Hair And Faces By Lisa

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

I contacted Lisa, after a friend of the family had highly recommended her. From our first contact to our last communication, Lisa was professional, responsive, and incredibly flexible. I was immediately impressed. We booked her for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah, and although the service began at 10 am, we asked her to work on five ladies, aged 12 to 70. Lisa didn't hesitate a moment. We signed the contract, and continued to communicate regularly over the next few months. She arrived at the hotel promptly at 5:15 am the day of the Bat Mitzvah, and I was so impressed at how well prepared and efficient she was. Lisa unpacked suitcases full of supplies quickly and before we knew it, she was ready for my daughter. Multitasking is a skill Lisa has obviously mastered. Although she was always cognizant of her time and schedule, she couldn’t have been more friendly or engaging. In fact, we spent most of the morning laughing while she worked. Lisa was always willing to do exactly what any of us wanted, but wouldn't hesitate to perhaps make a different suggestion, if she thought it would work better. Lisa is a true artist, and has an amazing ability to enhance a client's beauty. She created five distinct looks that complimented our individual personalities, and we all felt stunning! She is unbelievably talented, and I was overwhelmed by the continuous compliments I received all day. My up do lasted all weekend, and my makeup stayed on until I removed it late that evening. Reasonable is an understatement when it comes to describing her rates, as the way she makes you feel is truly priceless. We will not hesitate to use her again for all our future events, and I suggest anyone reading this review do the same. You will not be disappointed!!

Cindy & Michael
05/31/2015

Lisa was a pleasure to work with. She did the hair and make-up for my bridal party and me (4) and make-up for the two moms. Showed up at 9am at the location of our choice and finished exactly on schedule. Everyone's hair and make-up looked perfect. She was responsive and professional throughout the whole process, and in her hands, I never had to worry about our wedding day looks. Would certainly recommend!

Recently Married

I contacted Lisa in early April to make an appointment for hair and makeup at my hotel for my son's wedding. I was very lucky she was available, as the salon in Rockville where I had originally booked an appointment had to cancel. She was very easy to work with and ended up doing the hair and make up for 3 other people who had also traveled for the wedding. She was very professional, prompt, well-prepared and did a fantastic job with all of us. I have a skin issue that is difficult to cover up but Lisa was able to make my skin look flawless. I was thrilled. She also suggested that I wear my hair partially up, which I had never done, and it looked amazing. I received many compliments throughout the wedding and reception. If you want someone who is totally professional, fun to work with and can work quickly yet thoroughly, I would highly recommend Lisa. THANK YOU, LISA!!

1 person found this review helpful

Lisa is absolutely amazing! She single-handedly took care of the hair and makeup for all 5 of my bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, my mom, mom-in-law, my grandma, and ME. I chose her to do my hair and makeup because she offered VERY competitive and reasonably priced services for all of the women I mentioned above compared to other vendors, and I feel that I got the best bang for my buck because of her. She worked with all of us quickly, but carefully as well. All of our makeup looked flawless, and we were even ahead of schedule because of how efficient she was with her time. Also, she was just so approachable and kind, and she made all of my girls laugh and feel at ease, which helped me as a bride the most. She's wonderful and I would definitely use her again for future events.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Lisa was at absolute joy to work with! I contacted her with little notice and kept adding services! See was great and kept us laughing - we were so pleased. My wife and I both LOVED our makeovers!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Lisa did a fabulous job with hair and makeup for my wedding. Everyone looked beautiful and loved the way they looked. Lisa was open to fixing a bridesmaids hair when it wasn't exactly what she wanted, which was much appreciated! We enjoyed working with Lisa and had lots of laughs in between hair and make up :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was so happy to have Lisa there on my wedding day! My hair and makeup was perfect, exactly as we had discussed at my trial. Her fun and bubbly personality made her a blast to work with. She made some great suggestions for my hair and I respect her opinion immensely.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

When my original hair dresser fell through a month before my wedding Lisa pulled us out of the fire and saved the day! She did an absolutely beautiful job with everyone's hair for my wedding. She has an incredible vision of style and is able to make everyone look beautiful but still like themselves. Incredibly talented and professional! I highly recommend Lisa for your special occasion! P.S. She works GREAT with curly hair :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Lisa provided hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids in the bridal suite for my November 2013 wedding. Lisa was great because she provided both services, did not charge me for a hair trial and charged a reasonable travel fee. She also was very flexible with my bridesmaids changing their minds about the services they wanted right up until that day and my mother decided last minute to get her make up done. I was extremely happy with the way my hair and makeup turned out.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Awesome cut & updo by Lisa Yaffe! Very professional & talented. Her salon is clean, neat & her prices are very reasonable especially considering how talented she is. She works especially well with thin, fine hair & can recommend good products & hair tips. My hair finally looks healthy & full again! I would definitely recommend to a friend. I'll be going to her again for any hair or make up needs for sure

Hair And Faces By Lisa responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Kate!!! It was a pleasure to meet you and work with you.
I am so pleased that I could make you feel even more beautiful!!! :)

Brandi
10/12/2013

Lisa was WONDERFUL! Very talented, professional, and friendly. I did not have time for a consultation before the wedding, but Lisa was very flexible and patient with all of the emails of pictures I sent her with what I was looking for. And actually, on the day of, she suggested a beautiful hair do and it was perfect! I loved my hair and all of the bridesmaids' hair dos were gorgeous as well. She is very talented and creative.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Lisa was invaluable to our wedding experience. When another stylist canceled right before my daughter's hair trial, I found Lisa and she came to our rescue. The day of an afternoon wedding she came early in the morning and gave everyone personal attention so it never seemed rushed or harried. Everyone in the wedding party looked beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again. Thank you Lisa!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Do yourself a favor and hire Lisa to do your hair and make-up the day of your wedding! She was absolutely wonderful! We met at my consultation and I knew right away that she would be the one to do my hair and make-up on the most important day of my life. Lisa did my hair, my mom's hair, my 2 bridesmainds, and my two nieces' hair. She showed up at my house early on the big day and stayed right up until the car picked us up. I would recommend her a million times over!

2+ years ago

Lisa did the makeup for all my bridesmaids and the hair and makeup for me... she was great! It was so nice to finally interact with a vendor that was responsive to emails and willing to accommodate all of my needs and requests. She was very professional and was on time on the day of the event and finished with everyone early. She even helped with minor finishing touches with everyone. She is definitely a diamond in the rocks and am I so thankful that she helped to make my day special. Thanks Lisa and best wishes to you for continued success!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Lisa just did the hair for myself and all of the bridesmaids in my wedding and everyone was happy with the outcome. Everyone picked a different style and she offered some guidance depending on each girl's haircut and the finished product was perfect! She was also prompt on the day of the event and was able to finish early! If you contact her she is also quick to respond which I had had trouble with when I contacted other vendors. Thanks Lisa! -Mara

Hair And Faces By Lisa responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Mara!! I had a blast with everyone and I am so pleased that everyone loved there hair. xoxoxo

Jay
05/25/2013

Lisa was my hair stylist for my wedding for myself and other family members. She did a terrific job and every one liked the way they looked