Gold Dust Entertainment

Gold Dust Entertainment

Book LA's Best Wedding DJ Team & plan to dance all night long always fun never cheesy

Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am SO SO glad that we found Gold Dust! They were the absolute perfect match for us! We were really stuck on DJs because we wanted someone who was cool, down-to-earth and who would make our wedding fun and not cheesy. We had met with another DJ from another company (who shall not be named!) and were eager to meet with him since their reviews were incredible. However, it just goes to show that you get what you pay for. This company was less expensive (which is why everyone loved them, probably) but the DJ was awkward and and didn't even know why we wanted to meet him. We met him at a tiny club on a Weds night and he kept saying "so... like... anything else you wanna know?" We got the hint and let him go back to doing his thing and left. We thought maybe all DJs are like this and we shouldn't be so picky. Until we found Jeff & Jennifer!! Our venue actually recommended them I trusted our rep because she's awesome. I talked to Jeff on the phone for all of 5 minutes and when I hung up I told my then fiance that we have to book them. They had planned on being at Burning Man the weekend of our wedding but agreed to come back early just for us.

They are a husband and wife team which makes them all the more awesome. What I love most is not only are they down-to-earth but they know what they are doing. If I suggested something that they knew wouldn't work, they'd tell me. And that's super important to have in a vendor. Most of us have never done this before and it's good to have someone trustworthy who's done this plenty of times before to tell you "I like that idea, but it won't work because of a, b, & c". Not to mention, people forget how important it is do have a really great MC. 99% of the time, the DJ is also the MC but how often are they equally great at doing both? Attending a bunch of weddings myself, I can tell you: not that often. That's what's so great about Gold Dust. Jeff is an AWESOME DJ and Jennifer is an amazing MC. You truly get the best of both!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jeff and Jennifer with Gold Dust Entertainment rocked our wedding! My husband and I love to dance and so does our entire guest list so a great DJ was very important to us when planning our wedding! Jeff and Jennifer were not only responsive and very helpful with suggestions for unique processional songs but also had a great list of songs to choose from in their database. The best part was that if they didn't have the song you wanted to hear, we just asked them and they played it - downloaded instantly! Jennifer did most of the MC for the night, pronounced all names correctly (we have been at numerous weddings where the DJ butchers the names of the wedding party/bride and groom), had endless energy and it showed all through the night! They were flexible with start and end time, were very professionally dressed and had an overall great performance! If there was 10 stars that is exactly what we would give them! I would highly recommend Gold Dust to do your wedding or any event / party! We are trying to figure out what to celebrate next, just so they can DJ our next party! Thanks again Jeff and Jennifer!
Britani and George Naisbitt
Wedding Date: 10/19/13

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
Britani
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys know how to get the dance floor moving!
From our first meeting, I knew Jeff & Jen were "our guys", they were high energy, fun, music afficiondos.
Prior to our wedding we had two face to face meetings with them. These were crucial in us getting to know one another & helping us fill in the holes on music...they were great in giving us the creative lead, but any time we got stuck on "what should we play then"...they would throw out ideas & we would bounce things off another. It was extremely helful (I was surprised about the many details needed for song placement/choices so this was a huge help to us).

My only advice for ceremony music is to be very specific on cut-off times. We had a little hiccup when my entrance song played for too long. I assumed it would stop when I reached the front, but I didn't specify that to them. It worked out fine though, the back of my dress was pretty & we all got a good giggle out of it. So just be sure to go thru all of those little details with them.

They have a web database that is extremely helpful as well...you can choose from "Must Play" all the way to "Don't Play at All". It was a great way to make sure we got to hear certain songs and stayed away from those dreaded ones too!

Another plus is that they are a team. You have Jen who is out in the crowd working the room (handling the wedding entrance, cake cutting, all announcements) & Jeff just blaring the music. It is a great balance!

But above all of this, they just are amazing DJ's and know how to read a room. Honestly some of the songs my husband & I thought would be hit probably wouldn't have been, but Jeff saw what got people moving & everyone danced the night away. Since then, I still have people tell me it was one of the most fun weddings they have been to & I credit a good bit of that to Gold Dust.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad to we found Jeff and Jenn - they were fantastic and ensured a memorable party for us. From the moment Jeff picked up the phone until we hugged goodbye after the wedding, this awesome husband-and-wife duo has been nothing but professional, friendly, and easy to work and communicate with. They had us fill out a very detailed questionnaire to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted and went over everything very thoroughly over the phone just before the wedding. The day of the event, Jeff and Jenn arrived early and helped us set up the ceremony sound, even though they were only contracted to play during the reception - we did pay a small fee for that, but it was worth every penny - they made everything so easy and smooth. Jeff played every song we wanted and nothing we didn't while Jenn did a fantastic job MCing and our friends had a blast dancing. Our ceremony ran way late and our reception time was crunched, but she was great about finding ways to maximize the time and improvising on the spot, always discreetly checking in with us and making sure we were happy with the flow of events. Our guests never even suspected. Thanks Jenn and Jeff for a wonderful and smooth party! We had a blast!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love Jennifer & Jeff!! Thank you so much for making our day beautiful. I just watched the video and Jenn you did a great job MCing the party.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gold Dust Entertainment DJ'd our wedding reception and after party in Ojai this past May. Jeff and Jennifer are awesome! So easy to work with, very organized, fun and professional. As the MC, Jennifer was perfect. Entertaining and fun with out being obnoxious or cheesy!

We didn't provide any specific playlist, just let them do their thing and they nailed it! Great vibe and perfect song selection, the dance floor was packed all night with guests of all ages. He mixed up the music and he really knows how to read a dance floor. After the reception we moved to the after party location where they had everything, including karaoke, set up and ready to go and the non-stop dancing continued! There was never a dull moment ... everything went so smoothly and we had a blast!

Our guests really enjoyed the wedding and we got so many compliments about the music. We highly recommend Jeff and Jennifer at Gold Dust Entertainment. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for the best DJ in town look no further! Jeff and Jenn are the perfect team and made my wedding the most fun party ever! I cannot think of anyone else more perfect than these two to get everyone on the dance floor and having a truly amazing time.

• Wedding: 12/08/2012
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was a bride who was lucky enough to not have to worry about finding a DJ. Jeff and Jennifer were DJs at the wedding of a close couple friend of mine and my husbands two years ago. When we became engaged and started planning our own wedding, they were the first vendor I contacted and booked (even before the venue!) Reason being, they helped create a truly memorable and beautiful night for my friends, and I wanted nothing less for my own day. Jeff and Jennifer helped us create a timeline for the day, were so much fun to get to know. They set the exact mood I had dreamed of for my wedding. It was so romantic and magical, and they kept everyone on their feet all night. Music was very important to us, and they delivered far beyond our expectations. Our guests are still telling us how much they loved our DJs. And we do too! I can't wait to get out to see them at local gigs. Thanks again Jeff and Jennifer!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
Kimberly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gold Dust Entertainment is the absolute BEST! They made our wedding such a fun and memorable event. Jeff and Jennifer are the best team. Jeff was an amazing DJ. He played super fun music for all age levels which was really important to us. The dance floor was literally packed all night long from my 4 year old nephew to my 88 year old grandmother. By the time the night was over, nobody wanted to get off the dance floor. There was never an awkward moment or song that people didn't love. They also did the music for our ceremony which was beautiful, organized and totally on point. Exactly the songs we wanted. Jennifer did an amazing job as our MC and also helped organize the whole night and keep us on track. From our grand enterance (she lined us all up, confirmed everyone's names, etc.), to the bouquet and garter toss to the cake cutting...she organized it all!!! I never had to worry about a thing all night long which was such a relief to me. Leading up to the wedding, they were always available to meet up with us in person, get on a phone call, offer their advice and expertise. I would recommend their services to my best of friends and all of my friends. They were, in one word, AMAZING.

Thank you!
Courtney & Alec

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Jeff and Jennifer were very easy to work with. They are a great duo - Jennifer MC'ing and Jeff with all the music. We met with them and then had several other meetings - they called to confirm everything and helped us make our timeline perfect. They listened to all of our music requests and blended everything together seamlessly on our big day.They were also flexible in the changes we wanted to make last minute. We had so many compliments from our guests about the music. Definitely recommend working with DJ Jeff and Jennifer - BEST DJ EVER!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were blown away with our experience using DJ Jeff and Jen at Gold Dust Entertainment for our recent wedding! From the first meeting they were warm, professional and extremely organized! They provided a detailed timeline for us to fill in- it was so helpful and really made our vision come together, seeing how the music would be incorporated throughout the event.

I didn't have time to make my whole playlist-- they have an amazing and extensive music database you can go into and choose as many songs as you would like to hear (or not hear!), and they ended up playing better song choices than I could have imagined!

They added special touches, like after my dad gave his speech and mentioned he remembered dancing to "My Girl" with me when I was little, they incoporated that song into the night. My husband (the groom) had a musician friend pass away several years ago, and DJ Jeff was able to find some of his unreleased music and play it at the end, to surprise the groom- so special!

I would highly recommend their services to anyone having a wedding or special event. This amazing duo is so tuned into their clients and really tie the whole event together with incredible music.

I saw people that I had never seen dance before having an blast on the dance floor- they catered to all age groups and kept the party going-- we didn't leave until 12:30am!! :)

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
Kate
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jeff and Jennifer rock! Our party ran continuously from 6 pm to midnight because Jeff & Jennifer know exactly how to rock the crowd! Awesome music selection; excellent MCs. They know how to make sure the crowd is having fun!

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gold Dust entertainment were by far the best dj I have ever hired. They did my wedding and i was so impressed by the way they did it so smoothly and everything was perfect from the time the ceremony started to the time the reception ended the were very friendly upbeat and fun they interacted with you and kept the fun going and kept the music how we wanted it. They were very respectful to our guests well dressed, they were amazing! They went by our list to the key didnt try to play things THEY like but exactly how we wanted it they made our wedding! everyone of our guests kept saying how fun our wedding was and how great the dj was and how it was by far the best wedding they have been too. If i were to recommend anyone it would be them!
sincerely,
Kylie and joe davey=)

• Wedding: 02/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Jeff & Jennifer are amazing.

They were such a great help in the planning of the wedding.They enlightened me so much. I thought I was prepaired until I met with them. They are very organized. They showed up early and they looked great, very profesional. Jennefer is amazing on the microphone. She realy kept the party going. They have a great vibe and everybody loved them. I will without a doubt use them again. ONE HOT COUPLE!

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys provided the best night for us! The music, the vibe, the fun! It was amazing. They're selection of music was awesome and they were extremely professional and very well organized, from the music to the timing and announcement of the wedding party. I highly recommend Gold Dust Ent. for your event! xoxo

• Wedding: 11/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am going to be extremely honest...Gold Dust Entertainment is the best, most professional DJ service IN TOWN! First of all, they are two of the sweetest people we have ever met. They are super easy going, but were always on top of things and remembered all the little details that were really important to us. Every person at our wedding told us, "This is the BEST wedding we have ever been to!" We give a lot of that credit to Jeff and his wife Jennifer, who kept the party going all night. They did everything we asked of them, and much more. I would hire them for every single party we ever have and would HIGHLY, HIGHLY, recommend their services to family and friends. Not only were they extremely professional, but they were really FUN!!! If I had to rate them from 1-10, I would without hesitation say 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/16/2011