Gulf Drive Cafe' & The Kokonut Hut

Gulf Drive Cafe' & The Kokonut Hut

Bradenton beach, FL
941.778.1919
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Value
4.2
Flexibility
4.1

I just had my wedding there a few days ago (sunday) and Kelli did everything perfect, We had our ceremony on the beach the arch was set up beautifully; We also had our reception after and the setup was wonderful, Everything that I Invisioned! My wedding was so perfect and beautiful, Kelli really went the extra mile to make my day so speical .The location has gorgegous views, The food was excellent good sized portions, eveyone at my wedding had such a wonderful time, and also said it was the best wedding they ever went to !!! The staff was very nice and polite, My husband and I highly recommend to a friend or anyone to have there special day at gulf cafe! They are very reasonable price wise ! Kelli is a wonderful person to work with she will make your day magical! We can't thank Kelli enough she is an amazing person she made our dreams come true on our wedding day!

1 person found this review helpful
lzeiner
03/06/2015

The location was awesome! Kelli and her team did a wonderful job and everything came together nicely. We had the Caribbean Chicken & Mahi Mahi with pineapple/mango sauce for entrees, which was excellent. I also recommend the meatballs with homemade BBQ sauce, fresh fruit w/strawberry dip & bruschetta for appetizers. All the food was so good and the service during the reception was excellent. Kelli and her team were there to help with anything we needed for both the ceremony & reception. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone wanting a beach/destination wedding. Thanks for making the day so nice for the Bride & Groom!

1 person found this review helpful
Private User
Recently Married
1.0

Do NOT get married here! If I had more room I would have a lot of negative things to say: Kelli was horrible to work with. Not flexible, not helpful, you cannot even reach her she never answers the phone! We drove two hours to meet with her and she stood us up, lied and said we cancelled when we didn't. Refuses to listen to bride and grooms concerns. Doesn't even physically do much to set up the venue, she was over an hour late arriving to set up for our wedding, and wouldn't answer my calls to reach her that day. does not show up to your rehearsal to help you in any way, when her job title is wedding coordinator/event planner. We were treated poorly and the DJ was very frustrated trying to work with them they didn't provide her with basic things she needed to perform her job. Very sketchy with the pricing, they changed employees and policies after we signed a contract and didn't even bother to tell us and were acting annoyed that they had to "deal" with what they called old pricing brides. FIND ANOTHER VENUE DO NOT DEAL WITH THE GULF DRIVE CAFE. We had to set up everything on our own Kelli and her team did nothing to help with decor. There are other places on the beach that are much better! Don't listen to these old reviews.

Private User
Recently Married
0.8

Dont do it. Everything was wrong. Food was all cold and greasy and tasteless

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything for our wedding was perfect. The food was amazing and the staff were great! My guests raved about the food as well as the bartender and staff. It was stress free and relaxing. If your planning your wedding you should look at the gulf drive café/tiki hut! We were very pleased with everything. Thanks again for a perfect day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married here on 04/12/14. It was perfect for the beach wedding I've always dreamed of! The staff was excellent & very prompt & prepared.

Sharon
09/23/2013

We loved having our Wedding and Wedding Reception at the Kokonut Hut. Despite the worst Rain in many years our Wedding was very memorable thanks in large measure to the staff. Angie, the Event Planner,from the time I first contacted her, was exceptional in her dedication to coordinating the details for our Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding, Wedding Reception and Morning after Breakfast. My Wedding Planner Sheila, commented on how much she enjoyed working with Angie because of her professionalism. Additional thanks to Stacey, the Banquet Captain, and Willie, the Banquet Assistant, for their tireless efforts and long hours on behalf of our events.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Sharon
09/23/2013

We are so glad that we chose this location for our Grooms barbecue dinner, wedding,wedding reception and the next day breakfast; complete with an omelette bar. Our family and friends still talk about the seafood Paella that was made right before us all and served individually to each of our guests! The Wedding Planner was so easy to work with and the Wait Staff prompt and courteous. Thank you all for helping us have the best day!

Kind regards,

Ben and Sharon

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
2.6

Let me start off by saying that our wedding, in the end, was perfect in every way possible. That was mostly due to our laid back demeanor, being surrounded by our family & friends, and being determined that NO ONE (venue or otherwise) was going to ruin our day. Now, the process leading up to the big day was a completely different story. Pete started off as our main contact person. About two months before I called to set up a meeting to discuss menu, details, etc. I was just then informed Pete no longer worked for Gulf Drive Tiki. When we chose this place for our ceremony & reception, I was promised the WORLD. When I was forced to work with Angela, I was told NO to every single thing I had discussed with Pete. I ended up getting an email from the owner back tracking for Angela because of how my meeting with Angela went. Negatives -The new bathrooms STILL aren't done. -First Angela said they lost our contract, or couldn't find it. Once they did find it, they said it wasn't signed (even though they cashed my check). So basically all those details I okayed with Pete went out the window because no one signed it on their end. -They charge you TWICE for chairs (once for the ceremony and once for the reception). At $3 a chair with 125 guests, that is INSANE. I went with an outside company for MUCH less. -Pete told us we could go past 10:00p if we had a DJ (if we had a band, we had to end at 10 because of a sound ordinance). I fought this to the end and it was one of the things I was victorious on....we went until 11p) -Pete told us he would work with our budget on food.There was no negotiation or working with our budget. Prices on the menu were set and the menu was set. Finally, I would say the most disturbing thing that happened several times was how Angela looked down on us. And I quote,"We could do this but you wouldn't want to pay for it." or "Well most of our brides have wedding planners." This was one day in our lives, our budget was very reasonable

carrie
04/29/2013

Loved my wedding, it was my vision come true. I worked with Angie and she was great. Very responsive with phone calls and texts, wanted to make the day perfect for us. Venue was exactly what I wanted.

Jenny
04/13/2013
3.0

The location was amazing. Beautiful for photos and a relaxed wedding atmosphere. Angie was nice to work with but a little disorganized. We started working with Pete, who mysteriously stopped working there about a month before the wedding and we had to figure that out for ourselves. The bar tab was high...lots of drinks on there that weren't on our approved list. A few party crashers made it in because there isn't really a way to stop it, which I brought up before the wedding and was told "just don't worry about it." I'm sure they all got some drinks out of it. Food was not what we wanted. Pete knew what we wanted, but I guess the information was not passed along. It's a beautiful venue and nice to have tables, linens, plates, etc all packaged up together, but make sure you request the WHOLE bar to be shut down to outsiders, and go over tipping beforehand. They had a tip jar out all night and then added 18% to the bar tab.

I would still recommend this place for a wedding or event, but you have to be a little pushier to get what you want.

4.7

Our experience with the staff was excellent. They were easy to communicate with and wanted to make our day special! The venue was perfect for our guests!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall great experience for the celebration of our wedding. It took a little bit time to get everything organized, but once our big day arrived, everything went smooth. Thoughtful service, good selection of food/drinks, professional staff and great customer care. Hint: include the "prime ribs" in your menu, it looks great on a buffet with its own stand and chef.

2.8

It was beautiful and I had a dream wedding, but be prepared: POS: -The location can't be beat. STUNNING. -The food is DELISH. They can make anything—but there’s no tasting & most of the food are not on the main menu. NEG: -Pete, the person in charge, is over-extended. It would take days & reaching out multiple calls or emails. -We didn’t find out about construction until 6 wks before--via FB. They did hide all the spaces facing the wedding behind bamboo fencing but the back side they agreed to clean up & remove caution tape from wasn't done & it was an eyesore walking up to the facility or to the original baths—because the new ones promised weren’t finished. No compensation offered for construction at all. - Some lady that was not at any prior meetings ran the show that day, not Pete. Many things that I told Pete she wasn’t informed of. Apps weren’t delivered until people were seated for the reception instead of cocktail hour. I was very clear that I wanted the walls down & I did not want ppl to be in our reception space prior for surprise factor but walls didn’t get dropped until the cocktails were done—which left guests in that space. None of the vegetarian or kids meals were delivered. The 5 high chairs we requested weren’t there. -They need a price list or just give one # that incl. all the add-ons already. Despite the contract saying I can have my own linens, Pete said we HAD to go thru him—& for 2x what I could have paid. Also, the bar min. kept changing--& not listed at all. At the end of the night, they charged my dad one amt, to come back to him 30 mins later & say that they needed to charge $500 more. - There needs to be reasonable time given to clean up. It is unreasonable to have an event end at 10pm & be out at that same moment. One rude staff said to me, “We need to do this fast because our boss only pays us until 10pm so we want to go home.” -If I heard the phrase one more time, “All the other brides love it” I will scream.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing wedding at the Tiki Bar. The staff was accommodating, and the set up was beautiful. I would highly suggest getting married there!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tiki at the Gulf Drive Cafe is an absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding or reception. We would definitely recommend it. We had a few issues with communicating with the venue's management during the planning phases, but they definitely redeemed themselves the week of/day of our wedding. Everything was ready as promised, they were accommodating and they did a great job on our special day. Thanks Gulf Drive!!