Gamberdella Salon for Brides

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
[Private]

My experience at Gamberdella was amazing. I had been to 2 other dress shops prior and tried on 20+ dresses that were all 5 out of 10s. As I walked into Gamberdella, the atmosphere was welcoming with fire lit and Mary, the owner, greeting me warmly with her assistant, Katie, who was easy to talk to and sweet. I was able to try on dresses in a private room with my mom, sister and 2 best friends seated comfortably around me. Every dress I tried on was beautiful and I would have been happy with any of them. After trying on approximately 10 dresses, I found the one! Having been to other shops and seen so many dresses that I didn’t like, it was refreshing to visit a shop with an excellent selection of dresses of high quality that were affordable. I would highly recommend any bride to make an appointment at Gamberdella. Mary was very bridal savvy with 36+ years in the industy; the selection of dresses, including beautiful lace, was unmatched compared to other shops and the overall experience was the kind every bride deserves and would enjoy.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough good things about Gamberdella! A friend of mine recommended I go there because she had a friend who had a great experience with them. I got engaged in the end of December and my wedding was scheduled for the end of June. Needless to say I needed a quick turn around! I went in mid January to look for my dress, and while they told me I was a little behind most brides, they would do all they could to make sure my dress would be ready in time.

My grandmother came with me because she wanted to pay for my dress. I had some idea of what I wanted, but not totally. When they asked for my budget, my grandmother said "she has no budget" and I was terrified they would bring me the most expensive dresses they had knowing she was going to pay for it. NOT THE CASE! They simply said "ok, we will start at the low end and work our way up". The first dress they brought me was the one! I tried on others to be sure, but always went back to that dress.

They stayed in touch with me in the months after to calm my nerves about the dress arriving in time. It arrived at the end of May, and they did such a good job with my measurements, the only alterations I needed were bustles and hemming (and adding some cups in too!). Their seamstress is AMAZING!

In addition to all that, I decided I did not like the veil i originally bought in January by the time June came around. I decided on another veil and they were able to have it ordered and delivered for me last minute!

Gamberdella was so accommodating with appointments and so responsive and communicative. I could not have had a better experience, and I loved my dress so much that I am sad I only got to wear it once! Everyone commented on my dress and how perfect it was!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My parents came to visit me so that we could go wedding dress shopping. Gambradella's was the first of 6 appointments I had scheduled. After meeting Mary and telling her what I was looking for, she started putting me in dresses. Through telling her what I liked and didn't like, she lead me to the perfect dress. I had the moment, where you know you're wearing your wedding dress and immediately said yes. because of her sincere care and honesty, I canceled all of my appointments and purchased the dress on the spot. Mary was kind enough to allow me to come the next day to show my soon to be mother-in-law the dress as she was supposed to shop with us the next day. This was a wonderful experience and I am so happy I decided to schedule Gambradellas as my first, and only, appointment,

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Mary and her staff at Gamberdella went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I found the perfect dress at this shop and was always greeted with happy, professional faces upon visiting. The seamstress, Eve, does beautiful work. This is a shop where you cannot browse the dresses, so please know that before you book your visit. They do, however, have a wonderful selection and a knowledgeable staff so sit back and let them bring the dresses to you!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The morning of my daughter, Katrina’s wedding, she tried on her beautiful, strapless gown from Gamberdella. She applied the 2 sided tape to attach her bra to the gown. This was to prevent any slippage. But she lost some weight since the last fitting and the dress was sliding. Everyone tried different ideas to keep it in place. Katrina was very uncomfortable. She was afraid that while walking down the church aisle she would have to keep tugging on it to keep it up. I called Mary, the owner of Gamberdella’s and told her what was happening. She asked what church and she said she and the seamstress, Eve, would meet us at the church. A half hour later as we pulled up to the church, Mary and Eve were there waiting for us! What a relief!! My daughter, Mary and Eve went to the Church basement. Eve quickly sewed the bra to the dress and solved the problem. I could see the tension in my daughter’s face turn to joy. Due to Mary and Eve’s efforts the ceremony started on time. Mary and Eve stayed with Katrina to arrange the dress and veil before she walked down the aisle. Katrina was able to walk down the long church aisle with beauty and confidence. We will always be thankful to Gamberdella’s Mary and Eve for saving the day that could have been disastrous. I am so happy that we didn’t go with a large bridal retailer. I don’t think the personal attention would have been the same. The gown was gorgeous. The whole process for my daughter at Gamberdella was personalized and fun. They helped her find the style dress within her budget that she wanted. Thank you Gamberdella!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Gamberdella’s performed a wedding miracle for me. I had purchased a dress at another boutique (big mistake!) and experienced an alterations nightmare (five fittings and a dress that still was too big). A death in my family caused me to be out of state and I returned to Maryland the Thursday before our wedding. My mother in law, who purchased her gown at Gamberdella’s 30 years ago, called Mary to see if she could help. Mary and her team did more than help - let me tell you.

From the moment I walked into the store all of my nerves and anxiety disappeared. I knew I was in good hands immediately. Every single person made me feel welcome, calm, and in control. The incredibly talented Eve tried to fix the dress, but we all agreed it wasn’t possible. Mary and her girls immediately went to work pulling samples for me to try on. We were obviously down to the wire, my wedding was less than 48 hours away. But the ladies at Gamberdella’s gave me the full bridal experience, listening to what I liked and didn’t and looking all over the store for something I would love. Mission accomplished. They found the PERFECT gown along with shoes, sash and veil. I can’t imagine what my wedding day would have turned out like if we hadn’t gone to Gamberdella’s. I felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Gamberdella’s. Brides to be, go to Gamberdella’s, you won’t regret it!

1+ year ago

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with the ladies at Gamberdella They inquired about the style of dress I was looking for as well as gave some insight on dresses they thought would look great as well! I found the dress of my dreams and it fit absolutely perfect!!

1+ year ago

I went to Gamberdella's after not finding a dress at a really busy salon elsewhere. At my appointment we were not rushed or did not feel sales pressure, but instead felt like the salesgirl listened to the things I liked and didn't and showed me things within my budget. I ended up finding my dress after trying on 2 others. When my dress arrived, it fit really well and just needed minor alterations and hemming. The seamstress did a wonderful job and was really great to work with. I would definitely recommend Gamberdella's for other brides.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The only place my mom was willing to take me wedding dress shopping was Gamberdella, and their reputation absolutely held true for me. I loved their selection and found my perfect gown! Mary was so helpful throughout the process, and Eve is the best seamstress around! They were very flexible and even hemmed my mom's dress that was bought outside of the boutique. I highly recommend Gamberdella to anyone looking for a wonderful dress buying experience!

1+ year ago

I went to many other dress shops in the area, and ended up being very happy with Gamberdella's inventory. The staff was helpful and the alterations were beautifully done. I would work with them again!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was very very pleased with buying my wedding dress from Gamberdella's. It was the third bridal salon that I tried. They have very large, clean, pleasant private rooms to try the dresses on. The girls that work there are very professional and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed or pressured. When I bought my dress, they were very responsive every time I called to check on it. I was also very pleased with the alterations. They were very flexible in when I wanted to pick up my dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They helped a semi-clueless bride find the perfect dress on the first attempt! Loved loved loved my lazaro gown. Fittings were smooth and everything delivered on time. Would highly recommend.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Such a great bridal salon. Mary was so helpful and amazing in helping me find my perfect dress. The turn around on the fittings was so fast and their work was perfect.

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

Made an appointment here to search for gowns after driving by for years admiring the windows. I was worried the store wouldn't have many dresses in my $1500 budget. I cannot tell you how THRILLED I was at the service, selection and overall experience. Emily and Mary made my family and I feel totally at home. They pulled the perfect dresses, letting me try on different styles until we found the right ones. They were not trying to sell me or pressure me into making a decision before I was ready. The store was lovely and allowed us to have a private experience. I cannot say enough about how great it was, and after spending the afternoon in another store I would not go anywhere else again!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The staff at Gamberdella's was extremely knowledgeable. They made me feel at ease and helped to find me my perfect dress! They added straps to the dress with no problem. The setting in their small Towson Bridal Salon was much more comfortable for me than a large warehouse setting would've been. I appreciated the privacy and quietness. Yet their prices and selection were unbeatable. Thanks, Gamberdella! Your dress made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Let me just put it out there that I was not the girl who dreamed of my wedding dress.... on the contrary I had little idea of what I wanted to wear on my wedding day (other than it being white.) That's why I was so fortunate to be recommended to Gamberdella's Salon.
They really worked with me to figure out not only what would make me look beautiful, but help me feel comfortable. They would bring out a couple of dresses and would really take the time to listen to what I liked and what I didn't like about the dress. They would then bring out other dresses that better suited my taste. They also didn't try to sell me the most expensive dress, but rather sold me the dress that made me feel beautiful... And I did feel absolutely beautiful in my dress.
I did try other bridal salon's but came back to buy my dress at Gamberdellas. They made me feel completely comfortable and had the best selection of dresses.
Their tailoring was amazing as well. The dress fit me perfectly