Forget-Me-Not Cakes

Forget-Me-Not Cakes

Baking sweet memories . . . from scratch, by hand, with love

1435 North McDowell Blvd.
(by appointment)
Petaluma, CA 94954 | map
Desserts: Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Tast...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic
(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING CAKE! We had a two-tier blackberry and lemon cake at our wedding that was beyond delicious! Our guests were raving about the cake all night. You could tell it was top quality ingredients, so delicious and refreshing! Amazing value for great cake and even better service.

Forget-Me-Not Cakes responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jill! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your cake :)

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Jill
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sally Ann did a amazing job with our wedding cake, her attention to detail is incredible. She helped make our vision come alive. Not only did the cake look beautiful, it tasted amazing as well, her fruit fillings are so delicious and refreshing.
Sally Ann is also very quick to respond to every question I have, and was a pleasure to work with.

Forget-Me-Not Cakes responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Danielle! It was a pleasure working with you. Looking forward to seeing you again next year, when you come back for your complimentary "top tier" anniversary cake!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We tried lots of cake and hers was simply the best. Her flavors are AMAZING and our wedding cake was beautiful. We had 3 different flavors of cake - pistachio, spiced pumpkin pecan with toffee buttercream, and apple pie cake. All were so delicious. We had guests insisting on eating multiple slices of cake. We even brought the leftovers home by plane because her cakes are that good and we wanted to eat more of it- now, not a year after the wedding.

Working with Sally Ann was great. She has a much broader range of flavors than most others do and her flavors and her cake taste really great and have a wonderful consistency. She worked with us to figure out what type of design I would like the most and the finished product was just what I had envisioned (but better). Thanks so much!! Can't wait to come back for more.

Forget-Me-Not Cakes responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind review, Portia! It was such a pleasure to work with you toward your unique vision :)

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Flawless and delicious cakes make brides very happy. Sally at Forget-Me-Not Cakes delivered on our wedding cake dream. 3 Tiers, each a different flavor, covered in white fondant and inscribed 'Live Laugh Love', the words we use to measure our life. The sugar Calla Lillies looked so real we expected then to wilt in the heat of the day.

The cake was delivered on time and staged perfectly and was devoured on time by the wedding party and guests.

Loved the cake: Pistachio (layer 3), Carrot-Ginger-Orange (layer 2) and White-Cake-w-Fresh Strawberries (base layer) incredible.

Forget-Me-Not Cakes responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! It was a pleasure to work with you both, and we're glad you and your guests enjoyed your cake! See you next year when you come to pick up your anniversary cake :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Sherry Warburton
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Forget Me Not Cakes provided the wedding cake for my daughter's recent wedding. The cake was beautiful and each of the three flavors was delicious. The cake was fresh and the guests all raved about the cake. One friend even ate four pieces at the wedding! Sally Ann is truly a delight to work with. She is helpful, accommodating, polite, very professional and so gracious. Three cheers for Sally Ann. I would unconditionally recommend her and her cake to anyone who wants a special and delicious dessert prepared by a lovely woman.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sally Ann was a pleasure to work with and we LOVED our wedding cake for our May wedding. She is such a sweet, well-mannered woman and our cake tasting was such a highlight of the wedding planning process. It was hard to narrow down to select our 3 flavors- they are all so delicious! We were very pleased with our wedding cake and can't wait for our complimentary 1 year anniversary cake!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sally Ann was incredible to work with from start to finish. She took great care at the tasting to understand exactly what our wishes were. All of her cakes were delicious, and the hardest part was deciding which to choose! She was completely professional throughout the planning process and responded quickly to all of my questions and requests.

On the day of the wedding, delivery was on time with no issues - and she worked perfectly with our florist, who was providing flowers for the cake. The cake turned out exactly as we wanted it, and the guests raved about how beautiful and delicious it was. I would work with Sally Ann and Forget-Me-Not Cakes anytime!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SallyAnn was such a pleasure to work with. She provided great input for the design of the cake while still listening to what we wanted the idea and look of the cake to be. Plus it was DELICIOUS! On top of that, I am a gluten sensitive bride so part of the cake was gluten-free and it was just as delicious as the rest of the cake!! To top it all off (pun intended) SallyAnn created AMAZING sugar flowers (sweetpeas) for the wedding cake topper. They looked incredibly real, I was blown away by her level of craftsmanship! What a wonderful company to work with, I am so grateful for the beautiful and delicious cake we had at our wedding!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
Megan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sally Ann is AMAZING! Our cake was gorgeous and delicious, and all of our guests loved it! So many people came up to me throughout the night and the next day to tell me how yummy our cake was. Sally Ann was a pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you so much Sally Ann!!

From the minute we stepped into her shop, we knew right away we were in good hands with Sally Ann. From the planning to the set-up, she was beyond helpful and willing to work with us to get our dessert buffet just right. There are so many options when it comes to cakes but Sally Ann laid every option out for us and at a great price too. I discovered when planning a wedding the helpfulness of vendors is key- this is their business they do all the time and chances are this is your first time. I found that Sally Ann was exactly what I needed in a vendor- she guided us with how much to order and what to order. I never had to really guess at what we were doing, and she was always willing to review and revise the contract until it was just right.

But onto the GOODIES- oh my!! The cakes were delicious and blew me away, which was hard to do since this was our third (and final) tasting of the weekend. I still remembering tasting all the different frostings and curd fillings, and how difficult it was to choose just one. Her profiteroles and mini pies just melted in your mouth. If you are a cake and dessert lover like I am, you will not be disappointed.

When the big day arrived, the cake was exactly what we wanted, and the presentation of the buffet was amazing!! Everything tasted great and we received so many compliments. People loved choosing their own desserts, and while most items were gone by the end of the night, it was great having a few leftover cookies and mini pies to enjoy during the weekend festivities.

If I ever had another big event in Norther California, Forget-Me-Not Cakes will definitely be there!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our Wedding cake was absolutely perfect! Not only did it look exactly how we wanted, it tasted INCREDIBLE!!! The next day we couldn't resist and had the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (which was our top tier) for breakfast. I wish I could get married every year just to have another wedding cake from Forget-me-Not Cakes!!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Nathalie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with forget me not cakes was one of the best wedding decisions I made! First- the tasting was delicious and we were literally offered everything to try- go hungry! Once we signed our contract, Sally Ann was a delight to work with. I edited quantities and dessert choices about 4 times and every time she was patient with me and very kind- always willing to work with me so I got exactly what I wanted. On the day of our wedding, our cake was beautiful (exactly what I wanted!) and delicious. We also had small miniature pies and chocolate covered strawberries- everything was a hit!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were able to sit down with her and taste wonderful cakes and fillings to help make our selection. A wide variety of pictures helped us design the image we wanted in our price range.

• Wedding: 08/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved Sally Ann and her cakes were delicious! The tasting was a lot of fun and she allowed you to really customize it to make sure you got to taste what you were interested in. She even ran into the back kitchen to bring out an extra frosting that she thought we might like. These cakes were a huge hit with the guests - some told us they were the best cakes they ever had! She also nailed the textured frosting that we had requested, and the flowers were arranged beautifully. All for what I thought was a very reasonable price.

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sally Ann was the sweetest vendor I met while searching for a wedding cake vendor. She was very responsive to my unusual request for cake flavor and did her best to mimic home made strawberry shortcake. The cake was so beautiful and even more delicious. We received a lot of compliments on how good the cake tasted! She was willing to drive some distance to our reception location without charging us an arm and a leg. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 07/30/2012
Elissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the best chocolate cake that I never had.

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Pengyang
707-364-3497
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards