Forget-Me-Not Events
Because the planning details matter
P.O. Box 4333

• Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Jane and team were great to work with for our event. She asked the questions that I didn't yet think about, but needed to , which helped the event run smoothly.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  3.5

Rebecca 1 Reviews
Our wedding was very DIY and going into it I thought I could organize everything myself. After meeting with Jane I realized just how many things I had completely overlooked and would never have thought of on my own. We met just once prior to the wedding and I left feeling confident I now knew exactly what needed to be done. Because of this and Jane's communication before the day of, I was able to go into our wedding day stress-free. Thank you for helping to make our day perfect!
Forget-Me-Not Events responded with the following comments:
It was my pleasure!
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Jane Wilcox at Forget-Me-Not Events helped coordinate our wedding. She was very helpful during the entire process - making sure we didn't forget any small details in advance so that we wouldn't be scrambling on the day. She met with us in advance to get a feel for what we wanted in our wedding ceremony and reception. She contacted our vendors the week before the wedding to make sure everything was all set. For the wedding day itself, she was very, very helpful. She and her assistant dealt with every vendor and helped coordinate the flow of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. My husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing! I had such a positive experience working with her and would recommend her to anyone looking for some help planning or coordinating a wedding or other event.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Private User 1 Reviews
Jane Wilcox is the perfect event planner. We threw a lot of special details at her--like food allergies, handicap accessibility, and virtually no parking at the wedding site--and she handled it all with total professionalism and grace. She dealt with the vendors and took care of countless details, and several of the vendors told us what a pleasure it was to work with her. She listened to our very specific vision of what we wanted, and totally respected us. And when we weren't sure what we wanted, she gave us great suggestions. We had the most beautiful wedding ever, and we were able to relax and leave everything to her. Jane made it happen for us.
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Genevieve 1 Reviews
Jane Wilcox has mastered the skill of event planning! She is highly detailed-oriented and manages all vendors with professionalism and a smile. There was never a moment I had to doubt her! Thank you Jane!

XO,
Genevieve and John Deely
Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We had a day of wedding coordinator only. Jane was easy to work with and offered simple solutions to wedding related questions. She worked well with our vendors to coordinate our fun, stress free wedding.
Forget-Me-Not Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your review. I value your comments and would appreciate knowing if there was anything that we could have done differently on your wedding day. Congratulations again!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Jane was wonderful at planning everything to a T so that the day of we were not running around. She remembered a handful of things we did not to help plan our day-of schedule.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was at The Ashokan Center, a music, arts and education retreat that has recently started hosting weddings. Jane’s services were included in the contract. It had not occurred to us to hire a day-of coordinator, because we like to do things ourselves, had a year and a half to plan, and were on a budget. After experiencing what a tremendous help she was, we wholeheartedly recommend having an experienced day-of coordinator, like Jane, and can’t believe we considered doing it any other way.

Jane was wonderful. After all the planning and organizing that comes with a DIY wedding, it was a great relief on the wedding day to have someone as professional as Jane at the helm.

Although we only used her day-of services, the initial e-mails, phone conversation and meeting really helped to keep us on track during the planning. In talking to her weeks before the wedding, we were pretty organized, but she brought up so many things we would have otherwise missed. While we were juggling a multitude of details, she helped us to focus on the few that would have the biggest impact on our guests’ enjoyment and comfort. She was instrumental in designing the best layout for our reception / dinner and she made sure that everything ran smoothly without being intrusive.

Because Jane was there, we could relax and have fun at our wedding rather than worry about the timing of everything, coordinating with vendors or rounding up guests. It was especially helpful to have her there because our venue was unconventional. Before and during the wedding day she helped us trouble shoot many things that were unique to our location (like power supply, weather considerations and buffet style catering).

The entire event went off without a hitch, in large part due to Jane’s efforts. Her presence made the entire day easier and more enjoyable.
Wedding: 06/09/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jane was our day of wedding planner. She helped us more than day of by coming in the day before to go through rehearsal and through our list of needs for the day of (decor setup, tent setup, arrival of guests). It was raining cats and dogs the day before our wedding and Jane was cool, calm and collected. She kept me very calm and helped me with back up plans if the rain and continued. She was also nice enough to reschedule our rehearsal of the ceremony for the next morning free of charge. Having an extra person there for the day of is key for a wedding especially when planning on your own. Jane and her assistant were well worth the cost (priced well for the area, I approached a few planners). Everything was watched over by her and her assistant while I spent time getting ready and enjoying the moment with friends and family.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with Jane Wilcox was perfect! I was able to depend on her for every little tiny detail. For example, remembering what color gem stones I wanted for our gift boxes, how many and what color balloons for the driveway.... All the way up to maintaining assertiveness and professionalism with all of my family and other vendors to ensure mine and my husbands wishes were met. We got married at the Osborn Castle in Garrison NY which is an outdoor venue. We always wanted our wedding outdoors and Jane helped us create an A and B plan to accommodate for inclement weather. Our day was perfect and sunny but I know it would have been just the same if it had rained. Most of all, whenever I felt nervous and got wrapped up in stress over the weather or transportation issues or whatever Jane helped me remember what really mattered... Marrying the Love of my life! I had the best most perfect beautiful day ever! Thank you Jane
Wedding: 09/09/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jane was absolutely amazing. She met and exceeded all my expectations for a wedding planner and made my day so relaxing. Since I had Jane I did not worry about one detail, and there were many. I would highly recommend Jane. Her professionalism and responsiveness were exceptional.
Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jane handled everything I didn't want to. If I wanted to do something, she offered advice and then stepped back. She had great suggestions about things that I should consider and hadn't. She helped me organize myself and the wedding. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing - every time I looked up thinking something needed to be done, she was already doing it. She got along with the caterer, the quartet, the wait staff, the valets, the guests, the coordinator at the church…. she was just wonderful.
Wedding: 12/26/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jane Wilcox was incredibly helpful in helping us to coordinate our "day-of-wedding" details-- not only did she ensure that everything ran smoothly on the wedding day, but she made herself available prior to the wedding and helped us plan details in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Her knowledge and attention to detail was incredibly thorough and it really put me at ease knowing that she was "directing" the show while I was enjoying my unforgettable day. It was also took a huge weight off of my mom's shoulders, who probably would have been stressing over orchestrating all the events that day if we hadn't had Jane to help us. Thank you so much, Jane, for helping us make our day so memorable-- and relaxing! :-D
Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When my daughter & her fiance' Jaymie, both West Point Cadets, announced that they wanted to get married in New York the day after graduation, I panicked. Being from North Carolina, I knew nothing of the area so I knew I needed help-a wedding planner. After interviewing two others event planners, I was finally connected with Jane, who answered her phone while running through an airport to catch a plane. By the time I spoke with her, I was frantic, frustrated & in tears, & could barely speak. Jane took charge, calmed me down & with her reassuring words put everything into perspective. She spent several months keeping Morgan & me organized & on schedule. She narrowed down the vendors that were best suited to us & worked with Morgan attending interviews & appointments. The day of the wedding things were going beautifully, but when the hair stylist didn't show, Jane pulled out her little information book, got to work & found a wonderful young lady who came to our rescue. Morgan looked stunning, the wedding started on time & it was perfect.
Jane is a true professional, well organized, friendly, patient, & a knowledgeable event planner. I highly recommend her!
Wedding: 05/23/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the start, all the way to the bitter cold end, Jane W. was a superb planner and organizer. She brought to my attention details that I had forgotten and magically made the logistics fall into step. Jane went above and beyond the call of duty in so many ways, accommodating all my special, and sometimes difficult, requests. She was there when I needed her and remained discreetly in the wings ready to troubleshoot and facilitate the rest of the time. Jane’s involvement was vital to the success of the event, which would probably have been an anarchic circus otherwise. Jane embodies the highest art of professionalism and customer service and is also a very nice person.
Wedding: 03/19/2006
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A true professional, Jane made sure that our daughter’s wedding went smoothly and beautifully. From suggesting wines and appetizers, to suggesting photographers and musicians and coordinating our meetings with the pastry chef and florist, to wrangling (very) difficult relatives with aplomb, Jane made it possible for all of us to enjoy that special day without worrying about anything. She was there every step of the way: proactive when we needed her to be, a calming presence in the background at all times. Thanks, Jane!
Wedding: 12/28/2005
 845-430-9582
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire