Gown Boutique of Charleston

Value
4.7
Flexibility
[Private]

The lady that helped me was amazing! She picked out wedding dresses she thought I would look good in based on my body type not on my preference. Turns out she knew what she was doing because I went home with the first one she picked out!!! They are great!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Incredible personalized service and a great selection of affordable beautiful dresses!

[Private]

I have had the best experience with all of the lovely ladies at the Gown Boutique. I got my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses there, and they handled all of my dress alterations. The owners helped me pick my dress, way under budget too, and Liz handled my alterations and she was AMAZING. She makes you comfortable and is excellent at her job. I had a lot of alterations to be done and the final product was flawless and fit me beautifully. Another perk is that your bridesmaids get 10% off if you purchased your wedding dress there!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Jessica at Gown Boutique helped me find my perfect dress. She listened to everything I wanted in my dress and found just that. All the dresses are reasonably priced. They are very professional and listen to your every need to make sure you find the dress of your dreams.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

If you are looking for the perfect bridal gown and shopping experience, choosing Gown Boutique of Charleston is a must! I can not say enough great things about them. Terri, the owner, is one of the kindest ladies you'll ever meet and goes above and beyond to make you feel special, beautiful, and help you feel confident you chose the perfect gown. At my first appointment, I tried on several gowns I absolutely loved, making it hard to chose just one, but all of the girls at Gown Boutique helped make my decision easy. My first fitting was just as calming as it was exciting because I felt so confident my gown would turn out absolutely flawless for the big day. If you visit Gown Boutique of Charleston, I am certain you will fall in love with not only your wedding gown, but the entire shop and everyone there as well. Thank you Gown Boutique of Charleston for making this experience such a pleasant and memorable one!

[Private]

Gown Boutique of Charleston has a wide selection of beautiful gowns. Jessica was very helpful in finding me the perfect gown. She found gowns that fit my style and was very patient as she helped me try on several gowns.

[Private]

I originally went to the Gown Boutique of Charleston looking at bridesmaid dresses. They carried the designer I wanted and a couple of my bridesmaids were able to try them on. While I was there, I started asking questions and looking at their huge selection of wedding gowns. Jenna helped us that day and was so nice that I decided to make an appointment with her to shop for a wedding gown. So, I went back a couple months later with my mom and a friend and found the dress of my dreams!!! I never thought I would find something in my price range, but I did! And Jenna knew exactly what I was looking for! The customer service was amazing, and I am cannot wait to see my groom on our wedding day!!!! Thank you!!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I am so thankful I discovered Gown Boutique while shopping for my wedding dress! It was such a joy to work with everyone at the boutique and I could not have been more pleased with my gown! From my initial moment walking through the door to my last fitting, the ladies of Gown Boutique made the process fun, exciting, and stress-free! Terri, Krista, Jessica, and Jenna were all SO helpful, patient, and honest. Thank you so much for all you did to make our wedding day so special!

Recently Married

I had a great experience with Gown Boutique and this was where I found my dress! Both women we worked with were very attentive and respected my budget. The gowns were very high quality with reasonable pricing. Thank you Gown Boutique!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Gown Boutique of Charleston! From the moment I walked into the store until my wedding day, I was treated with complete respect, kindness, and professionalism. I was personally greeted by Terri, the owner, who carefully went through everything I wanted out of a wedding dress to custom make the dress of my dreams. She immediately understood my vision and pulled several dresses that fit my style perfectly. She also pulled some dresses that she thought I might like. I ended up picking a custom made gown that Terri had suggested and though I would like. We were also able to design an absolutely adorable jacket that I wore for my ceremony that matched my dress perfectly! Liz, the seamstress, was also amazing! She was incredibly sweet and helped tailor a wedding dress that fit me like a glove! With her help, we designed a large bow for the back of my wedding dress that I wore at the reception. She painstakingly taught my mother through how to place the bow and bustle my dress at the reception. She recommended we take a video on our phone of how to do both, which really came in handy the day of the wedding. My entire wedding day, I received endless compliments on the style of my dress, but mostly on how it fit and how it was altered/tailored. My guests (and even strangers) complimented on how nicely the gown was made and fit me! Perhaps the most amazing thing about Gown Boutique and the ladies that work there is their flexibility. I am a physician, have a very restricted schedule, and live in Florida. Because my dress had several custom made parts, I had several fittings. The ladies at Gown Boutique came in on their days off (even when the store was closed) and made several special arrangements for me so that I could have the dress of my dreams. I can't thank all the ladies at Gown Boutique enough, especially Terri and Liz, for everything they did to make my wedding dress experience the most amazing possible! XOXO, Kathryn

Recently Married

I highly recommend The Gown Boutique! Both my sister and I bought our wedding dresses here. I also ordered my bridesmaid dresses here. The Gown Boutique was always fast on responding to the millions of phone calls and emails I sent there way. They have high quality dresses at a great price point.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I worked with Emily at Gown Boutique for my second round of wedding dress hunting. My parents went with me and we pulled gowns. I told Emily what I was looking for, she paid attention to the gowns we chose, and pulled the EXACT image of a dress I had in my mind and put it on me, in my budget too! I had my best friend and matron of honor come down the next week to see the dress and as soon as I put that dress on again, she said "That's it". They were so accommodating with my schedule for fittings, and Liz had my dress fitting like a glove on our wedding day. Terry, the owner, actually pinned me for my final fitting! They "trained" my mom how to tie my sash and fix my bustle, even made videos for us so there was no question. Emily had the ability to take my 'wants' and produce the perfect dress, and Liz fitted me so well my figure looked amazing. My husband cried the entire time I walked down the aisle, and I felt like the most beautiful person ever the day of my wedding. What more could a bride want?

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I ended up at the Gown Boutique during a random visit to Charleston when the boutique happened to be holding a sample sale. The overall selection, quality, and price range of dresses was excellent! I went in without intending to make a purchase, but ended up leaving that day with a classic, beautiful dress!

A year later I moved to Charleston and decided to go back to them for alterations. The seamstress was a doll and the dress turned out perfectly. They were even willing to fix some of the minor imperfections (loose buttons, etc.) resulting from the fact that my dress was a sample gown AND created video instructions for bustling the dress...a lifesaver for my bridesmaids! The afternoon before the wedding I picked up my perfectly fitted and freshly pressed gown; I couldn't have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

I would certainly recommend the Gown Boutique to anyone getting married in Charleston!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Lets face it we all know that the wedding dress is the most important part of our wedding day. The dress of all dresses. The first thing that our husband sees us in when we become his wife. We put the pressure on ourselves to look as perfect as possible and that every detail has to be flawless. Well if you want all that pressure taken off, a great experience, and an amazing selection of dresses. Look no further than the Gown Boutique of Charleston.

This dress shop was recommended to me from my girlfriends at work and boy were they right. We made an appointment to look for dresses for the first time and it was just me, my mother, and my future mother in law. As soon as we walked in we were knew we were in the right place. We were greated by a warm friendly smile and some bubbly. My consultants name was Jenna and she was fantastic. She listened to what style and type of dress that I wanted and also to what my budget was. We found the most amazing Essence of Australia dress with lace and everything that I wanted. She also matched it with a veil that went perfect with the way the lace fell on the back of my dress.

The next step was the fitting and that was as flawless as the wedding dress selection. The seamstress was so professional. She explained every process as the altered the dress and made sure I was comfortable with everything. They pressed my dress and made it bridal portrait and wedding day ready.

I would recommend this boutique to any girl who is getting married in Charleston you will feel like a million dollars and not have the stress of the dress on your mind as you are in amazing hands.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience with Gown Boutique! I went into my appointment thinking all the gowns would be over my max budget, but was SO pleased to see that there were a number of samples on sale within my price range. After talking through my "vision" and budget with Jenna, she pulled a number of dresses—the first one I tried on was the one! There were many other gorgeous gowns in the shop, but it was the very first dress that stole my heart. Liz, the seamstress, was so skilled and helpful, as well. What a plus having that service in shop and not having to search around for someone to help with alterations. All in all, I couldn't be happier with my gown shopping experience.

Julie
06/28/2014

If you are looking to be pampered and feel as though you are the most special bride in the lowcountry...this is the bridal boutique for you!

When you arrive Gown Boutique of Charleston, you are greeted and graciously welcomed by the staff...offered a glass of wine/bubbly and then asked questions about what your ideas are for the dress...what do you have in mind...what do you not want in a dress, what type of wedding you will have, etc.

I started shopping with strong ideas of what my wedding dress would look like...conservative, lace, long sleeves...you get the idea...I'm an 'older' bride and did not want to be 'flashy'. Thank goodness Jessica is an expert...she encouraged me to try on several dresses...styles that she felt would look good on my figure.

I ended up in a gorgeous strapless mermaid style dress (no lace!) that made me feel like the most beautiful bride ever! I would never have imagined that I could pull that dress off, but it was perfect!

I had 2 fittings after I purchased my dress and the seamstress was the sweetest person. She did an excellent job with my dress and was able to 'show me' several ways that she could bustle the dress...as well as teaching my daughter-in-law how to bustle it on the wedding day (very easy!).

Lastly, each time I called or visited the boutique, the staff remembered me and called me by name...they know their customer and make them feel welcome and important.

Thank you Gown Boutique of Charleston!!

Gown Boutique of Charleston responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Julie. Knowing that we helped make your day perfect is what our job is all about. We appreciate it more than you know! Congratulations!