GN Events

GN Events

DJs - Photo Booths - Decor Lighting

1929a S. Mannheim Rd
Westchester, IL 60154 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(5.0 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would recommend GN Events to anyone getting married. We used them for their photobooth and they were so great! We had a scrap book for our copy of the pictures and they provided props. The memories in that book are priceless. Plus we received a digital copy of all the photos taken! They were so easy to work with. As the bride to not have to think about how that was running was amazing. Again - I would absolutely recommend GN Events and definitely recommend renting a photobooth. It was one of the highlights of our wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

GN Events was absolutely awesome! We rented a Photo booth through them! We had so many compliments on how on top of everything he was and how organized he was. After the wedding, that night, we received the scrapbook of all the pictures and messages from our guests! Hilarious!!! To see people, especially older people having a ball inside the photo booth was just awesome! I would recommend getting a Photo booth for a wedding and definitely using this company!!!! Thanks so much!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
Services Used: Photography
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have to give 5 stars. We did not give too much advance notice for our wedding reception. Planning the hall, DJ, photo booth, guest list, etc....gets crazy. Having GN Events for our DJ was the best choice for us. The price was great and the quality was top notch. We had our songs picked for certain dances and our no-play list. But, the songs that were needed to fill in addition were spot on. It was almost like he knew exactly what we wanted to hear.
We also used a photo booth for our reception and it was so much fun. I have the flash drive with all the pictures so I was able to upload to Snapfish to create our wedding / reception album.

• Wedding: 08/24/2014
cyndi
1 Review
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gene did a wonderful job being our DJ, I even requested a special music clip for our entrance and he found it. He was very flexible with the location we were going to meet to review all the music. My only slight complaint was that on the music website that you enter all your preferences I could only enter 5 songs on the do not play list even though there was several more I needed to add. In turn, one of those songs started playing during the reception and I had to go up to him and ask him to change it. That was a small complaint other than that Sound of the Times was great to work with and very responsible cost.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gene was amazing. He met all our needs and was very flexible. When the we(bride and groom) recommended songs, they were the next to play. I would use Gene again anytime if I needed a DJ and will recommend him to all my friends who are getting married.

• Wedding: 10/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gene was great. The music he played was great and everyone was dancing all night long. Many of whom were sore the next day! Gene was great to work with and flexible. Everyone had a great time and didnt want the night to end. I would recommend Gene to everyone!

• Wedding: 10/22/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gene was great!! He did an after party for us following our wedding reception and he played most of our requested songs plus songs that were requested during the dance. He kept the floor full all night! He was extremely responsive and understanding of our needs. I would definitely recommend him.

• Wedding: 09/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found that he was very open and flexible. He always responded to my questions in an appropriate amount of time, he played all the songs we requested, and he was very professional. I loved the website, it helped out over the months of planning to see what we had to think of music wise for our special day.

• Wedding: 09/10/2010
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He did a wonderful job at my wedding, everyone was impressed with the mix of music.You will not be disappointed! I would recommended him for any other event as well. :-)

GN Events responded with the following comments:

Sarah, thank you so much! You know I love you guys.

Sarah and Steve had informed me last minute that there was going to be an epileptic in attendance. With two days notice, I redesigned and programmed the dance lighting to be epileptic friendly, hence no strobing. It worked out great and looked fantastic. I've even used a few photos from their wedding on my website with their permission.

• Wedding: 06/12/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Gene Neri for our wedding through The Wedding Studio. For what we needed Gene was just right for our budget. He has an endless list of music choices & if he doens't have it available he will get it for you. When meeting with him, he has a nice and laid back attitude. He didn't try to put it in our face, as did other DJs, that he was the best and/or try to impress us with his high tech equipment. We told him about the crowd we were having and what type of style we were looking for to be played during cocktail hour and dinner. His answer was, "I got this!"

Communicating with him was great, he always got back to us in a very timely manor when we had questions. My husband and I did not have enough time to really sit and go through music choices during our planning. My husband was diagnosed with cancer just 6 weeks before we were to say "I do". I told Gene that we were sorry about not giving him many music choices and that we were giving him complete faith in him because this is what he does. Made just a few minor request and they were ALL met!!!! Put your faith in this man!!! He had the dance floor going all night. Our friends said the next day they were hurting from all the dancing. He takes request, but makes sure they will not kill your mood of fun. I would highly recommend Gene. His professionalism is outstanding and was polite to all of our guest. Two thumbs up for Gene!!! He ROCKS!

GN Events responded with the following comments:

I loved working with this couple. They just wanted to have fun. They gave me a few ideas of what they wanted and let me take control. They all had a great time and the dance floor was packed until the very last song of the night.

• Wedding: 01/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gino, who did the DJ work and setup, did a magnificent job, the music was what we asked for, tasteful, never too loud, appropriate for all events for our wedding reception. He pronounced all names correctly, Emceed professionally, did a spontaneous Karaoke request, He was well dressed, always checked with the bride and groom when we wanted to do anything, Kept the party on schedule, and he definitely put his sweat and blood into his work. I would recommend him to anyone who needed DJ/Karaoke Service.

GN Events responded with the following comments:

Thanks Tom! When he mentions blood, there is a story there. I have the scar to prove it.

• Wedding: 09/20/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sound of the Times was wonderful. Gene was very flexible in meeting with us and handling all of our special requests including a unique playlist for our cocktail hour. From our first contact to the end of our reception, Gene and Sound of the Times took care of everything we needed and more. I would recommend their services to anyone looking for wedding and party entertainment.

• Wedding: 09/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gino was great to work with and was very flexible. He came to our house to go over the playlist which really helped during the hectic final days just before the wedding. He played exactly what we requested and was very professional.
Can't say enough positive things about him and we will recommed him to our family & friends when they are looking for a DJ.

GN Events responded with the following comments:

This was a fun night at a downtown hotel. Though it was a smaller wedding, they danced so hard that the portable dance floor actually moved an entire foot over the course of the night!

• Wedding: 08/07/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gene Neri was a great DJ. He was very accommodating. He is kind, and he worked really hard to make sure that our reception was fun. He is prompt when it comes to keeping in contact. The dance floor was packed the whole night!!! We LOVED working with Gene and Sound of the Times Mobile Entertainment!!!!

GN Events responded with the following comments:

I had so much fun DJing Yvette's wedding reception. Her guests truly came to party. We were having so much fun, that a large group from the room next door joined everyone on the dance floor because they said their event was boring!

• Wedding: 06/13/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

GREAT DJ!! Kept the entire dance floor full and played everything we wanted and was very flexible with what we wanted. He made sure that we were happy and that was his main concern. I would highly recommend them to anyone . Thanks again

• Wedding: 03/05/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our DJ was incredible for our wedding. Kept the entire dance floor full and played everything we wanted and was very flexible with what we wanted. He made sure that we were happy and that was his main concern. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked. Thanks again

• Wedding: 07/01/2008
708-620-4466
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards