Happy Bakeshop

Value
Flexibility
Chelsey
05/15/2015

Happy Cakes did an amazing job on our personal cake and cupcakes for our wedding! The flavors were amazing and we received so many compliments on them! They were also decorated perfect and matched our wedding colors! Only thing is that they don't always respond right away via email, so you must be patient with that! Other than that I would definitely recommend them for a wedding or any other event!

Nicki
05/02/2015
4.2

Happy Cakes did an amazing job with our cupcakes and wedding cake! It was affordable and delicious!!
I wish the responsiveness would have been a little better but understand they are busy with wedding season.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Happy Cakes did a wonderful job! They can be very busy, so sometimes it takes a few days to hear from them, so please make sure you contact them in a timely manner. When we visited their store to contact them to do the cupcakes for our wedding, they sent us home with a 6-pack of full-size cupcakes of our choosing to sample! We and our family were very grateful for their generosity to allow us to sample them, and they were delicious! There was no doubt that we were going to choose them.

They delivered and set up the cake and cupcakes perfectly. They also set up our cake topper for us so that we didn't have to worry about it on the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments, the cupcakes were delicious! By far the most popular flavor was the Chocolate Salted Caramel, our other flavors were pumpkin spice, vanilla on vanilla, and chocolate on chocolate.

The cost was very reasonable and comparable to other cupcake shops, but by far the quality of Happy Cakes surpassed the competitors we contacted. Would recommend!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Happy Cakes did an amazing job with our wedding cupcakes! As a celiac, I always imagined finding a gluten-free wedding cake would be impossible. Happy Cakes made it so easy! We couldn't narrow down a flavor, so we chose a variety of GF cupcakes. (We didn't even mention to our guests that they were gluten-free. They were all gone by breakfast the next morning - they were just so good.) About half way through our ordering process, we started working with Laura, who was so friendly, helpful, and professional. They even delivered them all the way to our mid-mountain venue in Winter Park! Thank you, Happy Cakes, for your great service and fantastic cupcakes!

Nikole
08/16/2014

Happy Cakes is amazing. The cupcakes have been a favorite of mine since I heard about them three years ago but when I decided to have them do my wedding they really knocked it out of the park for me. The cupcakes and the various types we chose were not problem for the bakery. Though it was a large amount the cupcakes were divine as usual. The staff who helped me make decisions on frosting decorations and cake stands were knowledgeable and patient with all my questions and ideas. I really enjoyed working with them and will be using them again for any future parties.

Happy Bakeshop responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Nikole! We really enjoyed working with you, too! Congratulations on your big day, and thanks for choosing us to be a part of it! And for the great review! xo

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I love Happy Cakes and our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the cupcakes were. I am so happy they were able to accomodate some of our guests dietary restrictions and still make a great tasting cupcake. If you are thinking of having cupcakes at your wedding or event I would definitely recommend using this company.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Thank you so much for the perfect cupcakes for our big day!

4.7

Happy Cakes was amazing to work with--I needed to add a dozen, then when we got displaced due to the Colorado flood they were easy to work with on the pick up time changing--my friend picked them up and did all the leg work for me but they were seamless--and the cupcakes were gone before I even had one! Our cutting cake was simple but incredibly yummy--
Definitely recommend them!

Private User
1+ year ago

The cupcakes are great, but flavor options are somewhat limited to those flavors for that day. Our cake was amazing and more then we could have imagined. We sent a picture of an idea for our cake and it turned out great. Would highly recommend Happy Cakes for any event.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

If you are thinking about doing cupcakes for your Denver weddings -- use Happy Cakes! It was super easy dealing with Carly and the whole staff at Happy Cakes. I'm surprised I still fit into my dress after all the free tasters they gave us along the way! Our guests loved the cupcakes. Of everything at our reception, we got the most compliments about the desserts. We liked that we had our own little cake for cutting, but then so many options for our guests to chose from.

Private User
2+ years ago
4.7

We ordered about seventy cupcakes for our wedding, which included four different flavored and decorating styles. We also had gluten dairy free cupcakes, which we were very happy they offered. They were so delicious and beautiful! We absolutely love Happy Cakes (we go at least once a month). :) Everyone that works there is very kind and helpful as well!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cupcake selection and delivery were spot on. The perfect cherry on my wedding sundae. From start to finish my experience was A+. Delivered cupcakes to my venue on time and in perfect condition. We used the mini cupcakes for the toast and cake presentation. Minis are perfect bite size. Guests raved about the cupcakes taste and selection.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

FULL DISCLOSURE - I think wedding cakes are over rated. I think fondant is disgusting and I think most people at weddings don't have the time or patience to sit with a plate and fork and eat a rich thick piece of cake at 9pm at night. You spend $500 on a gross cake that no one eats... infuriating. On the other hand... cupcakes (specifically mini cupcakes) are the perfect solution. It allows your guests to grab a little bite of something they can shove in their mouths and enjoy between shots and dancing. No disgusting fondant frosting and cupcakes give people 5-6 flavors to choose from! Happy Cakes was a great bakery to work with. They give you 'tasters' so you can decide which flavors you like (very fun) and they were extremely flexible with HOW we wanted the frosting and decorations to look. The pricing was market competitive and about $200 cheaper than a wedding cake. I would recommend hiring a company to do this instead of thinking you can do it yourself (or have you aunt Betty do it) because they come in and set everything up for you and you know the 'experts' will have the best tasting desserts!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I have been a fan of Happy Cakes for years and we always knew we were going to use them for the wedding. I found Carly easy to work with mostly over email as I don't live close by anymore. My caterer did the set up, but as far as I know delivery went well and no concerns ever made their way to me. They even made a custom flavor for us that turned out amazing. Because I had booked the year before, I got 2011 prices for my 2012 wedding.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Happy Cakes did an excellent job of helping us figure out what flavor cupcakes we wanted, as well as explaining what kinds of decorations we could have on them, and display options. Everything turned out beautiful, and the cupcakes were amazing!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Great cupcakes!!!! Very professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend Happy Cakes.