Fourth Wish

Fourth Wish

Jazz for cocktail and dinner hours: Adding class to any occasion from $200

Dexter, MI 48130 | map
Agency or Band: Band
Band size: Small (1-3 musicians)
Genres: Jazz

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jon was flexible and always responding quickly. He helped make sure everything was in order for my wedding. He didnt talk much, but he kept the dance floor full the whole night. Everyone really like the music selection.

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jon and Brian were great!!!! Every Bride fears the worst and worries about everything on the big day and Jon really put the ease on everything for me. Everything fell together perfect! The lighting they supplied around the reception hall was beautiful and really set the scene. Lights even matched all my colors.
The price couldn't be beat and the quality was great. Only suggestion to brides is to give a list of music a head of time with "old school" songs DJ's wouldn't normally play if you want them.

• Wedding: 09/17/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was wary of hiring a DJ company that manages lots of people and sends or "matches" you with one of their pile of potential contractors who you may or may not have really had the chance to communicate with well prior to the event - so I searched for an independent DJ for my wedding. After searching through a few options, I hired Jon (Jambalaya Sound & Light) to play the recorded music during my outdoor ceremony, DJ the reception, and to play with his quartet (Fourth Wish) during parts of the reception like the cocktail and dinner hours. He did a fantastic job with all of the parts of our big day. We really liked the option of having a talented group of live musicians combined with DJing and recorded music, which is an option (that I would highly suggest!) which Jon can provide.

Jon's responsiveness is unbeatable. Every time I sent him an email, I had a reply within an hour, usually much less than that actually, which is pretty impressive. He was always helpful and agreeable and had many great suggestions, too. We liked Jon from the moment we met him, due to his pleasant disposition and clear professionalism. He came to my rehearsal at no extra charge to ensure we were happy with all the plans and details, and at the reception played a great combination of songs based upon the info we gave him about our preferences. I'd told my father that we really liked our DJ prior to the wedding day, and afterward his comment was, "I can see why!"

Jon's rates are also a very good deal. I'd looked into a few other people who worked individually rather than with the multi-DJ companies, and Jon's rates were lower than the other 3 I investigated... and the others didn't even include live music! I'm not sure how they could have possibly been worth the extra few hundred dollars for recorded-only music considering everything about service I got from Jambalaya was spot-on. Even though we did not use his light equipment (since we had a daytime reception and did not think people would dance as much and we had an older crowd), he still had an assistant with him throughout the day to help ensure everything went well, too, so his prices also included an additional person to help out.

Additionally, Jon had 2 set-ups for his equipment so he could seamlessly move from playing music outdoors to indoors without a gap in continuity or having to use a walkie-talkie to coordinate the outdoor music with what was going on during the ceremony (which is the way some of the others I interviewed managed outdoor ceremonies... and sounded kind of iffy to me).

Fourth Wish responded with the following comments:

What a wonderful review! Thanks so much. :)

Just to be clear--regarding the opening sentences of this review--we're an independent DJ operation. We _never_ farm out weddings to other DJs. Jon is the DJ, Brian runs the light show, we're a partnership. You'll deal with us throughout, which is one of our strengths.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jon was the most gracious & understanding DJ/MC anyone could ask for on their wedding day. I didn't have any worries due to the excellent communication we shared leading up to the wedding. I found him on wedding wire thru the vendor match up program and he earned bonus points right away by honoring my wishes to not have vendors call me. Even tho I specifically stated this on my request I had about 3 DJs call me the next day & that was so irritating! I answered the calls because I was getting a lot of wedding related calls that I needed to take, and wasting time with these ppl who were quoting me way over my stated budget was a time waster & made me mad.

Jon and his partner were both very professional & not cheesy/corny like others I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing at past weddings. I want to thank them for being so accommodating with our schedule changes in the timing of songs as inevitably things changed once the reception was underway. As our wedding was on Halloween Jon and his partner wore vampire capes which I thought added a lot to the festivities, and he compiled a great list of the Halloween songs I requested to be played. They also had a huge list of songs for guests to request which my guests had a lot of fun with. For the price we paid for his services the service and professionalism we received is unheard of! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jambalaya Sound and Light for any event you need a DJ for, you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 10/31/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jon and Brian from Jambalaya Sound are fantastic! They followed all our requests, but even more so, they read the crowd well, kept the dance packed all night long, and played a variety of music (especially for the country music loving bride and groom). We've had so many people say how much fun they had at our wedding. That alone would be reason enough to have them again, but their customer service was top notch and their price couldn't be beat as well. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Wedding: 10/02/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent Job. Very responsive and helpful. We would highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 07/25/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would absolutely recommend this company for weddings. I was very demanding and they worked with me wonderfully. Our guests complimented us throughout the night and weeks after on how great our DJ was. They really listened to what I had to say and followed through beautifully. As we all know, music is what makes or breaks a wedding and I got to say.....I was soooooooooooo pleased with their performance! Great job and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

• Wedding: 07/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Jon and his jazz quartet, Fourth Wish, to play for the first part of the evening during our wedding reception and had Jon's DJ service, Jambalaya Sound & Light, play for the rest of the night. Jon was very flexible and played many of the songs we had on our playlist and also was accommodating for guests who wanted to hear something specific. The band and DJ were just the right combination for a very memorable event and we received a lot of positive feedback on the music from our guests as well!

• Wedding: 08/23/2008
Services Used: Band, DJ
734-276-1710
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards