Groove Alliance

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Groove Alliance is the best dance band we, or any of our guests, have ever seen or danced to. We have been to over 50 weddings and events with dance bands and we can say unequivocally that Griove Alliance sets the bar. Mike understood the bride and groom perfectly and customized a play list that had every guest dancing, laughing and leaping for 3 hours. It was simply amazing. If you are seeking a wedding or event dance band, look no further. Highest recommendation.

Recently Married

If you are looking for a dance-y wedding band, look no further. The Groove Alliance exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds. When the band was playing, no one was in a seat. They were so easy to work with and even played some special requests that were new to them. I was smiling the whole time. Many friends and family members commented that at times, they thought a DJ was playing because they covered so many different types of songs so well. Groove Alliance brought the party and we had the best time! Thank you Mike and the Groove Alliance, we love you!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music

Where to begin....Groove Alliance made our wedding!!!! I knew I always wanted a band for my wedding and when I began searching I was so glad to come across Groove Alliance. I had never seen them live but I just had a great feeling about them and booked them right away. I was blown away with how amazing they truly were. Mike was so fun to work with and so professional with an amazing sense of humor. Mike once texted me until 11:30 at night to make sure the song I wanted with my dad was just right. So not only did they rock on my wedding day but they were there with me along the way. My guests raved about the band and several of them said it was the best wedding they had been to because the band rocked!! I had the wedding I always wanted and I am so happy for my decision with booking Groove Alliance. I highly reccomend them and do not even think twice they will be amazing!!!

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance was amazing as the band for my wedding! From talking with the band leader on the phone, he made me feel so great about how everything was going to be and was soothing and reassuring to a nervous and overwhelmed bride. The singers did an amazing job with the songs that we requested from the first dance, father daughter dance, mother son dance, to the rest of the music of the evening. The dance floor was always packed and when the band had to end for the evening the guests were begging for more songs. Another amazing part of Groove Alliance is the horn section... it adds so much to the event. I recommend this band whole heartedly!

Services Used: Band

The Groove Alliance performed at our son/daughter-in-laws wedding at the Newport Yachting Center. The songs they performed had everyone up and dancing the entire night and were perfect for ALL ages that were there! Mike, Amy and the band were wonderful, very talented and entertaining, even coming down onto the dance floor and interacting with the guests who were dancing. I continue to receive compliments from our friends and family how great and impressive Groove Alliance was and how much they enjoyed the band and the entire night!

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance was great! They were classy, professional, entertaining and very talented.

Our guests raved about them!

1 Review
Recently Married

For me, a wedding is successful when everyone is on their feet dancing all night. Groove Alliance played at my daughter's wedding at Wolffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaponack, NY. This band was the best band I've ever heard at a wedding! People are still talking about how much fun they had. It didn't matter what age you were. , you were out there dancing! Groove is wonderful to work with,talented and professional. They entertained and played to the crowd all night! If you want your wedding to be memorable, hire this group. You'll be glad you did!

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance was awesome! Mike was a pleasure to work with and was very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. The band had everyone up on the dance floor all night and we received a lot of compliments about them after the wedding. I would highly recommend them for a wedding.

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance was an amazing wedding band! We received so many compliments from everyone at the wedding, including guests from MA, FL, TX, CA, from overseas in the UK. The wedding guests wouldn't stop dancing, even those who do not usually dance at weddings. It was incredible, and Grove Alliance is worth every penny. Mike Pacheco and Amy Fichera are extremely talented vocals. We loved the way the horns and band members engaged the audience. Mike was so professional and responsive, just great to work with. The band learned a couple songs specifically for our reception, and it was perfect! Such a fun night! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

I had seen Groove Alliance perform at a wedding band line up and really enjoyed them. So I started discussing availability and price. I researched many bands from the New England area, and Groove Alliance was a top pick. Then took my (now) husband to an event to see Groove Alliance perform. He also thought the band was really talented and personable. So we booked them! Bands always seem expensive when compared to a DJ, but they really kick the wedding reception up 10 fold and ensure everyone has a good time.

A few weeks before the wedding we realized the reception hall would not allow the band to play as late as we had originally booked them for... I guess there was a noise ordinance. We worked with Mike and the band agreed to play the time and shorten their breaks. They were very flexible and accommodating. Some of our guests even commented how impressed they were that Groove Alliance took such short breaks.

We even were impressed with Groove Alliance when watching the night via video from our videographer. Almost as good as live!

Again Mike was wonderful and we would highly recommend Groove Alliance!! They really made our wedding celebration a night to remember.

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance did a fantastic job at our June wedding. Absolutely the best and the reviews from all the guests and hotel staff were amazing. So well done. Mike is a true professional and has an amazing band.

1 Review
1+ year ago

We first saw Groove Alliance at a wedding band showcase. While we were pleased with the performance of some of the other bands we saw at that showcase and other previous ones, we were completely blown away by Groove Alliance's set. They are great performers and amazing at getting people engaged and up and moving. Everyone kept telling us how amazing they were all night, and we have to agree. Mike is very calm, professional and easy to work with. Further we even had a last minute need for a PA and mic for the outdoor space at the ceremony and they were able to find and take care of it the day before. Really great experience working with this vendor, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance was outstanding. From the background music for the ceremony to the introductions through the reception they were absolutely the best. My daughter (the bride) couldn't have been more pleased. Feedback from our guests was tremendous . Nothing elevates a wedding reception like quality music from a live band. If you are planning a wedding, give Mike a call, GA is the best. We are from western New York and had our wedding in NH. Never heard a band play as well as Groove Alliance.

Dave
(Father of the bride)

Services Used: Band

Getting a great wedding band was a very high priority for us, and we conducted a pretty large search to ensure this happened. It included asking friends in the industry, checking review sites, and most importantly seeing the top bands live.

We were amazed to find that not only was Groove Alliance the best band we saw live, but their pricing was extremely competitive and Mike and his band mates were extremely friendly and responsive and a pleasure to work with. They were open to any ideas and willing to do whatever we wanted to make the day exactly as we wanted, even if it meant learning new songs or getting on late night conference calls.

In the end the thing that really matters is the wedding day. They were very professional and well prepared so that we did not need to do anything. They did our ceremony (classical guitar) and cocktail hour (keyboard), which worked very well. The songs they learned for our first dance/etc were perfect and their music during dinner was well received and very appropriate.

We couldn't have asked more when it came to their post-dinner sets. They had everyone up dancing the entire night, filling the dance floor, with a good mix of older stuff early for the parents/relatives and more modern, upbeat stuff later for the younger crowd.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for more, and were ecstatic to hear from so many people that they thought the band was incredible. I could not recommend Groove Alliance more, and you absolutely need to strongly consider them for your wedding/event.

Caitlin
10/19/2013

Groove Alliance played every song my husband and I requested for our wedding, even the more obscure ones, including a REALLY obscure one that my dad requested for our father-daughter dance. There was never a dull moment and they sounded great!

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance made a spectacular day turn into a spectacular night! If you are a future bride, groom, family of either......take my recommendation and hire this band for your wedding. They were simply wonderful.
From start to finish, they helped orchestrate a fantastic evening; from the ceremony to lining up the large and unruly wedding party, to the hora, to emceeing the events of the night, Mike and his band were truly professional, reliable and fun. They played a range of music that older people enjoyed, baby boomers sang to, and bride/groom and friends were up and dancing to. The dance floor was filled all night!
There were so many highlights that it is hard to pick out just a few, but I will try. The hora and hoisting the bride/groom and parents up in the chair started the evening on a high note; then, of course, the special dances with parents were sung beautifully by Amy; Mike "working" the crowd and making one particular grandmother glow; the horn section almost stealing the show standing on chairs and taking solos in the middle of the dance floor; Mike getting Em (the bride) up conducting and dancing with the band; the entire crowd dancing until the last song...and then shouting "Hell no, we won't go" when the band announced their last song.......is that enough to convince you to hire this band??
If you have a dancing crowd coming to your wedding (or if you don't, they will become one!), please consider Groove Alliance for your celebration. They were probably the best choice we made throughout the whole wedding planning and their reasonable cost made it possible to go with "live" music.
I would be happy to speak with anyone who is considering them for their party. We honestly couldn't have been happier. HOORAY FOR GROOVE ALLIANCE!

Fran Hinchey
(mother of the bride)
ps...bride is on honeymoon, but she will also comment when she returns

Services Used: Band

Groove Alliance knows how to put on a show. They are great to work with during the planning phase. During the actual event, we did not have to worry about anything; they took care of it all. You can't go wrong with these guys.