Halekulani Hotel

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Five star venue. Wonderful place to have a wedding. It felt like a fairy tale.
Wedding: 08/02/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Jon 2 Reviews
We got married on the Waimanalo beach and it was just the 2 of us. We wanted to make sure that our dinner was going to be a very special evening. Even though it was just the two of us Ku'ulei Lipton from the Halekulani Hotel was very responsive months in advanced by making sure we had a special table. When the limo dropped us off after the ceremony there was a table with an amazing view of the ocean with rose petals all over the table. This was so special and amazing! Thank You Ku'ukei!

Wedding: 07/23/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not thank Loren and Halekulani enough for making our wedding absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony and reception at the Hau Terrace. We had about 80 guests.The setting and view was so beautiful. Loren was the coordinator at Halekulani she always respond nearly immediately after i hit the send button on my email! She is so organized and efficient.The staff treat you like royalty there. I highly recommend having your wedding at Halekulani. It's worth every penny!
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This hotel did so much for me! The room that we were provided was AMAZING!!! Also, the service provided to our room was outstanding. Almost anything we could ask for, the hotel was able to provide. We even needed a last minute steam on my wife's dress because it had gotten wrinkled in transit and they were able to take care of it no problem. The utmost professionalism was always provided. We felt like we were treated like royalty the entire weekend which was very comforting. Also, coordinating with our contact from this hotel was very pleasant and she was always helpful in providing us with whatever information we needed. I am more than happy that we chose this hotel.
Wedding: 05/25/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 4 Reviews
When we wanted a Waikiki Hotel wedding, our wedding planner only said one name – Halekulani; Halekulani is known for good service and amazing quality of everything. Since we were planning our wedding from another country, we went for the best. My correspondence with a hotel was spotty. Some days I got really nice emails, some days not so much. However, overall it was a pleasant experience.

We used the Hau terrace (I know they don't allow DJs there anymore, we were still allowed). What a beautiful location, breathtaking view! Food and drinks were a top priority for us and we never regretted picking Halekulani for our Big Day. Our appetizers before dinner, plated dinner and after-dinner snacks were the best I have ever seen at any of the weddings. Drinks were top quality and we were pleased we got to go over the bar menu and pick what will be there. Wine selection was superb; our families really enjoyed the quality of the wines.

It is important to especially acknowledge banquet manager on duty that day Zack (sorry if I misspelled). He made up for all the imperfections and friction that we had with the hotel managers. Zack was the most professional person we dealt with at Halekulani and the person who knew how to make customers happy. Everything we asked for was delivered and done. Cannot say enough how thankful we are to him for making sure our night was special and went without a glitch.

Overall we are very pleased with our $6,000 package. We got to spend a romantic night at the Halekulani suit. The quality of the hotel was superb, when we have money - we will be back!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing and Exceptional quality with excellent service. Our Catering Manager/s and Banquet chief made entire flow of Ceremony on Hau Terrace to the reception dinner Hau Terrace seamless! We created our own atmosphere with never been done before decor and it was approved with great flexibility and professionalism. The entire Wedding day and night was beyond my wildest dreams and went flawless. The fairytale ending was a surprise upgrade to their gorgeous suite with Champagne and chocolate strawberries and a gift!! Truly outstanding service in every detail. My pointer is to review all contract charges thoroughly!
With Gratitude and Aloha, The Steele's
Wedding: 03/22/2014

Mr. & Mrs.... 4 Reviews
My husband and looked at every wedding location on Oahu and Maui. We fell in love with two spots Halekulani and Lanikuhonua, both on Oahu.

We did our pros/cons and Halekulani came on top for these reasons:
1) There was a chance of rain on our wedding day
2) With older guest, easy access and clean bathrooms was a major priority
3) Transportation to and from wedding site --- most of our guest stayed in Waikiki, so Halekulani
4) The beauty and convenience for us + the free wedding cake, honeymoon suite, and a lot of other goodies Halekulani provided sealed the deal

Also, having an onsite wedding coordinator at Halekulani, Joel Nishimoto, made all the difference. He is absolutely the most patient and understanding man. I made many changes to our reception setup up (last minute), and I aslo forgot many other details, which Joel reminded me and was on top of. Thank you Joel if you are reading this review.

