Gramercy Mansion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The Gramercy mansion is unbelievably gorgeous and unique, with its antique and quirky vibe and interior, and beautiful gardens with colorful flowers and lush grass and trees overlooking Greenspring valley. Every staff member was helpful and accommodating, and the feel is relaxed, welcoming and makes you feel at home.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with this venue while snow was on the ground and everything in the garden was dead. We held our wedding in May with the garden looking perfect. The staff were there but in no way were they "in the way"... The venue was beautiful. The staff throughout the entire process were friendly and helpful. They allowed us to do some things we wanted and didn't mind that the party went a tad over schedule. I HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

We'll be coming back for our 1 year anniversary to stay in the Cassatt Suite again!!

(We booked out the entire mansion including all guest rooms)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Simply unbelieveable! Gramercy met all of our expectations and more! The staff was outstanding and the venue was perfect for our wedding. Our family still talks about the friendly staff and mansion spledor of our wedding day! Heather, our offciant, was helpful and professional. Shannon, our wedding helper, was like a part of the family! We enjoyed the experience so much we intend on returning for our anniversary!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING ALL AROUND! My husband and I celebrated an unforgettable 5 year Anniversary & Vow Renewal!!!! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Gramercy Mansion is the most beautiful site I could have picked for my ceremony and reception. The pictures are stunning of my wedding. The staff was always helpful when I had a question and very professional.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Every person at our wedding commented on how beautiful the mansion was, and what a unique venue it was for a wedding. The atmosphere is perfect for a party, and people felt a lot more comfortable than they would in a ballroom setting.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gramercy was wonderful from start to finish. I received prompt responses to all questions and felt like they really worked with me to make the day perfect. It is a beautiful venue and even has 11 rooms for guests to spend the night, which was great.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful place ever. Most mansions that you rent are not furnished but this place also functions as an active bed and breakfast and so was beautifully decorated and lanscaped. All my guest wowed about it for weeks after. THe best comment I go was from my mom who said it was like I had a "Platinum Wedding", when I knew I didn't pay "platinum prices".

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved Gramercy Mansion for many different reasons. It was within a couple moments of being there and feeling the comforts of home. We spent 2 nights at Gramercy and absolutely hated it when check out time came. It was like you were royalty there. The staff was overwhelmingly helpful and accomodating to our specific needs due to being out of state and many of our guests being from out of state. Breakfast was something we looked forward to every morning (so good)! Bill was our officiant and he was nothing shy of perfect. From making sure we were checked in to making sure we had places to change and get ready to his service as our officiant. Everything was more than perfect and I can not thank Gramercy enough! Absolutely 5 star fantastic!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Gramercy was the perfect storybook setting for our wedding reception. The rooms were so beautiful and comfortable. The patio was absolutely stunning for our dinner. Our guests enjoyed going from room to room. We also stayed overnight in the Camelot Suite. It was the perfect wedding night retreat. We were served a fantastic breakfast the next morning.

Great! It was perfect.

Shell & Barb Rock
Recently Married

The Gramercy Mansion carriage house was the location of our wedding rehearsal and actual wedding day with an intimate dinner to follow in the lanai of the carriage house an entire outdoor event, thankful the weather was amazing. We were taken care by both Amanda & Emily and were really thankful for such an amazing experience. The rooms are pricey, but the homemade and home grown breakfast in your room compensated for it a little bit. The location is secluded and very nice. Definite worth a return visit and future events.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Melissa
1 Review
05/01/2015

We originally booked the 1840'S Ballroom for this date but because of the unfortunate circumstances with what happened in Baltimore during that time, I decided to call on that Monday prior to the wedding ask if it could be relocated to their sister company 'The Gramercy Mansion'. They were EXTREMELY accommodating and we rescheduled it for that Friday at the Gramercy at the same time. I have to say, it probably turned out better than if it were downtown. The setting was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Gramercy Mansion responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for hosting your wedding with us and sharing your story! We're glad we were able to accommodate you with another venue option given the situation downtown at that time. Gramercy's serene country setting offers a nice alternative to 1840s Plaza's city charm and elegance while conveniently located just north of Baltimore. Since your wedding day, we have seamlessly hosted several weddings and events at 1840s Plaza and we invite couples seeking an elegant downtown venue highlighting the best of Baltimore to check out our sister location. Thanks again and best wishes!

Private User
Recently Married

Gorgeous location for a memorable event at an incredibly affordable price. The B&B stay after our wedding was the icing on the cake! Luxurious!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Gramercy Mansion is a perfect venue for a garden wedding. If you're looking for a romantic, vintage kind of vibe, and you are having your wedding between May and early October, it would be hard to beat the beauty of this venue. There are floral gardens and beautiful trees all around this restored Tudor mansion. If you are fortunate enough to have good weather, the photos you can get here are breathtaking. The gardens also have a whimsical feel, with fairy houses and unique little statues hidden among the greenery. It's quite charming.

I imagine a Christmas wedding here would be lovely as well, as they decorate the entire mansion during the season. And now that they have enclosed the circular dining area with glass French doors, guests can stay warm or cool depending on the time of year.

The mansion itself is quite eclectic inside. It can be a bit kitschy in places, as they sell a lot of decorative items from their many shelves and chests. And the stuffed goats are a real conversation piece. But it's certainly a unique venue, and we and our guests loved it. I was very happy we chose this spot for our daughter's wedding.

The only downside is that they are usually heavily booked during peak season, and we had to have our rehearsal two days before the wedding as they had two events scheduled the day before. It meant that members of the wedding party had to arrive from out of state a day earlier. Also, the rooms there (which are positively opulent) are quite expensive. We rented a room for the bride and groom for the night, as well as one for ourselves (mother and father of the bride). The huge jacuzzi tubs, the fireplaces, and the scrumptious included breakfast in the morning was worth it though. It was also nice not to have to travel after the reception ended.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue.

Gramercy Mansion responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for choosing Gramercy Mansion as the venue for your daughter's wedding and for taking the time to share your experience! We're very happy that you and your guests were happy and enjoyed a memorable celebration.

You are right, it can be very busy with events on the property during our peak season. We do our best to accommodate everyone with complimentary rehearsal times but it can be a challenge. So thank you for your understanding and flexibility.

We wish the newlyweds much love and happiness and hope to see them for a future getaway!

Best wishes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the venue! Gramercy is a simply beautiful place to get married. Everyone at the mansion was always nice and helpful.