Granby Ranch
Chairlift wedding at the top of the Rocky Mountains followed by a mountain lodge reception.
1000 Village Road

(4.6/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Mabon 1 Reviews
Granby Ranch exceeded my expectations! From the staff to the beautiful mountain top view, I was never disappointed. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married in Colorado! I absolutely loved working with Amy and Emily (wedding coordinators)! They responded quickly to every question, comment and suggestion I had!
Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
0.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I was the first bride this year to not get married at vista ridge, and I learned real fast, that Granby doesn't adapt well to things when they don't go according to plan. The speakers didn't work, so there was no audio for my ceremony. Due to the change in plans, we were ready to eat at 5:23, and we were told by catering that we had to wait until 5:30, because that's what the original plan was. I'm sorry...my plan was to marry my husband at the top of a mountain. I needed to be flexible, but Granby Ranch catering did not. Then, the "hosted" ice cream sunday station, consisted of pre-scooped, soupy ice cream cups. We started to run low and one of the Granby Caterers actually told my guests...Sorry...the bride and groom only paid for 60. WHAT?!? What sort of caterer actually turns to guests and tells them what a person has paid for?? Then, at the end of the night, the bar host would not take my card on file for the additional wine. Instead, he made my father-in-law of 2 hours provide his credit card. And when my wedding coordinator chose not to tip him as much as he felt he deserved, he gave her a hard time. They provided 160 napkins, even though my guest count was 166. When my coordinator asked for 6 more napkins, she was told "no." So 6 of my guests didn't get napkins! And the real kicker...after paying $23,000 dollars for the venue and food...someone from the grill below complained about the beat of my wedding dance music. My DJ's were asked to turn down the music!!!! Someone paying $12 dollars for a turkey sandwich was more valued than me, my husband, and our guests!! My only regret from my wedding is choosing to trust Granby Ranch. My flowers, DJ's and photographer were amazing! Emily is working on things, I give her credit for that. But if you're getting married here, be cautious.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0

Samantha 1 Reviews
Granby Ranch is the perfect place to have a wedding! It's a smaller ski area in Granby, CO that overlooks Grand County and the Indian Peaks at the top of the chairlift. You won't get high traffic from tourists here, and most houses in the ski area are family owned. The venue itself is pretty simple. Guests arrive to the lodge, ride the chairlift up, and then take in the beauty of the landscape from the top. It is breathtaking. White chairs are set up for your guests and the amount of flat ground space is generous. The aspen trees are just the finishing touch. After the ceremony, guests ride the chairlift down for the reception. The lodge where receptions take place is at the bottom of the chair lift so it is easy for guests to transition from the ceremony to the reception. Receptions are held upstairs in the dining area. It is a fairly large space with tall windows, a romantic fireplace, and an incredible patio that overlooks the ski hill. We had cocktail hour on the patio and then dinner and dancing inside. Many of our guests actually used the patio all night because of the cool breeze throughout the summer night. Emily, our wedding coordinator through Granby Ranch was very accommodating. She had everything exactly how we wanted and made sure every detail was met. She did everything she could to make sure we got the pictures we wanted (with Colorado storms threatening) . Emily also checked in with all of our other vendors to make sure things were going smoothly and and introduced me to the catering staff. The catering service also did a phenomenal job. Everything was delicious and they were accommodating to guests with allergies. Overall, I can't say enough good things about Granby Ranch. You will not be disappointed with this venue. If a chair lift wedding is what you are dreaming of, then this charming ski area will definitely steal your heart. We couldn't resist it after our first visit.
Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
When we initially chose Granby Ranch the person in charge was Teresa Hill. However, a couple of months after we signed the contract Teresa took a different opportunity and Amy and Emily were hired to run Granby's wedding program. To say it was run poorly is almost an understatement. When the transition happened they didn't even bother to call the current clients and introduce themselves. We finally called after not hearing anything for 3 months. They were very unresponsive to questions and even when they did respond, Amy and Emily did not follow through with what they said they would do. For instance, on numerous occasions we either emailed or called to asked questions and were told they would get back with us by the end of the week or in a few days. Two weeks later we would have to call and follow up with them since they didn't call us back with their answer. It sometimes took three tries to get an answer. When it came time for our tasting, it wasn't until we asked how it was supposed to work that they sent us our menu options and told us we needed to pick a very limited number of items to taste. This was one week before our scheduled tasting when the tasting was scheduled months ago. This would have been helpful to know several weeks prior. There are many more examples I could give, but I will just say that they were very poor at being proactive and did an even more poor job at reacting to our needs. We felt the new staff was impersonal and took no interest in getting to know us.

It wasn't all bad though. The ceremony site was gorgeous and we absolutely loved vista ridge. Our guests continue to talk about the chairlift ride and the amazing views during the ceremony. Of all the sites we looked at, vista ridge's view of the continental divide was the best. Despite all of the avoidable and inexcusable pre-wedding stress that I felt was directly related to Granby Ranch staff our wedding day was GREAT and everything we had dreamt of.
Wedding: 06/27/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 5 Reviews
So, I've noticed no one has recently reviewed this place since Teresa left, so I feel I owe it to future brides to write an honest review on how The Granby Ranch is NOW. When my husband and I signed our contract over a year ago, we toured the venue, did a tasting, and handled all of the planning with Teresa. SHE WAS AMAZING. However, they have Amy and Emily running the show now, and since Teresa left about September last year, it has been a DISASTER! Neither Amy nor Emily ever respond within 48 hours, and as a business owner myself, their responses were always so unprofessional! I had everything so organized and so planned out, and still on the wedding day there were SO many mistakes on specific things that I had MAPPED out for Emily. Thank goodness my bridal party and husband were there making sure everything was right, because without them everything would've been WRONG! I'm talking about simple things like table settings and ceremony setup, they originally had some linens ivory and some white when I had chosen all ivory linens.

They also nickel and dime you for everything. Initially when we paid our fees, it was in our budget. But they charge a little fee for EVERYTHING. We paid $100 for water at the ceremony cite, and the guests NEVER got any water. We also paid for a cake cutting service, but one of my guests had to cut the cake because catering said since they didn't make the cake they didn't have to cut it. WHAT?! I also know that their catering prices have almost doubled since we booked, so I can't even say that their venue is even affordable anymore.

Overall, service was AWFUL! We had to deal with Emily for months, and even with me mapping out simple instructions for her, she got everything wrong! When I pointed out her mistakes, she would respond with a snippy email a week after I wrote the initial email. So unreliable!! It's so disappointing because everything was so perfect when Teresa was there, and once she left it's just like night and day!
Granby Ranch responded with the following comments:
I am truly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Granby Ranch. We have had a great track record with weddings and would appreciate an opportunity to remedy this situation. Your wedding day was and is incredibly important to me and the rest of the team here at Granby Ranch. We apologize for not making your wedding day stellar. Please give me a call, as I would like to personally apologize and see if there is anything I can do to remedy this.
Wedding: Recently Married

Laura 1 Reviews
The ceremony spot at Granby Ranch is epic. Total panoramic view of unspoiled gorgeous mountains complete with wildflowers. All our vendors said it beats anything else they've seen in the Colorado Mountains. It is awesome! It's even more awesome that the Granby Ranch staff are so wonderful to work with! Amy and Emily accommodated all our requests and quickly responded to my dozens of emails with questions. They really seem to enjoy their jobs, which makes such a huge difference. Execution on the big day was perfect! The reception space is also wonderful, complemented by a huge outdoor porch. The food was lovely too! My husband is vegetarian, and the vegetarian/vegan dish was delicious (not the standard sautéed veggies on a pile rice that you often see at weddings). We were also able to easily accommodate the gluten free crowd. And as if you needed another selling point, you and your guests can have s'mores! Awesome staff, unbeatable location, great food - my opinion is that this is THE Colorado mountain wedding venue.
Wedding: 06/07/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
I highly recommend Granby Ranch for anyone looking for a ski resort wedding! The ceremony site is breathtaking (over a month later guests are still gushing about it) and reception area is great. Before deciding on Granby my (now) husband and I looked at several other Colorado ski resort options, and Granby Ranch made everything so much easier, and the staff was so helpful and great to work with!We had a blast having our wedding there, and wouldn't have changed a thing! (Great food and bar options, too!)
NOTE: After seeing the comment above, I have to say that I had a great experience working with Amy and Emily. They were helpful and accommodating, and just generally fun to work with. They made the planning process so much easier!
Wedding: Recently Married

Candice 1 Reviews
We wanted a small, economical wedding that involved very little work on our part. Granby Ranch is so beautiful that the wedding could be understated but still magnificent with the mountain backdrop! The Granby Ranch staff helped make sure we didn't forget any of the small details. If we had wanted to be more formal/fancy with our ceremony and reception, I would have still chosen this venue...the things we could have added are endless. I didn't believe that a day could actually be as magical as our wedding day was!
Wedding: 02/23/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is the perfect mountain venue. The chairlift ride to Vista Ridge for the ceremony is AMAZING. Teresa and Joe and their team are so easy to work with!!!!! Nothing went wrong, we had perfect weather, the Aspen leaves were changing and our guests had the best time and enjoyed the AMAZING food. Wedding food can be a challenge for some venues, but not Granby Ranch. They had a huge menu of choices and our chicken and prime rib entrees were perfect. We also did our rehearsal dinner the night before at Granby Ranch Grill and the pizza and pasta was amazing as well. I would recommend any bride get married at Granby Ranch, its a true Colorado experience you and your guests will be raving about for years to come.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was married at Granby Ranch on September 15th with beautiful changing aspen trees and an amazing 180 degree view of mountains as the backdrop. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Teresa and the Granby Ranch staff are absolutely phenomenal and were quick and patient to respond to all of my questions during our planning. I recommend this venue to anyone wanting a mountain wedding that guests will be talking about for a while because mine sure are!!
Wedding: 09/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Granby Ranch is a great venue to have your ceremony! We got married at the top of vista ridge in the snow/sleet/rain. Despite the weather, it was amazing. And, the staff at Granby Ranch made sure we made the right decision to go up, although it was pretty cold with the wind chill. My husband consulted with the weather professionals, and they were spot on. We recently witnessed our friends get wed at the same location. Different time of year and different weather, but it is still a beautifully breathtaking location! We definitely recommend Granby Ranch as a wedding venue. Grand County is great!
Wedding: 09/08/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 5 Reviews
We had an amazing wedding at Granby ranch. Theresa is great with helping plan the wedding/reception. We had a destination wedding and had never been to venue prior to the wedding. The food was great for our reception and rehearsal. Wait staff at the venue was hit or miss at times. Ceremony options are limited due short window of time that chairlift is open. The view from the top is worth it though.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding at Granby Ranch was amazing. Staff was attentive and knowledgable, food was fantastic, and the venue- amazing views, and guests loved the chairlift! Granby offered everything the more commercial resorts did with more flexibility and reasonable prices. Our wedding day was perfect and our guests continue to tell us they've never had more fun at a wedding. I would recommend Granby Ranch to any couple looking for a beautiful, easy to work with resort.
Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After calling and visiting numerous other venues we found Granby Ranch. We knew right away this was the place for us not only because of the views from the venue but the staff as well. The value was amazing too! Compared to other resort wedding locations Granby Ranch by far was the best! They are very flexible with adding and subtracting services to help meet your budget where most other large resorts wouldn't budge on price! We worked with both Jon and Teresa. They were both wonderful and extremely responsive to every email, phone call and question we had. The planning process went extremely smoothly and so did the actual wedding day. We weren't able to have our rehersal at the actual site due to another wedding that day but we didn't care at all about that. The wedding day was great. The staff helped us stay calm and provided us everything we needed! We couldn't have asked for more! The guests couldn't say enough about the view and the venue overall. One person noted that they had never been to a wedding that people had to be told to sit down because the service was starting, everyone was too busy enjoying the view and taking pictures! On top of that the food at the reception was amazing! I have never heard so many comments about the food at a wedding. They even went out of their way to make special meals for our vegatarian and vegan guests! Thank you Teresa and Granby Ranch for such a perfect day!
Wedding: 07/05/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Teresa was wonderful! The food was delicious, I have never had such good food at a wedding and many of our guests said the same thing. Wish they would have annonced they were removing the buffet though so people could have had seconds. We did have a little issue with the power due to a passing storm but the staff did a great job, kept serving beer and all was good when it came back on an hour later. Teresa was very responsive to all our questions and I had a lot of them. There was some disagreements at time with what was in the contract and what wasn't but as soon as I pointed them out on the signed (official) contract to her she would agree with us (so make sure you get everything in writing but that goes for all vendors). We couldn't have asked for a better wedding location!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at Granby Ranch a little over a week and a half ago and the whole day was perfect! It was a destination wedding and so a lot of my planning was done over the phone and email, and Teresa was great to work with. So responsive and easy to work with. The ceremony site is beautiful and has a breath taking view. All my guests were getting pictures up there before the ceremony started. We were able to get our ceremony over with right before a thunderstorm/hail storm came. But Granby Ranch acted very professionally and got all my guests off the mountain safely with shuttle buses and it made for a good time after all! The food was great, all the guests complimented it and the reception room was perfect. I am so glad we had our destination wedding at Granby Ranch in the beautiful Colorado mountains. :) Definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a mountain wedding!
Wedding: 07/04/2013
 970-887-5143
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire