Gramercy Mansion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Gramercy was wonderful from start to finish. I received prompt responses to all questions and felt like they really worked with me to make the day perfect. It is a beautiful venue and even has 11 rooms for guests to spend the night, which was great.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful place ever. Most mansions that you rent are not furnished but this place also functions as an active bed and breakfast and so was beautifully decorated and lanscaped. All my guest wowed about it for weeks after. THe best comment I go was from my mom who said it was like I had a "Platinum Wedding", when I knew I didn't pay "platinum prices".

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved Gramercy Mansion for many different reasons. It was within a couple moments of being there and feeling the comforts of home. We spent 2 nights at Gramercy and absolutely hated it when check out time came. It was like you were royalty there. The staff was overwhelmingly helpful and accomodating to our specific needs due to being out of state and many of our guests being from out of state. Breakfast was something we looked forward to every morning (so good)! Bill was our officiant and he was nothing shy of perfect. From making sure we were checked in to making sure we had places to change and get ready to his service as our officiant. Everything was more than perfect and I can not thank Gramercy enough! Absolutely 5 star fantastic!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Gramercy was the perfect storybook setting for our wedding reception. The rooms were so beautiful and comfortable. The patio was absolutely stunning for our dinner. Our guests enjoyed going from room to room. We also stayed overnight in the Camelot Suite. It was the perfect wedding night retreat. We were served a fantastic breakfast the next morning.

Great! It was perfect.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

Gorgeous location for a memorable event at an incredibly affordable price. The B&B stay after our wedding was the icing on the cake! Luxurious!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Gramercy Mansion is a perfect venue for a garden wedding. If you're looking for a romantic, vintage kind of vibe, and you are having your wedding between May and early October, it would be hard to beat the beauty of this venue. There are floral gardens and beautiful trees all around this restored Tudor mansion. If you are fortunate enough to have good weather, the photos you can get here are breathtaking. The gardens also have a whimsical feel, with fairy houses and unique little statues hidden among the greenery. It's quite charming.

I imagine a Christmas wedding here would be lovely as well, as they decorate the entire mansion during the season. And now that they have enclosed the circular dining area with glass French doors, guests can stay warm or cool depending on the time of year.

The mansion itself is quite eclectic inside. It can be a bit kitschy in places, as they sell a lot of decorative items from their many shelves and chests. And the stuffed goats are a real conversation piece. But it's certainly a unique venue, and we and our guests loved it. I was very happy we chose this spot for our daughter's wedding.

The only downside is that they are usually heavily booked during peak season, and we had to have our rehearsal two days before the wedding as they had two events scheduled the day before. It meant that members of the wedding party had to arrive from out of state a day earlier. Also, the rooms there (which are positively opulent) are quite expensive. We rented a room for the bride and groom for the night, as well as one for ourselves (mother and father of the bride). The huge jacuzzi tubs, the fireplaces, and the scrumptious included breakfast in the morning was worth it though. It was also nice not to have to travel after the reception ended.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue.

Gramercy Mansion responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for choosing Gramercy Mansion as the venue for your daughter's wedding and for taking the time to share your experience! We're very happy that you and your guests were happy and enjoyed a memorable celebration.

You are right, it can be very busy with events on the property during our peak season. We do our best to accommodate everyone with complimentary rehearsal times but it can be a challenge. So thank you for your understanding and flexibility.

We wish the newlyweds much love and happiness and hope to see them for a future getaway!

Best wishes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the venue! Gramercy is a simply beautiful place to get married. Everyone at the mansion was always nice and helpful.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Located in a beautiful area off Greenspring Valley Road, Gramercy Mansion was our favorite of the venues we found online and the few we looked at in person in the Baltimore area. Our wedding was on a Tuesday and they offered a great and inexpensive package for a small, intimate ceremony like ours. My bride booked a suite for her and her mom to use the night before and day of the ceremony (absolutely stunning room, no words could do it justice). They have a garden area that looks great in the summer, but we chose a new gazebo setting for our ceremony since it was in the fall. On the day, it rained so we came inside for our backup plan. Because we only had a few guests, they were able to offer us the main foyer room which meant a second level and wide, curving staircase became awesome additions to the aisle. There was a fireplace behind us during the ceremony which they let us light for the event. It was beautiful, the photos were great, the staff helpful. The minister was included in our package, and she was great. She communicated with us ahead of time to include everything we wanted in the ceremony and walked us through our rehearsal. Would recommend this venue to anyone and might go back again just for the rooms it offers.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gramercy Mansion was the perfect place for our wedding. We had the ceremony in the garden, the cocktail hour outside on the back lawn, dinner on the patio and then dancing in the side room. All the guests kept commenting on what an amazing place the Gramercy was and lovely everything was kept. At first I was concerned that the dancing room would be too small but it was a perfect size (trust me was had tons of people dancing). I was so thankful for the help that they gave us on the day of - from telling the makeup/flower people where we were to helping with sending people down the aisle. Bill Duffy, who works for the Gramercy, was our officiant and couldn't have been more helpful with giving us ideas and planning the perfect ceremony for us. His sense of humor may not be for all but you should know at the end of the day if you work with him you will have a perfect cememony at the Gramercy. My husband and I are already planning our stay for our first anniversary!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gramercy Mansion was the absolute most magical place to get married. We loved it and so did our guests. The staff could not have been more helpful and sweet to us in our planning and calls to ask questions. A big shout out to Maria whose personality and charm in showing us the location and warmth when always greeting us and talking to us made the choice a dream come true. A beautiful place, picturesque and nice people. Who could ask for more! The only item I would mention to brides is make sure that you pick a time and coordinate it with room check in as I had my wedding early and although Gramercy could ensure we had one room available to get dressed prior to the wedding it was touch and go so I ended up having my hair and make up done at home before arriving. There is not a real dressing area other than reserving a room so you need to plan for that :) That is the only "gotcha" I can think of and with no doubt, I would do it all again in a minute! I will definitely be back. They are the best :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was great ... thanks!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gramercy was absolutely beautiful and the staff members were great. Mr. Bill gave us a tour of the Gramercy and the grounds and we fell in love (and he was hilarious and a wonderful host!). The staff members were very quick with responding to any and all questions we had and were very accommodating. They had our room ready hours in advance so we could settle in and start getting ready for the big day. Definitely a place to have your wedding if you are looking for a place that is unique, with great gardens, nice and helpful staff, and an unbelievable day! It is a little on the pricey side but totally worth it! I recommend staying in the Cassatt Suite the night of the wedding. Absolutely gorgeous and big enough for a bridal party of nine brides maids and the bride to get ready comfortably!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone loved the location!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Gramercy Mansion. From day one of planning they were so helpful and accomodating! The place was beautiful, and my DJ even commented that the Gramercy is her personal favorite site for a wedding. All of my guests commented on how great the place was. The thing I like the best about Gramercy is that it is unique and has its own charm, but also that its a bed and breakfast so we can always go back and celebrate our anniversary at the place we were married. I highly recommend the Gramercy to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better wedding. The day went great and if there were any issues or concerns they were taken care of without bothering the bride. Through the planning process my questions were promptly answered and the professionalism was perfect. I would recommend this venue to anyone who asks.