Fusions Cuisine

Value
Flexibility
Jordan
10/25/2014

My husband and I are so happy that Fusions Cuisine catered our wedding. It was the perfect choice on many levels. Blaise and James have all their bases covered, from the amazing food to the excellent service and execution both before, during, and after the wedding. We were trying to decide how to incorporate BBQ, breakfast foods, and some vegetarian options, and Blaise and James came up with an incredible menu that our guests are still talking about (especially the BBQ).

They were very friendly and quite helpful throughout the process, answering every question and making sure we were all comfortable and happy. The morning of the wedding I even got a nice text from Blaise, which tells so much about how friendly and kind these people are.

Another thing to note, people kept telling my husband and I that we wouldn't get a chance to eat during the night. Blaise made sure this didn't happen and served us first for dinner, and even found and stood with us during cocktail hour with our favorite hors d'oeuvres and insisted that we eat. It was perfect. And we were happily full. What an amazing team.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Private User
Recently Married

I wish I could give Fusions Cuisine 10 stars all around. Fusions is an amazing caterer and all-purpose vendor. From the excellent food, professional service, to personal and responsive attention, they helped make our wedding day absolutely amazing.

Many of our guests still tell us how the food was the "best food they've ever had at a wedding"! Many others talked about they were impressed with every aspect of service. Fusions served our family style meal to all 17 tables in under FIVE minutes. The food was hot, delicious, and made everyone very very happy!

Blaise was a true pleasure from start to finish. She is knowledgeable and so very helpful with advice and suggestions. She is never pushy or judgmental. She has a good eye for set up/decor and knows how to make an event flow smoothly. Blaise is someone you can trust and know will look out for the bride and groom's interests. She knows what she's doing and will make sure she does everything she can to make your day perfect.

Again, we were so very happy with Fusions Cuisine from start to finish. We recommend them for any event without hesitation!

Emily
09/13/2014

When first reviewing caterers in the Northern Virginia area I was immediately drawn to the unique food on the Fusions Cuisine website. Then after selecting our venue and finding Fusions Cuisine listed as one of the four options for caring, I knew it was meant to be. From the first email of our proposed menu to her follow-up after the event she did not miss a single detail! I am a dietitian and was determined to serve a delicious, but healthful meal that was unlike any other wedding food I'd experienced. Wedding food is usually dry chicken, bland steak and starchy sides. Our guests could not stop talking about the great variety of appetizers (9), the incredible flavors and freshness of every dish! Blaise also offers family style service, which was perfect for our large (200 guests) country chic vineyard wedding. The staff was exceptional: My Baba (grandmother) as led for some of the Macaroni and Cheese to go...moments later a staff member was bring her a to-go box filled with Macaroni and Cheese. Other tables asked for a bottle of wine to be brought to the table and the staff brought it with extra wine glasses! A finial example of their desire to serve: when she called the Monday after the wedding to ask how the event went, I told her that my husband and I ended up getting to eat very little of our meal and so I asked Blaise if we could get our wedding meal when we come back to Virginia for the holidays and she gladly obliged! Cannot say enough about their kindness, exceptional service and incredibly unique/delicious food.

Services Used: Catering

We used Fusions for our wedding of approximately 130 at the Torpedo Factory. From the beginning we were glad we made the decision that we did. Blaise was wonderfully accomodating throughout the process and redid the proposal several times based on changes we requested. When we went to meet them for the first time we were shocked that they provided us a full meal tasting with sample of their food... they even wrapped the leftovers up for us to take home!

Once we decided to use them they recommended a family style dinner. Neither of us had ever attended a wedding with that format but our guests loved it. We used rectangular tables and it really gave people a chance to mingle over dinner. My parents came with us to the tasting and enjoyed the entire experience. Jim, the chef, sat down with us and explained exactly what was in each appetizer/dish and how it might be different during the wedding since he uses the freshest veggies he can find. Additionally Blaise has excellent taste and I used many of her suggestions for linens, layout, etc and had no regrets.

During the wedding Blaise was great about helping keep everyone on time. A friend of mine helped out the day of since we didn't have a coordinator and between her and Blaise there were no problems. Anyone who has a wedding at the Torpedo Factory will find out they have a very short time frame from closing until the wedding starts to set up and they were very efficent.

People have gone out of their way to let us know how much the enjoyed the food, I would definitely recommend Fusions to anyone looking to host a wedding. Especially at the Torpedo Factory.

Services Used: Catering

Could not have asked for a better experience with a caterer. After saying "yes," picking Fusions was the best decision we made for our wedding.

The food was amazing. AMAZING. I keep running into guests who tell us they are trying to recreate dishes from the menu because they loved it so much.

Jim and Blaise are unbelievably sweet, professional and easy to work with. They worked with us every step of the way and were the cool head / guiding hand we needed to create the perfect vision for our wedding.

My stress level was almost zero for the wedding, mostly because every time I had a concern, Blaise was able to LISTEN, figure out how to resolve the concern and implement it seamlessly into our plans for they day.

Fusions knows what they are doing and are fantastic at it. They were full of creative, wonderful ideas, they listened to what we wanted and they figured out a beautiful and delicious way to make it work. No surprises, no stress. We worked together to visualize the ideal wedding and Blaise and Jim made it happen. We had so much fun with them and I had no worries once the wedding day rolled around. I knew I could trust them to make sure everything went smoothly (and I was right).

As far as details, food was delicious, Jim and Blaise were very accommodating to our tastes, budget and DIY ideas, they were happy to advise us with any questions or changes we had in mind, they even worked with us to figure out whether we needed a day of coordinator or a signature cocktail less than a week before the wedding. Responses were prompt and very helpful. I truly felt like they cared about our wedding. I didn’t get responses like “refresh my memory again, were you the wedding on xyz date?” The wedding was a giant juggling act and I have no idea how but Jim and Blaise kept the entire thing going the whole time without dropping a ball.

All I can emphasize is how easy Fusions was to work with and how delicious, beautiful and professional it all turned out. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Catering

We had a wonderful experience with Fusions. The food was great of course (quote from friend, "the best food I've ever had at a wedding"), and very unique. They did a great job balancing our varied tastes and backgrounds (there was Korean, Peruvian, Italian, & American food). Blaise was very helpful and organized throughout the whole process. Jim is a great chef who is great to chat with. Bernadette did a great job at the reception, and the service was fantastic! I got quite a few compliments on how great and friendly the servers were (loved being served by Jimmy!). Overall great experience with Fusions!

Services Used: Catering

Fusions Cuisine did an amazing job at our cocktail hour and reception! The food was perfect. My husband and I come from different ethnic backgrounds, (Vietnamese and red meat eating midwesterners..... And I have a family of 'foodies') and we wanted a reception dinner that combined our cultures, and not a typically boring reception meal. Fusions knocked it out of the park! The food was delicious, the lemongrass steak was so tender it melted like butter in your mouth, and the miso glazed salmon was perfect. Blaise and James were a pleasure to work with and provided exactly what we were hoping for, the food was authentically amazing. We received many many compliments from our guests, not only about the food, but also the excellent service. The Fusions staff were all friendly,
positive and happy. I interacted with Jim the most , he was so kind and helpful.
We highly recommend Fusions Cuisine for their food AND the service.

Services Used: Catering

Fusions Cuisine was fabulous. We had a personalized menu for our wedding day, and we couldn't ask for better service. The on-site tasting with had with them months before our wedding was so good, and they were very happy to accommodate us and our parents. The food during cocktail hour and reception were amazing, and we received so many compliments about how wonderful everything tasted. During the wedding, they were so efficient, and we kept to our schedule very well, which was very important to me. By far, the food was one of my most favorite parts of the wedding.

Services Used: Catering

Blaise and Jim were such a pleasure to work with during my wedding. They strive to produce great food and it definitely shows. Fusions Cuisine was able to create that home-cooked style I was looking for when I was searching for my caterer. Their food doesn't taste mass-produced and everything was done in the utmost professional fashion. Blaise was also instrumental in helping me work with a more challenging venue. We chose to have a 2 floor reception which would have made most caterers grumpy, but Blaise helped the wedding move wonderfully. Blaise was also concerned about my unusually long reception: 8 hours, but she ran with it and made the entire thing work with our budget. The waitstaff was also the best I have ever seen at a wedding. They made sure the entire venue was spotless the whole night and that the guests were comfortable. The proof is in the pudding though: my wedding guests are still raving about the food even weeks after our wedding. Thank you so much, Fusions!

Services Used: Catering

Blaise & Jim were wonderful to work with! Blaise was amazingly helpful in planning and organizing our wedding day. She had lots of ideas that helped make our day a success. Jim is an outstanding chef and everyone raved about their dinner. He is very creative and the cuisine was outstanding. The staff was friendly, helpful and a delight to have with us for the day. You will not find a better caterer!

Services Used: Catering

Fusions Cuisine provided the catering for my daughter's wedding. The bride and groom live in Australia so as MOB, I ended up with most of the wedding planning. We did not use a wedding planner as I was comfortable with the vendors being able to provide what they promised--and they did! Fusions was selected as a recommendation through the venue's website. Once I looked at their beautiful selection of foods, it was love at first sight. We met with Jim and Blaise for a tasting and we didn't want to leave--the food was wonderful and they are a delightful energetic couple. We explained our problems--no nuts or soy products--and they came up with a menu eliminating these items. The preliminary meetings were easy and Blaise was very helpful in helping my daughter select table coverings, etc. Blaise was always responsive to my emails and questions and I had no problems. The day of the "outside" wedding, it of course rained. Balise and Jim were not at the wedding but the very competent Richard took over. He was fabulous and many people commented on what a great job he and the staff did especially with the adverse weather conditions. They made it so easy, we didn't even notice the rain. Many people commented on the wonderful food--quite unusual for most weddings where the food tends to be institutional. Not the case with Jim's food! Everything was presented beautifully and efficiently. I would hire Fusions Cuisine again and definitely would recommend them to anyone planning an event where a caterer is needed!!! Thank you to Jim, Blaise and Richard for an outstanding event.

Services Used: Catering

Fusions Cuisine was above and beyond what we could ever hope for in a catering company. The food was absolutely phenomenal...we are still getting rave reviews and compliments for having the best wedding food anyone had ever eaten. We had specific foods we were looking for to have at our reception and Jim was able to put together an amazing menu for us that had everything we wanted and more. Jim and Blaise were so easy to work with and were so helpful. The staff that accompanied Fusions at our reception were amazing. Everyone was so professional, polite, friendly, patient, helpful. Every single member of the waitstaff and the bartenders were absolutely fantastic.

I would recommend Fusions to anyone. The value, the service, the food...it is all amazing. I cannot say enough good things about Fusions Cuisine. They definitely made our wedding perfect and there was not one hungry guest after our wedding!

Services Used: Catering

Fusions made our wedding dreams come true. Not only are our guests STILL raving about how incredible the food at our wedding was, but I was blown away that they came in under our [low] budget while still providing top quality, unique, and delicious food. My husband and I have distinguished taste pallets, and Jim was so creative in the menu offerings, careful to make every dish special and memorable- exactly what we wanted. As the bride, I was completely confident and at ease that if anything went wrong on the day-of, Blaise would handle it with elegance and professionalism so that nobody would even notice. The service we received from the catering staff was absolutely perfect. Fusions made the difference between a good wedding and a perfect wedding. We will never consider any other caterer for a special event.

Services Used: Catering

I would recommend Fusions Cuisine to all of my friends (and hope that I'm invited to the wedding)!

I checked out a number of catering companies including the more well-known ones in the area. When I first met Blaise and Jim, I knew immediately that I had found my caterer. They are extremely personable and have a vast amount of experience which was comforting to me. And best of all, Jim's dishes are unique (not your typical boring pasta dishes) and amazingly delectable! When comparing cost per head, Fusions Cuisine came in on par or slightly less than the others.

Having memorable food was my husband's only "ask" so I was so excited for him to meet Blaise and Jim. My husband brewed all of the beer for the wedding and brought some along to the tasting. During cocktail hour, we had a number of appetizers perfect for the summer weather (soba noodles, scallop watermelon ceviche, etc.). For dinner, we started with roasted duck and shrimp summer rolls followed by one of the following: Hoisin Glazed Angus Beef Tenderloin, Miso Glazed Atlantic Salmon, or Five Spice Infused Root Vegetable Gratin (all of it was so amazing that we had to have one of each at the sweetheart table!). The Vegetable Gratin was the most memorable in my opinion (and I usually shy away from the veggie dishes). Everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding and I couldn't have been happier. Thanks again Blaise and Jim!

Services Used: Catering

Fusions is the best "bang for your buck" here in the DC area. When we first met with them for our tasting, we fell in love not only with their unique food and amazing tastes, but also with the owners of the company, Jim and Blaise. They are so relaxed and easy to work with, and present such an amazing product at the end of the day. You end up wanting to just hang out with them! Our guests were absolutely floored with the food, particularly the passed appetizers during cocktail hour. The unique presentations and combinations of flavors blew everyone away, and gave that high class taste that we were looking for at an incredibly reasonable budget. I can't imagine that any other caterer in the DC area can offer the assortment of unique tastes combined with the incredible people.

Services Used: Catering

Blaise and Jim of Fusions Cuisine are wonderful at what they do. Blaise is warm and caring and on point with business side of catering. She is timely and professional with quotes and pricing and will work with you to help you get what you want and within budget. Jim is creative with his food and not only does it look good is also tasty. They are flexible and kind and I would recommend them to anyone.