The venue, the service, the SPECTACULAR HONEYMOON SUITE with ocean view was to die for. Classy! classy! classy! I am beyond thrilled we chose Halekulani for our wedding and reception site.
Wedding: 08/16/2013

Private User 6 Reviews
While Halekulani may not seem to be the most affordable upfront, may we encourage you to take the time to evaluate their value. You receive exceptional service for you and your guests, excellent FOOD (that was our number one priority), free valet parking for everyone, delicious and beautiful wedding cake, complementary stay(s) at the hotel, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, your own Halekulani champagne glasses... They constantly strive to go above and beyond for you. If you looked once, look again!
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What else is there to say about this place?
Everyone in Hawaii knows its the best hotel for a reason. The service is absolutely impeccable, the hotel is beautiful and did I mention the service?

I have been to Halekulani on multiple occasions over the years to eat at the restaurants or for weddings and I knew that when we decided to get married on Oahu that there were only a couple of choices. After looking over the options we easily decided on Halekulani.

Our catering director was Loren Petrowski and she is just insane. She replies to emails so quickly and with such detail and clarity that it instantly puts you at ease. She coordinated our tasting and we met with her a couple of times before the wedding and asked a bunch of silly questions which she answered with a smile on her face.

She was there for our rehearsal and on the day of to make sure everything was running smoothly. Our banquet captain Alan was just awesome. He kept checking on us to make sure everything was going smoothly and sent extra food and cake to our room since we were too busy to eat.

The Hau Terrace as a wedding venue is pretty hard to beat on the island. Especially if you are getting married in a hotel. The problem is that Hawaii weddings are large and it only holds 120 people max, otherwise that room would be booked out for years.

Again the service from the time we stepped foot on the grounds to the time we departed after our stay was just outstanding. People bent over backwards to help us and go the extra mile for us. We left on our honeymoon to Japan and Bali and even though we stayed at hotels w/ personal butlers, they didn't match the Halekulani. If you are from out of town researching wedding venues, just do it. It's soooo worth it. If you have less than 120 people BONUS!.....because you can do the Hau Terrace. Months later people are saying how great the wedding was, how awesome the venue was, and how great the food was. By the way, I used to DJ weddings when I was in college
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We got married at the Halekulani in May, 2013. The service, from start to end, was beyond amazing. We actually had two ceremonies on our wedding day. There is absolutely no comparison between the service received between the two - the staff at the Halekulani is amazing. Loren, the catering manager, in particular is responsive, patient and incredibly helpful. Though they recommend a wedding planner, with Loren on board, that almost felt like an extra. She's so incredibly helpful. Unlike many other vendors, she's responsive and timely also. Then of course, the setting (Hau Terrace) is just beautiful. We loved it, and our guests are still raving about it. The food was amazing, the service impeccable. Our wedding day was so perfect and beyond what we'd hoped for. The cherry on top is all the little 'extras' that come with the wedding package. It ends up being a really great value at an amazing venue. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending this venue to future brides and couples.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was born and raised in Honolulu and have always wanted to get married in the halekulani since I was a little girl. I actually looked at several other venues prior to halekulani but was not impressed. The catering staff was not knowledgeable, didn't explain the menus or packages. It was only after visiting all other hotels did I decide to visit halekulani. I initially neglected the hotel because I thought it would be out of my price range. But I'm so glad I stopped by.
-the hotel is 5 star. It is classy, elegant and has the open air plantation feel. It is very unlike other hotels in Waikiki. While other hotels plow people thru, you feel at ease in the hotel. It is very quiet.
-their wedding packages are awesome. If you spend over 6k in food, they will hook you up with a free hotel room for your wedding night (champagne and all). Package also includes a wedding cake! They provide cake cutting tools. Valet is free for all your guests. If you add up all the little details, halekulani ends up being cheaper than most of the other venues in Waikiki. Oh forgot to mention, if you spend 6k on food, they waive the ceremony location fee. That's like anywhere from 2500-5000 saved!
-I no longer live in Hawaii ( so this is a destination wedding) so all communication with the banquet manager was done via email. Which I loved because it saved time.
-you cannot beat the service. Everyone, from the reception, to the bell boy, to the wait staff. They all give 5 star service. They will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I've never felt like such a queen.
-the food was good. All my guests were pleased with the food and drinks. I had 4 course meals and the average price was about $75/person.
-you cannot beat the view. I got married on the Hau terrace which overlooks the ocean. Absolutely stunning. Our guests , especially the out of town guests ( which were 80%) loved it.

Definitely check it out. It was my best wedding decision.
Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Quality of Service: They went above and beyond to accommodate our guest. One of our guest brought a toddler that was not yet accommodated to the time change. They brought out the a crib such that she could sleep on the lanai and the parents could stay and enjoy their meal and the reception. They also gave me and my bridesmaids spa slippers after the long day of wearing heals, which was a great relief.

Responsiveness: I planned my wedding from the east coast and corresponded mostly through email. I worked with only one person, such as to ease communication. All emails i sent, i got a response within 24 hrs. The one time i was able to visit the venue, i was able to meet with the one person that handled my wedding. Everything was quick and VERY easy.

Professionalism: The waiters and staff was amazing and very professional. They asked, noted, and accommodated every dietary restriction and qualm my guest had about food (even ones we were not able note) and they made sure they got all the orders correct. Everything tasted amazing according to our guest.

Value: The meal i thought was delicious, and many of my guest thought it was the best meal they had ever at a wedding reception. The Guava juice was amazing, the best I had ever had growing up in Hawaii, because it is made only from Guava, not diluted. It was pricey, but it was worth every penny to have such an amazing meal.

Flexibility: Catering food, they accommodated every noted allergies, as well as those that were not noted. Some guest, although they didn't have an allergy, didn't like some of the courses containing fish. They took their plates and replaced them with delicious substitutes, even though they weren't noted.
Wedding: 01/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Just had both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Hau Terrace of Halekulani and it was one of my most wonderful and memorable experiences! Halekulani offers a really nice and reasonable wedding package which includes a junior ocean suite with unparalleled ocean-front views. The food at our reception was great and the staff was friendly and world-class. Our catering manager Loren was really helpful and fast at responding to our questions (within one day), and our guests raved about how fast their drinks got refilled. In my option Halekulani's location is also superior compared to other hotels-it's not right on or super close to the main shopping street so it's less crowded and not as loud. I'm really glad that I chose Halekulani for my wedding as I wouldn't be nearly as happy with any of the other options around.
Wedding: 01/05/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
Many thanks to you and your wonderful staff for making our wedding day so special. All our guests commented on how delicious their meals (even the special requirements!) were. Please pass on a big 'mahalo' to your kitchen staff and wait staff who provided impeccable service. It's the fine attention to detail that made it all so special - the manager for the evening really took care of us to ensure we ate a hot meal and was so helpful in issuing me some slippers towards the end of the night for my poor sore party feet!

We are so glad that we chose the Halekulani for our wedding. It turned out absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations in every way.

A very special thank you Loren for your guidance and advice along the way, we appreciate your expertise and professionalism.

AJ 5 Reviews
Perfection cannot be put in words and that is what Halekulani strives for. From the moment we did a venue visit to the time we got married and departed the Halekulani treated us with class. They were very courteous and answered everything without once losing patience.

Lauren at the catering department is simply outstanding. At one point we felt that she was more worried about everything going well than us which made us feel very good about the professional approach of the entire staff this hotel hires.

The food was impeccable. Chef Vikram created some special Hors on my request and my guests could not stop talking about them.

If you want a wedding done right Halekulani is the only way to go.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First off, you really get what you pay for here. I couldn't believe the amount of compliments we received after the wedding. All of our guests were so happy with the service and the food. My husband and I would have completely regretted our decision if we had gone with another venue.

We worked with Loren Petrowski the entire time, and she was just so understanding with everything. Very prompted in emails and so very professional. I asked a billion questions, and she was always so patient with me. Everything during the planning process ran so smoothly. Which lead to a very smooth day of (from the brides point of view). I'm not too sure if anything went wrong behind the scenes, but I didn't hear anything of it, which kept the day of..so stress-free.

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Halekulani. We had a dinner buffet for our wedding. I don't know many hotel venues in Hawaii that allow you to do a taste testing free of charge. From my recollection, you need to have a plated dinner in order to have a taste testing. That was a pleasant surprise. We also had our wedding cake done through them. We had a special request so it was considered an upgrade. The pastry chef did an excellent job in replicating the design of our request. Not only did it look AMAZING, but it tasted amazing too!

And lastly, it was it was so important to us that our guests were happy. Being that there was free validated self-parking and free validated valet (plus gratuity) was just the cherry on top. I mean FREE, in the heart of Waikiki. That’s just unheard of! My Dad had been waiting for the car and they offered him bottled water. They really go above and beyond!

We had such a great experience with them, and I'm so glad we chose Halekulani for our special day. We can't thank the staff enough for their amazing efforts to put together everything, just as we imagined.

Wedding: 11/24/2012
 808-923-2311
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire