Hawkesdene

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My wife Sofia and I had the wedding of our dreams at Hawkesdene. We found the venue on VRBO.com and thought there was no way it could be this beautiful -- upon visiting, we found that the pictures in fact did not do justice to just how outstanding it is. Beyond the five-star quality facilities (and large natural estate with river, mountain, and animals), the hotel-grade staff and service greatly exceeded our expectations. We had the fortune that the owners Rob and Phil were on-site during our wedding. They are smart, supportive, and incredibly kind.

Before the wedding, we spent a few days at the Hawkesview cottages, located just off the main site. This was brilliant because the cottages are luxurious (as are all other Hawkesdene accommodations) and we had wonderful family time. For the wedding itself, we had two ceremonies (American and Pakistani), both of which were fairytale-like. Our wedding ceremony itself was by the covered bridge with the soothing sound of the river. Incredible venue.

We were blown away by the food. Hawkesdene has a chef on-site, Matthew, who is excellent. They worked with us to design a menu for every meal that took account of the many activities we had planned every day (whitewater rafting, hiking on the estate, dance practice). The dinners were outstanding, including the Indian food. We also had signature cocktails made by the bartenders and they turned out excellent.

There were two suggestions that we thought could improve the experience further. First, it surprised us that recycling was not available in the area. We believe that Hawkesdene is capable of making recycling happen for the Andrews community. Second, internet connectivity could use improvement (i.e. coverage and bandwidth).

Overall, we are humbled and grateful to have gathered our loved ones at Hawkesdene for this very special weekend. Thank you Phil and Rob for creating such a wonderful venue. We are already talking about coming back for a reunion in the future.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hawkesdene House was the perfect venue for our wedding and the joining of our two families. We were looking for a relaxed venue where people could come enjoy each other and get to know each other and just make great memories. We found all four of these things plus so much more with Hawkesdene. The staff at Hawkesdene was so accommodating and everything was seamless. Every meal was so delicious! Our guests cannot stop talking about the appetizer station at our reception. That was definitely a crowd favorite!

I came across Hawkesdene a few years ago on a blog I had randomly happened upon and kept the venue a secret until we booked it two years later! I knew the moment I saw it that it was the perfect spot for our wedding and was the best secret I coul have ever kept! If you are looking for a wedding weekend that is full of fun, relaxation, and good food Hawkesdene House is a perfect choice!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just celebrated our Russian/Indian wedding at Hawkesdene House. It was a SPECTACULAR experience. Aside from the top of the line accommodations, scenery and delicious food - what stood out the most was their hospitality. Having a Russian and Indian wedding was complicated enough - we had multiple ceremonies with different backgrounds & cultures. Hawkesdene catered to every single need. We had a very wide range of pallets - from vegetarians to meat lovers and Hawkesdene was able to create not one but 8 meals which satisfied everyone. They even cooked us Indian food on our first night. 5 stars on flexibility is not enough - they deserve 10. The staff was there to help us set up for all of our ceremonies, use whatever they had as decorations and even let us pick our own flowers for the flower girls. Their staff has a lot of patience (even when we decided to change the menu last minute because of some guests dietary restrictions).

Having our wedding at Hawkesdene was exactly what we wanted. It was more of a cozy and homely feel. Everyone was relaxed, the food was cooked, the linens were changed (when no one was looking) and everything was cleaned up before we even needed to ask. The food was excellent and the ambiance was serene. I cannot wait to come back here for a family reunion.

Thanks Rob, Phil, Matt, Jamie and the rest of the lovely Hawkesdene staff.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hawkesdene is unbelievable. One of the most beautiful and serene environments we've had the pleasure of experiencing. From the beginning of the process, Rob and Phil were attentive to each detail and helped us to figure everything out along the way. They are quick with great suggestions for vendors, wedding details, etc.

Once we arrived until the moment we left, every detail and request was quickly and expertly attended to. Their staff is professional, friendly, and attentive. I never heard the word "No" all weekend. Anything we needed was taken care of, but there wasn't that much requested because of how well Hawkesdene is prepared for each event.

Every person who attended the wedding still raves about the weekend. Although it's a bit off the beaten path, once you arrive, your every need is taken care of. From the drinks to the food (too good to describe), to the outdoor activities and on-ground accommodations, everything is 1st class. I cannot recommend Hawkesdene highly enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There were so many reasons why we chose Hawkesdene for our celebration. The most important thing to my husband and I was to be able to share this important milestone in our relationship over the course of a relaxed long weekend in the company of our closest friends and family. We knew that our friends and relatives would be traveling from all across the country, and we wanted a beautiful and accommodating place where all of our guests could stay on site with us, and would have no need to leave the grounds for food, sightseeing, entertainment, or outdoor adventure. We wanted a luxurious retreat where we could all come together enjoy the outdoors, chat by the fire, and celebrate the coming together of our families.

Hawkesdene had everything we were looking for and more! Not only are the accommodations absolutely luxurious and grounds stunningly beautiful, the staff really treated everyone like royalty. They absolutely bent over backwards to make sure that everyone was comfortable and had everything they needed. And the food was incredible! You can personalize your catering options, but the menu of possibilities has something for everyone - from picky eaters to vegetarians to foodies and meat-lovers. Everyone who attended our wedding weekend could not stop talking about how perfect the place was - and I am sure we will all continue to talk about it for years and years to come!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I am so incredibly thankful that we chose to celebrate our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene! This little gem is the perfect venue to celebrate an enjoyable and relaxing wedding weekend with those you love!
We stumbled across this venue on wedding wire late one evening. I was so impressed with everything from the first contact I made on their website. Prices were exposed and their availability calendar was up to date and easy to access. Rob, called me back the next day, was friendly and outgoing and answered all of my questions openly and in entirety. We took a trip up to Andrews the next weekend and were immediately sold! Planning a wedding with the staff at Hawkesdene (even though we were four hours away) was totally enjoyable and stress-free. It seemed like Rob was always there to pick up the phone and consistently returned emails in less than a day. Pricing was transparent and there were no hidden or extra costs - that we had experienced when pricing other venues. The staff at Hawkesdene executed our wedding weekend brilliantly. Every single staff member was so friendly and accommodating. They really allow you -as the bride and groom- the option to make the weekend yours and are so accommodating to different ideas and personalized touches (ie: sending the groom PB & J on wedding day for lunch, shuttling guests up to a mountain top lunch at the Hawkesnest) The food was absolutely spectacular- and was raved about by all! All of the grounds are meticulously maintained and cared -for and there is so much fun to be had! Our guests loved smores by the bonfires, pool in the gameroom and nearly everyone hiked to the waterfall at some point during the weekend.
I could go on forever - but believe the 5 star reviews! We are so grateful that Hawkesdene allowed us to spend 4 nights surrounded by our friends and family. The intimacy, beauty and quality of service were simply outstanding! Thank you so much Hawkesdene! love, the leitch's married 4.25.15

Private User
Recently Married

If I could give these guys 10 stars I would. We did a 4 day weekend get away for our wedding and every last detail was perfect. Food is that of a 5-star resort, decorations and coordinating is top notch, and they are super fun and easy to work with. Everyone LOVED the mountain weekend. It was more incredible than I had ever dreamed my wedding could be.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a guest at the wedding and Hawkesdene is absolutely stunning. The food and the service were on par with a 5 star resort. I would highly recommend this venue for any occasion.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review is long overdue, but I wanted to make sure I could really sit down, reflect, & try to find the right words to express how deeply & sincerely grateful Paul & I are to Rob, Phil, Jami, Joe & the entire Hawkesdene staff for helping to make our wedding nothing short of spectacular. I know I will not succeed with my words alone, but hope that when others read this they will have no doubt in their mind that Hawkesdene is the venue for them.

The best compliment I think a bride & groom could ever hear from their guests who attended their wedding is “That was the best wedding we have EVER been to!” Although I would like to take a little of that credit, I have to give most of that credit to Hawkesdene, because with such a unique venue, it is hard not to make it the best wedding someone has ever been to. The beautiful grounds, luxury accommodations & lodging, mouthwatering food (which I missed on our honeymoon!), service & atmosphere provided everything we needed for our mountain destination wedding – especially since we had the entire estate to ourselves! (*Thank you Chef Matthew for a last minute menu addition of Catholic BBQ Salmon to our Friday night BBQ Themed Rehearsal Dinner on Good Friday)

Planning the weekend events is made easier when you decide this is your venue. Their advice, care, expertise & professionalism is all evident from the first planning conversation to the minute you leave & say good-bye after your “I dos”. Rob (& team) was always available to answer my many questions galore & I used all of the vendors from the preferred vendor list to make it easier on me for long distance planning. We highly recommend staying AT least 3 nights. Please take Rob’s advice on this.

We can’t say enough great things about all of our experiences with Hawkesdene – even when we had to change our ceremony site. (Which probably ended up being more beautiful than my original vision!)

Thank you Hawkesdene!
Lisa & Paul - Married 03.21.15

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely incredible time during our wedding weekend, and that sentiment was echoed by our guests.

The Hawkesdene House was the perfect wedding venue. It's a beautiful synthesis of bucolic and elegant that's located in the mountains of NC. The Hawkesdene contains numerous cottages for guests to stay on the property. This was a huge asset since it allowed us to spend quality time with our family and friends despite the normal bustle that accompanies a wedding weekend.

The accommodations are excellent and the food was superb. Most importantly, Phil, Rob, and the rest of the staff did a fantastic job as hosts. We sincerely appreciate all of their assistance, expertise, and professionalism. They are committed to making it a special weekend for all guests. They were always available for questions during the preparation stages - their constructive feedback definitely helped to assuage some of the anxiety associated with planning such an event.

We give the Hawkesdene House our highest recommendation. Thanks for everything!

- Keith & Lauren

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Alisha
11/03/2014

Words can truly not express how perfect Hawkesdene House was for our wedding on November 3, 2014. First off, we are from Oklahoma and we booked HH sight unseen and didn't see it until we pulled in the day before our wedding to start our celebration with 50 of our closest friends and family. A little nerve-racking to say the least, but reading reviews online and being in constant communication with Rob throughout the 3 1/2 months of planning, helped settle those a bit. From the second of pulling in, Rob, Phil and their staff were ready to help with anything and everything. I have never seen service provided as well as they do it at HH. Every staff member I met has a heart to serve and genuinely wants to help the guests. Top notch.
Many other reviewers talk about how great their food is, and it is no lie. It is fabulous! We had a couple vegetarians in the group and they went above and beyond to make sure that they were just as well fed as the rest of us.
Our party arrived on a Sunday, we got married on a Monday and then left on that Tuesday. When booking, Rob told me that we would want to stay longer, but I thought that would be plenty of time. I was so wrong. I regret not having at least one more day on the estate. I should have listened to you Rob :)
If you want an intimate wedding celebration, with over the top service, five star food and exquisite scenery, you have to book Hawkesdene.

Private User
10/25/2014

It was a wonderful place to have a wedding. The food if fantastic. The venue is beautiful and everyone who spent the weekend had a wonderful time. We could not of had a more perfect wedding

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about Hawkesdene House. My husband, our families and our friends spent 4 amazing nights on the property. From the moment we booked (well over a year before our wedding) Rob was available to answer any questions, help with any planning and make all of our crazy ideas come true. Once we arrived on site the entire staff was so helpful. There was never a time that we needed something that the staff didn't help us to find it. They even found a babysitter for one of my bridesmaids when her child care fell through 24 hours before the wedding.

The food was outstanding. The major highlights of the weekend were the smoky cheese grits, the truffle mac and cheese, and EVERYTHING served at breakfast. I highly suggest allowing Hawkesdene to handle all of your meals while on site. It makes everything so very easy. (I also suggest buying your wedding dress a size too big so you can fully enjoy the food)!

I have been in many weddings and spent some time doing high end catering. Something always goes wrong with weddings. The mark of a really fantastic wedding planner and catering company is whether the bride and groom know about the little bumps in the road. We never had an issue, someone was always there to help/ fix the problem.

Our goal of wedding weekend was to enjoy time with family and friends, eat a ton of good food and enjoy the beautiful NC mountains. Hawkesdene delivered 110% on all of these. We are already trying to figure out who can get married next so we can go back!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

It’s difficult to put into words how wonderful getting married at Hawkesdene House was. Rob, Phil, Jami and the rest of the team made our wedding weekend relaxing, beautiful, elegant, delicious, and fun!
When my husband and I were searching for a venue in the mountains of North Carolina we had two requirements: a large portion of our guests had to be able to stay on the property and the food had to be good. “Good” doesn’t even come close to describing the quality of food we were served at Hawkesdene. It’s obvious that each meal is prepared with the same care and love you would use with your own family. The ingredients are fresh and seasonal and the final meal is both beautiful and delicious. The accommodations are rustic but elegant, reminding you that you don’t have to “rough it” to stay in the mountains. The cabins are equipped with full kitchens and fireplaces making you feel cozy and right at home, and staying in the main house is like visiting your oldest friends.
Planning the ceremony and reception was so easy. The staff has the preparation and setup down to a science, but they were also extremely flexible to our needs. I never once worried how things were going to look or if they would get done. I just left all the set up in their capable hands so I could focus on other things.
I could go on and on about how beautiful and magical our wedding at Hawkesdene was, but I think the thing that made it so wonderful is the care, the attention to detail, and the (seemingly effortless) hard work put into every event held here. We never really considered any other place for our wedding after stepping foot on the property.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We give Hawkesdene the highest possible recommendation! When we first visited, we were struck by the beautiful setting with the running brook and impeccable landscaping. We also appreciated the plush accommodations and exclusive, personalized attention. Throughout the planning process, Rob was extremely responsive and helpful even when I asked lots of detailed and sometimes random questions. The venue provides lots of different options, and they were open to new ideas and accommodating to make our vision come true. On the weekend itself, Hawkesdene made everything easy for us. All of our guests were so impressed. First everyone raved about the gorgeous setting, then the comfortable rooms and cabins, then the delicious food, and most importantly the friendly staff and excellent service. Hawkesdene made our dream wedding come true!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Hawkesdene House is amazing. I felt like I was in a fairy-tale. Everything about our wedding was perfect. The location is gorgeous. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms and cottages are beyond expectations. There were so many high-end details (I had many people rave about the quality of the hand lotion). There are so many beautifully landscaped components to this property from quiet sitting spots to large, gorgeous gathering places--it was perfect for everyone. The food was out of this world--best wedding food ever--seriously. Not only did it taste amazing, but it was presented beautifully. Perhaps most importantly was the service and the people. Rob was thoughtful, responsive when planning, and so helpful. Anita and Jamie made sure our wedding went off with out a hitch--truly seamless. Matt and Phil were wonderful--even when they were busy cooking the amazing food in the kitchen, if someone stopped to ask them a question they graciously assisted. And Joe was fabulous and so thoughtful. Just to give you an example, we were taken up to the lookout (breathtaking views--can't wait to see the pictures). This was just after the ceremony and group pictures, so we were both a bit frazzled, but Joe had thoughtfully brought up a beer and bottle of wine--it was so perfect and went above and beyond. It gave us a moment to just be together.

I would highly recommend the Hawkesdene House. It was absolutely wonderful!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning