Greystone, Piedmont Park Conservancy

• Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Greystone was beautiful inside, the lawn and flowers were beautiful outside. HOWEVER, the wedding arch and the floral arrangements they provided were very meager, at best. The lake was filthy, green and slimy but I suppose there wasn't much they could do about that. The staff was extremely accommodating on the day of the wedding. Prior to, however, they could be a little slow on getting back with me.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jane Rollo was a pleasure to work with. She allowed us to meet with her several times, and she was very responsive to emails. We used the Greystone for the ceremony and reception and both looked absolutely beautiful!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything went perfectly and I have Jane at the park to thank! I could have asked for more. The venue makes the wedding and greystone is over the top!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

Brides & Grooms… please think twice before booking Piedmont Park for your wedding. It is a beautiful venue but you run the risk of literally having a circus outside your wedding. Instead of a nice stroll through the park, your guests could walk by funnel cakes, porta potties and a margarita tent on the way to your ceremony, and the Conservancy can’t stop it from happening. I know because it happened to me. When I booked my wedding I was told there was an arts festival happening on the other side of the Park (by Park Tavern). The staff showed me the festival’s layout and its proximity to the venue.
As a former midtowner who has enjoyed many festivals in Piedmont, I didn’t mind sharing the festival happening on the other side of the park. Nine days before my wedding I was informed that the festival had decided to move their footprint to the Greystone side of the park, which put my wedding literally in the middle of it. The Atlanta Parks Department approves the larger festival footprints and the Conservancy had no idea it was changed until nine days prior. By the time the Conservancy could figure out exactly where the festival was moving and what would actually be allowed to do, we had just four days notice to rework everything so that vendors could actually get to the venue to deliver the cake, flowers, etc and that my guests could actually get there. It was ridiculous.
Piedmont’s team did work with us to make the best of a bad situation and yes, I got some money back – but you don’t really want to run the risk of a bad situation like this on your wedding day. We had a good day despite of this because of all the truly excellent vendors who arrived super early and worked overtime to deliver on what they promised, even though the venue failed to do the same.
My advice… book your actual wedding elsewhere and come here for an hour or two to take some photos. You will avoid some potentially major headaches.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I f you are looking for a beautiful venue that is versatile and effortless, then Greystone is definitely the place not to mention Jane is fantastic. She was very personable and helpful throughout our entire experience by being very responsive to all of our emails, scheduling, and even making suggestions. I don’t know what we would have done without her! The venue is absolutely beautiful. The terrace overlooking the pool and Lake Clara Meer is beautiful especially the fountains. All of our guest continued to comment on how beautiful everything was and still are a month later. I could not have chosen a better place to have my wedding and reception. I would highly recommend Greystone Piedmont Park for any bride looking to get married in Atlanta, GA!

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
Profile Picture
Tiffany
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You will not find a better venue in Atlanta! It's gorgeous with the city views, outdoor/indoor space and unique atmosphere. I couldn't recommend this venue more. I tell everyone I know that gets engaged to look at this space. One note however, book fast. This venue fills up a year in advance or more!

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The venue is in a beautiful location of Piedmont Park. The Atlanta skyline and a lake is available for beautiful pictures. It's also nice that all your money that is spent to rent this venue goes back into preserving the park. The employees are nice and professional. They do have a lot of rules because it's a public park, but nothing that made me feel limited to what I could do. We had our ceremony inside however there is a terrace that looks over the pool and lake that is available should you want an outside ceremony. I LOVED our venue!!!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Greystone is a beautiful venue.

• Wedding: 02/18/2012