Gamberdella Salon for Brides

4.2
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

My experience at Gamberdella was amazing. I had been to 2 other dress shops prior and tried on 20+ dresses that were all 5 out of 10s. As I walked into Gamberdella, the atmosphere was welcoming with fire lit and Mary, the owner, greeting me warmly with her assistant, Katie, who was easy to talk to and sweet. I was able to try on dresses in a private room with my mom, sister and 2 best friends seated comfortably around me. Every dress I tried on was beautiful and I would have been happy with any of them. After trying on approximately 10 dresses, I found the one! Having been to other shops and seen so many dresses that I didn’t like, it was refreshing to visit a shop with an excellent selection of dresses of high quality that were affordable. I would highly recommend any bride to make an appointment at Gamberdella. Mary was very bridal savvy with 36+ years in the industy; the selection of dresses, including beautiful lace, was unmatched compared to other shops and the overall experience was the kind every bride deserves and would enjoy.

[Private]
2.0

I'm honestly shocked by the high reviews for Gamberdella. I was beyond disappointed by my experience. I felt so uncomfortable, rushed, and not listened to. I was in and out within 15 minutes and I felt anxious the entire time (and I am not an anxious person). When I entered, while still standing in my coat, they asked what I wanted. Maybe I shouldn't have started with, "I have a dress to beat." They said 'We'll beat it!" and as I told them what I was looking for, I felt like they weren't even listening. They ushered me into a room with my mom, sister, and grandmother and told me to put on a (previously used) robe. Then they brought in 5-6 dresses that were NOTHING like what I wanted. They asked me to step into a dress - surrounded by my family, so good thing I'm not shy. It was awful - and not even close to what I said I was looking for. I said it was a July wedding so I didn't want anything heavy. So they brought me in a bridesmaid dress that came in white and "would be perfect for the beach." The thing is - I'm not getting married on the beach. I'm just getting married in the summer. As they left to find more, I told my family I wanted to leave. I was uncomfortable and annoyed. The entire thing was so hectic. Two of the younger girls looked like they wanted to offer more help, but the woman leading the appointment (I never even got her name), was a tornado in and out of the room. Luckily, the staff came in to say they didn't have what I was looking for. Truer words were never spoken. I was so surprised by how impersonal the entire experience was. And on top of that, all the dresses looked 10 years old. I would not recommend. at all.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My parents came to visit me so that we could go wedding dress shopping. Gambradella's was the first of 6 appointments I had scheduled. After meeting Mary and telling her what I was looking for, she started putting me in dresses. Through telling her what I liked and didn't like, she lead me to the perfect dress. I had the moment, where you know you're wearing your wedding dress and immediately said yes. because of her sincere care and honesty, I canceled all of my appointments and purchased the dress on the spot. Mary was kind enough to allow me to come the next day to show my soon to be mother-in-law the dress as she was supposed to shop with us the next day. This was a wonderful experience and I am so happy I decided to schedule Gambradellas as my first, and only, appointment,

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Mary and her staff at Gamberdella went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I found the perfect dress at this shop and was always greeted with happy, professional faces upon visiting. The seamstress, Eve, does beautiful work. This is a shop where you cannot browse the dresses, so please know that before you book your visit. They do, however, have a wonderful selection and a knowledgeable staff so sit back and let them bring the dresses to you!

11/08/2014

Mary is fantastic! The company shipped my dress about a month after I had originally been told, and she was wonderful to me as I started to panic and worry about my alterations being completed in time. The alterations here are fantastic; my bustle alone had seven hooks that were hand-sewn in, and the bottom of my gown looks phenomenal. The time and attention spent to making it fit perfect will be well worth it!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The morning of my daughter, Katrina’s wedding, she tried on her beautiful, strapless gown from Gamberdella. She applied the 2 sided tape to attach her bra to the gown. This was to prevent any slippage. But she lost some weight since the last fitting and the dress was sliding. Everyone tried different ideas to keep it in place. Katrina was very uncomfortable. She was afraid that while walking down the church aisle she would have to keep tugging on it to keep it up. I called Mary, the owner of Gamberdella’s and told her what was happening. She asked what church and she said she and the seamstress, Eve, would meet us at the church. A half hour later as we pulled up to the church, Mary and Eve were there waiting for us! What a relief!! My daughter, Mary and Eve went to the Church basement. Eve quickly sewed the bra to the dress and solved the problem. I could see the tension in my daughter’s face turn to joy. Due to Mary and Eve’s efforts the ceremony started on time. Mary and Eve stayed with Katrina to arrange the dress and veil before she walked down the aisle. Katrina was able to walk down the long church aisle with beauty and confidence. We will always be thankful to Gamberdella’s Mary and Eve for saving the day that could have been disastrous. I am so happy that we didn’t go with a large bridal retailer. I don’t think the personal attention would have been the same. The gown was gorgeous. The whole process for my daughter at Gamberdella was personalized and fun. They helped her find the style dress within her budget that she wanted. Thank you Gamberdella!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Gamberdella’s performed a wedding miracle for me. I had purchased a dress at another boutique (big mistake!) and experienced an alterations nightmare (five fittings and a dress that still was too big). A death in my family caused me to be out of state and I returned to Maryland the Thursday before our wedding. My mother in law, who purchased her gown at Gamberdella’s 30 years ago, called Mary to see if she could help. Mary and her team did more than help - let me tell you.

From the moment I walked into the store all of my nerves and anxiety disappeared. I knew I was in good hands immediately. Every single person made me feel welcome, calm, and in control. The incredibly talented Eve tried to fix the dress, but we all agreed it wasn’t possible. Mary and her girls immediately went to work pulling samples for me to try on. We were obviously down to the wire, my wedding was less than 48 hours away. But the ladies at Gamberdella’s gave me the full bridal experience, listening to what I liked and didn’t and looking all over the store for something I would love. Mission accomplished. They found the PERFECT gown along with shoes, sash and veil. I can’t imagine what my wedding day would have turned out like if we hadn’t gone to Gamberdella’s. I felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Gamberdella’s. Brides to be, go to Gamberdella’s, you won’t regret it!

Recently Married

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with the ladies at Gamberdella They inquired about the style of dress I was looking for as well as gave some insight on dresses they thought would look great as well! I found the dress of my dreams and it fit absolutely perfect!!

Recently Married

I went to Gamberdella's after not finding a dress at a really busy salon elsewhere. At my appointment we were not rushed or did not feel sales pressure, but instead felt like the salesgirl listened to the things I liked and didn't and showed me things within my budget. I ended up finding my dress after trying on 2 others. When my dress arrived, it fit really well and just needed minor alterations and hemming. The seamstress did a wonderful job and was really great to work with. I would definitely recommend Gamberdella's for other brides.

0.5

My experience with Gamberdellas has been terrible. I ordered a dress for my anniversary party, which I rushed just to ensure I would have it in plenty of time. I was told I could pay a $50 rush delivery fee and the dress would be delivered within 5 weeks as opposed to the normal 8 week delivery time. When the 5 weeks passed, I contacted the shop to locate my dress, to which the owner Mary responded, "you will have a dress in time why are you worried". I explained that I paid additional money to ensure that my dress would be here in plenty of time. She essentially called me a liar, so I had to retrieve receipts and contact my sister who was there with me the day I ordered. After all that she remembered I had paid the additional fee for a rush, but then changed her story to I never told you 5 weeks. This has been a terrible experience and I would certainly not recommend this shop if you want a stress free experience.

Recently Married

I had a very positive experience at Gamerdella and would definitely recommend that those in the Baltimore make a visit, especially if they are in need of accessories and excellent service. Gamberdella really helped me when I needed to make a last minute change of dress one week before my wedding. I was extremely stressed because just bought a second dress (both dresses purchased elsewhere) and needed accessories to make the new look work. The saleswoman/seemstress India helped me find exactly what I needed and was incredibly patient and kind. Equally important, she was clearly an expert and offered me complete cohesive looks so that I could see all of my options and choose a belt, shoes and a veil that elevated my look. I needed exactly this kind of experienced eye and compassionate communication. I am so grateful that I found Gamerdella. GREAT SERVICE and beautiful pieces to choose from!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The only place my mom was willing to take me wedding dress shopping was Gamberdella, and their reputation absolutely held true for me. I loved their selection and found my perfect gown! Mary was so helpful throughout the process, and Eve is the best seamstress around! They were very flexible and even hemmed my mom's dress that was bought outside of the boutique. I highly recommend Gamberdella to anyone looking for a wonderful dress buying experience!

1+ year ago

I went to many other dress shops in the area, and ended up being very happy with Gamberdella's inventory. The staff was helpful and the alterations were beautifully done. I would work with them again!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was very very pleased with buying my wedding dress from Gamberdella's. It was the third bridal salon that I tried. They have very large, clean, pleasant private rooms to try the dresses on. The girls that work there are very professional and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed or pressured. When I bought my dress, they were very responsive every time I called to check on it. I was also very pleased with the alterations. They were very flexible in when I wanted to pick up my dress.

Anonymous
1+ year ago
2.1

I was excited to make an appointment, called the store, and the girl who answered was so unfriendly, lacked personality, and sounded as though she could care less if I came in or not. Well, I'm planning on spending some serious money so why should I waste my time going to a place that treats their customers off the bat like they could care less? First impressions last!!

Gamberdella Salon for Brides responded with the following comments:

Sorry for the seemingly lack of excitement when you called. We are always excited to meet a new bride and look forward to meeting you and changing your first impression. Please give us a call back and schedule an appointment. When you call ask for me and I will personally take care of you. Mary

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They helped a semi-clueless bride find the perfect dress on the first attempt! Loved loved loved my lazaro gown. Fittings were smooth and everything delivered on time. Would highly recommend.