Glow Weddings and Events

Value
Flexibility
Julie
05/02/2015

The coordinator was on top of all details and clarified some where both mother of the bride and matron of honor had both agreed to take care of. The reception went off smoothly and everyone had a good time.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We hired Kristi from Glow as our 'Month End' coordinator.
At first, we didn't get the warm and fuzzy w/ Kristi, however, all I can say is that she saved our day! Without her, it would have been extremely challenging.

Six weeks prior to our wedding, it was very stressful. As we approached our date, Kristi kicked in and reminded us how much we had forgotten. She is very on-point and did an excellent job with all of the minutia and nailed every last detail. Glow made our day magical, the entire event ran smoothly, on time and our guests were extremely happy. As the bride and groom, we were thrilled with her service :)

We would have no hesitation in recommending Kristi and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't choose anyone else!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I recently used GLOW Wedding and Events to coordinate my wedding on the day of. I was married at a newer venue that doesn't have an onsite coordinator, so requires you to bring one in. This is not something we originally budgeted for so it threw us for a loop. I was so thankful when I found GLOW, they were the best priced company in the area.

We had Tammy as our coordinator and she was amazing. From the start,Tammy was always very attentive and responsive in her emails and answers. It was very easy to work with her and she left no detail and question unattended or unanswered. When I requested a change, she openly accepted it or carefully explained why it couldn't be changed. She was very helpful in running rehearsal, she dealt with herding nearly 30 wedding party attendants around to their places. I commend her for being able to organize such a large wedding party.

On the day of, she came by the hotel to pick up several personal items and transport them all to the venue. When we got to the venue for pictures she had already begun setting things up and helped organize the group for pictures and then let the photographer take over. She made sure to keep us on schedule and make sure we knew if we were falling behind. When we needed someone for pictures, she ran around to find them. She made sure I was always taken care of with water or a drink, even before things started. The night was pretty much flawless in my eyes, everything I requested and provided my self for decorations was set up as I had asked. If there were any issues or problems, I didn't know and still don't know about them so to me it was a perfect night and I truly thank Tammy for that. My husband and dad (the one who paid!) and I all agree that paying for a coordinator, specifically Tammy, was the most well spent money in the budget!

Lia
03/08/2015

We worked with Kristi for Day of Coordination for our March wedding. She was really great to work with -- she was very detail oriented, incredibly organized, and a very calming presence both prior to and during the wedding. She was on top of every detail -- she sent us lists of questions, reviewed every document and plan that we had, and on the day of the wedding, we could relax knowing that she was taking care of everything. She was flexible and able to work with us even when we hit minor snags - for example when our caterer didn't show up for our walkthrough because they had mistaken the date, she walked through the space with us, helped us think through all the details, and drafted a list of questions to confirm with the caterer when we were finally able to meet with them. We were also hit by a snowstorm two days before the wedding, and on the exact day we had intended to deliver the stuff for the wedding (placecards, favors, candles etc) we were unable to drive out to Kristi. In order to make things easier for us, she drove out to the hotel where we were staying on the morning of the wedding, and picked everything up (it ended up being a lot of boxes, requiring several trips up and downstairs).
Finally, our wedding was a traditional Orthodox Jewish wedding, and had a lot of intricate details. Kristi knew the ins and outs of a Jewish wedding, and was able to help us visualize how it would work within the space that we were using.
Based on our experiences, I would highly recommend that you contact and use Glow Weddings and Events!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Kristi with Glow Weddings and Events was just fantastic for the Day of Planning services I hired her for. She went above and beyond what I expected from her at every step of the way. I was immediately impressed at the extensive planning document filled with questions she had, many I had not thought of! She helped me get across the planning finish line with her transition in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The day of she was prompt and immediately took charge. She handled all the details of the day, including some decorations I needed set up in the venue. But she really went above and beyond by packing up boxes of items at the end of the reception and returning them to our suite at the hotel so we could continue celebrating with our friends. To not have to have my mom do this or to worry about it myself was such a relief. She must have made several trips up to our room so it was no quick job and really was more than we could have expected.

She was exactly what we wanted for the day of to ensure we didn't have to worry about the little details and could just enjoy ourselves. I would recommend her for your wedding in an instant.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

It was such a relief to have Glow Weddings & Events coordinate our reception. We are so glad we had them to take care of so many little details we didn't even really think of until weeks before (that added up to a lot in the end)! We hired Kristi Hartig to coordinate our reception at Top of the Town because there were some logistical and timing challenges our venue presented to us. Since the venue we chose does not provide all those "little" extras and we did a lot of DIY, we were able to drop off everything - our seating chart, votive candles, linens, favors, misc. decor, etc. - with Kristi a few days before the wedding so she could take all of it to the reception for us when the vendors were allowed in (while we were in the middle of our ceremony at the church). She also helped set up some things our caterer was worried they wouldn't have time to do - all the chair sashes especially. Kristi kept us on time throughout the event AND brought leftover items to our hotel block for us so we could have everything in the morning. Our venue was beautiful but we found it difficult to work with their strict rules at times and Kristi took over all those worries for us. We had debated spending the extra money to hire a Reception Coordinator but we are SO glad we did. Kristi was worth every penny! Thanks for all of your hard work, Kristi!

Recently Married

I hired Glow to do day-of-coordination for my wedding. Kristi and Glow Events did an amazing job coordinating the day of my wedding, but also helped to run my rehearsal and were instrumental throughout the entire planning process with vendor recommendations and random planning questions.

Our wedding was a very DIY event and involved a lot of moving parts. Kristi and her assistant took care of everything the day of the event and allowed me to not have to worry about a thing. Everything looked beautiful and reflected what I had in mind for our wedding. Kristi even showed up earlier than normal to set-up for my event to ensure that everything would be just right.

Kristi is very organized and thorough. A month prior to the wedding, she sent me a very exhaustive planning question list. While it took a long time to go through, it helped ensure that Kristi knew every detail for our day and was able to execute an event that reflected exactly what my husband and I wanted.

I would definitely recommend Glow events to anyone looking for day-of-coordination. They are very affordable for the area and I suspect they will (and should) soon raise their rates.

Manuel
09/28/2014

If it weren't for GLOW Wedding & Events, and Kristi Hartig in particular, I honestly don't think I could have survived my wedding. Her professionalism and experience were evident at every step of the process-- consistent calm, attention to detail, responsiveness, superior organizational skills, warmth and positivity--and during the final month, and especially the day of, I was literally stunned by how poised, relaxed, and effective she was.

In my work life, I also organize huge events with many moving pieces, and no matter how effectively I prepare, I am a MASSIVE stress case the day of the event. Not so with Kristi--our wedding day was a smashing success, every single thing came off without a hitch (I seriously can't remember putting out a single fire) , my wife and I were serene, untroubled, and happy, and the middle of it all, despite a thousand time-sensitive demands of which we were blissfully unaware, Kristi was model of calm in the eye of our wedding hurricane.

Thanks to Kristi Hartig and GLOW events, my wife and I survived the planning experience, thrived on our wedding day, and can happily cherish the memory of a perfect, blissful day with all of our favorite people in the world. To my mind, this is how a wedding should be, and it seems GLOW Events is in the business of making that happy ending the norm for all of their lucky clients. Cheers to GLOW!

Recently Married

GLOW (Kristi Hartig and her team) provided the day-of coordination for my wedding, and I really can't say enough good things about her organization skills and professionalism.

My (married) friends had told me that I should hire a day-of-coordinator, and I had initially vetoed the idea. As a type-A personality, I thought I could handle it all. However, my event location had a very strict timeline and would not allow us into the location to set up until 4 pm, less than two hours before my ceremony. Suddenly it occurred to me that I couldn't be everywhere at once -- I couldn't pull out the decor from my car, set up the tables & our DIY projects, get dressed, and take first-look pics during the same hour.

Enter Kristi. A friend-of-a-friend recommended her, and, as I told Kristi many times the day-of my wedding, she was the best money we spent.

Kristi helped us before the event by asking us questions in regard to our preferences, and providing ideas and helpful suggestions (but only when asked) in regard to how to make the event run more smoothly. The day-of, she handled all of the coordination before, during and after the event, including packing up all of our personal/decor items. She knew our timeline and preferences like the back of her hand, and even when things came up that were unexpected, she was cool as a cucumber -- and I did not have to lift a finger, she handled it all.

I would not hesitate to recommend GLOW to anyone looking for a planner or event coordinator. Kristi and her team are very good at what they do, and they provide incredible value for your money.

Noelle
08/30/2014

My wife and I are incredibly grateful we found Kristi. Kristi was able to quickly understand who we are as a couple, what was important to us, and immediately suggest some amazing vendors and an INCREDIBLE officiant that clicked perfectly with us and our styles. Everything turned out so amazingly beautiful - way better than I could have ever imagined. Her team is amazing at bringing all the elements together and making the event..well... GLOW! I promise they did not pay me to say that! ha!

Based on so many other people's experiences, I was ready to have my wedding be a whirlwind of stress and constant running around -so much that I would be lucky to remember from the pictures. But that was not my experience at all. Seriously, I had SO MUCH FUN at my wedding!! I wasn't worried about a thing! Kristi took care of everything, and I danced, laughed, ate, had amazing photography taken, and danced a whole lot more all without a worry because I knew everything else was taken care of. We had already worked out all the details, and everything was in Kristi's (and the vendor's) hands - all of whom I felt very safe with. I feel like they all became part of our family that night. Everyone had a blast. Nothing is worth being stressed and unable to enjoy the best day of your life!

Thank you Kristi!

Recently Married

Kristi did an excellent job! We signed up for the six-week out wedding package. Kristi gave us terrific recommendations for vendors. Everyone we hired for our wedding was recommended by Kristi! She helped us figure out all of the details...the timeline, transportation, decorations, logistics, etc. She thought of all of the things we would never have thought of ourselves. We were worried about how all of the ingredients would come together, but on the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly. We were able to just enjoy the day!

Alyssa
08/09/2014

Kristi is amazing!!! My wedding venue hasn't hosted a huge number of weddings, so I felt a little worried that there were alot of moving pieces, and stresses I didn't want to take on as the bride. When I searched for coordinators that had worked at this venue before, Glow and Kristi popped up, so I inquired. My first meeting made it an easy decision - Kristi is very knowledgeable, organized, and has a calming presence...I had no doubt my wedding would be in good hands, months before it even happened. Even though I used Glow for day-of coordination only, Kristi was easily accessibly for those few questions that nobody else could answer through the planning process. And, when it was a few weeks out from the wedding, boy did she on top of everything. There was not one aspect of the day that I felt stressed about because I knew it was well taken care of, and each step of the day went off smoothly because she was behind the scenes checking in on it all! I couldn't recommend her more highly - I wish I had more local friends getting married that I could refer to Glow!

Zol
06/29/2014

Glow Weddings and Events did an awesome job during our wedding on June 29th, 2014. For the quality of work they provide and price they charge, you cannot ask for anything better. Tammy An who was our coordinator was more than excellent. She paid attention to details, followed all instructions, and was on time during the whole planning process. She made sure we had everything we needed and checked on us from time to time during the reception. Note that we had about 250 people at our wedding. Tammy Ann is just the best. I am glad we had her as our wedding coordinator. By God's grace, when we do our 5 year wedding anniversary, we will not look elsewhere but to Glow Weddings and Events.

Thank you Glow, thank you Tammy Ann....you are the best!

Recently Married

Sonum was our coordinator, and she was great! She was very professional, patient, calm and knowledgeable. She really helped us on our wedding day, and we are glad we chose Glow.

Recently Married

I'm the Father of the Bride and I looked for and found Glow after reading many different reviews - I'm very pleased I did. My daughter had a different coordinator in mind but when I talked to them they were very difficult and acted as if they were what was important instead of the event! So when I found Glow and they were very responsive, cost effective, and pleasant - that is who I trusted with our big wedding event. As stated I'm very happy with Glow and I highly recommend them. Our on-site coordinator Sonum was fantastic. It was a wonderful day.

Colette
06/07/2014

I hired Kristi as my Day-of-Coordinator for my June 7 wedding on the Eastern Shore. From the first meeting I had with Kristi, I felt very reassured that she would be the best person to manage the logistics and coordination of my wedding. She is the epitome of a DETAILS person; this woman does not miss a thing! I consider myself highly detailed and accurate and I made a huge mistake in the coordination of the transportation that could have resulted in several guests not being picked up for the wedding. Kristi reviewed every single document and found this error and immediately notified me. Quite frankly, she saved the day right there and it wasn't even my wedding yet~! The day of my wedding she had everything organized and flowing just as planned. When something didn't go according to schedule (who knew it would take 25 minutes and two people to figure out to bustle my french lace wedding gown) she just kept the flow of the reception going so it wasn't obvious I was missing and everyone was waiting on me. She also saved the day again when my band had the wrong first song written down; Kristi double-checked everything with them and fixed this error before our first dance! Her and her assistant worked incredibly hard the whole day to make sure everything was where it needed to be at a specific time. I highly recommend her for any wedding coordination! She was a pleasure to work with as well!