Harbourfront Grand Hall

• Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

I was a guest at this wedding...so I'm rating the food and venue. The experience of everyone I spoke with, including the mother of the bride, commented on the cold food, raw prime rib and lack of dinner buffet presentation. Not a professional looking buffet at all! Venue was beautifully decorated for the holidays. My sister was the paying customer, with the signed contract and authorized this review.

• Wedding: 12/27/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were awesome to work with and very flexible with menu items and last minute people who RSVP'ed. Everything ran really well and the food was great! We had an amazing time!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The owners of this venue were so nice & easy to work with. They were upfront and honest with everything. There were no hidden fees or costs. They were very reliable and whenever I called to ask a question, if I had to leave a voicemail, they would call me back that same day. Their staff was equally helpful & did an amazing job on the big day. One thing I was really impressed with that I've never seen before is we had a buffet style dinner & when my husband and I went up to the line, they had two of their staff holding our plates & they scooped what we wanted to eat & then they walked it to our table...that way we wouldn't spill or splatter on ourselves :) I would recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Scott and Nancy made my day exceed my expectations. I loved working with this couple, they were relaxed and very accommodating. They didn't have a food choice we were looking for so they created a dish specially for us. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was amazing. Staff was beyond nice and helpful. They lived up to everything that was promised and then some.

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so impressed with everything! Although this was my first time being a Bride ... when it comes to planning a wedding - I've got 15 years of expereince! I own a Wedding Planning company in Key West Florida - and have planned more than 300 weddings!! So when we chose Grand Haven Michigan for our own Destination Wedding - I found myself relying on web sites, reccomendations from family who live locally, my day of Wedding planner, and wedding wire - to gather info - on what might be the best venue for our reception!
From my first phone call with Scott ...who I do belive took my call after hours or was it a Saturday? well at any rate ...it seems Scott & Nancy work round the clock at Proto Bello - Grand Hall ...they were Always available when I needed info - and they were very responsive to my e-mails .. .and YES you can guess I had alot of questions ... Scott accomodated every Request we made ... considering my background ...I had some creative ideas for my own Wedding Reception ...my 'special requests' were many - and his reply was always 'wow -that sounds great lets make it happen! ...lets do it!! ... and they DID!

cocktail hour ... the items on the regular menu were not really what I was after ...so i asked if we could create a Custom Cheese & Fruit display ... WOW did they ever ... I wanted to incorporate local cheeses - gourmet crackers ...and I brought in some local Blueberries form the family farm! a great touch and a huge hit ....

Chef accomodated a special request for our favorite Key Lime Chicken Picatta .. it was fantastic .... we added Prime Rib ...and our guests are still raving about it ...the pasta selections a huge hit ... Salad - really?!.. they raved about the salad and house special dressings!! (and I know that people always say 'the food was great at a wedding' ...so i can tell when they are being 'nice' ... they were SERIOUS ..this was GREAT FOOD!!! ...

Late Night Pizzas - Scotts suggestions ..these came out around 11pm ...a huge hit with our guests!!

Our only complaint ..the A/C ...For the Record ...it was REALLY HOT on July 15th ...and our Band was really great ..so there was a good deal of dancing going on ...but for sure the room could have been cooler!! ... the A/C couldn't keep up with us and the Celebration!!

Scott also assisted us with the rental and set up - of our Chairs for the Wedding Ceremony - we hosted in Grand Haven's Central Park ...this was a huge help considering the rental companies I found were not very responsive or had substantial delivery fees.

We hosted a Farewell Brunch - with Porto Bello - on the restaurant patio downstairs the morning after the wedding - another 'first' for Scott and his Team - and once again ..everythign was just perfect!!

Sincerly, Scott and his staff, the venue and food exceeded our expectaions!!
I work with Wedding Vendors Year Round in Key West, Florida - my expectations are high ..and were even higher for MY OWN Wedding ... We were very impressed!! I would reccomend this venue to Every Grand Haven, Michigan Bride!! FIVE STARS!!! Thank you!!!

• Wedding: 07/15/2011
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Extremely helpful and friendly couple, answered all my emails and calls promptly.
Great ambience in the room and excellent location in Grand Haven.
We have heard repeatedly from our guests that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding (I chose the 2 meat buffet option).
Also the best room rental and food prices I could find in the West Michigan area.

• Wedding: 06/05/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The piano factory is a beautful old building and the harbourfront roomm has so much character with the exposed brick, access tot he rooftop, and nice view of the sunset over the river. Scott and Nancy were amazing to work with - they made planning a Michigan wedding while living in Gerogia very easy. Everything went so well and the staff was great. All the guests commented on how unique and beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was - some of the best I have had, and definitely the best I have ever been served at a wedding. It couldn't have been better!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wouldn't of wanted to have it anywhere else! The atmosphere of the old building is amazing! You can do as little or as much as you want decoration-wise. Scott was so helpful and made us feel at ease. The food was even better at the reception than at the tasting... so was the quantity of food! My husband ate half my meal since I couldn't eat it all! They even gave us the option to have our ceremony there... if weather wasn't going to work out for our outdoor wedding! Great food, beautiful place, wouldn't of had it any other way! See it in person for yourself... :)

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Scott and Nancy were amazing to work with, whatever we wanted they would make happen; they were even willing to use my personal reciepes to make sure things were exactly what we wanted. The food was amazing and the staff was exceptional. We never had to worry about a thing during the reception, they had it all well under control.

• Wedding: 10/04/2008