Granby Ranch

Granby Ranch

Chairlift wedding at the top of the Rocky Mountains followed by a mountain lodge reception.

1000 Village Road

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the fabulous attention, service and support we received from Emily Burgess and the entire staff that worked at our wedding on December 29. From our first visit with Emily in the fall, up until the wedding on December 29, she was incredibly helpful, informative, supportive and attentive to our needs and desires for our wedding. She kept us well informed throughout the whole planning process and was wonderful to work with! She provided us with great suggestions for vendors for our flowers and cake. On the day of our wedding, Emily and the entire staff far exceeded our expectations, and their attention and service made our day far more special and memorable than we had ever dreamed it would be! The entire staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and really contributed to making our day one we will never forget!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Granby Ranch is an absolutely amazing venue! Simply breathtaking!
Everything was perfect, and our wedding ladies - Emily and Amy - were exactly what a Bride needs on her big day, and all the planning that goes into it.
If you have any reservations regarding the location, take it from a Bride, my day was perfect and if you honor Granby Ranch with your wedding, your day will be perfect as well!

• Wedding: 09/18/2014
Shannon
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had such a wonderful time working with and having our ceremony at Granby Ranch. The service was top-notch (shout out to Amy and Emily, they were amazing!) and the venue couldn't have possibly been better. Gorgeous views of the National Park right at your ceremony site, it almost looks fake. And how many people can say they and their guests took a ski lift up to their wedding?
The staff were so accommodating - anything we asked for they could provide. This also parlays to the pricing, it was a lot of money, but you get what you pay for because this was worth it. I have never had better wedding food, the staff during the reception were so lovely and personable, lodging is right next door, I could go on.
It's also important to note that they're very gay-friendly (my partner and I obviously couldn't have a union ceremony somewhere they're not), but if that's important to you you're welcome to take it from me that it's not even remotely an issue and we were treated (presumably) like any other couple they've dealt with. Five stars!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
Mike
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Magnificent views, wonderful staff & excellent food

Granby Ranch is the perfect place for a wedding. I can’t think of a better location to be married than on a mountain top within a two-hour drive from Denver. Your guests will love taking the chairlift to the ceremony site and gush about the amazing views.

I imagine it’s common for any couple to worry about spending too much money on a venue but Granby Ranch provides a good value for the remarkable location, awesome service and excellent catering. My partner and I worried about putting together an affordable reception without serving our guests the stereotypical rubber chicken dinner. The chefs at Granby Ranch prepared a prime rib and salmon buffet that our guests applauded as one of the best wedding meals they have eaten.

Amy Buzhardt and the staff at Granby Ranch were a joy to work with. We didn’t decide on the venue until three months before our wedding day. Though the timing was tight, Amy typically got back to us within 24 hours of us phoning or emailing her. They were also incredibly flexible, even changing the number of tables for our reception the day of the ceremony.

We had a same-sex ceremony and the staff treated us wonderfully. They were genuinely kind to our guests and put us at ease that we wouldn’t have to worry about inappropriate behavior that you might expect in a rural location. I would wholeheartedly recommend Granby Ranch to the gay and lesbian community.

Our friends are also drinkers so it was important for us to have a location with plenty of rooms nearby. Granby Ranch offers a variety of housing options close to the ceremony site ranging from affordable options a short drive away to condos with mountain views that are within walking distance of the reception.

The only downside is that mobile phone service is spotty near the ceremony and reception sites which was a problem when our guests tried to contact us. Other than that, I would recommend Granby Ranch to anyone.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I only looked at one venue and Granby Ranch was it! We loved that the venue had so many options and that we didn't have to bring in our own caterer or worry about rentals for the day. We loved working with Emily and our day couldn't have gone any better.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Caitlin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Granby Ranch is the perfect wedding venue if you are looking for something with amazing mountain views. It is absolutely beautiful and is a lot less expensive than a lot of the other ski resorts in Colorado. Many of my wedding guests told me that riding the ski lift up to the ceremony made the wedding very memorable. Vista Ridge is gorgeous and the reception area is great. The food and the Granby Ranch Grill House Wine were delicious. The staff was very helpful and responsive to emails and questions. They were going through a staffing change at the time I was planning my wedding and I still felt very taken care of. I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Granby Ranch exceeded my expectations! From the staff to the beautiful mountain top view, I was never disappointed. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married in Colorado! I absolutely loved working with Amy and Emily (wedding coordinators)! They responded quickly to every question, comment and suggestion I had!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Mabon
0.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I was the first bride this year to not get married at vista ridge, and I learned real fast, that Granby doesn't adapt well to things when they don't go according to plan. The speakers didn't work, so there was no audio for my ceremony. Due to the change in plans, we were ready to eat at 5:23, and we were told by catering that we had to wait until 5:30, because that's what the original plan was. I'm sorry...my plan was to marry my husband at the top of a mountain. I needed to be flexible, but Granby Ranch catering did not. Then, the "hosted" ice cream sunday station, consisted of pre-scooped, soupy ice cream cups. We started to run low and one of the Granby Caterers actually told my guests...Sorry...the bride and groom only paid for 60. WHAT?!? What sort of caterer actually turns to guests and tells them what a person has paid for?? Then, at the end of the night, the bar host would not take my card on file for the additional wine. Instead, he made my father-in-law of 2 hours provide his credit card. And when my wedding coordinator chose not to tip him as much as he felt he deserved, he gave her a hard time. They provided 160 napkins, even though my guest count was 166. When my coordinator asked for 6 more napkins, she was told "no." So 6 of my guests didn't get napkins! And the real kicker...after paying $23,000 dollars for the venue and food...someone from the grill below complained about the beat of my wedding dance music. My DJ's were asked to turn down the music!!!! Someone paying $12 dollars for a turkey sandwich was more valued than me, my husband, and our guests!! My only regret from my wedding is choosing to trust Granby Ranch. My flowers, DJ's and photographer were amazing! Emily is working on things, I give her credit for that. But if you're getting married here, be cautious.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Granby Ranch is the perfect place to have a wedding! It's a smaller ski area in Granby, CO that overlooks Grand County and the Indian Peaks at the top of the chairlift. You won't get high traffic from tourists here, and most houses in the ski area are family owned. The venue itself is pretty simple. Guests arrive to the lodge, ride the chairlift up, and then take in the beauty of the landscape from the top. It is breathtaking. White chairs are set up for your guests and the amount of flat ground space is generous. The aspen trees are just the finishing touch. After the ceremony, guests ride the chairlift down for the reception. The lodge where receptions take place is at the bottom of the chair lift so it is easy for guests to transition from the ceremony to the reception. Receptions are held upstairs in the dining area. It is a fairly large space with tall windows, a romantic fireplace, and an incredible patio that overlooks the ski hill. We had cocktail hour on the patio and then dinner and dancing inside. Many of our guests actually used the patio all night because of the cool breeze throughout the summer night. Emily, our wedding coordinator through Granby Ranch was very accommodating. She had everything exactly how we wanted and made sure every detail was met. She did everything she could to make sure we got the pictures we wanted (with Colorado storms threatening) . Emily also checked in with all of our other vendors to make sure things were going smoothly and and introduced me to the catering staff. The catering service also did a phenomenal job. Everything was delicious and they were accommodating to guests with allergies. Overall, I can't say enough good things about Granby Ranch. You will not be disappointed with this venue. If a chair lift wedding is what you are dreaming of, then this charming ski area will definitely steal your heart. We couldn't resist it after our first visit.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Samantha
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

When we initially chose Granby Ranch the person in charge was Teresa Hill. However, a couple of months after we signed the contract Teresa took a different opportunity and Amy and Emily were hired to run Granby's wedding program. To say it was run poorly is almost an understatement. When the transition happened they didn't even bother to call the current clients and introduce themselves. We finally called after not hearing anything for 3 months. They were very unresponsive to questions and even when they did respond, Amy and Emily did not follow through with what they said they would do. For instance, on numerous occasions we either emailed or called to asked questions and were told they would get back with us by the end of the week or in a few days. Two weeks later we would have to call and follow up with them since they didn't call us back with their answer. It sometimes took three tries to get an answer. When it came time for our tasting, it wasn't until we asked how it was supposed to work that they sent us our menu options and told us we needed to pick a very limited number of items to taste. This was one week before our scheduled tasting when the tasting was scheduled months ago. This would have been helpful to know several weeks prior. There are many more examples I could give, but I will just say that they were very poor at being proactive and did an even more poor job at reacting to our needs. We felt the new staff was impersonal and took no interest in getting to know us.

It wasn't all bad though. The ceremony site was gorgeous and we absolutely loved vista ridge. Our guests continue to talk about the chairlift ride and the amazing views during the ceremony. Of all the sites we looked at, vista ridge's view of the continental divide was the best. Despite all of the avoidable and inexcusable pre-wedding stress that I felt was directly related to Granby Ranch staff our wedding day was GREAT and everything we had dreamt of.

• Wedding: 06/27/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

So, I've noticed no one has recently reviewed this place since Teresa left, so I feel I owe it to future brides to write an honest review on how The Granby Ranch is NOW. When my husband and I signed our contract over a year ago, we toured the venue, did a tasting, and handled all of the planning with Teresa. SHE WAS AMAZING. However, they have Amy and Emily running the show now, and since Teresa left about September last year, it has been a DISASTER! Neither Amy nor Emily ever respond within 48 hours, and as a business owner myself, their responses were always so unprofessional! I had everything so organized and so planned out, and still on the wedding day there were SO many mistakes on specific things that I had MAPPED out for Emily. Thank goodness my bridal party and husband were there making sure everything was right, because without them everything would've been WRONG! I'm talking about simple things like table settings and ceremony setup, they originally had some linens ivory and some white when I had chosen all ivory linens.

They also nickel and dime you for everything. Initially when we paid our fees, it was in our budget. But they charge a little fee for EVERYTHING. We paid $100 for water at the ceremony cite, and the guests NEVER got any water. We also paid for a cake cutting service, but one of my guests had to cut the cake because catering said since they didn't make the cake they didn't have to cut it. WHAT?! I also know that their catering prices have almost doubled since we booked, so I can't even say that their venue is even affordable anymore.

Overall, service was AWFUL! We had to deal with Emily for months, and even with me mapping out simple instructions for her, she got everything wrong! When I pointed out her mistakes, she would respond with a snippy email a week after I wrote the initial email. So unreliable!! It's so disappointing because everything was so perfect when Teresa was there, and once she left it's just like night and day!

Granby Ranch responded with the following comments:

I am truly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Granby Ranch. We have had a great track record with weddings and would appreciate an opportunity to remedy this situation. Your wedding day was and is incredibly important to me and the rest of the team here at Granby Ranch. We apologize for not making your wedding day stellar. Please give me a call, as I would like to personally apologize and see if there is anything I can do to remedy this.

• Flexibility: 5.0

The ceremony spot at Granby Ranch is epic. Total panoramic view of unspoiled gorgeous mountains complete with wildflowers. All our vendors said it beats anything else they've seen in the Colorado Mountains. It is awesome! It's even more awesome that the Granby Ranch staff are so wonderful to work with! Amy and Emily accommodated all our requests and quickly responded to my dozens of emails with questions. They really seem to enjoy their jobs, which makes such a huge difference. Execution on the big day was perfect! The reception space is also wonderful, complemented by a huge outdoor porch. The food was lovely too! My husband is vegetarian, and the vegetarian/vegan dish was delicious (not the standard sautéed veggies on a pile rice that you often see at weddings). We were also able to easily accommodate the gluten free crowd. And as if you needed another selling point, you and your guests can have s'mores! Awesome staff, unbeatable location, great food - my opinion is that this is THE Colorado mountain wedding venue.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Granby Ranch for anyone looking for a ski resort wedding! The ceremony site is breathtaking (over a month later guests are still gushing about it) and reception area is great. Before deciding on Granby my (now) husband and I looked at several other Colorado ski resort options, and Granby Ranch made everything so much easier, and the staff was so helpful and great to work with!We had a blast having our wedding there, and wouldn't have changed a thing! (Great food and bar options, too!)
NOTE: After seeing the comment above, I have to say that I had a great experience working with Amy and Emily. They were helpful and accommodating, and just generally fun to work with. They made the planning process so much easier!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We wanted a small, economical wedding that involved very little work on our part. Granby Ranch is so beautiful that the wedding could be understated but still magnificent with the mountain backdrop! The Granby Ranch staff helped make sure we didn't forget any of the small details. If we had wanted to be more formal/fancy with our ceremony and reception, I would have still chosen this venue...the things we could have added are endless. I didn't believe that a day could actually be as magical as our wedding day was!

• Wedding: 02/23/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Candice
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is the perfect mountain venue. The chairlift ride to Vista Ridge for the ceremony is AMAZING. Teresa and Joe and their team are so easy to work with!!!!! Nothing went wrong, we had perfect weather, the Aspen leaves were changing and our guests had the best time and enjoyed the AMAZING food. Wedding food can be a challenge for some venues, but not Granby Ranch. They had a huge menu of choices and our chicken and prime rib entrees were perfect. We also did our rehearsal dinner the night before at Granby Ranch Grill and the pizza and pasta was amazing as well. I would recommend any bride get married at Granby Ranch, its a true Colorado experience you and your guests will be raving about for years to come.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was married at Granby Ranch on September 15th with beautiful changing aspen trees and an amazing 180 degree view of mountains as the backdrop. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Teresa and the Granby Ranch staff are absolutely phenomenal and were quick and patient to respond to all of my questions during our planning. I recommend this venue to anyone wanting a mountain wedding that guests will be talking about for a while because mine sure are!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
970-887-5143
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards