Grace Lin Professional Make up Team

Grace Lin Professional Make up Team

232 N. Lake Ave. Unit 209.
Pasadena, CA 91101 | map

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After getting quotes from several bridal make up artists, I found Grace Lin make up and hair studio with a decent portfolio and reasonable price. I decided to give it a try. I met Tery at my trial session, she’s very easy going and her make up skill is excellent. I knew I want a loose low side bun with natural make up for my beach wedding, and I gave her a few ideas and she got me right away. I pretty much booked her on the spot.

I got countless compliments on my wedding day for the hair and make up, so did my bridesmaids. They all look beautiful and I am so happy about choosing Tery as my makeup artist. I highly recommend Grace Lln make up and hair studio, especially Tery for any event.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As soon as I got engaged, I knew Grace Lin and her team were one of my top choices to do makeup and hair for my wedding. I emailed Grace and asked first if she (Grace) was available for my wedding date and she was! At the trial, I brought in lots of pictures to show Grace the makeup and hair style I wanted. I was fairly specific but opened to Grace's suggestions as well because I trusted her. We got along well because she was very straight-forward with me (in a good way!). I booked Grace immediately following my trial as I was very pleased with her amazing work! She was my first and only makeup trial I had!

Since I had booked Grace so far in advanced, I would send her an email here and there asking for her opinions on accessories or other hairstyles I had come upon. She always answered all my emails usually within 1 day (but always by 2 days). Even though my wedding was far away and I'm sure she had other brides whose weddings were approaching always contacting her, Grace never made me feel that I was less important.

On the wedding day, Grace and her assistant Josephine showed up on time and begin working promptly. Both were very professional and great to be around. I know my bridesmaids loved Josephine as she made them feel very comfortable and pretty. I had a last minute makeup addition, which I informed Grace two days prior to my wedding, and Grace was more than happy to make arrangements. Grace was very meticulous when applying my makeup and doing my hair. She made sure I looked perfect before she left. I looked 100% better than at my trial (and I didn't think that was possible because I loved how I looked at my trial!). The makeup did not feel heavy at all and it was flawless for the entire day!

I was very happy with everything! I can say that if you want someone to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day or any event then book Grace and her team!

• Wedding: 04/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Grace Lin is awesome, friendly and professional. She provided prompt feedback when I had a question. When there was any confusion, she would take care of the matter appropriately leaving me stress-free. Grace was booked on my wedding day (April 2014), so she recommended her two senior artists Betty and Renee to me. Betty and Renee are amazing hair and makeup artists!!
For the trial session, Renee worked on my makeup and Betty worked on my hair. Renee did a really great job with the makeup, and Betty was outstanding with styling my hair in two different styles. My husband, family, friends and I love it!!
Renee worked on my hair and makeup for my engagement picture. Big thanks to Renee since I looked special and very beautiful, and my engagement pictures are great and everyone loves them!!
On my wedding day, Renee and Betty both showed up on time at my house and knew what to do with hair and makeup for all my two maids of honor, my mom and me. They were friendly, nice and very accommodating given the morning preparation for the Chinese wedding ceremony was stressful and hectic. It was astonishing to watch Betty and Renee handle and take care of us. I could tell they love what they are doing through observing how sharp and focused they are while working on our makeup and hair!! They are pro!!
Betty was with me all day. She was dedicating to me all this time--making sure I looked special and the best!! It does feel great to have someone there dedicating, caring and supportive on the most stressful day; it does make one less key and essential thing (for a bride) to worry on her wedding day!! :)
I am completely thrilled with the work Betty and Renee provided on the trial session, engagement picture and my wedding day and with Grace recommending her two awesome senior artists and coordinating meetings, solutions and schedule setup. I would highly recommend Grace Lin Professional Makeup Team!!

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was referred by my best friend's sister to use Grace Lin Makeup and Hair. And I knew they are one of the best wedding makeup artists. Grace is responsive and flexible throughout the planning process, she was able to help me sort out the time slots for my bridesmaid makeup schedule. I was amazed how well the makeup turn out during the trial. On the wedding day it turned out even better! My mom also got her makeup and hair done by Grace's team, and it was flawless. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for wedding makeup to use Grace Lin's service.

Thank you Vivi and Cece for doing my bridal makeup and hair on my wedding. You girls are awesome! :)

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Vivi and Jen did a great job on my wedding day! Vivi did my makeup, and during the trial she made sure that I was happy with my look. Jen was fantastic with my hair, and my bridesmaid loved the makeup/hair she did for her as well. They're both incredibly sweet, and they will make sure you look amazing on your wedding day!

• Wedding: 01/19/2014
bondgurl
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I've been a fan of Grace's work for years now, so when she made herself available on my wedding day, I was overjoyed. After the trial, I knew I was in good hands. She did not rush through the trial and even gave me tips on how to cut and dye my hair for the big day. Grace and her team are professional, courteous, and totally fun to work with. They arrived on time and accommodated all our requests with different hair and make up designs for 8 people. Her team is experienced and versatile, all my bridesmaids were happy with the results. Grace paid such attention to detail to me on my wedding day, it made me feel so relaxed. The end result was exactly what I wanted. Above all, all our hair and make up stayed perfectly in place fron morning to night, even in 90 degree weather. I highly recommend Grace and her team for any special occasion. I feel so lucky to have worked with them. Thank you Grace!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Elaine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Grace is a friendly, smart, and thoughtful makeup artist! I booked her right after I got engaged not only because I knew she would get booked quickly, but also because of her good reputation in her makeup skills!! I have reviewed hundreds of bridal pictures before I booked her, and she did not disappoint me at all!

Grace did such a wonderful job at my wedding! I hired her at my wedding for bridal makeup, groom makeup, and makeups for 2 moms. In my past experience, it is very difficult to design a good hairstyle and put makeup on my face because I would either look too old for my age or too mean to people. However this was not a problem for Grace at all! After my trial session, Grace already well-managed my face shape and was able to design a hairstyle and makeup that would look cute and youthful. She also owns assorted decorations for my tea ceremony, wedding ceremony, and reception with different hairstyles! Grace is extremely helpful throughout my wedding day. She was very pleased to help me change dresses during reception and look after my belongings when my bridal party got busy. She is very nice to talk to as well, by talking to her I was able to calm myself down from such a hectic day!

Talking about makeup for my husband, he does not have much hair and has quite dark circles. Grace magically made him look like having a full and natural head of hair, and he looked 5 years younger than usual! As for the moms, my mom loved her makeup because she looked like my older sister at my wedding, and she told me she looked a lot prettier than on her wedding day!

Thank you Grace for making my day so awesome! My guests all loved my hairstyle and makeup! Trust me, hiring a good makeup artist will make your wedding worry-free and you will be soooo happy looking back at your wedding pictures! I highly recommend Grace Lin for your makeup artist!

• Wedding: 09/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best make up ever! I loved the way I looked at my wedding, I felt gorgeous! Grace was very attentive throughout the day, stepping in when she needed to touch up and making sure my hair was in place for photos. She's very fast with up dos, and can change between styles proficiently. I every much recommend her services.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Jen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I went for a trial makeup run at her studio to see if I liked her work about 9 months before my wedding....and I really loved how she was able to do such a great job with my hair and makeup.

I wanted a soft, natural, and romantic look. Grace was able to achieve this look for me! She tried a few different hair styles to see which I liked best. She did a great job of creating a look that was gorgeous.

After the trial run and very positive critiques from my friends and family, I booked her for my wedding day. I also had Grace for my engagement session (hair and makeup). I got her all day wedding package since I was changing into different outfits throughout the night. She and her team drove out to Yorba Linda to do hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and family.

The great work that Grace did for me and the bridesmaids show when I got the wedding pictures from our photographer! Everyone loved how everything turned out.

Grace was very easy to work with. She listened to what I wanted and changed things out when I expressed my dislike - without questioning me. She was very responsive to emails and to any questions that I had. I will definitely return to Grace if I need any makeup done in the future. I highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
N+T
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning a wedding from across the country is really hard. Trying to find a makeup artist without doing a trial is even a harder task. However, a friend told me that she used Grace for her wedding and LOVED IT, so I decided to use them when I flew back home for my brother's wedding and squeezed in an engagement. Grace did an amazing job on my engagement session, so I decided to book her company for my wedding.

Grace wasn't available for my wedding date, so she referred me to Jen Tsui. I was hesitant at first, but Grace reassured me that all of her staff were well trained in her style. She was right!! Jen was so friendly, very personal, and super skillful!! She did such a great job that everyone complimented me, saying I looked really pretty yet really natural. I highly recommend both Grace and Jen for your engagement, wedding, or any other events!!

• Wedding: 01/05/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a wonderful job. My make-up looked very elegant in our photos, they surely know how to make you look beautiful.

I had Jennifer Tsui as my hair and makeup stylist for my wedding day. She was super great on doing her job. My makeup was flawlessly nature and my hair was elegant. From her application finished around 1 pm to 1 am when I go back home after a long day with crying and dancing and karaoke, my hair and make up still looked the same!!! It's incredible!!!!! I LOVED IT, my husband LOVED it and everybody said that I looked amazing!! Jen turned me into a princess.

On top of Jennifer's skills, she is also a sweet person. A couple of days before my wedding, she texted me caring messages. That was so warm!!!!!!!!!!!
On the wedding day, she was very punctual and brought extra hair accessories, in addition to what I requested, for me to choose. She also made sure that there is no color difference between my face and my body and made sure I looked nice both in person and on photos!!!! YES, she asked my photographer to take a picture to make sure!!!!!!!!!! By the way, she was up at 4am on my wedding day because she had another customer before me but she did NOT show any tiredness when she worked for me and my bridal party.

Professional, skillful, friendly, sweet = Jennifer Tsui!

One other thing I like about Grace's team is that they don't talk about money during the service. Unlike some other company out there that are so eager to earn money from you. Everything was open and clear before the contract, there was no hidden payments. I was very happy to have them.

• Wedding: 12/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Grace to be my make up and hair stylist for my engagement sessions and she did a wonderful job!! On my wedding day, i had Crystal and Felina to do make up and hair for my 5 bridesmaids, and they also did an awesome job of my girls!!! Thank you so much for Grace and your team to make my wedding day "pretty"!!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Grace! Thank you Michelle! Thank you Grace's team! You ladies really did a great job on my big day.
Grace's team did makeup for me and my 3 bridesmaids. Although I was not able to have Grace be my artist (she is very busy), Michelle did a fantastic job as well! She is very nice, patient, and most important, professional. She listened, and tried different colors, hair styles, etc. until I was completely satisfied. She helped me put on my wedding gown and she even fixed my mom's hair without extra charge! I kept receiving compliments about my makeup and hair on that day.
Grace, as the team director, is also charge of all the coordination. I kept making change on the makeup locations, times, etc., but Grace never complained, and she rescheduled with her girls, and provided the updates immediately.
Working with Grace's team feels like your closest friends is helping you out. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 09/30/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I work with Grace Lin Professional Make up Team many time. Michelle is one of their artist. She is on time, very nice and talent person. She will work with bride every way they want. I will recommend her to my future brides.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was fortunate enough to have Grace and her team perform their magic on me more than once. The first time was at my friend's wedding when I was the maid of honor and Grace herself did my hair and makeup. By then I was already a fan. Although Grace was not available to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day, she recommended Michelle her Senior Stylist to me and I could not thank her enough. Michelle was very friendly, sweet and exceptionally talented and what she does. I made some last minute changes and she quickly made those adjustments for me. I receive numerous compliments through the day on how great it all looked. Her other stylists Lisa and Crystal were great too my bridesmaid and mom's all loved it.

If your looking for a makeup artist for your wedding or for just any occasional I would highly recommend Grace and her Team. They are friendly, personable and super talented!. You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Grace and her team made me and my bridesmaids look beautiful this past weekend. It was a pleasure working with Grace. She is very responsive to email and her and her team are very punctual. She is very professional and would definitely recommend her!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
626-246-5612
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards