GloriaPelo

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)

Gloria ROCKS!

I do photo-ready makeup on myself very well, but a wedding day is not to be taken lightly and is so time-sensitive, even for the experienced painter.
I couldn't find anyone I felt could do makeup better than me without making me look like someone other than myself, and it was nearly impossible to find someone with so much experience and talent in my favorite style of makeup-Hollywood Glam!
I explained my concern to Elegant Temptations, the sweet folks who made my cake, and they recommended Gloria. They described her as sassy, entertaining, and CRAZY talented...boy were they right!

Gloria is not a this or a that. Gloria is an artist. She never does makeup the same way twice, and although some brides might feel uncomfortable with this, I assure you it's nothing to worry about.

Always trust the expert, because seriously, Gloria is always right about her craft!

• Wedding: 11/03/2013
Profile Picture
Michelle Sarkissian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

GLORIA ERES LA MEJOR... !!! PROFESIONAL 100%, ENTREGADA A TU TRABAJO MARAVILLOSO...DEJAS EN CADA UNA DE LAS PERSONAS QUE TE CONOCEMOS UNA SONRISA ....QUE SIGAN TUS EXITOS ...!!! TQM

• Wedding: 12/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria is wonderful! Made my bridesmaids and I look amazing!!! She really knows her stuff and enjoys what she does. Without a doubt one of the best. I have two complaints, one being my fault.. I had asked for a soft romantic hair-do and because it rained all day and it was very humid it didn't stay the entire night. and again that could've been all my fault. The second wasn't on Gloria or on her work at all. She had an assistant that day that seemed she wasn't in the best mood soooo that was a bit of a downer. Other than that shes great!!!!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ladies, look no further, Gloria Pelo truly is the GURU. She is so amazing that I whisked her away to Italy to do my hair and makeup. Yes, I know. It's a bit ridiculous to fly a hair/makeup artist to another country for a wedding but she's just that good. I went to many trials and her work was above all others. Beyond her impeccable talent in hair and makeup is just the absolute sweetest woman you could work with. The day of the wedding, she kept me calm and made me laugh. You would think all of that talent would go to her head but it's quite the opposite. Not only did she do my hair/makeup but she did my Mom's and two others and they never looked more stunning. Thank you, Gloria for your hard work in Italy! I wish I could take you everywhere with me!!!

• Wedding: 06/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG!!! What can't I say about Gloria Pelo and her crew. SIMPLY AMAZING! Gloria made me into the bride I NEVER thought I could be. I felt and looked like a princess. She brought out my best features therefore enhancing my wedding day look. I loved the calm and ease that she and her crew brought to me and my wedding party. She is undoubtedly the Guru of Brides!!!

• Wedding: 02/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Gloria's Focus on Brides team for my hair and make up. Jessie was on time and professional. She did a fabulous job on my hair, even with a change of style on the spot. My make up was flawless and stayed in place all night long. I appreciated having her there because she knew I was stressed in the morning and kept reminding me to relax. I recommend Gloria and her team to every bride I know.

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria is absolutely the BEST in the business.... I hired her to do my make-up and hair for my; Engagement Pictures, Boudoir Photo Shoot, and Wedding. She did not dissapoint! Absolutely professional and talented. I looked awesome at my wedding, and so did my Mom and Grandmother, who also received both hair and make-up services as a gift from me to them. My grandmother looked 20 years younger and my Mother glowed! Thank you Gloria for making me look and feel amaxing on my special day :)

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria is great to work with. She made me laugh and made the whole morning of getting ready go by smoothly. She did my hair and makeup and I absolutely loved it. She did my bridesmaids as well as my mother’s makeup and they all loved what she did. She really is super talented and very friendly.

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria and her crew are awesome! I highly recommend her! i rented at the hotel of the wedding in miami beach this past June with 5 bridesmaids, flower girl my and 2 mother's, and she got us all done in a few hours! We all looked fabulous! My expectations were more than exceeded!Gloria is a sweetheart and very attentive, professional and cares about the end result. She asks a lot of questions and makes sure you get what you want. =)
I can't say enough good things about her!

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria Pelo did the hair and makeup for my wedding and she made me look and feel FABULOUS. Everyone said that I looked like a model on my wedding day. On top of hiring her to do my hair and makeup I hired her to do the makeup for the mother of the bride and mother of the groom. The mothers got their hair done at a salon before they got their makeup done with Gloria. I decided to get the moms' hair done in a salon, which was cheaper than hiring Gloria. However, when Gloria saw their hair she saw that there was much room for improvement. She fixed both of their hairdos and made them look great. She is a true professional, extremely gifted at what she does, and a very sweet person. Gloria was not cheap but she was worth every penny. I give Gloria my highest recommendation.

Thank you Gloria!!!

• Wedding: 01/01/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

loved Gloria, she is sweet, caring and amazing. I'm so happy to have her do all my hair and make up, it came about beautiful.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
diva221977
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gloria is super sweet and got to the hotel room right on time! She only did my mom, sisters and myself. My hair and make-up came out wonderful and were exactly what I wanted for the day of my wedding. She's very professional and will make sure you are happy with your look. Gloria loves her bridal work and takes pride in what she does! You are guaranteed to look gorgeous with Gloria! :)

• Wedding: 07/25/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am extremely happy with GloriaPelo's services. She did a fantastic job on my makeup, and it looked gorgeous while still being natural. It also lasted all night. I received tons of compliments on how I looked. She was a calming, soothing presence while I was getting ready. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist.

• Wedding: 06/09/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Makeup and hair is such a personal choice. It is something that a bride really needs to think about and do her homework on! Of all my vendors, makeup and hair was the hardest to find. So many people I contacted were unprofessional or just plain rude.

Gloria Pelo was AMAZING. She is a true professional. She takes her time and goes above and beyond what you would ever expect. She showed up bright and early on my wedding day and made all my girls look gorgeous. She is a genuinely sweet woman and if you put a little faith in her, she will make you look fantastic. Trust her! She is the expert! She gave my bridesmaids and my stepmother eyelashes! Everyone was super excited - it was not something they expected. She airbrushed our necks and shoulders and I was so worried it would rub off on my lace dress! Not at all! We looked flawless all night. Gloria took her time just before we left for the ceremony to give me a personal, touching blessing and tucked some lipgloss, blotting sheets and eyelash glue in my purse.

I highly recommend Gloria and her team.

• Wedding: 01/17/2009
3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Gloria did my make-up for both my engagement photos and wedding day. She did a fabulous job, however my e-pic make-up was supposed to be a trial of my wedding day make-up and she did two different styles. Both styles were fabulous but my wedding make-up was alittle more edgy and at first made me nervous but photographed very well. She was not very flexible but I understand that she has a lot of jobs and is sometimes unable to be as accommodating. She also seemed a little upset that my bridesmaids did not get their make-up done with her but I did not offer to pay for them and could not expect them to pay that much for make-up.

• Wedding: 11/21/2004
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

If you want professional, TV/video/camera-ready hair & makeup, Gloria Pelo is the BEST! She has a VERY busy schedule, because she is in such high demand, but if you book early enough (yes, a year in advance may be necessary) -- you won't regret it!

• Wedding: 03/20/2004
786-942-8819
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards