Gulmohar Weddings

3.7
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Best experience of my lifetime ... I'm so glad we choose gulmohar weddings to decorate for my wedding & reception . I was very nervous I talked to few other decorators and couldn't get anywhere with them . Either the price was too high or they didn't have what I wanted .. Big mess .then We were referred by one of my friends aunt who lives in Richmond va...she said call her and she will handle everything for you which I did and that was it. I did not have to look any more. Dolly and her team made my dream come true. It was a very smooth operation .cant thank u enough.
Me and Rahul appreciate all your hard work.

Services Used: Flowers

Just got married last month . Dolly did excellent job understanding theme and colors to fit my expectations... She was easy to work with , even though I got my wedding outfit a week prior to my wedding and it was not the color we had selected with her . I called her and told her that we will have to change our colors for all the linens , centerpieces, lighting etc and she was very cooperative and helped us all the way . I recommend her to every bride who wants best for there taste.

Services Used: Flowers
Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago
2.8

Dolly was the most frustrating of all of my vendors. I contacted her in August for my January wedding. My mother was in town and we went to her house together and made all of the decisions together. Dolly took notes and promised to get back to me within two weeks with a contract for everything we had decided. She didn't get back to me and every time I contacted her, she put me off. I finally met with her again in December at the venue to make the final arrangements. She had her family with her and was in a huge hurry. She didn't remember the decisions we had made back in August and insisted that there were things we hadn't decided. She left saying she would send me the contract and the price. I still didn't know how much this was going to cost!

I got that info from her finally in early January. The amount was fine - in fact, less than what I expected. But getting the check to her was ridiculous. She was constantly out of town and wouldn't make arrangements despite me constantly asking her. She finally decided to pick it up 2 days before the wedding! She didn't give me an exact time, and I completely forgot as I had been busy all day and had family obligations elsewhere in town. Luckily, my sister was at home to give her a check for me when Dolly came and demanded she needed the check right then. Oh, and apparently she was also in a hurry because apparently her husband was waiting in the car. Real professional.

Then, the night before my wedding, she called me to insist that she had no access to certain decorations that I had left for her at the venue (she had instructed me to leave them for her in this way) and to clarify what color certain decorations were supposed to be. The night before my wedding!!!

Ultimately, the decorations were nice and well done (though the centerpieces were taller than what my mother and I had asked for). She is good at her job but terribly disorganized and needs an assistant. She also values her own time more than she does her client's.

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor