole hills. Thank you so much Susan!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful flowers - better than expected - at a price less than I could have done by doing the arrangements myself. Christy (at the I-35 Parmer store) was very professional and willing to make changes. Great work!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I planned my wedding in just one week! I walked in 3 days before the actual wedding day, purchased the flowers and ordered a lovely bouquet. They were quick, easy to work with and had LOVELY work for a wonderful price!

• Wedding: 04/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christy at the HEB at Parmer did such an amazing job with our flowers at a very affordable price. The altar especially looked amazing and I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding!

• Wedding: 03/17/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was skeptical to get my flowers at a grocery store but had heard from other brides how great it turned out. My flowers were GORGEOUS and lasted over a week after the wedding. The prices were very reasonable and they even went the extra mile and gave me some extras. Our wedding day was pretty windy, so to help weigh down the centerpieces, they added rocks (free of charge). It was the perfect touch and helped a ton. For the price and value- I would make the same decision again.

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our florists, Bridget, Susan and Lucia, are at the HEB at Anderson Mill and 620. Bridget and I sat down and I told her a VERY vague description of the look we were going for. She had me look at some photos of flowers and pick out a few that I liked. This was the hardest part of the wedding for me because I felt so overwhelmed with all the different options. I went back a week later to look at a mock bouquet and centerpiece they had put together for me and as soon as I saw what she had created from my jumble of thoughts, I literally teared up. They had made the most beautiful bouquet and arrangement I had ever seen. She took my idea and made it 100 times better than I could have ever envisioned. The day of the wedding, the girls arrived and worked their magic and created a beautiful setting. Bridget, Susan, and Lucia are artists and went above and beyond and I highly recommend using them!

• Wedding: 03/02/2012
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

This review is for the HEB Blooms Department off Mopac & Slaughter Ln in Austin:

I was thoroughly disappointed in my flower experience with HEB. I was first put in touch with a guy in the department, I had one meeting with him, and then he disappeared! He was supposed to have a mock-ups meeting with me, and on the day of my appointment, he didn't show, and had someone else in the department help me. And I don't think she knew why I was there, because they only had a few basic flowers there; not enough to show me how my bouquet would look. The girl I worked with from then on out tried to give me an idea of what my bouquet would look like based off what she had to work with, and from there we developed my floral plan.

When she emailed me my invoice, SO MUCH of it was WRONG! I had to correct several mistakes and send it back to her, and she even admitted that she got it so wrong. We finally came to an agreement on the correct invoice and order, and I confirmed with her closer to my bridal portrait date that my bouquet would be ready for me to pick up.

When I got there, there was no one in the Blooms department, and a bouquet sitting in a vase on the counter. I had no idea if it was mine; it didn't LOOK like mine because so much was missing from what we had talked about! When we finally FOUND someone to help us, it wasn't the girl I'd been talking to the whole time; no, SHE threw my bouquet together and LEFT! She left it up to another (sweet) girl to try and help me get my bouquet to what it SHOULD have been. In a quick fix, she had to stick an ugly flower that was the color I wanted in my bouquet just so it didn't look so bland. And the mistake made me late for my hair and makeup appointment, and put undue stress on me.

When I got home that day I wrote an angry email to the girl who was my contact, saying that up until then I had let their mess-ups slide, but the mistakes on my bridal bouquet were unacceptable! She had the email literally in front of her while doing my bouquet and there were two very important flowers missing. I told her it was unacceptable to not be there when I picked it up, to make someone else fix her mistake, and if there HAD been a problem with the flowers coming in, she should have called me. I told her obviously I wasn't paying for my bridal bouquet, and that no matter WHAT we needed to do, she needed to guarantee me that ALL my flowers on the day-of would be correct.

Her response was acceptable; she was humble, made no excuses, and apologized for causing me more stress. She tried to offer an explanation, but admitted her mistakes. She assured me that the day-of, my flowers would be 100% correct and offered to set up a meeting with me 2 days before my wedding so I could check out the flowers for myself. She also comp'ed the cost of my bridal portrait bouquet as well as my day-of bouquet as an extra "I'm sorry", which I appreciated.

I met with her 2 days before my wedding, and all my flowers were there, and we triple-checked everything. On the day-of, my bouquet looked correct, and all the other flowers were correct. My only complaint about the day-of flowers is that the hydrangeas got very droopy by the reception time, which was something the girl told me could happen since she had to order the flowers in advance. They were the base of all our bouquets, so that would have been helpful to know WAY in the beginning. Otherwise, all the flowers, petals, and centerpieces were correct.

The girl I worked with told me they'd be scaling back on the wedding side of the Blooms department to figure out their processes to make sure errors like what happened to me didn't happen again. I chose them because they were listed as a "preferred vendor" from my venue, so I trusted that their work would be great quality. In the end, my day-of flowers were correct, and I saved money off their mistakes; but none of those mistakes should have happened! They were not professional, were not diligent to double-check things, and didn't care about their customer. Although I supposed their prices were competitive, I would NOT recommend this specific HEB Blooms location to ANYONE getting married. It's not worth the stress of wondering if they'll get your flowers right!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My flowers were so perfect from HEB (620 and Anderson Mill). The centerpieces and bouquets were beautiful. They looked as though they cost tons of money and were from some fancy florist but they were a reasonible cost (cheapest I could find) and it was HEB. They were so easy to work with!!!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After visiting the Bridal Extravaganza and seeing HEB's beautiful booth my daughter and I decided to use them as our florists. Let me say we were beyond happy! We met with Bridget and she had so many great ideas. The flowers were BEAUTIFUL! When I walked in and saw the room decorated I had tears in my eyes. We had the biggest, most beautiful gerber daisy's I had ever seen. The wreaths they made for the doors and for our arbor were gorgeous. No one could believe we had used HEB but Bridget and Susan do wonderful work and are so great to work with not to mention have very reasonable prices.

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got all our flowers from the HEB Blooms in Westlake from Sara. She made all the bouquets, corsages, etc. and they all looked great! We went with wildflowers and they all looked really great and natural. We purchased the wildflower bouquets that HEB sells to break apart to make our centerpieces and other decorative features, and everything really turned out great. We were really pleased.

• Wedding: 04/23/2011