Franklin Plaza Ballroom

Value
Flexibility
Private User
1+ year ago

Best wedding venue in the area, hands down. I planned my wedding from DC and picked Franklin Plaza for three reasons: 1. It's gorgeous, 2. They are so professional and know exactly what they're doing. It is a well-oiled machine. And 3. Reviews like this. Reviews are huge, and I relied on them a lot planning my wedding long distance. I can tell you that FP lived up to all the reviews and then some. By the time I got to the week before the wedding and I was delivering all my placecards, etc. I was a complete nervous wreck with the planning and the staff put me at ease. When I booked the venue, they called the hotel across the street (same management) and automatically put rooms aside for me in a room block. They handled everything perfectly and all our guests kept commenting on how lovely a time they had, how they were so happy to be at a wedding where you can actually get a drink because the bars were fully staffed, and the food was amazing, and there was a ton of it. My husband and I had our own personal staff member who attended to our every need and even made sure we ate our dinner. I can't say enough good things. This place is the best kept secret in the Capital Region.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

In addition to the quality of ALL aspects of the reception what really impressed me was how they still individualized my daughters wedding to make it reflect her and her husbands style.
Make an appointment to go , see , talk to Joe . Very well worth it ! Instead of pre wedding stress we had pre wedding fun while planning such an important day for us and our guests.
Best of luck to all future couples...have it start at FP!
Sincerely,Diane

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Franklin Plaza ballroom first off is beautiful! Secondly they make wedding planning a breeze, they do everything! So many of my guests either the night of or since have told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to, the food is absolutely amazing and abundant if you leave a wedding at the Franklin plaza hungry it's your own fault. From 1 1/2 cocktails with so much food to dinner dessert and then a finale in the last hour they feed you all over again-we did a slider station with root beer. I can not say enough great things about the plaza! The quality is very high end and the price is very reasonable and they give you such great tips on where to place your money given the budget you want to stay in.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

OMG I cannot say enough good things about Franklin Plaza. The amount of food served is overwhelming, you wont ever have to wonder if you got to try all of the passed appetizers. There were so many people serving and making things run so perfectly. Joe really did a great job with the planning. We had Dom as our head minion, he was awesome. If i wanted a drink or food, he was gone and back in seconds with it!... They even went and got someone in the wedding party tampons! The night could not have gone any better. It was amazing, and i would recommend Franklin Plaza Ballroom to anyone. It may look like its a very expensive place, but compared with the surrounding venues, its really on the lower end of price, and it isnt compromised in the service, food, or venue itself. They put on a great showing. We had many guests say it was the best wedding EVER!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I are so happy with our decision to choose Franklin Plaza for our ceremony and reception. We had looked at most of the popular venues in the area before visiting Franklin Plaza. From the minute we both walked in we knew this was the place for us. It has such a unique set-up and is definitely not the typical ballroom reception hall. The price is also much better than many of the other venues in the area, especially given the amount that is included in the price.

During the planning process Joe was great to work with. He was consistently suggesting ways to help us save money and was always willing to offer his opinion on what has and hasn't worked for brides in the past. He also helped us select a great menu given his experience.

Before our wedding day we had heard a lot of positive things from others about the venue and based on our experience leading up to the wedding we knew it was going to be great. However, even given our expectations we were absolutely blown away by the service and quality of everything that day. From the minute we walked in the door before our ceremony all the staff at Franklin Plaza made sure we were taken care of. The GM for the night, Dom and our head waiter Ben treated us like royalty all night. Constantly checking in with us to make sure everything was going well and checking to see if we needed anything.

Our guests are still saying how great the food was and commenting on the quantity of food. We also had many guests comment on how well run the whole event saying not one detail was missed.

We would definitely recommend Franklin Plaza to anyone looking for a wedding venue!!

Private User
1+ year ago

We loved having our wedding at Franklin Plaza! They accommodated everything we wanted for our wedding and worked with us to stay within out budget. The food and service the night of the wedding was excellent. We received many compliments from guests telling us how great the wedding was and how classy they thought Franklin Plaza was. I would highly recommend to others who are looking for a wedding venue in the Albany area.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was AMAZING in every single way!!! The service is incredible!!! The food was simply AMAZING!!! The venue was breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL!!!! We were just floored!!! I couldn't be happier!!! Joe is a dream to work with- the mastermind wedding coordinator!!! Our head waiter Dom catered to just us all night and anticipated what we needed before we even knew!!! They took such great care of us and our guests!!!! This venue is truly AMAZING!!! I can't begin to list all of the ways that this place is the PERFECT wedding venue but if you get nothing else from this review, just know that EVERY SINGLE wedding guest told us it was the greatest wedding they'd ever been too!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joe, Deanna, Dominic and the whole staff of the Franklin were amazing! We got married on a Wednesday with a party of only about 60. Deanna was able to answer all of our small non critical questions and set up all of our meetings with Joe. On the day of the wedding everything looked amazing! Joe was so great in helping me keep my surprise veil a secret from my mom. the whole ceremony was beautiful in the board room and went off without a hitch:). I couldn't believe how intimate the reception rooms looked downstairs considering how large they are. Dominic and the entire staff were very attentive to us and the guests. The food was amazing, our friends and family couldn't stop talking about it. I cant imagine getting married anywhere else, because of everyone at the franklin it was a stress free day we will remember forever.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They provided the most amazing service throughout the entire night. The food was amazing as well!!!!!!

Anonymous
02/09/2013

Absolutely beautiful venue and the entire staff was so great to us and all of our guests. A HUGE thank you to our head waiter Dom who took unbelievable care of us all night, as the bride and groom we truly had nothing to worry about and were able to have the most amazing time. Joe was also a tremendous help organizing our event and was there to provide advice and support while respecting out decisions along the way. Our guests continue to rave to us about how this was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Stephanie
11/23/2012

Just fabulous!! The staff leading up to the wedding was fabulous and made you feel so confident about having your wedding there, then the day comes and the staff that evening blew your mind!! They are soooo amazing! I couldnt believe that the service got even better than all the consultations we had prior to the big day! Dom was our head waiter, and his service couldn't improve, he has it down and makes you feel so wonderful! Love the Franklin and their staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you so much to Joe, Greg, Dominic and the entire Franklin Team! Our day was Simply AMAZING! There is not a thing that I would change! Everyone at the Franklin Plaza was wonderful! We have had nothing but compliments on the food, venue and service. We couldn't be more thankful for making our day so special! I highly recommend having your reception with the Franklin Team!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Franklin Plaza Ballroom was not where I imagined getting married, however now, I couldn't imagine being married elsewhere. Our ceremony and reception of 210 guests took place here and it was absolutely positively gorgeous. The entire place was perfect, so was each staff member that worked our wedding. So kind and attentive to all of the guests needs, especially our personal waiter, who never let us out of his sight or even let our drinks get low . We met with Joey each and every meeting we had, he was very accommodating and informative. He never tried to swindle us or cut corners, he was very attentive and understanding regarding our budget. I thanked him for that every time.

The cocktail hour & half took place upstairs in a beautiful bar area and the food was plentiful. Not only was there an overwhelming (yet AMAZING) amount of food but the cocktail hour area was visually appetizing. Dinner was amazing and nothing short of being perfect. The turn around time was unbelievable 210 guests all eating at the same time! The up-lighting set the tone/mood for dancing and fun! The Franklin Plaza Ballroom was wonderful place to get married and an even better place to party! We would suggest this venue to any bride or groom looking for a great deal and place!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I cannot say enough good things about Franklin Plaza Ballroom. First of all I picked this venue because the I REFUSED to get married in a stuffy, cliche, old fashioned 'wedding reception hall' like most places out there.
This place is unique, has history, and has so much charm. It used to be a bank back in the 1800's and I love that there are still elements of the bank visible inside today (the vault, the bar area, etc).

They have packages for many different budget levels. One thing that may turn some people off is that you have to pay for a minimum of 180 people. If you don't meet the 180 person minimum the remaining money that you paid goes towards extras (yay!). But regardless, some people may KNOW they are only going to have 100 people so that may not work in their favor.

The coordinators and managers there (Joe, Greg) are very supportive and helpful, especially when you're a frazzled bride. They were easy for me to get in touch with throughout my planning and very helpful. They also seemed genuinely concerned and kept reassuring me that they really wanted me to be happy with everything and give us the BEST value for our money. And they truly did.

The day of my wedding was a DREAM. It was magical. The venue looked amazing, the food was amazing, and we had a head waiter dedicated to the bridal party only who was there at our beckon call for ANYTHING we needed. I have received ENDLESS compliments, and everyone who sees my pictures says 'WHERE did you get married!!" DEFINITELY check this place out!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Staff is great to work with and the food is out of this world

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good about Franklin Plaza. Everything was taken care of and I did not have to worry about a single thing throughout the day. Once we arrived at Franklin Plaza, the head waiter took such care of us, staying out of the way, but always there to attend to our every need, even as we were taking photos in the alley out back. We didn't even have to check into the hotel across the street, and when we arrived, there were pizzas behind the desk for a late night snack and EVERYTHING from the wedding was transported and placed in our room. I wish I could go through it all again, and I would not change a THING about my experience with Franklin Plaza, not to mention how beautiful the space was. They also offered tremendous advice and suggestions throughout the entire process - we took full advantage of their expertise. I am still amazed, 4 months later, at how much more perfect the day was than I could have ever anticipated.