Halekulani Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

the best 5-star hotel on the island. service is extraordinary. quality of products is great. food is amazing. staff are welcoming and very accommodating. working with Loren in the the catering services department was good, she is very efficient.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the day we heard about Halekulani, till the end, we were absolutely amazed by the hotel itself, the food, and especially staff. We were greeted everywhere and helped in anyway possible. Me and my wife had our wedding at Hau Terrace. Upon our first visit, we met Loren Petrowski and saw the venue, we were taken away from the sights and view they had to offer. Loren was able to answer any questions we had in a timing manner and suggest things that would work within our budget and guest preferences. We can't say enough good things about them. Keep up the great work and we will be sure to come back and visit. Those who are thinking about coming here don't need to worry about a thing when these people are looking after you. Thank you so much!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Halekulani was hands down the best decision for our wedding day. From the first emails, they made me feel so special and really set my mind at ease with how organized and professional they are. Their level of service is really unmatched. My catering manager, Tom, was amazing. I'e sure he does this for every couple he works with, but I really felt like I was getting star treatment from him. He answered my emails very quickly (I made many) and really went above and beyond to make us happy. I always knew I was in good hands with them. The hotel is just so beautiful, considering it is in Waikiki; it makes from amazing wedding photos. Our ceremony and reception site, the Hau Terrace, was perfect for creating an intimate and picturesque setting. The food was amazing! Our friends and family are still talking about it! They also did our cake, which they customized a little for us and it came out absolutely amazing and delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone getting married.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Halekulani is by far the most beautiful hotel on the island of Oahu. The bridal party prepared for the wedding in a Diamond Head Suite with a picture perfect view and the men got ready in a Jr. Suite. Both rooms were amazing and perfect for wedding prep picture taking. All of my wedding guest loved the ceremony set up and could not stop talking about how amazing the food tasted to include the cake! I'm so happy we chose to get married there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Five star venue. Wonderful place to have a wedding. It felt like a fairy tale.

Jon
07/23/2014

We got married on the Waimanalo beach and it was just the 2 of us. We wanted to make sure that our dinner was going to be a very special evening. Even though it was just the two of us Ku'ulei Lipton from the Halekulani Hotel was very responsive months in advanced by making sure we had a special table. When the limo dropped us off after the ceremony there was a table with an amazing view of the ocean with rose petals all over the table. This was so special and amazing! Thank You Ku'ukei!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not thank Loren and Halekulani enough for making our wedding absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony and reception at the Hau Terrace. We had about 80 guests.The setting and view was so beautiful. Loren was the coordinator at Halekulani she always respond nearly immediately after i hit the send button on my email! She is so organized and efficient.The staff treat you like royalty there. I highly recommend having your wedding at Halekulani. It's worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This hotel did so much for me! The room that we were provided was AMAZING!!! Also, the service provided to our room was outstanding. Almost anything we could ask for, the hotel was able to provide. We even needed a last minute steam on my wife's dress because it had gotten wrinkled in transit and they were able to take care of it no problem. The utmost professionalism was always provided. We felt like we were treated like royalty the entire weekend which was very comforting. Also, coordinating with our contact from this hotel was very pleasant and she was always helpful in providing us with whatever information we needed. I am more than happy that we chose this hotel.

1+ year ago
4.2

When we wanted a Waikiki Hotel wedding, our wedding planner only said one name – Halekulani; Halekulani is known for good service and amazing quality of everything. Since we were planning our wedding from another country, we went for the best. My correspondence with a hotel was spotty. Some days I got really nice emails, some days not so much. However, overall it was a pleasant experience.

We used the Hau terrace (I know they don't allow DJs there anymore, we were still allowed). What a beautiful location, breathtaking view! Food and drinks were a top priority for us and we never regretted picking Halekulani for our Big Day. Our appetizers before dinner, plated dinner and after-dinner snacks were the best I have ever seen at any of the weddings. Drinks were top quality and we were pleased we got to go over the bar menu and pick what will be there. Wine selection was superb; our families really enjoyed the quality of the wines.

It is important to especially acknowledge banquet manager on duty that day Zack (sorry if I misspelled). He made up for all the imperfections and friction that we had with the hotel managers. Zack was the most professional person we dealt with at Halekulani and the person who knew how to make customers happy. Everything we asked for was delivered and done. Cannot say enough how thankful we are to him for making sure our night was special and went without a glitch.

Overall we are very pleased with our $6,000 package. We got to spend a romantic night at the Halekulani suit. The quality of the hotel was superb, when we have money - we will be back!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing and Exceptional quality with excellent service. Our Catering Manager/s and Banquet chief made entire flow of Ceremony on Hau Terrace to the reception dinner Hau Terrace seamless! We created our own atmosphere with never been done before decor and it was approved with great flexibility and professionalism. The entire Wedding day and night was beyond my wildest dreams and went flawless. The fairytale ending was a surprise upgrade to their gorgeous suite with Champagne and chocolate strawberries and a gift!! Truly outstanding service in every detail. My pointer is to review all contract charges thoroughly!
With Gratitude and Aloha, The Steele's

Yuen
03/15/2014
4.7

I have absolutely no regrets about having our wedding at the Halekulani. We scoured every available wedding venue in Oahu and could not find anything to top the Halekulani! Everything exceeded our expectations - food, service, ambiance, view... THE LOT! Our guests could not stop raving about the elegant food and service during our wedding, which made our day the more memorable.

We were lucky enough to say at the Diamond Head Suite, which boasts the most jaw dropping view! The Halekulani also houses some of the top restaurants in Honolulu. We were fortunate to visit: Orchids (incredible Sunday brunch); Lewers Lounge (great intimate atmosphere with staff who really know their cocktails); House without a Key (nice outdoor venue with refreshing array of drinks and a crab sandwich, which my wife cannot stop raving about!); and the in room dining option was also very nice.

Our Catering Manger, Loren is a first class professional. She was incredibly efficient to deal with and responded to all our questions via email in lightening efficiency (something we valued as we were planning our wedding half way around the world). Our banquet manager during the wedding, Steven was also a charm to deal with. He was courteous to all our guests & vendors, and also anticipated our needs to make our day stress free and more enjoyable.

All in all, I found it very difficult to fault the Halekulani. I would definitely recommend couples to consider the Halekulani as a wedding destination. We'll be sure to visit this place in the future to celebrate our anniversary!

1+ year ago

My husband and I got married at the Halekulani, and I would recommend it as a wedding venue in a heartbeat. We got married on the Halekulani's Hau Terrace Lanai. The view is stunning, and it's one of the few Waikiki venues where you can actually have a private ceremony and reception. Unless you want random tourists walking through your ceremony and taking photos of you, this is definitely a must.

The service was impeccable. Loren Petrowski did an amazing job organizing our wedding: she was friendly, well organized, detail oriented, and always quick to reply to my many e-mail questions. We were planning the wedding from the mainland, so we appreciated how she always made us feel like we were in good hands. Service on the night was also excellent: Steven did a fantastic job of running things.

We chose the buffet dinner option, and it was delicious. (Our guests raved about the food.) The Halekulani is definitely not a cheap venue; that said, I'd still give five stars for value, because the quality was worth every penny we paid. The drink prices were steep, but, overall, venues of comparable quality cost a lot more than the Halekulani. If you spend a certain amount on food, the Halekulani waives the ceremony site fee and gives you a bunch of perks--including a free wedding cake and a night's stay in the hotel (which is amazing).

Being from O'ahu, I was hesitant to get married in Waikiki; we did it for logistical reasons, since our guests were travelling from so far away. In hindsight, I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. Next time I'm home, I'm going back to the Halekulani for another piece of that amazing coconut cake!

Mr. & Mrs. Yamashita
08/16/2013

My husband and looked at every wedding location on Oahu and Maui. We fell in love with two spots Halekulani and Lanikuhonua, both on Oahu.

We did our pros/cons and Halekulani came on top for these reasons:
1) There was a chance of rain on our wedding day
2) With older guest, easy access and clean bathrooms was a major priority
3) Transportation to and from wedding site --- most of our guest stayed in Waikiki, so Halekulani
4) The beauty and convenience for us + the free wedding cake, honeymoon suite, and a lot of other goodies Halekulani provided sealed the deal

Also, having an onsite wedding coordinator at Halekulani, Joel Nishimoto, made all the difference. He is absolutely the most patient and understanding man. I made many changes to our reception setup up (last minute), and I aslo forgot many other details, which Joel reminded me and was on top of. Thank you Joel if you are reading this review.

The venue, the service, the SPECTACULAR HONEYMOON SUITE with ocean view was to die for. Classy! classy! classy! I am beyond thrilled we chose Halekulani for our wedding and reception site.

2+ years ago

While Halekulani may not seem to be the most affordable upfront, may we encourage you to take the time to evaluate their value. You receive exceptional service for you and your guests, excellent FOOD (that was our number one priority), free valet parking for everyone, delicious and beautiful wedding cake, complementary stay(s) at the hotel, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, your own Halekulani champagne glasses... They constantly strive to go above and beyond for you. If you looked once, look again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

What else is there to say about this place?
Everyone in Hawaii knows its the best hotel for a reason. The service is absolutely impeccable, the hotel is beautiful and did I mention the service?

I have been to Halekulani on multiple occasions over the years to eat at the restaurants or for weddings and I knew that when we decided to get married on Oahu that there were only a couple of choices. After looking over the options we easily decided on Halekulani.

Our catering director was Loren Petrowski and she is just insane. She replies to emails so quickly and with such detail and clarity that it instantly puts you at ease. She coordinated our tasting and we met with her a couple of times before the wedding and asked a bunch of silly questions which she answered with a smile on her face.

She was there for our rehearsal and on the day of to make sure everything was running smoothly. Our banquet captain Alan was just awesome. He kept checking on us to make sure everything was going smoothly and sent extra food and cake to our room since we were too busy to eat.

The Hau Terrace as a wedding venue is pretty hard to beat on the island. Especially if you are getting married in a hotel. The problem is that Hawaii weddings are large and it only holds 120 people max, otherwise that room would be booked out for years.

Again the service from the time we stepped foot on the grounds to the time we departed after our stay was just outstanding. People bent over backwards to help us and go the extra mile for us. We left on our honeymoon to Japan and Bali and even though we stayed at hotels w/ personal butlers, they didn't match the Halekulani. If you are from out of town researching wedding venues, just do it. It's soooo worth it. If you have less than 120 people BONUS!.....because you can do the Hau Terrace. Months later people are saying how great the wedding was, how awesome the venue was, and how great the food was. By the way, I used to DJ weddings when I was in college

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We got married at the Halekulani in May, 2013. The service, from start to end, was beyond amazing. We actually had two ceremonies on our wedding day. There is absolutely no comparison between the service received between the two - the staff at the Halekulani is amazing. Loren, the catering manager, in particular is responsive, patient and incredibly helpful. Though they recommend a wedding planner, with Loren on board, that almost felt like an extra. She's so incredibly helpful. Unlike many other vendors, she's responsive and timely also. Then of course, the setting (Hau Terrace) is just beautiful. We loved it, and our guests are still raving about it. The food was amazing, the service impeccable. Our wedding day was so perfect and beyond what we'd hoped for. The cherry on top is all the little 'extras' that come with the wedding package. It ends up being a really great value at an amazing venue. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending this venue to future brides and couples.