glen garden weddings

• Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 3 Reviews
When I first met with Bonnie and Dick I loved them and it played a big part in my decision to choose this venue. However, on my wedding day Bonnie was in a horrible mood and it showed. She lacked patience and was even gossiping about my guest with my one of my vendors who also happened to be a family friend. I felt rushed before and during the ceremony. Dick was amazing.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married at Glen Garden on 9/14/13. We had searched and searched for the right place to have our wedding. We originally wanted to have our wedding at home or a family member’s house but once we rented or purchased everything we needed to do so, we decided to look at venues instead due to the cost. When we found Glen Garden Weddings, we were thrilled. It was very home like but was meticulously decorated and took all the set up and take down worries off of our plate. It was also reasonably priced. On our wedding day, the venue looked absolutely stunning. We were blessed to have great weather in the 70’s and cooler in the evening. Any transitions of ceremony chairs to reception tables were seamless; we didn’t even see it. We were a little behind schedule most of the time and a bit dazed and confused. Dick and Bonnie helped us go through the whole day – we don’t know what we would have done without them. Some special memories and touches we had include, Bonnie helped bring my bridesmaids and I a beer from our caterer. Bonnie worked closely with our photographer to call out our guests to make sure we completed our photo list. She worked hand in hand with our photographer to get that job done. She gently reminded us of moments that we needed to do like a toast, cake cutting, etc. We felt like a king and queen all day. Everyone said that the wedding was perfect – just the right amount of people and it was beautiful. We had no complaints or issues from any of our guests. We are so thankful for all of Dick and Bonnie’s efforts and inviting us into their home for our very special day.
Wedding: 09/14/2013
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5

Private User 2 Reviews
This venue is beautiful and perfect for a small intimate wedding. We had a little miscommunication at the start but on the actual day of the event things went smoothly. The owners kept us on track and even offered some helpful suggestions on placement of flowers we provided. Everything is decorated for you and if you like country shabby chic with elegance this venue is the place for you. It is quaint and charming. Every girl wants her dream wedding and Glen Garden Provided that for me.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For a small wedding this place is a steal! Everything was so beautiful. Located in a beautiful garden, with horse pastures in the background, and the cutest old cottage for the reception. The price is excellent and Bonnie and Dick are on the ball with the wedding planning. They provide all the standard decorations (chair sashes, flowers, tables, linens. All you have to do is get dressed, and bring food and music for the reception.
Wedding: 06/23/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We felt so lucky to have found this venue! I would absolutely recommend them to friends. Bonnie and Dick are a warm and wonderful couple who help you through the process, and take much of the hassle and stress out of planning and setup. They provided all the basic decor- even little flower arrangements on the tables! The cottage and garden is just lovely. We had so many photo spots to chose from.
They have two decks, one for the ceremony, and one for dancing. They made the setup for our DJ very easy, and there's even a table on the dancing deck just for that. The lights and tiki torches lit in the evening gave everything a very special glow and feel. Many of our guests said how beautiful the place was and I can't say enough about it.
Wedding: 06/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding was PERFECT!! Everything I had hoped it would be and more...
Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing Glen Garden for the wedding ceremony and reception venue was the number one, best decision my husband and I made. So much was inclusive that it made it possible for us to have the beautiful and intimate wedding that we wanted without spending a lot of money that we wanted to save for our future together. Bonnie and Dick were fabulous to work with and they made everything so simple to do that it was one less worry. And the day of the wedding is when they really shined through. Luckily, they have a "back up plan" for when it rains. However, when it was somewhat unexpectedly raining the day of my wedding, they were so sure that the clouds would part at some point that they kept me calm and said that they'd literally keep an eye on the weather service radar and when there was a break in the rain, they'd say "go" and the ceremony would go. They knew it would be a more beautiful ceremony outside, so they remained patient and kept moving the chairs until it was "go time." At that moment, I could tell that they really care about their wedding couples and that they mean it when they say that they want each and every wedding to be as special for the couples as if the couples were their own children. Even though in the end, the rain started again and my guests were huddled next to gas lamps enjoying their reception food, they all said that it actually made the guests closer and gave everyone a better feeling of togetherness. I could never thank Bonnie and Dick enough for the memorable and wonderful wedding they helped give to us. Finally, Glen Garden had a photography option that Bonnie would do the wedding photography (NOTE: she may no longer be doing this). We were very pleased with the portfolio she showed us, so we chose to add this to our rental/venue cost. We were not disappointed!!
Wedding: 10/02/2011
Services Used: Photography, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had an intimiate cottage wedding at Glen Gardens on 12/11/10. We wanted to close out the year on a happy note and Bonnie and Dick helped us do just that! The cottage was decorated for the holidays in silver and gold and had votives throughout. The affordable fee includes Dick as the officiant, a [delicious] cake and coffee reception, and room for up to 18 guests (or 20 if you and your partner have attendants).

The week of the wedding, we added a ring-warming ceremony and paid a nominal fee so I could arrive 45 minutes earlier to change into my gown. It was absolutely magical and I highly recommend Glen Garden weddings for any couple looking to have a lovely winter wedding.
Wedding: 12/11/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter and her husband were married at Glen Garden on July 31, 2010. The wedding and reception were intimate and beautiful! What an absolutely perfect gem of a location! The proprietors, Bonnie and Dick, were amazing! They helped us coordinate the entire process, from the minister to the cake. They provided so much at such a tremendous cost savings, we were absolutely thrilled! If you are searching for an elegant, intimate, inexpensive outdoor venue, look no further!
Wedding: 07/31/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Glen Garden is a quaint and lovely venue to hold a small ceremony (under 50 guests). Bonnie and Dick are amazingly nice people. For months before the wedding, Bonnie would send email to all of the 2009 brides with tips and suggestions for your special day. They also provide things you'd normally have to rent (read: spend money) ... flowers for all of the reception tables, linens for the tables and chairs (chair covers w/ sashes), flatware, clear glass plates, a beautiful cake plate, champagne flutes, AND MORE. If you're having a wedding with a guest list of under 48 guests, this is a PERFECT ceremony and reception venue. We received so many compliments after the wedding regarding our choice of venue. The guests absolutely loved it (as did we).
Wedding: 05/02/2009
Services Used: Flowers, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good things about Bonnie and Glen Garden Weddings. My husband and I wanted a small intimate ceremony and not a lot of headaches. Bonnie had everything we needed to make our day the beautiful event it was! I will never forget our experience!!!
Wedding: 06/21/2008
 540-752-1717
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire