Halekulani Hotel

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 6 Reviews
While Halekulani may not seem to be the most affordable upfront, may we encourage you to take the time to evaluate their value. You receive exceptional service for you and your guests, excellent FOOD (that was our number one priority), free valet parking for everyone, delicious and beautiful wedding cake, complementary stay(s) at the hotel, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, your own Halekulani champagne glasses... They constantly strive to go above and beyond for you. If you looked once, look again!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What else is there to say about this place?
Everyone in Hawaii knows its the best hotel for a reason. The service is absolutely impeccable, the hotel is beautiful and did I mention the service?

I have been to Halekulani on multiple occasions over the years to eat at the restaurants or for weddings and I knew that when we decided to get married on Oahu that there were only a couple of choices. After looking over the options we easily decided on Halekulani.

Our catering director was Loren Petrowski and she is just insane. She replies to emails so quickly and with such detail and clarity that it instantly puts you at ease. She coordinated our tasting and we met with her a couple of times before the wedding and asked a bunch of silly questions which she answered with a smile on her face.

She was there for our rehearsal and on the day of to make sure everything was running smoothly. Our banquet captain Alan was just awesome. He kept checking on us to make sure everything was going smoothly and sent extra food and cake to our room since we were too busy to eat.

The Hau Terrace as a wedding venue is pretty hard to beat on the island. Especially if you are getting married in a hotel. The problem is that Hawaii weddings are large and it only holds 120 people max, otherwise that room would be booked out for years.

Again the service from the time we stepped foot on the grounds to the time we departed after our stay was just outstanding. People bent over backwards to help us and go the extra mile for us. We left on our honeymoon to Japan and Bali and even though we stayed at hotels w/ personal butlers, they didn't match the Halekulani. If you are from out of town researching wedding venues, just do it. It's soooo worth it. If you have less than 120 people BONUS!.....because you can do the Hau Terrace. Months later people are saying how great the wedding was, how awesome the venue was, and how great the food was. By the way, I used to DJ weddings when I was in college
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We got married at the Halekulani in May, 2013. The service, from start to end, was beyond amazing. We actually had two ceremonies on our wedding day. There is absolutely no comparison between the service received between the two - the staff at the Halekulani is amazing. Loren, the catering manager, in particular is responsive, patient and incredibly helpful. Though they recommend a wedding planner, with Loren on board, that almost felt like an extra. She's so incredibly helpful. Unlike many other vendors, she's responsive and timely also. Then of course, the setting (Hau Terrace) is just beautiful. We loved it, and our guests are still raving about it. The food was amazing, the service impeccable. Our wedding day was so perfect and beyond what we'd hoped for. The cherry on top is all the little 'extras' that come with the wedding package. It ends up being a really great value at an amazing venue. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending this venue to future brides and couples.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was born and raised in Honolulu and have always wanted to get married in the halekulani since I was a little girl. I actually looked at several other venues prior to halekulani but was not impressed. The catering staff was not knowledgeable, didn't explain the menus or packages. It was only after visiting all other hotels did I decide to visit halekulani. I initially neglected the hotel because I thought it would be out of my price range. But I'm so glad I stopped by.
-the hotel is 5 star. It is classy, elegant and has the open air plantation feel. It is very unlike other hotels in Waikiki. While other hotels plow people thru, you feel at ease in the hotel. It is very quiet.
-their wedding packages are awesome. If you spend over 6k in food, they will hook you up with a free hotel room for your wedding night (champagne and all). Package also includes a wedding cake! They provide cake cutting tools. Valet is free for all your guests. If you add up all the little details, halekulani ends up being cheaper than most of the other venues in Waikiki. Oh forgot to mention, if you spend 6k on food, they waive the ceremony location fee. That's like anywhere from 2500-5000 saved!
-I no longer live in Hawaii ( so this is a destination wedding) so all communication with the banquet manager was done via email. Which I loved because it saved time.
-you cannot beat the service. Everyone, from the reception, to the bell boy, to the wait staff. They all give 5 star service. They will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I've never felt like such a queen.
-the food was good. All my guests were pleased with the food and drinks. I had 4 course meals and the average price was about $75/person.
-you cannot beat the view. I got married on the Hau terrace which overlooks the ocean. Absolutely stunning. Our guests , especially the out of town guests ( which were 80%) loved it.

Definitely check it out. It was my best wedding decision.
Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Quality of Service: They went above and beyond to accommodate our guest. One of our guest brought a toddler that was not yet accommodated to the time change. They brought out the a crib such that she could sleep on the lanai and the parents could stay and enjoy their meal and the reception. They also gave me and my bridesmaids spa slippers after the long day of wearing heals, which was a great relief.

Responsiveness: I planned my wedding from the east coast and corresponded mostly through email. I worked with only one person, such as to ease communication. All emails i sent, i got a response within 24 hrs. The one time i was able to visit the venue, i was able to meet with the one person that handled my wedding. Everything was quick and VERY easy.

Professionalism: The waiters and staff was amazing and very professional. They asked, noted, and accommodated every dietary restriction and qualm my guest had about food (even ones we were not able note) and they made sure they got all the orders correct. Everything tasted amazing according to our guest.

Value: The meal i thought was delicious, and many of my guest thought it was the best meal they had ever at a wedding reception. The Guava juice was amazing, the best I had ever had growing up in Hawaii, because it is made only from Guava, not diluted. It was pricey, but it was worth every penny to have such an amazing meal.

Flexibility: Catering food, they accommodated every noted allergies, as well as those that were not noted. Some guest, although they didn't have an allergy, didn't like some of the courses containing fish. They took their plates and replaced them with delicious substitutes, even though they weren't noted.
Wedding: 01/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Just had both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Hau Terrace of Halekulani and it was one of my most wonderful and memorable experiences! Halekulani offers a really nice and reasonable wedding package which includes a junior ocean suite with unparalleled ocean-front views. The food at our reception was great and the staff was friendly and world-class. Our catering manager Loren was really helpful and fast at responding to our questions (within one day), and our guests raved about how fast their drinks got refilled. In my option Halekulani's location is also superior compared to other hotels-it's not right on or super close to the main shopping street so it's less crowded and not as loud. I'm really glad that I chose Halekulani for my wedding as I wouldn't be nearly as happy with any of the other options around.
Wedding: 01/05/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
Many thanks to you and your wonderful staff for making our wedding day so special. All our guests commented on how delicious their meals (even the special requirements!) were. Please pass on a big 'mahalo' to your kitchen staff and wait staff who provided impeccable service. It's the fine attention to detail that made it all so special - the manager for the evening really took care of us to ensure we ate a hot meal and was so helpful in issuing me some slippers towards the end of the night for my poor sore party feet!

We are so glad that we chose the Halekulani for our wedding. It turned out absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations in every way.

A very special thank you Loren for your guidance and advice along the way, we appreciate your expertise and professionalism.

AJ 5 Reviews
Perfection cannot be put in words and that is what Halekulani strives for. From the moment we did a venue visit to the time we got married and departed the Halekulani treated us with class. They were very courteous and answered everything without once losing patience.

Lauren at the catering department is simply outstanding. At one point we felt that she was more worried about everything going well than us which made us feel very good about the professional approach of the entire staff this hotel hires.

The food was impeccable. Chef Vikram created some special Hors on my request and my guests could not stop talking about them.

If you want a wedding done right Halekulani is the only way to go.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First off, you really get what you pay for here. I couldn't believe the amount of compliments we received after the wedding. All of our guests were so happy with the service and the food. My husband and I would have completely regretted our decision if we had gone with another venue.

We worked with Loren Petrowski the entire time, and she was just so understanding with everything. Very prompted in emails and so very professional. I asked a billion questions, and she was always so patient with me. Everything during the planning process ran so smoothly. Which lead to a very smooth day of (from the brides point of view). I'm not too sure if anything went wrong behind the scenes, but I didn't hear anything of it, which kept the day of..so stress-free.

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Halekulani. We had a dinner buffet for our wedding. I don't know many hotel venues in Hawaii that allow you to do a taste testing free of charge. From my recollection, you need to have a plated dinner in order to have a taste testing. That was a pleasant surprise. We also had our wedding cake done through them. We had a special request so it was considered an upgrade. The pastry chef did an excellent job in replicating the design of our request. Not only did it look AMAZING, but it tasted amazing too!

And lastly, it was it was so important to us that our guests were happy. Being that there was free validated self-parking and free validated valet (plus gratuity) was just the cherry on top. I mean FREE, in the heart of Waikiki. That’s just unheard of! My Dad had been waiting for the car and they offered him bottled water. They really go above and beyond!

We had such a great experience with them, and I'm so glad we chose Halekulani for our special day. We can't thank the staff enough for their amazing efforts to put together everything, just as we imagined.

Wedding: 11/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What a dream it is to get married in Hawaii AND to get married at one of the most prestigious hotels on Oahu~! To be honest, I didn't even visit the venue before we booked it - it's so highly regarded and recommended that I felt totally comfortable just going for it :) Planning a wedding from Seattle, I wanted to make sure that I had a team of vendors that I could trust that would make my life easier and THAT was definitely the Halekulani.

Some details - we had 150 guests, opted for the nicer buffet, and had our ceremony in the garden courtyard and the reception in the ballroom. All of our guests were impressed with the 5-star service, and everyone was looking forward to the food. Just an FYI - their buffet is not necessarily the "cheaper" choice...it's actually more expensive than manyof their plated meals, so we were actually upgrading to the nicer of the two offered buffets). For our chafing dishes, we chose the steamed onaga (a signature dish), london broil, and the seafood curry (with scallops and sea bass - THIS was the surprise hit of the evening. I would have never imagined serving curry at a wedding, but it was just so flavorful and delicious that I had to go for it and everyone thanked me for that~!). We also had the prime rib as another main dish. The salads, appetizers, and desserts are to die for....the poke is DELISH, and the bread pudding..WOW...WOW..WOW~! SO GOOD!!

Though the Halekulani is a more expensive venue, if it's important to you to have top-knotch service, excellent communication, and impeccable execution of details - then I would highly recommend Halekulani. It's actually more affordable than I thought, so make sure you at least check it out!! I felt Loren went above and beyond for us, and we were exceptionally pleased every step of the way~! Every detail at Halekulani is just so impressive...my heart was full of appreciation~!!!
Wedding: 11/11/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Wow, Wow, Wow!
We were very happy with the quick responses we received in the lead up to our wedding. And then we saw the venue for the first time 4 days before the event after arriving from Australia. We were blown away. Great location, amazing set up, everything about the Hau Terrace just felt amazing.
They were very accomodating in regards to handling favours, decorations etc for us prior to the event. On the day, all the staff were incredibly helpful and of the higest standard. They did a fantastic job handling our fresh leis before we arrived. They also created a beautiful wedding cake to our request. All our guests (as we are) are still talking about the quality food served and it helped make a truly memorable night! Whilst it isn't a budget venue, it was still good value as we have never experienced such a beautiful venue and accompanying food. Just make sure your music request is suitable for the venue. It was a brilliant venue for our reception.
Wedding: 08/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding reception dinner at the Halekulani Hotel in the Kalia/Kiawe private rooms. Our experience was seamless from start to finish. Joel the Director of Catering was our contact throughout the process and was such a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive and paid attention to each detail. He even had the chef prepare a special meal for my mom who can't eat many foods. The rooms were set up beautifully and the banquet captain and staff working with us that night were on point. I heard from several of our family and friends that anything they wanted they got. My maid of honor was jokingly talking about her hang nail and how painfuil they are, and within minutes someone was there with a nail clipper. Wow! A little pricey but well worth the money for the kind of imaculate and intimate experience a wedding reception begs for. Excellent!
Wedding: 08/18/2012

Anonymous 6 Reviews
What an amazing and classy venue to have your wedding! Service at this hotel is unmatchable. Every single staff member I encountered was professional and courteous. Its not a really huge hotel which is what I liked about it. Pool is secluded from the marriage sites and ballroom. No kids running wild. We went with the buffet for our guests and received tons and tons of great feedback about the food. Even the wedding cake that they provided for me was delicious! Banquet captain was great as well. I would highly recommend the Halekulani!

Urara-Chan 6 Reviews
I dunno what more can be said about the Halekulani other than WOW, WONDERFUL JOB! The Halekulani and their staff was very friendly and helpful with our wedding. The venue was beautiful and the food.... the food. The food was so delicious and ono, we just wanted to take the entire buffet line home for leftovers! The cake came with with our wedding too, and the cake was so light and fluffy, It was balanced just right!
Planning to have your wedding at the Halekulani? Trust me, you can't go wrong!
Wedding: 06/22/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Truly a fantastic place and probably the most classy place in Honolulu. We had 186 guests and spent over $ 14,000 on food and over $7,000 on alcohol. If you spend over $ 14,000 on food, you get the ceremony, cake, two night stay in a hotel suite, and a couple of other perks for free. They respond to e-mails fast and were always professional and kind towards us. It is a little expensive, but the food and service are completely worth it. You speak to any of the locals and they will tell you the Halekulani has the best wedding food on the island.
Wedding: 03/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding reception at The Halekulaniand if I could give it a higher rating I would. After much research on Orchids and House Without a Key I decided we wanted to have a private reception as opposed to dinner in a restaurant with other people. Tripadvisor reviews raved about all the restaurants at Halekulani and the quality of food is utmost importance to us. I happened to come across their private rooms on their website. For our party of 9, I decided to book the Kiawe Room and we couldn't be happier. There is no site fee just minimum food revenue of $1500 which includes the cake. This is pretty reasonable when compared to other sites like San Souci Room that is farther from the center of Waikiki and the atmosphere there is more down to earth.

Our catering manager, Joel Nishimoto, and admin, Tina Hum, were outstanding to work with from beginning to end. Every question or doubt was answered promptly with the details required. The contract and deposit details were well written and broken down which helped tremendously when planning a wedding without a coordinator. They are professionals and really put my mind at ease as I was a destination bride and have never been to Honolulu before.

Upon arrival to the hotel, for our reception, the lady at the front desk immediately escorted us to our room. There, Steven, who looked after us all evening, was awaiting our arrival and had placed the candles and favors we dropped off the day before. The wedding cake was displayed on a smaller table with green cymbidium orchids just as I requested. Everything was perfect and we felt they we were taken care of by family. Steven and the lady (sorry forgot her name) who looked after us all night were attentive yet unobtrusive. My family felt so comfortable they kicked off their shoes and thoroughly enjoyed themselves!! JUST WHAT WE HAD HOPED FOR!!

I could go on forever about the impeccable service, but I MUST leave room for the food. While we had our pictures taken we had cocktail hour and 4 butler passed hor d'oeuvres which were delicious: Purse of Smoked Duck, Caramelized Peach and Goat Cheese (YUM our fav and was the least expensive!), Beef Crostini, Chicken Satay, Scallop Wrapped in Bacon (light and crispy). The timing was perfect and they always kept a close eye on our drink refills. Oh BTW they let us bring in our own wine/champagne and charged $25 corkage fee so major plus there.

For dinner, we created a 4 course custom menu from their preset menus and it was very reasonably priced. We started with Ceasar Salad with Seared Scallops - the scallops had a layer of cream baked into the top so it was not your standard seared scallops. 2nd course was Ahi Poke with Lump Crab on Top. 3rd course was Filet Mignon with Lobster. The lobster was perfectly cooked and had a really nice sauce. 4th course was Twice Baked Goat Cheese with Fruit. We were stuffed at this point but it was such a nice fluffy and airy pastry that everyone devoured it.

For our wedding cake we had 2 tiers and they let us do 2 flavors! I had to try Haupia and Raspberry and Cream on the bottom tier. Though we were stuffed everyone raved about the cake. We had the bottom tier which had fresh berries baked in and was simply divine. Are you drooling yet? Steven wrapped the top tier for us to take home.

The reception was the very first thing I booked for our wedding as I wanted to ensure we had a wonderful meal on our special day. We are ecstatic with our experience and would highly recommend Halekulani for any special event! Halekulani will take care of you like family.
Wedding: 10/20/2011
 808-923-2311
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire